Amuse - Le Meridien Hotel- Philadelphia
1421 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Amuse - Le Meridien Hotel- Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amusephiladelphia.com/
- Phone: 215-422-8222x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am-10:30am,
Lunch: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sonny Ingui
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Nouvelle Vague is a collective of talented artists, featuring a rolling cast of popular Parisian musicians. Translated literally as “New Wave” in the French language, the group’s music pays homage to the swooping elegance of Bossa Nova, melancholic melodies of the “New Wave” era and 1960’s French cinema, providing a modern twist on the classics. Our partnership with Nouvelle Vague honors our French heritage and offers guests a unique 24-hour, curated playlist of music that promotes discovery and culture. Won't you join us?
- Cross Street: On Arch, between Broad Street and 15th Street
- Public Transit: We are close to the City Hall stop for all transporation (Subway: Orange Line, Ell: Blue Line, and all major bus routes traveling through Center City).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is $18+tax ($21.60) for up to 6 hours. This is very convenient if you care to walk to City Hall or some local attractions or lounge in our chic and sophisticated bar.
A word from Amuse - Le Meridien Hotel- Philadelphia
Amuse is a chic bar & brasserie in the luxe boutique hotel, Le Meridien. Chef Sonny Ingui serves up traditional, French bistro fare including classics such as onion soup gratinée, salade niçoise, lobster bouillabaisse & extraordinary signature steak frites. The kitchen also cures all of its charcuterie meats, including violet mustard veal sausage, duck prosciutto & fruitwood-smoked bacon. The open, sexy & inviting bar offers a range of specialty cocktails carefully crafted and changing seasonally.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amuse - Le Meridien Hotel- Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
romantic (8)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (4)scenic view (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Impressed!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014We will definitely return soon. Has it been sitting there all this time and we didn't know? Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InattentiveLuckyLewDined on 8/21/2014Our server was incredibly slow. Our Onion soup slightly above room temperature, with the cheese solidified after being slightly melted. The rest of the meal was also seemingly delayed after it was cooked. The restaurant was nearly empty and the decor was more fitting in the 70s with the glass bubbles hanging from the ceiling and the LOVE mirrors on the wall. A place to avoid
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Came here for date night w/ my wife. First impression, it's small! It was a Friday at 7 and there was basically no one there, though bar had a few people. Server wasn't particularly personable if you care for such things. The drinks were strong, they didn't skimp on alcohol. I had the duet of lamb, it was cooked perfectly, could break with fork and portion was just right. My wife had the beef tenderloin, medium well, it too was cooked perfect, good flavor and portion, the side of brussel sprouts were very good as well. I like light crowds so I'd go again but overall not special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodDineinPhilly123Dined on 8/13/2014The chef is very creative and the food descriptions on the menu do not do it justice. We went with the server's recommendations and she did not disappoint. Everything was exceptional. We had the Steak Frites, Atlantic Char and Couscous and Garbanzo beans dish. All were excellent. Desserts were great as well.
- Nice atmosphere; ok foodNeed2loselbsDined on 7/30/2014I wanted this place to be great because it like the location, and it's beautiful inside, but the food is just ok. The French onion soup was bland and the club sandwich was ok. It was not a great experience. I wouldn't make a point of going back.
- Not quite what I hopedMpgurinDined on 7/21/2014I had heard good things and read good reviews of Amuse at Le Meridien in Philadelphia. Our server was terrific, but the food was a little disappointing -- my soup was over-seasoned (salty!! and too much pepper) for what was described. My friend's lobster roll was so-so. Also, you should know the restaurant is small and really is just an area to the side of the main lobby and doesn't even really feel like a separate space. The architecture is lovely but the restaurant I would categorize more in the category of "bistro" than restaurant. The good thing is it was quiet and nearly empty, so we had a nice private lunch. But there was not ambience or energy. Maybe it's more lively at dinner?
- too emptyburattahoundDined on 6/28/2014Sometimes the first impression just kills the overall experience. It was a Saturday night at 7 pm when I arrived and there was NO ONE in the restaurant. There were people in'the bar and they were noisy. Wine and cocktail list was extensive, with a good number of wines by the glass. Had the Baratta salad - what could be wrong with that. Lamb two ways was overdone, though still tasty. The creamy polenta was great. Not a sweet dessert person, but the cheese tray was a perfect end. Perhaps leaving off the pepperjack would be more enjoyable to wind down. By the time I left at 8:30 there were 3 other tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014The food was acceptable, rather simple as compared to their glamorous descritions and expensive in comparison to the overall experience. The ambience is cold and reflects the original setting.Special Features:
- Outstanding!GloriaNVIPDined on 6/15/2014Food was absolutely delicious. We loved the ambiance and the service was top notch. This is one of our favorites in Philly!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014Restaruant was convenient to where we were staying. We had a great dinner and waiter could not have treated us any better.Special Features:
- great fries, spotty serviceSharita24VIPDined on 5/23/2014restaurant at the le meridien is beautiful, but the service leaves something to be desired! With an almost empty dining room there is no reason our table should be waiting long for drinks. Food is decent, fries were amazing, but the rest is just basic american/french fare (nothing to rave about). Its good if the location is closeby, but I wouldnt go out of my way.
- Quiet business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2014I enjoyed a delicious lunch at Amuse with a business colleague. We both had soup and salad--mine a vegatarian soup of celery and squash and a Cobb salad that was speckled with bacon, shrimp, cheese and other scrumptious bites. The tiny room was sun-dappled and from our window table we had a world-class view of City Hall. The hotel eatery presents the opportunity of combining business diners with relaxed couples on sight-seeing trips to Philly. Nice space and terrific servers too!Special Features:
- Nice Mother's day brunchJoJoDined on 5/11/2014There were 7 of us that had brunch here this past Mother's Day. My 3 children under 8 were there and they have a kids menu. The food was good but the service was not too good and our second cup of coffee was cold.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotshortlegsarahDined on 5/9/2014I work around the corner from Amuse, and it is my favorite place for a special occasion or client lunch. The decor is very hip; it is reminiscent of trendy European cafes. Despite the cavernous ceilings, it is a very cheery, bright space and is usually very quiet- perfect for lunchtime conversations. The staff is extremely attentive and the quality of service is superb. The food is very decadent and properly sized, and though the bread they bring before your meal is unnecessary, I will never refuse warm, fresh baked carbohydrates. With butter, please.Special Features:
- The following 364 reviews are from the Amuse - Le Meridien Hotel- Philadelphia reviews archive.
- Lacks atmosphereCrispyVIPDined on 5/4/2014Went for lunch. Few other people there. Feels like it us part of the hotel lobby and lacks any atmosphere. Food was okay. Our waitress was inattentive slow. She even said she would bring the check before we had finished our main course. Definitely would not recommend as there are many much better places for lunch in Philadelphia.
- OutstandingfoodbagDined on 5/3/2014This was simply the best dining experience I've had in quite a while. The food was perfect, and the waitstaff was very attentative, although we didn't really need to ask for anything. Everyone was very friendly, and Executive Chef Sonny Ingui personally came to our table to greet us. Both me and my date loved everything about that night. 5 out of 5 stars, we'll definitely eat here again. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends Enjoyed Lunching at Amuse3BFFDined on 4/29/2014So happy we find Le Meridian and Amuse. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. David, our waiter, added to a leisurely get-together lunch. He was very well informed on the menu, preparations and the wine offerings. The restaurant has style, comfort, design, and view. I would recommend not only dining at Amuse and also booking lodgings at Le Meridian, which is architecturally interesting. Apparently, they have a large following of international clientele since one could hear patrons who were speaking French, German and Italian. This former, YMCA, was a hit with us.Special Features:
- DecentPhilly123Dined on 4/26/2014Good food, good vibe. Service is good. Had a window view to city hall which was great viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeBullfrogDined on 4/24/2014Food & service was outstanding as usual. Great menu and unique appetizers to choose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jmc19VIPDined on 4/23/2014Food is usual French choices but tasty. Could have more variety. Our waiter was completely clueless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to for quick lunch meetingsVPMDVIPDined on 4/9/2014Love the quick burgers and sandwiches over lunch meetings. Fries are fantastic too. Need more low fat options though.Special Features:
- FabulousKittyDined on 4/5/2014We got to the restaurant quite early for the reservation, and enjoyed a couple of cocktails while we waited. The Liberty Bell is wonderful! Great window table with a view of City Hall in the setting sun. I had the foie gras appetizer, which with the date? Fig? jam was wonderful. Hubby enjoyed the diver scallops, and especially the accompanying little carrots, which were perfectly cooked. We both ordered the steak frites - we rarely order the same entree, but since the reviews were so good, we both wanted to try it. What a wonderful dish! Frites were hot and salted perfectly, meat properly cooked, sauces delicious... I want more right now! Also, the waiter made an excellent suggestion for a Shiraz that suited the meat well. A great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small, attractive, excellent foodJoyceVIPDined on 4/4/2014Gentle ambience; distinguish food; excellent food. Great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LET DOWNGLOBABYVIPDined on 4/1/2014FOOD WAS GOOD, SERVICE NICE..AMBIENCE FAIR AND TO CHARGE $21.00 TO PARK THE CAR FOR 2 HRS IS IMPOSSSIBLE....THEY COULD HAVE GIVEN A DISCOUNT FOR DINERS.....WOULD NEVER COME BACKI IF I HAD TO PAYTHAT FOR PARKING,,,AGAIN.
- Dinner with my bossLunchDinerDined on 3/31/2014I took my boss to Amuse while we were both visiting Philadelphia. It was perfect for a good meal and conversation. Highly recommend !I would recommend this to a friend.
- How do they do it?MoogieVIPDined on 3/26/2014This elegant dining room is almost empty each time we dine there. It could be much more than it is for we have always enjoyed the creative food and what the chef whips up. Unfortunately, we only go there when they offer a coupon and when they do, it is the best buy in town. I think they need to advertise. One would never know that behind those doors at La Meridian, sits a lovely French Restaurant.Special Features:
- Second time just as goodMichaelDined on 3/23/2014This was our second visit (of what will be many). Everything was as we expected - food was great, service attentive but not overbearing. Creative menu selections.Special Features:
- Location and great foodCarolMDined on 3/22/2014What a surprise to us, how much we liked this place being located in hotel. The location is great, you sit with a view of city hall and the evening lights in the view accents the view. We found easy parking right around the corner at $11. for evening. Hotel also has valet parking if your choice. Food was awesome! I had the perfectly prepared steak and my husband got fish which he raved about. They have full bar and wine list that was full. Service was outstanding, attentive and relaxing. If you want a delicious, casual evening in Philly, do stop by Amuse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't goAnnickVIPDined on 3/19/2014This is a restaurant trying very hard to be French. Alas... the bad experience starts when you read the menu that has mistakes in French like "amusee" with has 2 "e" for nothing and an accent on the last "e" or with the main course menu called "plat du principal" instead of "plat principal". The waiter was very snobish and not attentive enough (my glass of water remained empty...). However, the hostess greeting the clients at the entrance was very nice and was frequently checking on me (she poured me some more water). The place was cozy with a nice fireplace but the food is average. The foie gras was not fresh, neither were the Brussels sprout. My duck breast came almost cold. And of course, it was not cheap. I will not return.
- Dine for ConvenienceLatefortheshowDined on 3/16/2014This restaurant was convenient for brunch (we were at the hotel and our friends at another nearby). I found the menu limited and the food wasn't anything overly special. I'd go again for convenience only.
- Lovely EveningLoriDined on 3/15/2014We ate here before the ballet. Atmosphere was pleasant, loved the large windows and high ceilings. Food was good and service was excellent.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/14/2014We went for a date night. The restaurant is intimate well cared for and the service excellent. We had rake of lamb, and I can't tell you how amazing the flavors are with every bite. The evening was a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to potential, almostBillNVIPDined on 3/13/2014The core of any restaurant being the kitchen, Amuse has what it takes to be a top Philly choice. Our only suggestion is that this grand high ceiling space (with angled views of City Hall) achieve better isolation from the lobby, It's an atmosphere that works fine for lunch, but a few strategically placed decorative screens would make this a cozier evening venue. So would tablecloths at night, but perhaps the cooler hard edge is the intent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French for a nightMKingDined on 3/13/2014Food was delicious. Atmosphere is always very cozy and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to for lunchVPMDVIPDined on 3/12/2014We love this place. The food is great....and rich. Good coffee as well. Service who a smile, although slow at times.Special Features:
- Great Food & AtmosphereAmuseDined on 3/8/2014My wife Donna and I dined there on Saturday evening. It was our second time. The bar has a great drinks menu and an adequate wine list. Great French quisine and the rack of lamb was phenomenal, I would highly recommend it Cooked to tempertaure and delicous. Fantastic evening at a great hotel. The place was hopping. NormSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchMimiof8Dined on 3/8/2014A visit from New York for the Flower Show and a luncheon celebration of my friend's birthday led me to this upscale restaurant. We were greeted at the door and treated as we were admired royalty! The restaurant sparkled as the lighting adorned simple elegance of a fireplace warmed room. The tables were not too close together, and this arrangement kept conversations of others private. This was appreciated! We had the Cobb Salad. Delicious! The waiters kept our water and coffee cups full, which made us most happy. I highly recommend this restaurant. I love Amuse!Special Features:
- Bad WaiterKarlDined on 3/7/2014We've enjoyed this restaurant so many times before -- but this time we had very poor service. The waiter was very unpleasant an absent.Special Features:
- Fine food in a "throwback" settingMadmazDined on 3/6/2014We arrived at Amuse in the Meridian earlier than our noon reservation but were seated immediately by our gracious hostess and had a good view of the bustle on Arch Street. Our server Eric was very quick and attentive. We ordered the quiche which was amazingly rich with bacon lardons perfectly matched to the gruyere cheese (quiche ala Suisse?) . My bride's chicken club was very large and on dijonnaise-spread toast and full of flavor ... we took half of it home! My steak frites were ordered "medium" and arrived medium and tender ... how often does that happen? Potatoes were not "crisp" although the prep method yielded great taste. A very good lunch; we like to think we are hard to impress but Amuse is a cut above with no pretension.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lunch away fromkathDined on 3/5/2014Delicious lunch away from the bustle of the Philadelphia Flower Show. Food was good, waitress extremely helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.