Anacapri on Ponce
2530 Ponce de Leon Blvd.
Coral Gables, FL 33134Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Anacapri on Ponce
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.anacaprifood.com/
- Phone: 3054438388
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gustavo Ribero
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music Wednesday 7:30pm
A word from Anacapri on Ponce
Anacapri’s Italian cuisine is full of the kind of simple, unforgettable dishes that keep regulars coming back. The casual but fine-dining atmosphere will provide you with the perfect venue whether you’re out for a romantic evening or celebrating with your friends. It is elegant yet familiar and once you’re here, you’re family. As the past, present, and future generation in Italian food, Anacapri’s cuisine will never go out of style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Anacapri on Ponce reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)neighborhood gem (26)romantic (24)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (14)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (8)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Reservation timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We had a reservation for 8:45pm and when we got there they advised us to wait 5 mintues. We ended up sitting at our table at 9:12Pm. We were not happy about that but at the end we were there to eat and the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dannyd04072000Dined on 9/19/2014Excellent food. Prepared perfectly. Service was good, however, not outstanding. Servers could be a bit more attentive to guest needs (pepper mill, and Parmesan should not have to be asked for--repeatedly). All in all, the Italian food was right on. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- business dinner in Coral gablessummer14Dined on 9/16/2014Enjoyed a business dinner, party of 3 on a Tues night at Anacapri. The setting is very pleasant and a decent crowd for Tues in September. All food was well received and special praise for Snapper Francese as it was very flavorful, well prepared and not at all soggy. Enjoyed a nice 2008 Brunelo wine recommended by our waiter. Very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Not your typical Gables restaurant!MeBeDined on 9/14/2014Some Coral Gables restaurants have a reputation for being "snobby", not this restaurant! We had a wonderful dinner meal off the Miami Spice dinner menu, we were seated promptly, and our meal was served without a flaw. The only minor glitch was in securing salt for the table. It took two requests. The meals (Lamb & fish) were served as ordered, and all were exceptional. The Cheese appetizer was unexpectly sweet, no bad, just unanticipated. Once we adjusted our expectation, the dish was delightful. Also, two members in our party have hearing issues - even with a very crowded bar area about seven feet away, due to the finishes in the restaurant, our table was both quiet and intimate. We appreciated it and will return.Special Features:
- Rock solid food, service, ambienceroger313131VIPDined on 8/29/2014It's rare to find any public place in South Fla that has the warmth of a friendly home, thoughtful and attentive service, where the word "no" isn't in their lexicon. Well, Anacapri in the Gables is such a rare place, and I've not even mentioned the consistently delicious food, a wide selection of classic Italian dishes, pastas, salads, and desserts. I've become a frequent visitor and will return many more times, with friends and family. Highest possible recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not that greatJan58Dined on 8/29/2014Sea Bass had no taste and we sent it back. Service was good.Special Features:
- excellent DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Gritting service food wonderful my Lamb chops ummmmm tender and juicy my mozzarella appetizers was a bomb no mistake findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was not good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The food at Ana Capri is Outstanding however the service was terrible. We went for a group lunch a friend that is retiring. Only half of our group was given menus. We then had to share menus and wait 20 minutes for the host to bring out more menus. It then took a very long time for the waiter to bring out drinks and bread. We had to ask twice for straws and balsamic. I have goon here may times before with my husband and in groups and never had an issue with service. I would not recommend Ana Carpi for lunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner to noisyDiningfanDined on 8/23/2014Food was very good. Service was good, but the restaurant was very crowded, waiter was overwhelmed. The noise level was very high, not the place for a quiet dinner.Special Features:
- Okay experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I was hoping the food would be a bit more flavorful, especially the pasta. The lasagna was alright, the meat sauce that came w the tortellini was really good but did quite make up for the plain tasting stuffed tortellini. The lamb chops were tasty and tender. Great wine list.Special Features:
- neighborhood gemelimarVIPDined on 8/19/2014Their eggplant parmesan is outstanding !!!! We had a delicious glass of Chianti followed by a very fresh Caesar salad. They even put a real anchovy in the salad. No bottle dressing here. Then we had the eggplant which is perfectly cooked, The servings are generous and we took food home for lunch .We have since gone back and have not been disappointed.Special Features:
- A Pleasant RestauranthappyjackDined on 8/17/2014Enjoyed your Miami Spice menu. It was everything you said it would be.Special Features:
- Great Restaurantjo6359Dined on 8/15/2014Our party of 4 went for dinner. The lemon rissoto with lobster was perfectly cooked. Service was excellent. Our group will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to PinecrestluvgoodfoodDined on 8/10/2014We ate here after our God-daughter's baptism. The food was highly forgettable, unfortunately! We had Lentil soup, which was the highlight of our meal. Our main dishes of Chicken Marsala and Chicken Parmesan lacked tenderness and depth. Our group's other members left over their food, and our hope for dessert was dashed when the tiramisu seemed at least 1 day old, and had no pop of flavor. We feel that this location will be an anchor to the Pinecrest Anacapri, which we have enjoyed on many previous occasions.Special Features:
- Great place!diningoutDined on 8/8/2014We tried the Miami spice menu, good portions great food! Definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Ready for Miami SpiceWesleyDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I went here the first Saturday during Miami Spice month. I am not sure if this restaurant has participated in previous years, but I do not think this place was ready for it. The restaurant was full and seemed understaffed. The service suffered greatly because of it. They did not have the ossobuco, which to me was the best entree choice on the Miami Spice menu. We ordered our food and waited over 45 minutes before we received it. They served us our entrees, and the busboy was surprised when we said that we have yet to receive our appetizers. The food was not the long wait nor the poor service. If you are looking for a good Miami Spice restaurant, look elsewhere.
- Extremely noisy.HollyDined on 8/2/2014Both Friday & Saturday they ran out of the main dish. Ossobuco. Disappointed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time is a charmBoatsDined on 7/30/2014We had our wedding reception at Anacapri on Ponce three years ago and have come back each year on our annivesary to celebrate and received VIP treatment as always. The veal francese over a bed of spinach was amazing and my wife tried a daily special of shrimp and aspargus ravioli that was also out of this world. Service was impeccable, it always is.Special Features:
- We love to eat at this location.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014This is our fourth time visiting this location. We love inviting our friends and family. The ambiance is awesome .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!HumanNatureVIPDined on 7/2/2014I can't find one negative about this place. It's a quaint neighborhood gem. Excellent Italian! My favorite is the eggplant parma with a side of pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014We had a table for 6 - birthday celebration - everyone thought their dinner was exceptional, service was attentive without being overbearing, food, drinks and wine came promptly - all-in-all a great evening. As someone who dines out constantly, I have one suggestion - I wish all restaurants with hard surfaces would look into ceiling sound baffles to lower the din. As the restaurant fills up, diners start to speak louder and louder in order to be heard by their fellow diners - the din becomes so distracting that one can barely focus on the food regardless of how good it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local gemelimarVIPDined on 6/24/2014Since dining at this restaurant, I have gone back twice and enjoyed it as much as the first time. The portions are huge and this is a family style restaurant. By far, the best eggplant parmigiani I had in years. My dining partners concurred. The Ceasar salad was delicious and the wine selections excellent. This is one of my new favorite restaurants!! The wait staff is very attentive even during the finals of the World Cup.Special Features:
- ponceluv2dineVIPDined on 6/19/2014very good food. very attentive service. varied menu. great prices. great valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Service was great!SteakLoverDined on 6/8/2014Loved this place. We were a party of 4 on a Sunday Evening and the place was very quiet! Maybe two other tables were occupied. Can't say it was romantic because it was very bright even after the sun went down we still noticed a lack of that Italian feel we look for in Italian restaurants. Food was great. I didn't see any vodka sauce dishes on the menu. But the chef put together a penne ala vodka that was quite exceptional. We spent right at $100 for 4 people so prices weren't bad. We will go back on our next trip to Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 142 reviews are from the Anacapri on Ponce reviews archive.
- Nothing especially remarkablePickyDined on 5/23/2014The food is good enough, but not noteworthy. Service was inattentive and place was loud (at least two parties were in process, so this could be a rarity). Good location.
- Never DisappointsGeomasDined on 5/11/2014The food and wine is always excellent. Nice atmosphere. The chocolate Anacapri (chocolate soufflé) is a must-have!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation DinnerProudParentDined on 5/9/2014We were a party of 8 for a graduation dinner. Service was great and everyone enjoyed their meal. Reasonably priced.Special Features:
- TarkiTarkiVIPDined on 4/5/2014The best pasta of Gables. If you are in the region, you should go there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and ambiance.Kristine10VIPDined on 3/29/2014One of our favorite places in coral gables. Always consistent. Live their burrataSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DesapointedBrasilDined on 3/27/2014I have been in this place en several occasion in the past, now you can see the difference . The food was ok. Nothing impressive. The waitress was professional and correct but without The extra mile to make your dinner experience better and the bill at the end very expensive. I'm not coming back. Coral Gables has several optionsSpecial Features:
- Authentic Italian gemcamyVIPDined on 3/19/2014Sea Bass francese! Caesar salad with fresh anchovies (optional).Special Features:
- MagictwistDined on 3/15/2014Atmosphere and food was excellent. My wife and I were celeberating our wedding anniversary and they made the celebration wonderful. We received both complimentary champagne and dessert. We had a wonderful experience and I highly recommend AnaCapri!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good!OliverVIPDined on 3/4/2014Food is always good which is very important. The service was a little slow but it was ok. Will returnSpecial Features:
- Consistently amazingITVictoriaDined on 2/28/2014It was the third time in two years that we've dined at Anacapri and the manager, Elias, and his staff remembered us and treated everyone like family. We never visit without having Fiocchi or trying a different bottle of wine from their extensive list. It has become a staple special occasion location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had reservation, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014We had reservation, however took more than 45 minutes to get a table
- Love this placeisabelVIPDined on 2/14/2014The food is excellent and the manager(Elias) is great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnsurpassedRandallDined on 2/14/2014I went here for Valentines day and the service was top notch and very nice. The food took my heart to places I never thought food could take it. The chicken, the pasta, the sauces, the tomatos, the salad, the eggplant, the olives, the mushrooms, and of course the desert were prepared, cooked, and served with perfection. I will be going back again and again. Highly recommended spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeNIckVIPDined on 2/14/2014This place never fails. The food was great and the service was beyond reproach. I highly recommend this restaurant to Anyone that enjoys a phenomenal meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A family out for dinnerMiloandlucasDined on 2/14/2014My family and I went to Anacapri for what we knew would be a great meal accompanied with great ambiance.Special Features:
- Great Valentines Day Dinner!ThomasDined on 2/14/2014First time visiting for my wife and me, but had a great experience. They had a special 4-course menu for Valentines Day dinner, which was delicious (the regular menu looked great too). Very nice wine selection by-the-glass... I had a Louis Martini Cabernet and my wife had a glass of Piper Heidsieck champagne. Friendly hostesses and waiter. A rose for all the ladies was a very nice detail too. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.