Ana Beall's Tea Room
415 Westfield Avenue
Westfield, NJ 07090Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Ana Beall's Tea Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.anabeallstearoom.com/
- Phone: 9082644221
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation: Wednesday* - Thursday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Friday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Saturday: 10:00am - 10:00pm; Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm; *Summer Hours: closed Wednesday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Afternoon Tea, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Jason Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Cafe, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Ana Beall's is happy to assist you with all your catering needs, whether you need a simple hot or cold luncheon for your office, morning sweets for your client meetings, or a full service off-site tea, dinner, or cocktail party, we can provide you delicious options at great prices. Speak to our Events Coordinator for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Ana Beall's is a full-service restaurant with specialities that include elegant daytime and evening options, including Brunch, Luncheon, Traditional Afternoon Tea Service, Appetizer and Dessert Parties, and Seating Dining. Our menus are eclectic, American fare, and can be customized.
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Jacko 9082644221
- Special Events: Ana Beall's specializes in special events. We have private party rooms, or we can organize an event to give you the run of the house. Bridal and baby showers, birthday parties, wedding rehearsal, confirmation, christening luncheons, pre-temple dinners.
- Cross Street: South Avenue
- Public Transit: The Westfield Train Station is 2 blocks from our location. Exit the train towards South Avenue, and walk 1 block west to Westfield Avenue.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking is available at metered spots (meters are enforced until 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday) or in 2-hour free parking zones on the next block. After 12 p.m. daily, parking is free in the Westfield Train Station Commuter Parking lot, 2 blocks from our location.
A word from Ana Beall's Tea Room
Ana Beall"s Tea Room is a full-service restaurant, offering morning sweets and lunch during the week, brunch on the weekend, a Southern-inspired supper on Friday and Saturday nights, along with a great-for-sharing Small Plates menu. And, true to our name, we offer traditional British-style tea service every day. Our onsite pastry chef bakes up imaginative and delicious new treats every morning, and our savory chef prepares your brunch, lunch, and dinner selections to order. We are pleased to cater your private parties at our lovely site in Westfield, or at your location, as you wish. Our highly trained kitchen team, and our attentive staff hope to make your visit to Ana Beall’s an elegant and serene experience. Visit us at 415 Westfield Avenue in Westfield or at www.anabeallstearoom.com. Contact us at email@example.com or at (908) 264-4221.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ana Beall's Tea Room reviews from OpenTable diners
- DisappointedTeahouserDined on 4/5/2014The interior of this home needs a lot of work. There is nothing to indicate that the theme here is a "tea room." The "high tea" cake plate left a lot to be desired. Nothing creative here! The scone was very good. I travelled 40 minutes and was looking forward to a nice presentation. It did not happen. Best thing of the day was spending a few hours with a good friend. Must say they were very busy!!!!!
- great foodlizzyDined on 3/30/2014i must say the food was excellent, we had brunch. The service was sub par for sure, but the owner gave us a quite a large credit on the bill (unsolicited by us) so that made up for it a bitSpecial Features:
- Nice Place... Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2014Nice place for brunch. Good food although portion sizes were not too big. Large selection of teas. Service was a little slow but it could have been because they had a big party going on at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the coziness of AnnaRubyslippersDined on 3/16/2014I love the coziness of Anna Beall's . The presentation of High Tea ,with the delicious finger sandwiches and yummy dessert make this place a real treat !!!! My favorite though are the homemade scones !! Ladies if you are looking for a special spot to go with a friend , Anna Beall's is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed!SBCMomDined on 3/15/2014I had been to Ana Beal's at least 20 times before this visit, and it had become one of my favorite places to spend time with special people enjoying fabulous food, tea, and attentive yet unobtrusive service. This time around was shocking, and I will not be going back. The service was shoddy, the food was almost inedible, even the scones which used to be "to die for" tasted as if they had been made with bisquick.
- Always enjoyableKimmymattVIPDined on 3/9/2014Came for brunch. Very lovely place. A little annoyed when I ordered tea then I was served a different tea. Was told they sold out if one I ordered. Would have rather been told that so I could pick a different one other then it being picked for me. Service is very slow. Relaxing on a non rush busy day but if you have somewhere to be let them know. Scones are akwYs so fresh and warm. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tea timeKatieSDined on 3/1/2014I have been to Ana Beall's tea room three times now, and enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea each time. The price definitely beats the price in NYC, and the scones are delicious. The chefs/bakers mix up the offerings, so the scone flavors are always different, but every scone I have had is big, warm, and delicious. And when you slather on the clotted cream and jam, well, nothing beats it. The sandwiches are good, but I wish they used a heartier bread. The teas are wonderful, and they will 'wet the pot' as often as necessary. I love the quote on the wall downstairs - “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”Special Features:
- This is a quiet, pleasantdefinitelyrecommendDined on 2/16/2014This is a quiet, pleasant place with a specialty menu in their vast selection of teas to accompany their delicious selection of foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunchbuckyboochDined on 2/15/2014We were the first people there so it's hard to really judge noise level, but the food and ambience were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just for the scones, scrumptious!MarshyDined on 1/26/2014I was only offered seating downstairs. Trusting the 2 lovely upstairs rooms were surely private parties, i accepted seated near the kitchen door. Later, i watched all the following guests asked if they would like to be seated upstairs - naughty that! For an early Sunday brunch, I booked here with an acute nostalgia for their wonderful Ploughman's breakfast- alas the server said no, probably another restaurant. (Most definitely not!) Among the specials recited was a ham & cheese quiche that i selected - it arrived mostly broccoli. Lukewarm tea was served in tandem with the lukewarm quiche & a stingy salad with a slight drizzle of dressing. Not a happy experience, albeit memorable for all the wrong reasons - yet a really scrumptious scone!
- Good food/cold room/slow serviceCranfordianDined on 1/25/2014First time there after hearing favorable reviews. Our timing coincided with two private parties held upstairs which forced our group to eat on the main entrance floor which is chilly due to front door opening all the time. Staff seems confused and disorganized. Service as I had read previously on OpenTable was definitely the weakest spot. But having two private parties upstairs didn't help matters. Fortunately the food is very good especially the freshly made scones. The costs were quite reasonable. Makes me wonder if they slightly raised them, maybe they could afford more kitchen and wait staff. Will likely give it one more shot, but will wait until weather warms up and if there's seating upstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have great sandwiches. theNaytivNYerDined on 1/19/2014Have great sandwiches. the slow cooked pork with thier own bbq sauce was very good. However they have a brie and chicken sandwich that is even better.Special Features:
- Quaint place for afternoonBE2014Dined on 1/18/2014Quaint place for afternoon tea or a quiet brunch. Relaxed and pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Cream TeaTea42Dined on 1/11/2014Light flaky scones, excellent tea selection. We enjoyed our visit and will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy RespiteBuckleDined on 1/11/2014Peaceful stop in bustling Westfield for a nice lunch/tea party!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with the girls in our familyJomamaDined on 12/26/2013We all liked the fact that the restaurant is broken up into rooms - which makes it easy to hear each other for conversation. The pumpkin butternut squash soup was a hit, as well as the salads and sandwiches. The scones were so fresh and delicious - everyone enjoyed them tremendously. The service was wonderful and we didn't feel rushed. I am not a tea drinker, but the other 6 women who had tea thought it was too weak, even though they let the tea steep for quite a while. I personally would recommend Ana Beall's for a get together with the girls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely afternoon lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013Our group loved the ambience of Ana Beall's. The tea selection was extensive, the service very good and the noise level was very low. Some of us enjoyed our food very much and some were not so pleased. However, we all agreed we'd be back soon, perhaps for afternoon tea.Special Features:
- Disappointed with Ana Beall'sFoodMavenVIPDined on 11/16/2013I've been to Ana Beall's several times since it opened and have always enjoyed the wonderful teas, scones, sandwiches. I haven't been there in a while and was disappointed this time. No effort was made to honor my request for an upstairs table-we had to plead to be moved upstairs. Once we were seated, service was extremely slow-it took an hour from when we placed our order until our table was first set and we were served. The tea sandwiches in our order were skimpy--you could barely see the egg, chicken or tuna salad between the bread. The scones were good but the dessert goodies were nothing special. I don't know whether this was an off day, but we were not impressed.Special Features:
- We liked the concept, theOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/16/2013We liked the concept, the ambience and the tea selection was great. We were there for weekend brunch. While we understand the concept of tea time is to be slower paced and enjoyable, the service was very, very slow. The place is understaffed especially when there is a large private party. The service staff forgot our soup. Our eggs and salmon hash were lukewarm. We would've stayed for more tea, but our table was never cleared after we had finished our brunch.Special Features:
- At least it was closeJassDined on 10/26/2013When our favorite tea room closed two years ago, we had to find a new place. I suppose we were spoiled. Everything about that place had been special--the food, the decor, the gift shop, and the service. Ana Beall's food was good, but not really up to the quality we had before. I made a reservation a month in advance, but when the five of us arrived, we were shown to a table for four with an extra chair at the end. Eventually, we got the server to add a small table so that we were not so badly cramped, but the downstairs left a lot to be desired. (The upstairs was unavailable.) We missed the little extras (pretty tablecloths, china, etc.) that had made our "old" place a treat. They would not have served our water in plastic cups!
- Going DownhillJJKMRKDined on 10/24/2013Been to Ana Beall's many times and have noticed it has been getting worse and this last time it was really awful, Don't know if they have a new chef or what but the food was not good and made a reservation but got stuck downstairs in cold and noise. Waitress was stressed seemed to be only one there. Unfortunately I don't think I'll go back again and I really had high hopes.
- Decor niceChelsea1334Dined on 10/13/2013We went for lunch on a Sunday and I was not impressed with the lunch menu. It was a brunch menu and though the salmon omelet was wonderful the chicken san which was disappointing as well as the monte Christo sandwhich. The bread on both was tasteless and not dense or flavorful and the teas were not replenished enough...for the table and a larger basket of assorted breads was needed for our birthday party of 5 people. Two people in our party were 81 years old and had a hard time Climbing the stairs to get to the restaurant To be fair I will need to come back with a friend and order from the lunch menu which offered more sandwhich items
- Major DisappointmentDbf22VIPDined on 10/10/2013Our waitress waited 15 minutes before she came to our table. We had questions re the menu and her answer was I don't know. Our food was delivered incorrectly and was dry and tasteless. It was such a major let down and the decor was without character. We couldn't wait to get out of there.
- Not like beforejustsayingDined on 10/5/2013Been here previously and had been pleased-but not this time. Service was extremely slow.Lunch menu offered fewer choices, and they were out of several menu items-including scone! I will not recommend coming here again.
- Average food, horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/22/2013While the tea list is impressive and the decor is darling, the food is decidedly average, the service was horrendous and they are quite a disorganized, sloppy disappoint!
- Great Tea HouseIloveteaDined on 9/14/2013We love Ana Bealls....the food is great....scones are incredible We have been to other Tea Houses in the area But Ana Bealls is our favorite We will definitely be back again NancySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just lovelyKristenDined on 8/25/2013Such a cute and quiet place for the most delicious food! The menu has excellent choices and it's great that there is no time limit to brunch, it is served all day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotRdsawksDined on 8/3/2013The brunch we all enjoyed last Saturday was delightful! Between the vast selection of teas and a varied menu, no one can go away hungry !! The scones are a must ( with or without the clotted cream). Friendly and attentive wait staff. Delightful start to our weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Childen,s tea with GrandaughterJulieDined on 7/25/2013Tea sandwiches were not as tasty as on prior visits,the same for the miniature pastries. The crabcake was very soft and very blandly seasoned,on top of mesclun greens which were not picked over properly. I am sure that these suggestions will be taken seriously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very poor tea experiencedinerDined on 7/21/2013We ordered the queen's tea for 27 dollars. The scones were dry and hard, like a cookie, sprinkled with sugar. The sandwiches were all on slightly stale, white bread. The sandwiches were made with minimal care, egg or chicken salad was in big chunks, one of my sandwiches just had one slice of egg white on it. The red pepper and hummus sandwich was just swiped over the bread, so the bread was colored red but had no real filling in it. We paid for an included dessert, or as an alternative, 2 scones to take home. They were out of both, but made no reimbursement for their being out of things. We go to many tea places. This is the worst tea place that we have been to. Service was also very slow for having three tables of customers.
- Lovely Brunch LocationECDinesDined on 6/15/2013This place is exactly what ladies need to have in their town for a quiet get together with the girls. Lovely restaurant, adorable decor and good food. Definitely will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great little place, but...krisquigDined on 6/9/2013I've been here twice and I am always leaving wanting just a bit more. I had high tea the first time (soup or salad, finger sandwiches, small desserts, biscuits, tea, etc.). I was very pleased with that. I had a grilled chicken sandwich last time. It was average, nothing special. My husband enjoyed his crab cakes over salad very much. Of course, they have a huge variety of teas. There appear to be 3 separate rooms to dine in; all decorated different. Please note that two of the rooms are upstairs so request the bottom floor if you are with someone who may have difficulty with stairs. All in all, I would go back again, but would probably stick with the finger sandwiches or try a quiche or something.Special Features:
- Excellent food and ambiencehgladDined on 6/8/2013This place by far has the best scones I've ever tasted. I ordered the high tea and is was divine, down to the homemade butter and delectable desserts. My dining partner ordered a salad off the brunch menu which was decent but the dressing did not offer much flavor. The flavored teas were very good. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have an excellent teaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2013They have an excellent tea selection however I thought the food was just okay and a little overpriced. I would go back just for tea next time and not so much to eat.
- Mother's Day LunchSamanthaDined on 5/12/2013My sister, mother and I went to Ana Beal's for Mother's Day lunch this past Sunday. We were able to sit outside and the weather was lovely. The selection of teas here was fantastic, ranging in flavors and fruits, and we got the Mango Mango as well as a Pomegranate blend. I would recommend to the management that they brew the fruit teas iced for summer, as we were given the tea pots hot and poured them into glasses of ice, possibly diluting the flavor. The food was lovely and light, perfect for a tea room. The wait staff was comprised of mostly young women, who seemed frantic (potentially because of the Mother's Day rush only), but the food, for its simplicity, took a long time to be delivered. Overall we had a nice, relaxed lunch.Special Features:
- Perfect for Mother's DayErinDined on 5/12/2013I surprised my Mom with a reservation and a bouquet of flowers that was delivered before we sat down. The staff even watered the plants for me when they noticed that there wasn't a sufficient amount in the vase. Very considerate! The food was okay. I mean it this way because- for the price we paid for the special- there was hardly enough food to be worth it. I advise you to skip the specials and just get a dinner or lunch meal. Their tea selection, however, is above and beyond amazing. They even have the loose leaves that you can buy afterwards! The only real problem I had was the lower level table spacing...To say it was claustrophobic is being kind. Overall, a wonderful place to hit for brunch or if you're a tea fanatic.Special Features:
- Still HungryAnonymousDined on 5/10/2013Only one or two other tables were occupied, and yet it took 40+ minutes from the time we placed our order till we were served. My young son wondered whether the chef had left to shop for ingredients! The tea and scones were fabulous. The finger sandwiches are pretty tasty, but they don't give you nearly enough to satisfy even a modest appetite. I left still hungry. Pretty pricey for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went for breakfast - deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/28/2013I went for breakfast - delicious - but would love to return for one of the teas, which is a particular favorite 'meal' of mine. I don't live near Westfield but would like to grab a few girlfriends for an lovely afternoon out.Special Features:
- Got SconesmissbedishDined on 3/31/2013Came for Easter Brunch -- scones were delicious and hostess/waitress was very friendly and accomodating. Anything we asked for she happily said 'no problem' and delivered.Special Features:
- Friendly service. Wide selectionKelliDined on 3/30/2013Friendly service. Wide selection of teas (all four of us enjoyed our tea). The cinnamon scones were delicious! Tea sandwiches were OK, but I think I'll try brunch items next time. My husband loved his croque madame. Potato and leek soup was good. I'd go back again.Special Features: