An Urban Table
8232 Mission Road
Prairie Village, KS 66208Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
An Urban Table
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.urbantablekc.com/
- Phone: 9139486900x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch 11am-3:30pm, Every Day menu 3:30pm-4:30pm, Dinner 4:30pm-10pm
Lunch 11am-3:30pm, Every Day menu 3:30pm-4:30pm, Dinner 4:30pm-11pm
Brunch 8am-3:30pm, Every Day menu 3:30pm-4:30pm, Dinner 4:30pm-11pm
Brunch 8am-3:30pm, Every Day menu 3:30pm-4:30pm, Dinner 4:30pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alex Staab
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Urban Table catering provides the service you expect from an established restaurant at your event or party. Providing options for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (and dessert), we can customize your order to suit whatever needs you have. We know how big a job planning an event is, and we work hard to make the catering part as simple for you as possible without sacrificing the details. Urban Table presents you with unique and fresh selections that will impress your guests. Let Urban Table cater your next event and see the difference experience can make.
- Private Party Facilities: An Urban Table presents you with unique and fresh selections that will impress your guests. Let An Urban Table host your next event and see the difference experience can make.
- Private Party Contact: Princess Pritchard at Bread & Butter Concepts 8667642172
- Entertainment: Live music on the patio thru September 25, 2014 from 6-9pm.
- Special Events: Live music on the patio thru September 25, 2014.
A word from An Urban Table
Every neighborhood should have a place like Urban Table: an urban bistro that is a destination for locals. Our modern American bistro has a commitment to quality that comes from a desire to feed good people with fresh, scratch-made food at an honest value. Caring, sit-down service is standard in this inviting space where patrons can relax with fresh, unique entrées and small plates, or happy hour beverages among friends selected from the impressive wine and craft beer lists. All menu items are created from scratch with fresh, organic, seasonal ingredients and a little love from the chef-driven kitchen. Urban Table is a genuine urban experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
An Urban Table - Best Restaurants in Prairie Village ›
An Urban Table reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (74)fit for foodies (52)great for lunch (46)great for outdoor dining (43)great for brunch (34)good for groups (25)special occasion (18)hot spot (15)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (10)romantic (9)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Good menu choicesAnnieDined on 8/31/2014Interesting variety of brunch items -- I had the chorizo tacos and they were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- p3t3Dined on 8/31/2014Good food. Good service. Always a pleasure. Glad they are in Corinth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good again :)SouthPawVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our second trip to Urban Table and it was, yet again, quite good. I had the chorizo breakfast tacos and they were awesome. Though, on the menu a side of avocado is listed; in reality this is a few tiny pieces of avocado diced and put into the pico de gaillo. I thought the menu was unclear and I was definitely not impressed. My boyfriend had the waffle sliders and was quite happy with them. Overall, the food is good here, but it's a bit noisy for me oftentimes. I'm sure we'll come back again.Special Features:
- LUNCH WITH FRIENDSJANEVIPDined on 8/21/2014Good experience but noise level much too high, I could hardly hear across the table. Will hesitate to return during the lunch hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- morio44Dined on 8/20/2014Everyone in our group of seven was pleased with their lunch selections. Food was great, and our server was very accomadating. We all agreed we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great style!ChristineVIPDined on 8/17/2014I had some trouble finding something on the menu for me. I don't eat pork or beef, and the menu is pretty limited already, so I think I had two options. I had the shrimp and grits, and it was pretty good. My friend had the steak, and he absolutely loved it. The cocktails were fresh and fun, and reasonably priced. We ate outside, and it was very nice. The interior was cool - I loved the style in there... industrial contemporary? I liked it... I would go back during another season and hope for more options for me, and maybe some more original dishes.Special Features:
- Casual with a TwistKCDanoDined on 8/16/2014Great central location and was the perfect spot for my guests to meet up for an evening of great food and catching up. Our server was attentive but not obtrusive. The manager kept a careful eye on the floor and made her way throughout the dining room to make sure the guests were happy. We felt she genuinely cared. The menu is easy to navigate and the food is tasty. Noise level in the main dining room can be elevated but as the early evening diners departed so did the decibals. Nice patio but was full when we arrived. Pleasant decor, friendly staff. A spot on our go-to list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Like the inside/outside atmosphere and the casual surroundings with decent wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZippyDined on 8/10/2014The drinks were the only good thing my family and I had at brunch. The frittata was mostly bread, the pancakes were dry, over-easy eggs were overcooked and there was no mokey bread in the bread basket (as advertised). The tortilla chips used in the chilaquiles were good, but the rest of it was bland. Also, the chilaquiles were decribed as having avocado and tomato in them. There was one tiny slice of avocado and two slices of a cherry tomato. Our server was distracted and didn't check on us food until we were finished eating. The tables were very close together causing the people behind us and the servers to bump into us the entire meal. We were very disappointed with the experience because we really like the company's other restaurants.
- deedeeDined on 8/8/2014This is a friendly, neighborhood restaurant. The food is above average, as is the service. Because it is quite busy, the noise level is quite high, even in the outer, enclosed section.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014Great food, service and ambience. Came w/ a large group and the personal service in coordinating the dinner was exceptional. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sister meetingFoodie1Dined on 8/2/2014Urban Table was the perfect location for 7 of us to meet. The service was lovely; the food wonderful but it was so noisy, we couldn't hear one another. A music speaker was right behind us and we asked that it be turned down. We picked a 3:00 meeting time to have more quiet but it was still noisy. My husband and I ate outside a week ago and that was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencenpewDined on 7/30/2014The restaurant has a nice atmosphere, quite trendy feel. A place where you can go after work relax with a nicely crafted drink. The food is delicious the menu is limited to a few entrees but a well rounded selection. I will definitely come back to try another cocktail and small plate.Special Features:
- Fun timeSteveDined on 7/28/2014In a group and had a great time. Server was very knowledgable and friendly. Jax salad was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Good food, so-so serviceHiMaintDined on 7/26/2014The food was good, except that the oatmeal pancakes were overcooked. Service was lifeless; asked for decaf coffee with milk; got the coffee, no milk. Asked for the milk and finally got it, but without a spoon to stir the coffee. Waitress did bring a refill -- of caffeinated coffee. And so it went. The place was quite noisy and very cold. Overall, it wasn't bad, but I don't see any reason go to back.
- Perfect group brunch spotlovemywildcatsVIPDined on 7/26/2014I met a group of friends for brunch on Saturday morning. The food was great and our waitress was super nice and attentive. We sat in the enclosed patio area which was great. You felt like you were outside, but still had the comfort of an a/c. I would definitely recommend Urban Table to others who are looking for a great brunch spot to meet friends or even a good place to throw a small party (baby shower/birthday).Special Features:
- Nice lunch but could be improvedKimSKimDined on 7/23/2014This is at least the 5th visit for lunch and I've also been for dinner 3 times, so clearly I like this place~ Food is tasty, waitstaff just attentive enough to make dining pleasurable and portions are generous but my criticism is that I've experienced substantial inconsistency having ordered the same dish at the table multiple times. One time the fish and chips was fantastic - perfect! - and then next time a bit greasy and not flavorful. One time the salad was dressed perfectly and this time had way too much dressing. I'm hesitant to give it higher marks because it's just not a dependably great experience every time...Special Features:
- Never DisappointedKCDanoDined on 7/19/2014We brought two friends who were first timers to Urban Table and they were impressed by the interior decor, overall vibe, the delicious sangria (they enjoyed the white) and the food, of course. Our server, Christina, was friendly, professional and took good care of us without being obvious or intrusive. Although I am not a "regular" by any stretch of the imagination, everyone made us feel welcome and the overall experience was very comfortable. I am adding Urban Table to my "go to" list of local restaurants.Special Features:
- SuperbDaedraDined on 7/18/2014Please never remove your bruschetta from the menu! We loved all the options for it and every one of them was amazing. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service lackingktalisonVIPDined on 7/13/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the atmosphere was certainly vibrant considering we were there for a 9:15am breakfast on a Sunday, but the service was sluggish and we seemed to be an inconvenience to the waitstaff. I felt like I had asked for the world when I requested a side of ketchup. Our water carafe was never refilled and my husband received his Bloody Mary 20 minutes after it was ordered. We'll give it another go since we really enjoyed our meals and we'll hope we just caught our waiter and his support team on a bad day.Special Features:
- GreatTraceyDined on 7/7/2014One of our favorite places. Great food and service, fun place for brunch, lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Urban TableWoodyjDined on 7/5/2014Service was excellent. However I could see two of our three entrees sitting on shelf even pushed aside out of window waiting on third. Food was not hot when it finally arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fourth of JulyallllllllllllllllllllllllDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I were pleased that Urban Tables was one of very few restaurants open this Fourth of July. It is a place that we enjoy for brunch, lunch or dinner. This time we shared two out of their eight bruschetta appetizers on the menu; the smoked salmon and the brie with strawberry butter-both very tasty. I had the fish and chips for an entrée while my wife had a salad and soup combo...all very tasty. The fish and chips dish consisted of three large pieces of fish served with malt vinegar and their own tar-tar-like sauce on the side, slaw and lots of crispy fries. A good choice.
- This was a poor meal, over pricedLoversDined on 6/28/2014We made a reservation and when we arrived promptly seated. Waiter was quick and friendly. Drinks were promptly served and order taken. I ordered grouper and was very disappointed. There might have been 2oz of fish and one piece of asparagus. It was like eating an appetizer, priced like a main course. My Wife's dinner was similar, four small shrimp and little else. We both agreed that we will never go back and a little sad because it could be so much more in that location.
- LornaDooneDined on 6/26/2014We always love The Urban Table for its food, funkiness, open air during appropriate seasons and friendly service. We were recently seated near the kitchen, however, and the noise level was too high for normal conversation.Special Features:
- Excellent Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/25/2014The food was delicious & the atmosphere was relaxed. Location was perfect - It was a great place for lunch with co-workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Menu!JMHKCVIPDined on 6/17/2014This was my second visit within the first week. Great seasonal risottos! The Tuesday night 2/$20 special on seasonal plates. The bruschettas are excellent! Also take advantage of their Tuesday night wine special $20/bottle for a Pinot Noir or Chardonney. I look forward to a return visit!Special Features:
- AmazingProDineDined on 6/15/2014More casual area but very great restarount to eat at. Must try the grilled doughnuts.Special Features:
- Great PlaceYummyVIPDined on 6/15/2014We loved the Father's Day brunch we had at Urban Table. The choices were great and the server was very friendly. We would recommend this to others who are in the KC region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!KCGirlDined on 6/15/2014Great gray and white color scheme, great decor not to mention great food! I visited for the first time for Fathers Day and we loved it. We will be back!Special Features:
- average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014we ate here with 2 other couples recently. Food and service were OK but not memorable. Doubt that we will return.
- Nice fish & chipsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Lots of tasty fries with golden cod fillets. Lightly battered.Special Features:
- Brunch Outingsnydersteph3Dined on 6/8/2014A group of 8 of us got together for Brunch at Urban Table. The portions are somewhat small although aren't portions out of control everywhere else? Anyway the food was interesting and artistic. I would recommend the breakfast tacos of the day and the Bloody Mary. Both were excellent!Special Features:
- Great dinnerBldrgirlDined on 6/7/2014We recently met friends at Urban Table to celebrate our Anni-birthday (our anniversary and my birthday which fall on the same day). We always look forward to starting the meal with the bruschetta followed by a wonderful dinner; our server was both friendly and attentive. We were rewarded, as usual.Special Features:
- we will be back.fannydunkerVIPDined on 6/7/2014We brought our out of town relatives and their four year old. I was a little worried for him but wanted them to enjoy a meal not so kid centric. The kid menu was perfect and the colors and coloring occupied the four year old perfectly. The banquette seating worked well too. My salmon was not overcooked and very tasty. The Hanger steak was well received. The potato bacon soup and massive sandwich multiple meat sandwich were good too. Portions are NOT stingy. They were training a new server and it went well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prairie Village GemJennieVIPDined on 6/5/2014One of my local gems for lunch and breakfast, our waitress was very accommodating and the food recommendations were outstanding. The KC Butcher hanger steak was cooked to perfection and had great fixings! Also, the crispy brussel sprouts was delish!Special Features:
- Urban Tablejb2kcDined on 5/31/2014I have been wanting to try Urban Table since a friend recommended the restaurant more than a year ago. The food was good, portion size just right, and the service good. The server was attentive, but not overbearing. I will recommend this restaurant and return myself when in town again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2014Food was good service was ok. Way too loud for my taste.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaDined on 5/26/2014We were really disappointed with our food. My morning potatoes were nothing but burnt skins and my daughters Monte Cristo sandwich was not cooked thoroughly and that made it soggy. We will not return.
- BreakfastmyfavplacesDined on 5/24/2014breakfast menu offerings are unique, well prepared and presented. Coffee is good quality blend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.