Amuse at Le Meridien - Arlington
1121 19th Street North
Arlington, VA 22209Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Amuse at Le Meridien - Arlington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lemeridienva.com/amuse/
- Phone: (703) 351-1211
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday:
Breakfast: 6:30 am - 10:30 am
Lunch: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
Dinner: 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Breakfast Buffet and Brunch: 8 am - 2 pm
Lounge: 4:30 pm - midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Healey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Separated from the main dining room is our private dining area which can accommodate up to 24 guests for both business and social functions. Choose from a variety of dining options in intimate settings. Rehearsal dinners and weddings are also available with the entirety of the dining room and terrace.
- Private Party Contact: Sandy Yi-Davis 7038945103x
A word from Amuse at Le Meridien - Arlington
Amuse sits on the 4th floor of the LeMeridien Hotel in Arlington overlooking the Potomac river with a panoramic view of Georgetown.Drawing inspiration from both French and Italian cuisine chef Paul Healey offers locally sourced seasonal dishes that are both classic and modern in the dining room or our open air terrace. Hand crafted cocktails and a contemporary wine list are paired with amuse bouche by the fireplace or main bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Amuse at Le Meridien - Arlington - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
Amuse at Le Meridien - Arlington reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (13)scenic view (11)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Not as good as it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/18/2014Amuse has been my "go to" for a nice business lunch in Rosslyn for a few years. I hadn't been there since they re-did it though, and I'm not impressed. It used to have a warm atmosphere, with attentive waiters and good food. When I walked in a couple days ago, it looked blanched, with bright white colors offering little warmth, and the tables were noticeably closer to together and the entire space was louder. I was there for an important business lunch, and regretted my decision because it was going to be hard to have a semi-private conversation. On the service front, our waiter was in a rush to take our order but then the food was slow to come and, when it did, our entree salads arrived before the soups we had ordered!! The waiter wasn't apologetic. I doubt I'll return and will look for another "go to" for business lunches.
- Always enjoy my meals thereOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/17/2014A quieter place to discuss business. Good food. Nice staffSpecial Features:
- Good Food/Good ServiceBDTJrVIPDined on 10/10/2014Amuse is a convenient and excellent lunch spot in Rossyln,VA just across the bridge from Georgetown, Washington, DC.Special Features:
- Food good, Tony greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/6/2014Prime rib was very nice. Scotch was great. But Tony - an institution, to my understanding - is awesome.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad brunch experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/5/2014Very disappointing brunch. We arrived and there was no host. We wondered into the restaurant and eventually found someone. He sat us at a table with a curtain that blocked most of the view while the restaurant was empty. Buffet was nothing more than a typical weekday hotel breakfast, certainly not worth 17.95 so we skipped it. Our waiter was not attentive. We had to wave him down for more coffee and water. The food took a long time and was cold. Items listed on the menu were missing (e.g.berry compote). Blah.
- Work LunchBrunchDealConnoisseurDined on 9/22/2014One of the few more upscale places to take guests to a work lunch in Rosslyn. Good menu, good food, and easily fit larger groups. Classy.Special Features:
- Great Lunch!BDTJrVIPDined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed the business lunch. Excellent food; good service, great environment... Thank you! Regards, Bruce ThomasSpecial Features:
- What a pleasant surpriseagradVIPDined on 8/14/2014I've been in this restaurant 2 years ago (to the day) and remember that everything went wrong: food, service (they simply forget about our order for 45 min during lunch), surroundings. Today, starting with the new restaurant name everything was perfect. The outside terrace looks great, the food was excellent for everyone in the group of 7, so. ..I found a new place for lunch in Rosslyn. Thanks.Special Features:
- The following 113 reviews are from the Amuse at Le Meridien - Arlington reviews archive.
- Great lunch spot...odd waiterjstewa23Dined on 7/21/2014This is a great spot to take business lunches. Has an amazing view and the new cosmetic updates to the dining area are awesome. It's a little pricey for a few items but it's definitely a great place to impress co-workers or business partners. The waiter was good and prompt but I think the language barrier became a little bit of an issue. He seemed a tad confused when my table of three attempted to split the bill for him. He also rearranged my silverware after I just moved the silverware. I'm left handed so I tend to move everything to the left side to make my dining experience easier. It was a tad annoying but it wouldn't turn me away from this place.Special Features:
- Nice ambience but...familyontherunDined on 7/14/2014I enjoyed my lunch at Amuse mainly due to the kind service and the atmosphere. However, I felt that the food was uninspired and lacking. I had the flatbread with roasted eggplant and squash. I didn't see much (if any!) eggplant. The flavors were just too subtle and the consistency of the squash was mushy. I wouldn't order this again. My companion had the chop chop salad and was fine with it.
- Always accommodatingBoscoramaVIPDined on 6/17/2014I love to have business breakfasts and lunches here because they have a great, varied menu at reasonable prices and are always able to accommodate my extremely healthy dietary needs. Love the bright, light new decor. Also a great outdoors happy hour place when the weather permits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Renovations are FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2014The transformation is wonderful..kudos to the designer. The service as always was great. The food was ok.
- Perfect Lunch-time SettingChicchickVIPDined on 6/2/2014I had lunch with a new friend here and it is by far the only place in Rosslyn that is pleasant, peaceful and does not require a 20-30 minute wait with elegant seating indoors and out. Overall the food was great and the service was perfect!Special Features:
- Would give it another try.JimZDined on 5/30/2014The patio lounge at Amuse was very nice, with a scenic view of Georgetown. The restaurant itself was welcoming and comfortable. The meals we chose were all delicious, especially the flatbread. The tiramisu was notable, but the chocolate molten cake was dry and left unfinished. The waiter was seemed quite awkward and less than knowledgeable about what was available on the wine list. To be fair to the restaurant, once the waiter and shift manager realized that they did not have the wine that we ordered, the wine we did receive was comped. I would go back to give another tryout.Special Features:
- mlc104VIPDined on 5/21/2014Really average at best. Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
- Sorry, not impressed!VJLLVIPDined on 5/6/2014A friend had warned me the food wasn't that good but it was after they first opened...sorry but that hasn't changed. The decor, ambiance, and views are good but the food and setrvice left quite a vbit to be desired. Definitely not a do-over for us.
- Good lounge but...TigerDined on 4/25/2014Amuse seemed to have a very active lounge, however, for a Friday night the restaurant was empty. No surprise, the food was nothing to write home about. The staff was very attentive but didn't seem to know the menu. Two dishes where altered from the menu and components not served. We were not informed of this until after the food was served. They apologized stating the Chef is not here tonight. Hmmm. My steak was over cooked and the prosciutto on the cheese and charcuterie plate was sliced so thick it was uneatable. The cheese was run of the mill boring. Go to the bar...eat elsewhere.Special Features:
- Lovely renovationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2014I use to dine frequently at Amuse and loved the facilities but even nicer with the renovation. Food is always greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveLocalDined on 12/31/2013The squash soup and minestrone were both excellent. Pasta with shrimp was very good. The menu is too limited. They only offer wine by the glass, and it is very expensive that way. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dec. 23, MondayVeronicaVIPDined on 12/23/2013I had been there many times. My friend and I was there last Monday but we did not know that the Amuse Restaurant is closed, oh darn it. We went out to another restaurant. I will going to be there AGAIN when the holiday is over.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicer restaurant, comparableBillyBriocheDined on 12/20/2013Nicer restaurant, comparable to DC, close to office towers in Rosslyn. Good wine list, good menu, very nice portions. The wait staff was attentive, without being overbearing. Great view of the Potomac and over to Geo'town. Even got to see a few Presidential helicopters flying by. Good for a business lunch or a place to start a night on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, RomanticTravelTVGuruDined on 12/19/2013This is a great date place or perfect for a formal business dinner meeting. Beautiful views, delicious food, great wine list. Nicely located in Arlington so no need to go into DC. Would be better if they validated valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a businessMarkDined on 12/9/2013Great place for a business lunch. Fast service, good food, and relatively quiet so you can have a normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed :(HollywoodVIPDined on 11/10/2013It is obviously in a lovely hotel in an area needed for "nice" restaurants. We were not aware that Sunday is ONLY a buffet "breakfast" certainly no brunch. The typical breakfast, bacon, sausage, eggs, potatoes, fruit, cereal and toast. Nothing off the menu. The price was no issue only $16 per person. Marriott across the highway has a LOVELY buffet every morning which is incredible for $18 with the option of menu.Service at Amuse was HORRIBLE. Beautiful, beautiful setting but that's about it.
- We had steak...it was theDCerDined on 11/8/2013We had steak...it was the poor quality. I've found better meat in discount case at Safeway. Do not recommend this restaurant...go for coffee or a glass of wine and views of Georgetown but don't eat here.
- Italian DelightPinehurstResidentVIPDined on 10/31/2013Very good pasta and other Italian dishes, excellent wine, and great service. Good find near Rosslyn Metro stop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 45 minutes to bring my dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/201345 minutes to bring my dinner and had a Little food dish. The waither very attentive
- Great night outKwakuDined on 10/9/2013We booked through Travelzoo and had a great time. The service was great, and the food was fantastic. Great ambiance. I recommend this restaurant highly.Special Features:
- Bad First ImpressionMoniqueDined on 10/3/2013We made a reservation in order to welcome an international guest to our office. There were 10 people in our party and we scheduled for 6:30PM. Half of our party arrived 15 minutes early and gave our name to the host (after waiting 5 minutes for someone to even acknowledge us). We specifically requested a seat on the terrace, so instead of showing us to our seat the host told us to go ahead to the terrace because the other half of our party was already there. We went to the terrace, did not see our party or an open table, so went back to the host stand to advise him. There seemed to be a language barrier, but we were finally able to communicate to him, and he lead us outside and kicked a party off the table we were meant to have.Special Features:
- Service was rushed and vergedRozrezDined on 9/10/2013Service was rushed and verged on rude. The salad came straight from a bag.
- Great Lunch at AmuseWhetstone66Dined on 8/27/2013For a restaurant attached to a hotel they do an excellent jobSpecial Features:
- Nice restaurant; lackluster serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2013Greeted by a hostess who didn't seem to care. When she seated me and I asked for a table instead because the booth bench sits very low, she looked at me like my request was the greatest imposition. (I was being seated at 11:45; the restaurants was nearly empty.) Never a smile or any welcoming appearance. The waiter was nice but only came by the table a couple times. I had to ask a different server for sweetener for my tea and I had to ask two different servers in order to get more bread. I take clients here for lunch because it's one of the nicest restaurants in Roslyn, but the service doesn't match. If Amuse wants to be a "go to" for the business lunch, they need to improve their touch and appear happier to have people there.
- Great for a business lunchGreTDined on 8/7/2013Very good service and freshly prepared food. Also grateful that the chef is very accommodating for vegan diners. Convenient location in Rosslyn as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Thursday NightVeronicaVIPDined on 8/1/2013I ate mushroom & white cheese pizza and glass of wine are goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last NightVeronicaVIPDined on 7/31/2013I ate the salad bowl and pizza. Those are good but I love their garden salad bowl, yummy! That's very important to get me healthy healthy healthy...............!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EleganceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/24/2013Amuse was truly a pleasurable dining experience. It is great for a work lunch or a romantic dinner. The ambience and views are fantastic. The food was delightful and the service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The menu & actual food differEngmomDined on 7/23/2013I first tried to order the butternut squash soup but was told they hadn't had it for a month. (Then why was it still on the menu). Then we order the "garlic poached tomatoes with mozarella on grilled bread". It came out as tasteless, hard tomato slices with small mozarella balls on top with a balsamic drizzle but instead of basil on top it had parsley. I flagged down the waiter and said this is not what's on the menu and stated he knew that but this what they we serving tonight and he might be able to get us some toasted(not grilled) bread. Oh yes and we were charged $9 for the wrong item that was tasteless. Save your time and money and walk across the street to McDonalds. It's cheaper and the food will probably be better.
- GOOD JOBVeronicaVIPDined on 7/19/2013Good foods, food drinks, and good conversation together.
- Le Meridian should be ashamed!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/4/2013Horrible service ... only 3 tables occupied and we waited forever for everything to occur - and then had to find the waiter on several occasions to help! The waiter did not have a simple grasp of their menu and/or bar offerings. The food was blase and certainly overpriced for the quality of what was provided. Le Meridan should reivent how this restaurant is operated. I will never return until that occurs. I'm nomally not a "complainer"; however, this deserves such a post.
- I have eaten at Amuse severalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/1/2013I have eaten at Amuse several times and the service has been much better in the past. Our server messed up our order, was nice about making things right though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.