Anacapri on Ponce
2530 Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Anacapri on Ponce
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.anacaprifood.com/
- Phone: 3054438388
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gustavo Ribero
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday 7:30pm
A word from Anacapri on Ponce
Anacapri’s Italian cuisine is full of the kind of simple, unforgettable dishes that keep regulars coming back. The casual but fine-dining atmosphere will provide you with the perfect venue whether you’re out for a romantic evening or celebrating with your friends. It is elegant yet familiar and once you’re here, you’re family. As the past, present, and future generation in Italian food, Anacapri’s cuisine will never go out of style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Anacapri on Ponce - Best Restaurants in Coral Gables ›
Anacapri on Ponce reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)special occasion (18)good for groups (13)romantic (12)notable wine list (10)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (6)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Service was not good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The food at Ana Capri is Outstanding however the service was terrible. We went for a group lunch a friend that is retiring. Only half of our group was given menus. We then had to share menus and wait 20 minutes for the host to bring out more menus. It then took a very long time for the waiter to bring out drinks and bread. We had to ask twice for straws and balsamic. I have goon here may times before with my husband and in groups and never had an issue with service. I would not recommend Ana Carpi for lunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner to noisyDiningfanDined on 8/23/2014Food was very good. Service was good, but the restaurant was very crowded, waiter was overwhelmed. The noise level was very high, not the place for a quiet dinner.Special Features:
- Okay experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I was hoping the food would be a bit more flavorful, especially the pasta. The lasagna was alright, the meat sauce that came w the tortellini was really good but did quite make up for the plain tasting stuffed tortellini. The lamb chops were tasty and tender. Great wine list.Special Features:
- neighborhood gemelimarVIPDined on 8/19/2014Their eggplant parmesan is outstanding !!!! We had a delicious glass of Chianti followed by a very fresh Caesar salad. They even put a real anchovy in the salad. No bottle dressing here. Then we had the eggplant which is perfectly cooked, The servings are generous and we took food home for lunch .We have since gone back and have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- A Pleasant RestauranthappyjackDined on 8/17/2014Enjoyed your Miami Spice menu. It was everything you said it would be.Special Features:
- Great Restaurantjo6359Dined on 8/15/2014Our party of 4 went for dinner. The lemon rissoto with lobster was perfectly cooked. Service was excellent. Our group will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to PinecrestluvgoodfoodDined on 8/10/2014We ate here after our God-daughter's baptism. The food was highly forgettable, unfortunately! We had Lentil soup, which was the highlight of our meal. Our main dishes of Chicken Marsala and Chicken Parmesan lacked tenderness and depth. Our group's other members left over their food, and our hope for dessert was dashed when the tiramisu seemed at least 1 day old, and had no pop of flavor. We feel that this location will be an anchor to the Pinecrest Anacapri, which we have enjoyed on many previous occasions.Special Features:
- Great place!diningoutDined on 8/8/2014We tried the Miami spice menu, good portions great food! Definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Ready for Miami SpiceWesleyDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I went here the first Saturday during Miami Spice month. I am not sure if this restaurant has participated in previous years, but I do not think this place was ready for it. The restaurant was full and seemed understaffed. The service suffered greatly because of it. They did not have the ossobuco, which to me was the best entree choice on the Miami Spice menu. We ordered our food and waited over 45 minutes before we received it. They served us our entrees, and the busboy was surprised when we said that we have yet to receive our appetizers. The food was not the long wait nor the poor service. If you are looking for a good Miami Spice restaurant, look elsewhere.
- Extremely noisy.HollyDined on 8/2/2014Both Friday & Saturday they ran out of the main dish. Ossobuco. Disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time is a charmBoatsDined on 7/30/2014We had our wedding reception at Anacapri on Ponce three years ago and have come back each year on our annivesary to celebrate and received VIP treatment as always. The veal francese over a bed of spinach was amazing and my wife tried a daily special of shrimp and aspargus ravioli that was also out of this world. Service was impeccable, it always is.Special Features:
- We love to eat at this location.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014This is our fourth time visiting this location. We love inviting our friends and family. The ambiance is awesome .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!HumanNatureVIPDined on 7/2/2014I can't find one negative about this place. It's a quaint neighborhood gem. Excellent Italian! My favorite is the eggplant parma with a side of pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014We had a table for 6 - birthday celebration - everyone thought their dinner was exceptional, service was attentive without being overbearing, food, drinks and wine came promptly - all-in-all a great evening. As someone who dines out constantly, I have one suggestion - I wish all restaurants with hard surfaces would look into ceiling sound baffles to lower the din. As the restaurant fills up, diners start to speak louder and louder in order to be heard by their fellow diners - the din becomes so distracting that one can barely focus on the food regardless of how good it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local gemelimarVIPDined on 6/24/2014Since dining at this restaurant, I have gone back twice and enjoyed it as much as the first time. The portions are huge and this is a family style restaurant. By far, the best eggplant parmigiani I had in years. My dining partners concurred. The Ceasar salad was delicious and the wine selections excellent. This is one of my new favorite restaurants!! The wait staff is very attentive even during the finals of the World Cup.Special Features:
- ponceluv2dineVIPDined on 6/19/2014very good food. very attentive service. varied menu. great prices. great valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Service was great!SteakLoverDined on 6/8/2014Loved this place. We were a party of 4 on a Sunday Evening and the place was very quiet! Maybe two other tables were occupied. Can't say it was romantic because it was very bright even after the sun went down we still noticed a lack of that Italian feel we look for in Italian restaurants. Food was great. I didn't see any vodka sauce dishes on the menu. But the chef put together a penne ala vodka that was quite exceptional. We spent right at $100 for 4 people so prices weren't bad. We will go back on our next trip to Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing especially remarkablePickyDined on 5/23/2014The food is good enough, but not noteworthy. Service was inattentive and place was loud (at least two parties were in process, so this could be a rarity). Good location.
- Never DisappointsGeomasDined on 5/11/2014The food and wine is always excellent. Nice atmosphere. The chocolate Anacapri (chocolate soufflé) is a must-have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerProudParentDined on 5/9/2014We were a party of 8 for a graduation dinner. Service was great and everyone enjoyed their meal. Reasonably priced.Special Features:
- The following 139 reviews are from the Anacapri on Ponce reviews archive.
- TarkiTarkiVIPDined on 4/5/2014The best pasta of Gables. If you are in the region, you should go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and ambiance.Kristine10VIPDined on 3/29/2014One of our favorite places in coral gables. Always consistent. Live their burrataSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DesapointedBrasilDined on 3/27/2014I have been in this place en several occasion in the past, now you can see the difference . The food was ok. Nothing impressive. The waitress was professional and correct but without The extra mile to make your dinner experience better and the bill at the end very expensive. I'm not coming back. Coral Gables has several optionsSpecial Features:
- Authentic Italian gemcamyVIPDined on 3/19/2014Sea Bass francese! Caesar salad with fresh anchovies (optional).Special Features:
- always good!OliverVIPDined on 3/4/2014Food is always good which is very important. The service was a little slow but it was ok. Will returnSpecial Features:
- Consistently amazingITVictoriaDined on 2/28/2014It was the third time in two years that we've dined at Anacapri and the manager, Elias, and his staff remembered us and treated everyone like family. We never visit without having Fiocchi or trying a different bottle of wine from their extensive list. It has become a staple special occasion location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had reservation, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014We had reservation, however took more than 45 minutes to get a table
- Love this placeisabelVIPDined on 2/14/2014The food is excellent and the manager(Elias) is great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnsurpassedRandallDined on 2/14/2014I went here for Valentines day and the service was top notch and very nice. The food took my heart to places I never thought food could take it. The chicken, the pasta, the sauces, the tomatos, the salad, the eggplant, the olives, the mushrooms, and of course the desert were prepared, cooked, and served with perfection. I will be going back again and again. Highly recommended spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeNIckVIPDined on 2/14/2014This place never fails. The food was great and the service was beyond reproach. I highly recommend this restaurant to Anyone that enjoys a phenomenal meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A family out for dinnerMiloandlucasDined on 2/14/2014My family and I went to Anacapri for what we knew would be a great meal accompanied with great ambiance.Special Features:
- Great Valentines Day Dinner!ThomasDined on 2/14/2014First time visiting for my wife and me, but had a great experience. They had a special 4-course menu for Valentines Day dinner, which was delicious (the regular menu looked great too). Very nice wine selection by-the-glass... I had a Louis Martini Cabernet and my wife had a glass of Piper Heidsieck champagne. Friendly hostesses and waiter. A rose for all the ladies was a very nice detail too. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Neighborhood restaurantLh451Dined on 2/14/2014Anacapri at Valentines was superb. Not only did they have tasty and filling selections, but also great service to match it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodBarnumDined on 1/25/2014The food was very good, but it was not as great as I remember when I used to live in South Miami. I got the lump crab meat stuffed snapper, but the stuffing was mostly breading and very little crab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Is EnoughlesouriceauDined on 1/4/2014The ambiance and service were fine but that's where the good news ends. We had three dishes and could not imagine staying for desert after that. While the fried calamari appetizer was little more than acceptable, the Bucatini Amatriciana pasta sauce was a glop of who-knows-what which tasted stale and confused and nothing like Amatriciana sauces from good Italian restaurants. While the Eggplant Parmigiana which followed looked pretty as plated, the eggplant was barely seasoned and the sauce was rather ordinary. So, the best that can be said is "diner beware."
- Too much noise but other than thatrlauzu1965Dined on 12/31/2013Everything was great except that the music was too loud and it was only 830pm. This is a restaurant not a bar. Except for that it was a memorable evening. Will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Great Food-Lovely Atmospherejo6359Dined on 12/31/2013I ordered a pasta filled with pears and 4 cheeses. It was light and full of flavor. My friend ordered riggitoni and enjoyed her entrée immensely. The mozzarella appetizer was not well balanced. Great flavours. The strawberry drizzle was a delightful contrast to the cheese. Overall, food was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodEcb56Dined on 12/26/2013Wine very expensive. Food very good definitely try the Fiochis thay are pasta filled with 3 kinds of cheese in a delicious sweet Gorgonzola sauce, fried calamari are fresh and well cooked. Very good food but the wines are extremely ovecharged. House wine which is Alamo brand orth $7 commercially they sell for $32. :/Special Features:
- Big portionsLinusDined on 12/23/2013The food is excellent, but either take a big appetite or split dishes with your companion(s). The wines by the bottle are numerous and cover all price points. Surprisingly, though, the wines by the glass, especially the whites, are disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatTripDined on 12/22/2013I've held two parties there, a wedding rehearsal dinner and school reunion, and both have been very successful. The staff continuously went out of their way to ensure that everybody was taken care of and happy. The food is fabulous. I will repeatedly return to this establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.