44 Baltimore Ave
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amuse-rehoboth.com/
- Phone: (302) 227-7107
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00PM - 10:00 PM Sunday and Tuesday through Thursday, 5:00PM-11:00 PM Friday - Saturday
Happy Hour Daily: 4:00PM - 6:00 PM in the bar and patio with drink specials and Mr. Cameron's $5 & $10 menu
Late night Menu: 10:00 PM - close in the bar and patio with Mr. Cameron's $5 & $10 menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Hari Cameron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can customize your catering needs to fulfill any request you may have. We work closely with local farmers and purveyors to offer the guest the highest quality ingredients possible.
- Private Party Facilities: We can customize your private party for up to 100 people to fit all your needs. Please contact us via phone or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: Between 1st & 2nd
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking directly in front of restaurant May - September. Free permit parking after 5 pm starting 1 block away Memorial Day to Labor Day. Free street parking middle of September until Friday before Memorial Day.
A word from a(MUSE.)
a(MUSE.) uses local, Mid Atlantic ingredients to give the guest a unique dining experience. Both classic techniques and modern culinary preparation combine to give you an experience with our food you will not find anywhere else. Please let us know when making your reservation if you would be interested in our 4, 7, or 11 course tasting menu. If interested in a tasting menu, we encourage everyone at the table partake in the tasting experience together.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
a(MUSE.) - Best Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach ›
a(MUSE.) reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (76)special occasion (54)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (37)great for outdoor dining (34)notable wine list (19)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (15)good for groups (12)late-night find (9)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2014This was a great discovery with excellent menu variety and sensitive to individual healthy eating needs. Food was prepared extremely well.Special Features:
- Impeccable Service, Amazing DinnerNicoleDined on 4/19/2014We dined at aMuse on Saturday the 19th and it was a great experience. The server, Palma, was very knowledgeable and explained items perfectly. The service style is more team oriented and everyone that touched our table was friendly and wonderful. The cheeses before the meal were great - Palma helped us to choose the perfect ones. There was a peach habanero jam that I wish they would jar and I could buy. Salads and apps were fresh and tasted like Spring in the best way possible. The grains and seeds is a not to be missed item. Dessert was fantastic with homemade ice cream and a display of chocolate that was out of the this world. The chef is truly talented. We will certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited MenuLewesbonnDined on 4/15/2014Service was hit and miss. Though not many people in the restaurant, we had to ask twice for plates for appetizer that was served. Duckling was wonderfully prepared and enjoyed immensely. Second diner enjoyed scallops that were blackened and quite tasty. The rest of the plate was drowned in kale (not bad) and more lentils than anyone could consume in one meal. This dinner would have been far better with something other than kale and lentils.Special Features:
- more than a dining experienceJennyDined on 4/11/2014This was my second visit to a(muse) and just as the first time it was fulfilling and exceeded expectation. Some restaurants when choosing presentation as a goal end up lacking quality. That is not the case here. Though eclectic, the service has the same heart warming touch of a country diner. You sit there amazed at how someone came to this dynamic and tasteful combinations. It's truly a must see of Rehoboth Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Meal...Great ServiceRichVIPDined on 4/6/2014For some of us, it was the first time. Unique dishes all well prepared and tasty. We are planning to go back for the four course prix fixe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food; drinks were just okRobOfChevyChaseVIPDined on 4/5/2014Potted chicken and foie gras appetizer. 5 stars Quinoa and flax seed appetizer. 5 stars. Above two appetizers together made for quite the contrast in texture and taste and is what made the dining experience 5 stars. Gnocchi entree. 4.5 stars. Service was ok. Waitress forgot one of two drink orders. One cocktail had to be sent back since it was incorrectly made. We will be back. For the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014Opted for the 4 course tasting menu and was thrilled. Great food, service and ambiance. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YumDiner23Dined on 3/28/2014The 4 course surprise dinner was excellent. A lot of fun and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food--good servicebeachretireeDined on 3/25/2014Also relaxed, fun atmosphere without being noisy. Prices are high but the dishes are uniqueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Treat!harrykDined on 3/23/2014Knowledgeable wait-staff and a creative menu make this little gem a great place to visit. We look forward to the unusual and creative flavors the chef prepares. It's a charmer!Special Features:
- Wonderful as alwaysFoodiesDined on 3/21/2014Hari's offerings are on the cutting edge. Food is absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestchickVIPDined on 3/21/2014This is the best restaurant in the state. Both in service and food they do an outstanding job.Special Features:
- Great chef!HoyteDined on 3/16/2014He even came to our table! Cutting edge cuisine! Great apps and great desert. Unique coffee prep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a(MUSE) was just what we neededSaveursaverDined on 3/14/2014We took the plunge and opted for the 7 course chefs tasting menu...which was not really a menu at all. Our experienced and thoughtful server asked about our favorite food choices, likes, dislikes, restrictions, allergies, cravings and reported it back to the kitchen and left with the Chef. We were blown away with the selection of delicious courses presented to us. We could not have come up with the flavors and textures so carefully composed and served to us. It was wonderful! It was just what we needed after a dry spell of flat dining experiences. Go there, be adventurous, wake up your taste buds, spend some $$$$ and experience some real food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrSlowVIPDined on 3/12/2014Tonight we had martinis and the 4 course tasting menu, smoked artic char with mustard seed and fennel, root vegetable salad, poached egg yolk with chocolate nibs, pan roasted grouper with squash & collard greens, fried apple & quince sorbet. The meal was fabulous and the service was excellent. Reservation was secured through open table, but was probably not necessary on a winter mid week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gem by the oceanharrykDined on 3/9/2014This was our first visit to a(Muse.) Four of us all tried different items off the firsts and entrees. We were pleased. We will return. It helped to have a Groupon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal. Everyone hadOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/8/2014Excellent meal. Everyone had something different so we could all taste. The Briscuit was amazing. I have never had it prepared that way and it was very tender with no heavy grain. Nice quiet atmosphere and very relaxing.Special Features:
- Cheese plate is a great starter.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/8/2014Cheese plate is a great starter. The beet salad was wonderful, and the scallop entree never disappoints. Always a pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:
- Always a Delightful AdventureTrollingstoneVIPDined on 3/7/2014Chef Hari Cameron's menu is always limited, never routine and always superb. Duck scrapple was a new experience and terrific, with spicey bold flavor. Scallops and Duck breast were our entrees, done to perfection and presented with farm fresh vegetables, such as squash and cabbage. Service is always low key and knowledgeable. Love the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Delawareberyl1221VIPDined on 2/22/2014Hari Cameron has the best restaurant in Delaware. Hands down. His food (duck scrapple??!!), service, and attention to detail are, to us anyway, superior to every other place. His food is playful, flavorful, but isn't frou frou or messy. There is nothing unnecessary and the care and love he puts on every plate is extraordinary. The service is wonderful--they work as a team so there is no one who cannot/will not assist you. They cater to special diets and are so gracious and pleasant. We're so lucky!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpinionatedJerkDined on 2/16/2014The menu is a bit pretentious, but the staff isn't. We ordered quite a few different pieces of charcuterie and cheeses recommended by our waiter Nick and they were all delicious. We also ordered the potted chicken. It was a signature dish served in a little mason jar with toast points. It was excellent as well. We intended to have a meal there, but ended up feeling full, so we just ordered to desserts. My wife and I got the ricotta cheesecake. The portion was too small, but it was light and flavorful. Our friends got the sorbet. Overall, we were very happy with our choice and glad we went there. We will be going back. P.S. Ask for NickSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreLuv2eatDined on 2/15/2014Was expecting something better. Food was good. For the price, was expecting something great which we didnt get. Wouldn't go back.
- A GREAT Valentine's Day eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014A GREAT Valentine's Day evening with my wife. What could be better than excellent food, a beautiful woman, and your favorite drink! Thanks A muse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Rehoboth GemCavanbradyDined on 2/11/2014What a great place for dinner. Service was excellent and server was extremely helpful while we perused the unique offerings! After the dinner we had an opportunity to talk with the chef and discovered he just returned from an all day trip in our home town, Philly. He was buying fresh produce, etc.Special Features:
- tried several appetizers -OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/22/2014tried several appetizers - all were very unusual and very yummy especially the potted chicken which was shred chicken with fois gras - however, the flat iron entrée with black onion sauce was unusual and tasty the beef was very tough and gristly....it came out mostly raw and not chewable - they took it back only to cook a bit longer - it did not help.........however, altogether it was a good foodie experienceSpecial Features:
- The parsnip soup is outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/11/2014The parsnip soup is outstanding. We've never had a bad meal at amuse.Special Features:
- We keep coming back!DrRobbVIPDined on 12/31/2013We ate their twice this week. On Sunday, we did the tasting menu, and on Tuesday, for New Year's Eve, we ordered a la carte. We have returned with every visit to Rehoboth this year. We have never been let down and now feel like part of the family. This, of course, is an added plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect New Years Eve Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2013My husband and I took our daughter here for the first time on New Years Eve. What a treat! Start to finish the experience was fabulous. Our waiter, Shelton, made excellent recommendations. We will be back!Special Features:
- New Years EvewhwwDined on 12/31/2013Decided to have a nice sit down dinner for New Year's Eve. My wife had the tasting menu with wine pairings, I ordered from the menu. The food was excellent. The prices are a bit high, but the quality is also high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like a surprise?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2013Try the tasting menu Hari Cameron prepares. I have tried both the four and six course and each is seasonal, local and packed with flavor. You can buy a wine flight to match each course, but don't try that with the six course unless you have a designated driver. The food is always inventive and good here. We go early to have a drink at the bar because David the bartender never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World class mealchefboyrb55VIPDined on 12/28/2013We tried the seven course tasting menu and were absolutely blown away. Chef Hari introduced each course personally, our server, in addition to taking very good care of us, paired our wines beautifully. We had a wonderful evening from our first cocktail straight through to coffee and after dinner drinks. We have all ready returned once- a(Muse) is our new go to restaurant when we visit Rehoboth Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2013We were fortunate enough to catch them out of season, so we had the staff's full attention. Our waiter was obviously well versed in what she was serving as she gave us detailed descriptions of what was on each plat of our Chef's 6 course tasting menu. We enjoyed not knowing in advance what each plate would bring, and we also had the wine pairings. Three hours later, we were completely full, satisfied and wow'd by the staff and chef. It was a special occasion and we asked for and received a copy of our tasting menu that was personalized and included a special "chef's gift" course (which made it seven courses). The food was creatively put together using wild local herbs and mushrooms. Great time, great food choices. We will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative FoodRuddenDined on 12/13/2013Our four course tasting was an amazing value. Not only was the food inventive and delicious but the service was outstanding. The server began by asking our table what we ate and didn't eat, if we had allergies and what things we liked. Then a meal was created for us. The chef, Hari, personally stop by the table several times to discuss the food and get our evaluation of it. If you are interested in creative food served with impeccable service in an informal setting go to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/6/2013(a) muse is an adventurous and delicious restaurant. We always find something new to delight our palate. We enjoy sitting at the bar where the service is excellent. The chef is very creative and very friendly. If you like creative and different food you should give it a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent but bad acousticsClintDined on 12/6/2013The food was awesome and the service was really good. My only complaint was that it was hard to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and staffEat2liveDined on 12/1/2013Everything is fresh, the drinks are unique and well made and the restaurant has a great ambience in the evening. A real foodie's delight. If you're lucky, as we were, the Chef may stop by your table and explain how he runs his kitchen. A truly delightful experience. Winter time is always best to get the optimum dining experience as it is not crowded(at least in my opinion) and they take their time. No rush. Staff is well trained and can explain the menu as good as the Chef. Everyone working there clearly enjoys it! Highly recommend. Nice bar, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every Meal is SpecialKMshopperDined on 11/30/2013The food here is a treat every time we go. It is thoughtful, adventurous, and delicious. The drinks are equally as divine. Great service, too. Although this may not be your top choice if you have picky children, definitely try it if they are open to new things. I LOVE that there is no "kid" menu. I order one meal from the adult menu for my two kids (age 5 and 6) to share and they always devour it. It opens their eyes to new tastes and is so much more interesting that grilled cheese or chicken nuggets. We do go in earlier (by 6:30) when we have them with us just out of consideration for other adult diners. And for a date night it is fantastic, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a relaxed comfortablesatisfiedDined on 11/24/2013It was a relaxed comfortable dinning experiance. The waitress was very friendly and well informed. I would definitely go back to try some other dishes. overall this dinning experiance was OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious tasting menu!RehobothdinerVIPDined on 11/23/2013We celebrated our anniversary with the four course tasting menu. I had the wine pairing (not on the menu) and enjoyed the surprise of each course. The chef delivered two of them himself ! We also received a cheese course on the house;) The food and service were wonderful and it made a great first visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Anniversary Dinner!ChloeBelleVIPDined on 11/16/2013My husband and I came here for our anniversary dinner upon recommendation from a friend. I got the 4 course dinner and he just got an appetizer and entrée. I had quite a few restrictions that the chef had to work with, and all were easily accommodated. Everything I had was amazing, even the veal that I normally wouldn't even consider eating! Beware, the portions for each course seemed to be regular sized, so come hungry and be prepared to be stuffed and rolled out of there afterwards! Don't be tempted by the delicious bread they offer you in the beginning! My husband also enjoyed both of his courses, although the smoke flavor on the cabbage he had was too overwhelming for him. I am looking forward to our next opportunity to visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.