15 North First Street
Ashland, OR 97520Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amuserestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5414889000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Wednesday-Sunday: 5:30-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Erik Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Small dining room seats up to 14 people. Patio seats up to 35 people.
- Private Party Contact: Jamie North 5414889000
A word from Amuse Restaurant
We seek the finest ingredients, utilizing organic, small-producer items. Shaded outdoor dining in summer months. Voted Best New, Oregon 2002 by Northwest Palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Amuse Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Ashland ›
Amuse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)special occasion (74)romantic (43)neighborhood gem (32)notable wine list (30)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (4)great for lunch (3)Show More
- Amuse is AMAZING!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014I don't respond to reviews but I have to share on Amuse. It's off the charts! Alice Waters would be right at home here. In particular, the salmon was unbelievable, so succulent and served with an incredible mushroom side (I'm not even sure what to call this but it had bite-size whole mushrooms - a few different kinds - drenched in a very tasty light gravy. OK I'm not a food critic so excuse my limited vocab). We were ascending the gates of St. Peter through dinner and made it to heaven after eating the delightful beignets for dessert. Coffee was outstanding too. If you like really great tasting but not too fussy food, you will love this place. It's upscale but not pretentious and the service is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we'll be backFlavorSeekerLADined on 8/28/2014We're visiting from OOT, second time here - the food is outstanding. Game hen, gnocchi and prawn salad were standouts. See you next time, Amuse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/26/2014Amuse is one of twpo FANTASTIC restaurants in Ashland! In summer, it is serving lunch with best hamburger north of SF!Special Features:
- Great dining experiencemaynmanDined on 8/26/2014This was our first time back in several years. Even better than last time (which was good, but not great) - the gnocchi with eggplant was excellent and the salmon was very fresh, albeit on the rare side of medium rare. The veggies were perfectly done, and always our favorite, the warm chocolate truffle cake. If you love chocolate, as we do, this is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningHappyDined on 8/23/2014Everything about our evening at Amuse was outstanding. Service was great and food was tremendous. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a special dining experience.Special Features:
- Wish we had found it earlierQuietVIPDined on 8/22/2014We joined a couple of friends here for our final night in Ashland. The menu selections are few, the wine list is modest, but it's all really good! My wife and I had a fresh-as-the-moment heirloom tomato salad and, for the entree, we shared the grilled albacore. As "dessert," three of us ordered cognac. It turned out there was only enough cognac in the one remaining bottle for one person so the waiter divided it into three glasses and we left happy! (We hope their purchaser orders more for our future visits.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BESTRestatsVIPDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I went for the first time in several years because we chose not to see two shows a day this trip. We both had an appetizer salad and mine was with shrimp. The freshest and best cooked shrimp I have had in many years. They were plump, moist and almost like scallops in texture. Then for main courses we both had fish. The salmon was as good and fresh as it could be while the albacore was the same and cooked rare the way it needs to be. The flavors were superb. This is a restaurant on the major city level of food service and quality along with the subtlety of flavors and presentation. For dessert we had two cheese boards and Stumptown coffee (Portland's best). It is well worth going here for dinner.Special Features:
- ZooladyDined on 8/22/2014The absolute best place to eat in Ashland!! The menu changes with the seasons and you are always delightfully surprised!! I don't know how the food combinations are put together but WOW!!!!!Special Features:
- Amused by AmusetasterDined on 8/21/2014In Ashland for an event, I always head for dinner at Amuse. The lovely food and friendly service make dining a special event. My friend said her halibut was the best she had ever tasted.Special Features:
- So delicious!Dipsea99VIPDined on 8/20/2014The culinary experience in Amuse continues to please with freshness, delicate flavors, and tasty sauces. Everything comes together here with no pretension, just pure dedication to bringing out the best of each ingredient. It's about the food. We started with the prawn salad and then moved to halibut and salmon entrees. All dishes exceptional! The corn ice cream dessert was refreshing and flavorful. Service was friendly and the descriptions of the dishes and the recommendations enhanced our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- well prepared excellent servicedianeDined on 8/20/2014the restaurant has a small menu, but all the dishes were well prepared, the 3 sauces for the bread were excellent. the albacore was done just as I requested and excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Done here on every visitPickyPescatarianVIPDined on 8/15/2014I dine at Amuse every time I visit Ashland and have for the past 13 years. The quality of food and experience has stayed outstandingly high. I might go back again tonight and select a different entree to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best by farOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/15/2014Amuse is exceptional: excellent, well-planned service, no delays, no rush, no hiccups, even when getting a pre-theatre crowd out the door in time, it never feels rushed. The food is beautifully prepared with fresh ingredients and there are many lovely touches, like an amuse bouche of bread with several types of spreads and more treats after dessert. The servers are all very pro, but welcoming, friendly, and helpful. We had sweetbreads, heirloom tomato salad, halibut, a cheese plate (very nicely done) and dessert, all delightful.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceoutforlunchDined on 8/13/2014Best meal we had in Ashland. Delicious sweetbreads. Fantastic chocolate truffle cake--one of the best desserts I've ever had. Great ambiance and terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Anniversary DinnerNewlyRetiredDined on 8/10/2014Celebrated our anniversary here and the staff treated us royally. Excellent food and wine offerings, everything was delicious, and the waiter made suggestions to add to our most pleasurable experience. This will be our "go to" place in Ashland when we want a special evening. They did not rush us, but we were still out in plenty of time to make our play.Special Features:
- DisappointingVisitorsDined on 8/9/2014Two years ago we had a fabulous meal at Amuse. We returned this year with great expectations that were not fulfilled. The game hen breast was overcooked and the halibut with radish, tomatoes, olives and tomato-watermelon water was bland except when you ate an olive which overpowered your taste buds. The halibut however, was perfectly cooked.
- lovefoodDined on 8/8/2014I did not think their food was anything special and there was hardly any food at all on the plate. I am not asking for a lot, just enough. We ordered an appetizer that we did not get served. Maybe there was some confusion about it. Or maybe the waitress didn't hear it through all the noise.Special Features:
- Great from beginning to endOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/6/2014Never fails to deliver a delicious meal with outstanding service, and considerate of theater goers time.Special Features:
- Ashland ExperienceYummy1Dined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed an amazing meal in a lovely setting. I ordered halibut which was cooked to perfection with a delicious accompaniment of radishes with cucumber plus added berries (the cranberry beans were bland). My friend ordered rib eye steak which was prepared perfectly, but was a bit fatty. We shared beignets for dessert...a must.Special Features:
- Superb food, modest portionsCalgaryNativeDined on 8/3/2014I agree with others who have reviewed this restaurant, in claiming that the portions are puny, given the price of the meal. That said, I'm glad we went - creative food, excellently prepared, waitstaff and service competent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/31/2014This was our second time at Amuse and the experience was equally as wonderful as the first. We were seated immediately, waited on in a timely fashion, served beautifully presented and incredibly delicious food, I had the salmon which was cooked to perfection and my friend had the game hen. Highly recommend Amuse. One tip, Amuse has a sister cafe called Mix at the other end of the down town about ,four blocks away. They have wonderful pastries, coffees, and killer ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but still striving....JillVIPDined on 7/25/2014Our family of four began our weekend of plays with dinner at Amuse. The service was outstanding - the food was very good indeed - hen, porterhouse pork, steak and halibut - with two appetizers - salami plate and tomato salad. The pork arrived at a temperature less than hot - the waiter bought the family a dessert of apology (appreciated). The flavors were well balanced - the entree portions were reasonable. The tomato salad was not quite what the description suggested - it had watermelon disguised as tomato and the portion was so preciously small the complex flavors were difficult to discern. We would return - and ask more questions next time.Special Features:
- Renny1Dined on 7/24/2014Their salmon was the best meal I had during a week of dining out in Ashland.
- Very amused at amuseBigEasyVisitorDined on 7/24/2014Wow. Three of the 5 items we ate were special, the halibut quality and preparation VERY special. The green salad, poorly and underdressed, and the pasta preparation needs work if it is to stay on the menu. Still we had a wonderful time, lovely local wine and aypttentive and friendly service. We met so,e wonderful people there.Special Features:
- Dinner @ AmusenvdinersDined on 7/23/2014I was disappointed to be seated (with a 5:30 PM reservation for 2) @ a table directly in the middle of the inside dining room. We observed the hostess taking multiple phone calls, meanwhile patrons waited for extended periods of time to be seated, while she solved problems with reservations or the booking of future reservations. From our "middle of the hub" vantage point we also easily overheard the wait staff receiving a "dressing down" about a previous meals activities/inattention to customer needs. This however, while a distraction, did not translate into a lack of tastiness of our meals chosen. The food was prepared to perfection and the presentation was excellent. I do hope they will deal more privately with reservations or HR issuesSpecial Features:
- DisappointingdockateVIPDined on 7/22/2014We were anticipating a fabulous meal based on previous reviews. Our dinner was good, but uneven, so overall it was less than expected. In addition, we felt rushed through the amuse and appetizers. We would recommend the Corn Soup, Chicken Mousse, Beignet dessert and Chocolate Truffle cake. The dessert was the highlight of the meal.
- Elegant & RelaxedAshlandroseVIPDined on 7/20/2014Sums up Ashland implicitly. Superb cuisine in a lovely, romantic surrounding. This is our favorite spot for special occasions because you won't find better, more creative dishes, more attentive service or a more divine experience in any other dining establishment in Ashland.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantLp1066Dined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed this restaurant very much. Had a beautiful table for two next to the window, lovely décor, and good service. Unfortunately, a couple ladies that sat near us were talking very loud, and got even louder as they drank more. We would have lingered and enjoyed more wine and probably even dessert, but we couldn't wait to get away from them. It was too bad because there's nothing the restaurant could really do about it. The room we were eating in was small, and we were kind of stuck. Was a busy night, or we would have asked to move. The food was amazing - in presentation and taste!Special Features:
- Delicious!dvCorvallisDined on 7/18/2014Our party of 4 had a wonderful pre-theatre dinner here. The food was wonderful and the service outstanding! Will definitely eat here again when we return to Ashland.Special Features:
- Quality AlwaysDipsea99VIPDined on 7/4/2014The food here continues to be at the highest levels. Gem salad was perfectly prepared and salmon was the usual fresh and subtle prepared. Pork tenderloin was a tasty dish and the fruit crisp dessert was a nice touch. This was July 4, but the food was sublime! Perfect dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/2/2014Always a pleasure to dine here. Food is beautiful, creative, perfectly executed. Service is impeccable !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!raindropDined on 6/28/2014This is my 3rd visit to this gem in Ashland. On my first visit, I just came upon it as I was exploring the little town. Each visit the food and service have been wonderful. Highly recommend trying it. If you are going to a 8pm play, make a 6-6:15 reservation. This will give you plenty of time to enjoy the experience!Special Features:
- Consistent qualityMsFoodieVIPDined on 6/25/2014We generally eat here at least once when seeing the plays in Ashland. The service is excellent. The food has always been very well prepared with a few interesting twists. The compressed cucumber with the salmon was very good; the salad was perfectly dressed; my steak came with some of the sweetest chard I've ever eaten. My only complaint was that the herb butter sauce on the steak was too salty for my taste. The wine list, though short, had some nice wines. The beignets - ah the beignets - so crispy on the outside and light and airy inside. They may have floated off the plate into our mouths.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsSherriVIPDined on 6/24/2014We always book here during our annual trip to Ashland and this years' dinner was one of the best! Water was helpful, attentive and fun to speak with. Pall four of us had a different entre and all were wonderful. Amuse continues to impress and make us appreciate a fine chef and service team who all care deeply about how you experience your meal.Special Features:
- Amuse Makes Us Very Happy!mouthwateringMaggieDined on 6/22/2014Eating at Amuse is always a big part to looking forward to visiting Ashland. It was fantastic once again this past summer. My mom said the halibut was the best fish she's ever had, and she's a 90 year old foodie, so that's some praise! Dishes always have a special touch. A Delightful dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fine dinningfoodie81Dined on 6/21/2014This was our second time at Amuse and it was excellent as always. I had the Halibut with fennel and grapes and my husband had the pork porterhouse. Everything was fantastic - including the chicken liver mousse with stone fruits (a special appetizer that evening). By far our favorite restaurant in Ashland.Special Features:
- Eating in AshlandAlaneatsDined on 6/21/2014Probably the best restaurant in Ashland with especially good salmon and halibut dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!HotMamaDined on 6/20/2014Charming atmosphere, friendly staff and delicious food! My salmon and my friend's halibut were cooked to perfection...tender and flaky yet moist. A great date or special occasion dinner spot.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurant.luv2dineDined on 6/18/2014We've eaten here frequently and have never been disappointed. Food is great. Staff is nice. Environment is pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful meal!etloverDined on 6/14/2014We had a lovely dinner at Amuse. The white shrimp and citrus salad was fresh as was the green salad. My husband's game was juicy and perfectly done. The salmon was luscious. We shared beignets for dessert. Service was excellent and meal was well paced. We will eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.