44 Baltimore Ave
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amuse-rehoboth.com/
- Phone: 3022277107x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00PM - 10:00 PM Sunday and Tuesday through Thursday, 5:00PM-11:00 PM Friday - Saturday
Happy Hour Daily: 4:00PM - 6:00 PM in the bar and patio with drink specials and Mr. Cameron's $5 & $10 menu
Late night Menu: 10:00 PM - close in the bar and patio with Mr. Cameron's $5 & $10 menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Hari Cameron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can customize your catering needs to fulfill any request you may have. We work closely with local farmers and purveyors to offer the guest the highest quality ingredients possible.
- Private Party Facilities: We can customize your private party for up to 100 people to fit all your needs. Please contact us via phone or email at email@example.com
- Cross Street: Between 1st & 2nd
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking directly in front of restaurant May - September. Free permit parking after 5 pm starting 1 block away Memorial Day to Labor Day. Free street parking middle of September until Friday before Memorial Day.
A word from a(MUSE.)
a(MUSE.) uses local, Mid Atlantic ingredients to give the guest a unique dining experience. Both classic techniques and modern culinary preparation combine to give you an experience with our food you will not find anywhere else. Please let us know when making your reservation if you would be interested in our 4, 7, or 11 course tasting menu. If interested in a tasting menu, we encourage everyone at the table partake in the tasting experience together.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
a(MUSE.) - Best Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach ›
a(MUSE.) reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (84)special occasion (51)neighborhood gem (43)great for outdoor dining (40)romantic (38)notable wine list (25)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (12)good for groups (11)late-night find (7)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Creative Unique Unusual for RBMaddogVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our second time dining at amuse, we really enjoyed their unique way of putting ingredients together, and brought our dog, who was welcomed warmly. The menu constantly changes and is seasonal. The staff has a collaborative serving style and the ambiance is casual, yet sophisticated. It is expensive, but worth the trip if you are an adventurous diner- with sweetbreads and hot peppers and other unusual ingredients, this is not the place for shy palates.Special Features:
- Patio DininglocaldinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014I have enjoyed this restaurant and chose it for my guests this past week. We ate on the patio, lovely to be there on a nice evening. I loved the scallops, seared and perfectly cooked with local vegetable garnishes. However, I order the bibb lettuce, the only true salad on the menu and it was inedible as it was so spiced with jalapenos that I could not drink enough water to overcome the taste. Others tried it and they reacted the same way. I should have paid attention to the ingredients, however, I think the wait staff should have warned me. I know this restaurant to be one of the best in Rehoboth and will go again, but never, ever order this salad. I should have sent it back, inedible by anyone at the table.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014extraordinary in every way....as good as any of the best inventive NYC restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Good Food Obnoxious DinersBonnieVIPDined on 8/23/2014Very good food and service. It's a shame that other diners spoil the evening's enjoyment with their loud, loud conversation and laughter. The dining room was not too crowded and the "two tops" could have enjoyed a reasonably quiet dinner. But that six top and especially the big mouth in the pink plaid shirt was offensive. Common courtesy in the restaurant scene is gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- (a)mazing!rhinosmuseVIPDined on 8/21/2014Never disappointed to dine here. Service is friendly, patient and knowledgeable, even if the diners arrive 5 minutes after official serving time ends! The bar is a fun place to hang out. Makes you want to come by every night! Cheese plate, terrific. All courses were absolutely delicious. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great dinner, great service!MR3005VIPDined on 8/19/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at a(Muse) the other night. The food was delicious, the waitstaff very attentive and the prices were reasonable for an upscale but still casual restaurant!Special Features:
- Brilliant foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014We visited for a special occasion and had the 7 course tasting menu - with some of the dietary restrictions (mainly vegetarian). The food was really fantastic... each course was a pleasure. The drinks too were really good - we had the cocktails as most of them have some form of infusion. The only negative for us was the noise level - but then again everyone was having a grand time so definitely a place worth visiting multiple times.Special Features:
- Everything greatJackDined on 8/13/2014Really a special meal with unusual tastes, good service, and, relatively QUIET.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at a(MUSE.)GourmetEaterDined on 8/12/2014We had dinner there 8/14 and the experience exceeded our expectations. Food was excellent. Service was outstanding. A wonderful experience. Food was a little expensive, but worth the higher prices. The Scallops, Duck and Monk Fish were great and the Cheese Appetizers were fantastic.Special Features:
- Excellent All Around!Gritty51Dined on 8/11/2014The food and service were spectacular. My wife and I did the 7 course tasting menu for our anniversary and we were very pleased...but you'd better bring your appetite, because we were teeming when we left! Thanks very much to the chef and the excellent waitstaff for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent 7 course mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary here on a Saturday night around 8:30. Sat our side the ambiance is charming and the food was excellent. We highly recommend the 7 course tasting. You will not leave hungry. The restaurant inside was busy and the noise level was high the room was filled with excitement. Outside was full as well but a bit more quite for one on one talking. Sever was knowledgable and every table surrounding us had positive reviews of everything they ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- O.K. RestaurantDanteDined on 8/9/2014This is an OK restaurant. Our service was very slow, we waited 20min before our waitress even visited our table for drinks. Our three course dinner almost took 3 hours. It was over priced foo-foo food, small portions, though presented nicely.Special Features:
- Everything was just okaycdarlDined on 8/6/2014Service was not great. I asked for a soda twice and never got it. We had to ask for our cheese tray 3 times. The waiter could not give recommendations and kept disappearing and never took the drink order for half of the table. Peach ice cream was neither peach or ice cream - more like butter. If there was sugar in it we couldn't find it. The grain salad was good but the pasta entree was bland and the beans were not cooked enough. My husband really liked his steak, and the cheese plates were really good. We also really enjoyed the duck. The coconut dessert was the best thing on the table. Will not be returning.Special Features:
- Tasting Menu ExperienceWTLovesMusclesDined on 8/4/2014We received very good service from our waiter, Chris. He explained the idea behind the tasting menu, and we decided to go for the 7 course tasting menu. For each course (and amuse bouchee), we took pictures and had either Chris or Chef Hari re-explain each course into my FB entry so that we wouldn't forget what we had. Each course was delicious, topped off with a decadent dessert. I would highly recommend a(MUSE) to anyone.Special Features:
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014My husband and I made reservations after hearing about (a)muse from friends and absolutely loved it! We did the 4 course tasting. The food is gourmet and a little different, so you you have to go in there with an open mind, but everything served was delicious! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone willing to try new, tasty foods!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmusingTdkyumDined on 8/1/2014The food was interesting and delicious with the exception of the underwhelming dessert of grilled peaches. Slightly burnt, not ripe and not flavorful. Disappointing after the high quality of the rest of the meal. The service was excellent. The only negatives of our experience there were the length(we were there for 3 hours) and the noise level. It was so loud that we couldn't even hear each other to have a conversation or hear the food descriptions from the server when she brought them. We got the 4 course tasting experience so the verbal description was our only information about what we got. All in all a great place to eat some quality/unique food. We definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceMBFairfaxDined on 7/31/2014We had a fabulous time dining at this restaurant. We started with pre-dinner cocktails. They were tasty and well done. The Maître d' saved us a table outside, which was a fabulous spot to spend 3 hours dining. We opted for the 7 course tasting menu and we were very happy we did. Each dish was outstanding and really showcased local ingredients. The food, ambiance, and service were all perfect. Our waitress mentioned they were short staffed at one point, but we would not have known had she not told us. Our experience was perfect. We cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty & FreshMsOmnivoreDined on 7/29/2014The menu changes daily, depending on what's fresh and locally available, which many restaurants are doing these days. What made this meal unique was that the ingredients melded so well and we're yet so simple. Imagine that your grandma back on the old family farm was also a trained chef. The only hint of molecular gastronomy in our meal was the "Chocolate Three Ways" dessert, which had crumbled chocolate cake, chocolate dust, half-domes of chilled ganache and ice cream. The cake part was disappointingly dry and made me wonder if they were just trying to find a way to get rid if it. Other than that, it was a lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique use of foodMareseatoatsDined on 7/28/2014aMuse uses fresh foods and prepares it in a fresh and interesting way. It is all delicious. The wait staff is extremely attentive. The chef was cognizant of my gluten issues and would have altered any meal I chose to make it GF free. The menu is brief. Maybe it would be nice to have a few more choices, but my guess is that they change their menu often so people can return and try something new. We had a good time and gained some info about the community as well.Special Features:
- Best meal everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014We had the 7 course tasting menu. This was our first time at a(Muse) and our first tasting menu. Every course was amazing, creative, and had awesome flavor combinations. Service was excellent as were the cocktails. It was a terrific experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was expecting moreBeurrebeteDined on 7/26/2014My fiancé and I went out for our ritualistic date night on the last night of our vacation, we had dined at amuse last year and had a couple small plates and truly enjoyed ourselves. This time around, however, was not up to par. We chose to do the 4 course tasting with wine pairings, probably the wrong choice. I won't get into it too much but every protein was over cooked (ie well done quail and scallops), wine service was late for half of our courses and lastly the dishes were poorly balanced (ie the chow chow with the quail overwhelmed the wine, the jalepeno relish was so piquant our palettes were shot, the amuse bouche lacked a vibrancy one would expect to start a meal , etc). Service was accommodating.Special Features:
- Tasting Menu is a HitPaulVIPDined on 7/26/2014We elected to try the chef's tasting menu on a moderately busy Friday night in July. Our waiter, Chris, provided excellent service throughout the night. He initially interviewed us to make sure we did not have any dietary restrictions or food allergies before placing our order. Our custom menu included garlic custard, poached lobster, Hudson Valley foie gras, lamb, and finally, variations on chocolate. Each course was a delight for both the eye and the palate. The only downside to eating indoors was the noise level (acoustics are awful) and the choice of music, which was more appropriate for the boardwalk. Highly recommended for the food and a much better experience with a tasting menu than we had at Volt in Frederick, MD.Special Features:
- Glad we went!RobbieMDined on 7/24/2014The wife and I are glad to come to Rehoboth because of pleases like A(muse). We frequent gastro pubs at home, and having the availability while on vacation will keep us coming back to this lovely town. Nice, not pretentious. Interesting food offerings, and excellent execution of the nosh. Don't be afraid to try menu items because they sound "weird". Parking is a p.i.t.a., so leave plenty of time to get to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great service as alwaysNicoleDined on 7/22/2014We started at the bar and David took great care of us. When we moved to a table Palma made excellent wine and dinner suggestions. One person in our group was vegan and the kitchen team easily accommodated. Finished with the bone marrow oreos because we had seen the pic online. Great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KatieDined on 7/18/2014It was a wonderful experience as always! One of the best places in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Delawareberyl1221VIPDined on 7/10/2014Yet again, a(Muse) exceeded our already high expectations. We brought a vegan, a vegetarian, and a year old to the restaurant, and chef Hari, Stephanie, and the rest of the staff outdid themselves with both food and hospitality. We are so fortunate to have them here! From the pickled vegetables, to the grain salad with runny egg, the beet soup, the pasta, and the outstanding garlic custard, it was all amazing. And the baby loved it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TuckerVIPDined on 7/6/2014First time to a(muse) and wonder why we haven't been sooner! Quality food, prepared in a unique way made for a nice meal. Duck confit was delicious and soft shell crab was cooked to perfection! Wine list was good, but not over priced and desserts ended on a sweet and playful note. Suspect this will be our new "go-to" in-town Rehoboth restaurant for dinner.Special Features:
- Always a Great MealJohnnyOVIPDined on 7/6/2014The food was spectacular as always. I Never leave this place dissappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too pricey for what you getTimandDonnaDined on 7/5/2014Food was good, service was excellent, very gourmet with great presentation. But portions were tiny. I had the duck, with the lobster app. The qty was very small, and just ok. The lobster was good but again very small portion. My wife had the diver scallops and osso bucco. Only 3 scallops for 28.00. I really think that's rediculous. All total we left with a 130.00 bill including 1 drink apiece and tip still hungry. Then went to Coldstone for ice cream.
- Disappointedlcr11VIPDined on 7/2/2014I thought that the menu was limited. The duck entree that I ordered was good but there were only two slices of duck. The chilled beet soup was frozen on the edges. Will not go back.
- Bud1VIPDined on 6/30/2014Always seems understaffed. Food is unusual- but good. Noise (acoustics) needs work. Ceiling is painted tile- not good.
- Outstanding!JamesGVIPDined on 6/29/2014One of the best meals ever in Rehoboth. Wonderful taste combinations and each dish was different. Superb sauces. Chef has very creative and unique style. Let him show you what food can be. GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie's Dream!DCFoodieGalDined on 6/27/2014The boyfriend and I had our vacation date night here, and wow -were we surprised (positively!) :) A(muse) is a fantastic place for the adventurous avant-garde. Food was amazing and creative; it took a bit longer for the entire dining experience than in a normal restaurant, but the ambiance and company were great. Food-wise, the sweetbreads were insanely delicious, the beet soup was cool and refreshing, and the entrées of soft shell crab and monkfish left both of us speechless, and the bone marrow "oreos" were ridiculously good with the cardamom milk ... Truly a Rehoboth gem- we will be back soon! :)Special Features:
- Unusual in RehobothMaddogVIPDined on 6/23/2014We chose the chef's tasting menu of 4 courses. Fantastic! Only adventurous diners should head to this place. It is NOT meat and potatoes- think offal and shellfish. Unique, especially for Rehoboth. Staff was friendly and professional. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Always fantasticStanVIPDined on 6/21/2014Creatively prepared and presented fresh dishes are always wonderful here. Brought friends who are new to Amuse and they loved it and will be back often. The bartender, David, also has created some great cocktails and in our opinion has been the best bartender in town for many years.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014The kitchen was very slow and in an empty dining room. Waiter was great and tried to compensate for slowness. Cheese plate was exvellent but the entrees, while presented well, were lacking to the palate. The chef should work to design non bland dishes.
- Too Notch!ChefMikeDined on 6/16/2014An amazing experience from a truly incredible chef and personal friend. Hari has come so far since we attended culinary school and made my first experience at a(MUSE) one to remember. For the full experience, I recommend going with the 7 course tasting. Congrats to him and his wife on their great success, I already cannot wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVDinerVIPDined on 6/16/2014Wonderfully creative cuisine. We enjoy fine dining, and aMuse is at the top of our local list. The chef-selected tasting menus are a culinary adventure. Serving staff is friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- shawwDined on 6/7/2014Food exquisite service excellent ambiance poor fine dining needs tableclothsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing DinnerFoodiemomsDined on 6/6/2014As each plate of food arrived, it was a party in your mouth, so many great flavors and unique tastings!!! AMAZING meal!!!! Favorite had to be the scallops, the cheeses, potted chicken, and the garlic custard....garlic custard?? Yes it was so good and I really need that recipe! Cheers to the chef for an outstanding meal!Special Features: