44 Baltimore Ave
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amuse-rehoboth.com/
- Phone: 3022277107x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00PM - 10:00 PM Sunday and Tuesday through Thursday, 5:00PM-11:00 PM Friday - Saturday
Happy Hour Daily: 4:00PM - 6:00 PM in the bar and patio with drink specials and Mr. Cameron's $5 & $10 menu
Late night Menu: 10:00 PM - close in the bar and patio with Mr. Cameron's $5 & $10 menu
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Hari Cameron
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We can customize your catering needs to fulfill any request you may have. We work closely with local farmers and purveyors to offer the guest the highest quality ingredients possible.
- Private Party Facilities: We can customize your private party for up to 100 people to fit all your needs. Please contact us via phone or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: Between 1st & 2nd
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Metered parking directly in front of restaurant May - September. Free permit parking after 5 pm starting 1 block away Memorial Day to Labor Day. Free street parking middle of September until Friday before Memorial Day.
A word from a(MUSE.)
a(MUSE.) uses local, Mid Atlantic ingredients to give the guest a unique dining experience. Both classic techniques and modern culinary preparation combine to give you an experience with our food you will not find anywhere else. Please let us know when making your reservation if you would be interested in our 4, 7, or 11 course tasting menu. If interested in a tasting menu, we encourage everyone at the table partake in the tasting experience together.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
a(MUSE.) - Best Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach ›
a(MUSE.) reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (88)special occasion (57)neighborhood gem (48)great for outdoor dining (46)romantic (44)notable wine list (25)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (18)good for groups (14)late-night find (10)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- WONDERFULOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Absolutely fantastic experience...as always ! Creative menu - extraordinary food, terrific staff. Only complaint - we chose to do a "tasting" which is a four course meal of the chef's choice. Our waiter asked beforehand if there were any foods we did not like. We told him we were open to anything except brussel sprouts. The seared tuna (our third course) was served with brussel sprouts. Otherwise, everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For FoodieslocalVIPDined on 10/18/2014The chef has a way of combing flavors that definitely works, e.g. parsnips and cocoa. The menu is not for the non-adventurous. Specialty drinks reflect the season, great bartender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- balmiaVIPDined on 10/17/2014Excellent use of seasonal vegetables in all the dishes we tried. The only problem is that there is a long wait between courses. We've found this true on many visits.
- AMUS-ING & DELICIOUSjandaDined on 10/17/2014What a great find and experience. You say what you like and don't and 20 minutes later a whole meal is created according to your palette. Nice experience and excellent service and attentiveness by staff. A bit pricy, but worth it, especially for special occasions.Special Features:
- aMUSEPhylzyDined on 10/17/2014The food, service and ambience is consistently outstanding, innovative, and welcoming.Special Features:
- Our second time and still greatMZ66Dined on 10/11/2014We went with friends and all had a wonderful dinner. Wide and different menu selection without trying too hard.Special Features:
- Amazingly creativejpr19971Dined on 10/4/2014We did the chefs tasting and it was really really good. We knew we were going to have a great meal from the first bite: a steak tartare amuse bouche. Every single course was fantastic. Chef Hari Cameron is in a league of his own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service at a(MUSE.)KarenDined on 10/4/2014We had two waiter who served us, and both were excellent. The kitchen takes a long time preparing beautifully presented (and tasting) meals, but the wait wasn't bad because of the attentive service we received.Special Features:
- CatonCrewDined on 10/4/2014Exceptional food and wine pairing with the 4-course tasting menu. Thank you!Special Features:
- Duck!LizinPalmyraDined on 10/1/2014The duck was done perfectly! The apples, turnips and sunchokes are all good autumn vegetables and were a great complement to the duck. The steak was also done perfectly, with grits combined with squash and fennel. The wine list is not extensive, but had something for everyone. The cheese selections were awesome. Sometimes you just don't want a sweet dessert. Since it was mid-week and off-season, it was quiet and unhurried.Special Features:
- totally disappointedfoodaficienadoDined on 9/20/2014i was so looking forward to a delectable unusual dining experience at a(MUSE), but among 4 diners selecting 4 small plates and two entrees, we only had one stand out dish -- duck scrapple. It was delicious and held promise for the rest of the evening. However, the burrata was boring and the clams were nothing special. The main entree -- tuna -- arrived at the table seriously overcooked when ordered medium rare and the replacement portion was visually very unappealing and far too rare. After the second delivery of improperly cooked entree, our party had tired of trying to get a good dinner and flow going. The kitchen did send out a few free desserts to make amends, but it was altogether a disappointing evening.
- Brett and JaneBJfromDCVIPDined on 9/18/2014We had a delicious meal, the service was excellent and everyone was incredibly friendly. The tastes and combinations of ingredients a were very unusual and immensely satisfying. We will definitely go back the next time we're at the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hour findOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/18/2014David the bartender is a gem. Made our evening. Happy hour was great and the four course tasting menu was delicious and more than I could eat. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Must Try a Tastingjodyellen57Dined on 9/14/2014This place is a little gem. Tastings are offered for 4 or more dishes, so take your adventurous friends, as everyone seated is required to participate if a tasting is ordered. We were offered a prawn appetizer, cooked just right and delicately served with just the right amount of flavors. The next dish was seared scallop, then glazed bison and for dessert a homemade sorbet with fruit and cheese. All were beautifully presented with the perfect accompaniment. What sets this place apart for us? Somehow, Chef Hari has the ability to make flavors explode; I don’t know how else to explain it. The texture is always perfect, the seafood is always cooked just right and the flavors are intense and complementary. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Simply delightfulLandJQueensDined on 9/13/2014My partner and I made reservations for dinner and really enjoyed it! The hostess was friendly and seated us promptly at a table of our choice. I had pre-ordered flowers to be delivered to the table and it was very romantic. The wine list was great and they give you a healthy glass full. We shared the cheese plate for an appetizer and it was delicious, the perfect combinations on a plate of cheese, honey, jam, roasted nuts and incredible house made crackers. For our entrees I had the Tuna which was cooked to absolute perfection and my girlfriend had the scallops which were delicious and HUGE! Not a good place to bring kids, but we would definitely recommend this restaurant to other couples. Reasonably priced for the exceptional food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not BadUnclejohnDined on 9/12/2014Having been to really great restaurants before I was a little skeptical of the reviews especially since the chef was so young and inexperienced I have yet to find a place in Rehoboth that understands the idea of a cheese plate The plate should be a small tasting of between 6 or 7 cheeses Not a $5 per cheese serving After a little mix up we had the pickled vegs. And the cheese plate The vegetables were good although mostly carrots The tastiest was the one okra Then the quail app which was good But what I think was cream corn was cold I had the tuna good but bland a very nice portion though My wife had the scallop's which she said was rather salty And only three small scallops You cant do a decent review and cover it all with the limited spac
- AmbitiousVLfromWCVIPDined on 9/12/2014We ordered the 7 course tasting menu paired with wines. The wines were all great and matched the flavors of the dishes pretty well. Most of the courses were pretty good. Sometimes the accompaniments could be a little undercooked or tough, but generally the flavors were good. Some fairly amibitious food that needs some tweaks here and there. Service was very nice and the pours for the paired wine tasting were ample.
- Withouta doubt the best meal ever!FoodloverDined on 9/9/2014Food, service, fabulous and chef even brought out our dessert...amazing dining experience. Get the 4 course tasting you will be dissappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvtoeatoutluvtoeatoutDined on 9/6/2014Fit for foodies. You must go with an open mine. Every dish I got was unique so do go there if you want shrimp cocktail and steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Superb EveningRayj1335Dined on 9/2/2014On vacation in Rehoboth, DE, we had another delIcious dinned at a(muse). I wish there was another one in Philly! The food is great, service is impeccable, atmosphere is quite and soothing. The matri'd even had quarters to feed the parking meters.Special Features:
- Much ImprovedJandBDined on 8/31/2014Last two visits have been great, every dish brought raves from our party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Chef's Tasting Menu @ BeachbudfoxVIPDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I did the 7 course chef's tasting menu - it was absolutely amazing. Everything was great about this place, the staff (who were super knowledgeable - one of our servers told us about growing some of the vegetables we were eating in his grandmother's garden), the drinks, the wine, and (most importantly) the food! The chef came out and talked to us about his inspiration and his selections and was an awesome guy. We have become a bit jaded from the overwhelming number of choices for "foodies" in NYC and it was extremely refreshing to be so surprised and happy with every element of a meal on our weekend in Rehoboth. This place is definitely, without a doubt, the best restaurant at the beach and one of the best in the north east!Special Features:
- Creative Unique Unusual for RBMaddogVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our second time dining at amuse, we really enjoyed their unique way of putting ingredients together, and brought our dog, who was welcomed warmly. The menu constantly changes and is seasonal. The staff has a collaborative serving style and the ambiance is casual, yet sophisticated. It is expensive, but worth the trip if you are an adventurous diner- with sweetbreads and hot peppers and other unusual ingredients, this is not the place for shy palates.Special Features:
- Patio DininglocaldinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014I have enjoyed this restaurant and chose it for my guests this past week. We ate on the patio, lovely to be there on a nice evening. I loved the scallops, seared and perfectly cooked with local vegetable garnishes. However, I order the bibb lettuce, the only true salad on the menu and it was inedible as it was so spiced with jalapenos that I could not drink enough water to overcome the taste. Others tried it and they reacted the same way. I should have paid attention to the ingredients, however, I think the wait staff should have warned me. I know this restaurant to be one of the best in Rehoboth and will go again, but never, ever order this salad. I should have sent it back, inedible by anyone at the table.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014extraordinary in every way....as good as any of the best inventive NYC restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Good Food Obnoxious DinersBonnieVIPDined on 8/23/2014Very good food and service. It's a shame that other diners spoil the evening's enjoyment with their loud, loud conversation and laughter. The dining room was not too crowded and the "two tops" could have enjoyed a reasonably quiet dinner. But that six top and especially the big mouth in the pink plaid shirt was offensive. Common courtesy in the restaurant scene is gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- (a)mazing!rhinosmuseVIPDined on 8/21/2014Never disappointed to dine here. Service is friendly, patient and knowledgeable, even if the diners arrive 5 minutes after official serving time ends! The bar is a fun place to hang out. Makes you want to come by every night! Cheese plate, terrific. All courses were absolutely delicious. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great dinner, great service!MR3005VIPDined on 8/19/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at a(Muse) the other night. The food was delicious, the waitstaff very attentive and the prices were reasonable for an upscale but still casual restaurant!Special Features:
- Brilliant foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014We visited for a special occasion and had the 7 course tasting menu - with some of the dietary restrictions (mainly vegetarian). The food was really fantastic... each course was a pleasure. The drinks too were really good - we had the cocktails as most of them have some form of infusion. The only negative for us was the noise level - but then again everyone was having a grand time so definitely a place worth visiting multiple times.Special Features:
- Everything greatJackDined on 8/13/2014Really a special meal with unusual tastes, good service, and, relatively QUIET.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at a(MUSE.)GourmetEaterDined on 8/12/2014We had dinner there 8/14 and the experience exceeded our expectations. Food was excellent. Service was outstanding. A wonderful experience. Food was a little expensive, but worth the higher prices. The Scallops, Duck and Monk Fish were great and the Cheese Appetizers were fantastic.Special Features:
- Excellent All Around!Gritty51Dined on 8/11/2014The food and service were spectacular. My wife and I did the 7 course tasting menu for our anniversary and we were very pleased...but you'd better bring your appetite, because we were teeming when we left! Thanks very much to the chef and the excellent waitstaff for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent 7 course mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary here on a Saturday night around 8:30. Sat our side the ambiance is charming and the food was excellent. We highly recommend the 7 course tasting. You will not leave hungry. The restaurant inside was busy and the noise level was high the room was filled with excitement. Outside was full as well but a bit more quite for one on one talking. Sever was knowledgable and every table surrounding us had positive reviews of everything they ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- O.K. RestaurantDanteDined on 8/9/2014This is an OK restaurant. Our service was very slow, we waited 20min before our waitress even visited our table for drinks. Our three course dinner almost took 3 hours. It was over priced foo-foo food, small portions, though presented nicely.Special Features:
- Everything was just okaycdarlDined on 8/6/2014Service was not great. I asked for a soda twice and never got it. We had to ask for our cheese tray 3 times. The waiter could not give recommendations and kept disappearing and never took the drink order for half of the table. Peach ice cream was neither peach or ice cream - more like butter. If there was sugar in it we couldn't find it. The grain salad was good but the pasta entree was bland and the beans were not cooked enough. My husband really liked his steak, and the cheese plates were really good. We also really enjoyed the duck. The coconut dessert was the best thing on the table. Will not be returning.Special Features:
- Tasting Menu ExperienceWTLovesMusclesDined on 8/4/2014We received very good service from our waiter, Chris. He explained the idea behind the tasting menu, and we decided to go for the 7 course tasting menu. For each course (and amuse bouchee), we took pictures and had either Chris or Chef Hari re-explain each course into my FB entry so that we wouldn't forget what we had. Each course was delicious, topped off with a decadent dessert. I would highly recommend a(MUSE) to anyone.Special Features:
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014My husband and I made reservations after hearing about (a)muse from friends and absolutely loved it! We did the 4 course tasting. The food is gourmet and a little different, so you you have to go in there with an open mind, but everything served was delicious! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone willing to try new, tasty foods!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmusingTdkyumDined on 8/1/2014The food was interesting and delicious with the exception of the underwhelming dessert of grilled peaches. Slightly burnt, not ripe and not flavorful. Disappointing after the high quality of the rest of the meal. The service was excellent. The only negatives of our experience there were the length(we were there for 3 hours) and the noise level. It was so loud that we couldn't even hear each other to have a conversation or hear the food descriptions from the server when she brought them. We got the 4 course tasting experience so the verbal description was our only information about what we got. All in all a great place to eat some quality/unique food. We definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceMBFairfaxDined on 7/31/2014We had a fabulous time dining at this restaurant. We started with pre-dinner cocktails. They were tasty and well done. The Maître d' saved us a table outside, which was a fabulous spot to spend 3 hours dining. We opted for the 7 course tasting menu and we were very happy we did. Each dish was outstanding and really showcased local ingredients. The food, ambiance, and service were all perfect. Our waitress mentioned they were short staffed at one point, but we would not have known had she not told us. Our experience was perfect. We cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty & FreshMsOmnivoreDined on 7/29/2014The menu changes daily, depending on what's fresh and locally available, which many restaurants are doing these days. What made this meal unique was that the ingredients melded so well and we're yet so simple. Imagine that your grandma back on the old family farm was also a trained chef. The only hint of molecular gastronomy in our meal was the "Chocolate Three Ways" dessert, which had crumbled chocolate cake, chocolate dust, half-domes of chilled ganache and ice cream. The cake part was disappointingly dry and made me wonder if they were just trying to find a way to get rid if it. Other than that, it was a lovely meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.