Amura - Dr. Phillips
7786 W. Sand Lake Rd.
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
SushiPrice: $30 and under
Amura - Dr. Phillips
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amura.com/
- Phone: 4073700007
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Takao
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering is available, please inquire about the details. We also deliver to private or business affairs.
- Private Party Contact: Franco Espada 4073700007
- Special Events: We do have private rooms for any occasion, please call for more details.
A word from Amura - Dr. Phillips
Ranked #1 in Orlando for 15 consecutive years and now Rated One of the World"s Top Restaurants by Zagat Survey in 2009 & 2010, Amura Japanese Restaurants have earned prominent reputation thanks to its relaxing atmosphere, individualized hospitality, service and mouth-watering sushi and Asian Cuisine. Amura continues to dazzle it patrons with cutting edge offerings, never satisfied and always looking for ways to improve. As you enter Amura you can enjoy the inviting ambience, which inspires us to take a deep breath, loaded with a hearty feeling of peace and love. Then, the welcoming greeting given by the enthusiastic hostess invokes a comfortable warm sensation as a paradisiacal dreamland adventure; also, charming attendants, who are always carrying a friendly smile, delight the lucky visitors with a gracious Asian-accent description about the specialized menu variety offered at Amura Japanese Restaurant & Sushi Bar. Please Specify Main Dining or Hibachi Grill in the note section.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amura - Dr. Phillips reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (18)special occasion (15)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (10)romantic (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent Japanese restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Excellent Janapanese and tepanyaki restaurant. Great for every occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Fabulous in every way!Loveeatingout520VIPDined on 10/22/2014Food and service fantastic. Server knew his long menu very well. Good recommendations as well. Way to Ho Glenn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Sushi was sooo fresh!! Nice exciting presentations, and extremely helpful staff. More of a laid back atmosphere but just a good spot to go for some great sushi.
- Better than we thought it would beOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/23/2014While in Orlando for a convention, a waiter at our hotel recommended Amura. There are a gazillion well known named restaurants in Orlando, but we decided to do something different. It was only 6:30pm, so we didn't expect a big crowd. We were, unfortunately the only one's (other than a surprisingly full bar) in the main dining room. Even so, the food was surprisingly good. I had sushi and my wife had a filet. The hibachi room had at least one full table as we were leaving.Special Features:
- Not like Lake Mary locationJessVIPDined on 9/13/2014I went to the Sand Lake location to meet a family member expecting the same great experiences as the Lake Mary location, didn't happen. The drinks are disgusting, the service is lackluster and the food is mediocre at best. The restaurant could also use a good scrub down. Not going back there ever again.Special Features:
- Best sushi in townGlenDined on 9/5/2014The food is amazing. The staff is friendly. Just a great overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Poor service, waitress didn't know and couldn't explain menu. Food was not as good or presented as nicely as the Lake Mary location. Bathroom was filled with stored chairs and other items. Would not recommend or return to this location.
- the best sushiGlenDined on 8/30/2014Everyone we come to Orlando we have to go to amura.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERFECT !Richen89Dined on 8/26/2014We eat at Amura for an engagement dinner and I must say it was spectacular! The food, the service, EVERYTHING! we left full and happy!Special Features:
- Kittyjo26Dined on 8/23/2014The best restaurant of sushi in the entire country i have try different places but This one is the best and made me change my mind about sushi !! I love sushi And japoneses good And specially I love this restaurant. !!Thanks for have the best sushi chef And Japanese food ever !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelenteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Para todos os brasileiros que apreciam a comida japonesa.....super indico! ExcelenteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014The New York tower is a must have. They have a good menu not just sushi but that's why I go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DocOGVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food was not good. what cooked food we ordered was too sweet and all the sushi was terrible! The soy sauce is heavy thick Chinese low-grade soy sauce not true Japanese sushi soy sauce and the rice they used was not the correct short grain rice... Over cooked. I am from NY and I have had some expensive amazing sushi there. This place only came close on the expensive part. We only went there on the recommendation and description from OpenTable...they described themselves as one of the top sushi restaurants in the Orlando area for the past 15 years!? Over 4 stars!
- Nice lunch spotFabulousVIPDined on 8/8/2014Typically I go to Amura only at lunch time so this review is strictly for lunch. The service every time has been very good and quick for those who are on time clock. I am a huge sushi fan, but here I usually have the salad with grilled salmon or salad with spicy tuna. Both of the salads are very good and reasonable. My friend always has the bento box with sea bass and loves it. Usually when I have lunch there I see Asian people, which I think is a good sign that the true experts in oriental food approve of the place.Special Features:
- First Time Visit - We will be backTeriroseVIPDined on 7/31/2014This was our first time to visit Amura. I enjoyed the hibachi menu and my husband really enjoyed the sushi. We ate in the Main Dining Room to avoid watching the "show". The food was very good. The waiter was very attentive. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Glenn was our server and he was excellent! We don't eat out alot but when we do this is one of the few places we select from to eat.Special Features:
- Excellent Sushi!!DisneyvacationerDined on 7/9/2014The sushi was excellent and the presentation was excellent too. The prices are very good. The steak that we ordered was one of the best we have ever had in the Orlando area.
- The following 298 reviews are from the Amura - Dr. Phillips reviews archive.
- Always 5 stars!7SaturdaysVIPDined on 7/2/20141 of the best sushi restaurants in Orlando. I was never into sushi, up until a few yrs ago. I go for the Bubba Roll (which is huge), and the Mexican Roll. Yumm! On happy hour, they're $5-6? House wines $6, select mixed drinks $5...great selection of drinks as opposed to 3-4 drinks like most places. Sit at the bar, the bartender Mike is amazing. He's so attentive, your drinks are never empty & the food is FAST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectoutstandingVIPDined on 7/1/2014Excellent menu and food was just delicious. We brought my mother in law and she loved the sea bass entree. My husband and I both had sushi and it was just exquisite and the best sushi we have had ever.Special Features:
- Excellent SushiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014We visited Amura while on vacation in Orlando. The sushi was excellent, fresh, and bright. John, our server, did an excellent job. We followed one of his recommendations and it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as Always!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Great food / Great service! I'll keep coming back! The ambiance is fantastic and you can't beat their Rolls Royce sushi roll! <3Special Features:
- So what do you want to beMikeEVIPDined on 6/16/2014Over the past 14 years, I have frequentwed Amura more than any other restaurant in the city. Back in its hey-day, Suzuki was at the door and took great care of us. Fast forward to today - the food is still excellent and the staff very good - but the physical space suffers from an identity crisis. I wish they would either choose to be a sportsbar (punctuated with the 70 inch TV screen hanging in the main dining room or a more intimate restaurant that demands a premium. I never know what I will find when I go in.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winedoctorVIPDined on 6/15/2014We love Amura because we love the Sushi and the Cowboy Steak. It's the best bone-in Ribeye in town. Had the best Chilean Sea Bass I've ever had last Sunday.Special Features:
- Good sushiTPuckensVIPDined on 6/11/2014I've been to all of the Amura locations many times. I am usually a big fan, but this time it was not so good. The volcano roll topping was not fresh and the service was slow and lacking. I will chalk it up to an anomaly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi always excellent310LakesideVIPDined on 6/2/2014Food A+. Service C+. Decent happy hour. Food keeps me coming back.Special Features:
- Nice gathering at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014Overall it was another good dining experience for us. By some reason Sashimi does not taste as fresh as I expected. Perhaps they did not control the temperature properlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi!!KevinDined on 5/30/2014The staff is very friendly and the food is outstanding! Good vegetarian selections and fantastic Sushi makes it a great stop for my family.Special Features:
- Frequent FavoritejanieDined on 5/24/2014I am originally from central Florida. Any time we are able to make it back into town we always eat at Amura. The quality is consistent and the sushi is something we look forward to. We always order the Amura tuna tower and try new things as well. We would definitely recomend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at BestOrldinerDined on 5/24/2014Mediocre food. If you love Japanese food, look elsewhere.
- Superb LunchcasualdinerDined on 5/23/2014Excellent lunch specials - an ample portion of food for the price, plus all of my selections tasted great!Special Features:
- great placefloridagirlDined on 5/21/2014Love Amura's. Have been going for years and as someone of Japanese ancestry, other places do not use the quality nori and other ingedients that this restaurant does.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchFabulousVIPDined on 5/16/2014I had lunch on a Friday and the place was very busy. I had salmon salad which had the best dressing l have ever had at sushi restaurant. I did not order any raw fish, so l can not comment on sushi quality. I did order eel sashimi, eel was good but the eel sauce is unedable, it was like honey! I order eel at every sushi restaurant, and this sauce is just plain horrible. My server was friendly and good.Special Features:
- So many choicesjfray2014Dined on 5/11/2014The sushi was amazing! There's so many to choose from which can be a little overwhelming at first. It looks a little pricey but you get what you pay for and you won't be disappointed. And the creme brûlée is a must have!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sushi timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/10/2014i really enjoyed quality of fish. fresh and deliciouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sushi!royalprince06Dined on 5/9/2014I had the Maki Combo and a Volcano Roll for lunch! The Volcano roll and the Crunchy Roll were my favorites! The food is great and the service was top notch!Special Features:
- the best japanese restaurantSilviaDined on 5/8/2014This was the best japanese restaurant I've ever been to. Excelent food and great viriety of sushis. The service was extreamely efficient and quick. There was a kid's menu and option of chinese food also.Special Features:
- SpecialDined on 5/6/2014We had guest in town and 2 friends leaving Orlando so we celebrated. All loved the Chef and food as well as the waitress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal for 7TomieoDined on 4/9/2014This restaurant had something for all of us. Kids and Adults. The food was excellent and the service top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family birthday partyHappydinerVIPDined on 4/8/2014Great food prepared fresh in front of you. Kid friendly. We had a birthday pary there and everyone loved it,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience for the familykanort89Dined on 3/26/2014We had the hibachi style dinner experience at Amura and it was fantastic. We had the best chef who prepared our meal- he was conversational, warm, and prepared such a delicious meal! We also had a spicy tuna roll which I highly recommend. If and when we return to Orlando, I will definitely go again! Thank you to Amura staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.