10612 - 82 (Whyte) Ave
Edmonton, BC T6E 2A7Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ampersand27.com/
- Phone: (780) 757-2727
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Greg Myshynuik
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms available seating up to 70 people.
A word from Ampersand27
Flavourly Imagined, Locally Immersed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ampersand27 reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (31)good for groups (28)hot spot (22)special occasion (18)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (14)romantic (11)late-night find (8)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- New Best Restaurant in EdmontonRickDined on 11/19/2014I was with a group of 10 people. We sampled and shared a huge charcuterie plate----best in town!!! We shared 10 of the 'share" dishes. Every single one was done exquisitely, and all had different exotic flavours. Portions were large---prices were very reasonable. I would recommend this restaurant to foodies and non-foodies alike---make reservations or get there early---very quickly; very soon it will be difficult to get a seat in this excellent restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!JJessDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I had a wonderful dining experience at Ampersand 27 on Saturday night. We went with another couple and all enjoyed the ambiance/décor, service, drinks and food. My husband and I went for the Pig Ear Pad Thai which was so flavourful, we also had the Maple Butter Pork Belly (yum - fritters are to die for), Pulse and Grain Salad (gorgeous presentation with lightly poached egg, delicious) and Kale and Spinach Salad (amazing refreshing dressing, dried fruit and crunchy barley) . Our friends had the Hanger Steak and a gorgeous Charcuterie Platter. Everything was amazing! Presentations were creative and appealing, servings generous and most importantly every bite was delicious. We each started with one of the cocktails and proceeded to pass them all around the table and tried each others as they were all so unique and delicious and again beautifully presented. And then each ordered a glass of wine from the impressive list. We had to rush off to a concert but would have loved to hang out there and try another cocktail or two. The atmosphere is wonderful with just enough going on for a fun and social setting. All four of us were very impressed with the overall experience and the value of the meal. We were pleasantly surprised when we received the bill, prices are very reasonable for this gourmet, quality dining experience. People are very friendly and offer unpretentious and sincere service. The owner was making rounds and visiting with all tables. Definitely a must try if you haven't!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Share AND share!!!PatriciaDined on 11/14/2014Murrietta's has been beautifully transformed into Ampersand 27! There's so much to look at - and then there's the food menu to puruse not to mention the cocktail list, wine by the ounce, glass and of course by the bottle....great beer selections! Ahhhh but the food....there is no other restaurant that offers the choices! 'Crafted to be different' is an understatement! The lovely charcuterie boards vary in sizes depending on what you order....our board filled the table!! We sampled a couple of the flatbreads - The Coop and The Forest Floor....the names are great but the flavors even better. Loved the thin crusts! My husband had the pork chop (so juicy) and I had the Pork Belly (who doesn't love pork belly)?!? Now that we know our way around the menu we're well on our way to more tasting. Oh! And we shared 'Rocky Road' for dessert....pretty cool - yes they actually look like rocks but the flavors of the fillings tell you otherwise!!! &27 - just what Whyte Ave needed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceAlexfoodieDined on 11/14/2014Great food, great service, great experience. Special mention to the cocktails - I can't wait to come back and have another!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charcuterie and Share PlatesLovesgoodfoodDined on 11/13/2014So many interesting things to try on the menu. Had the charcuterie and everything was fantastic! The service was great and the atmosphere elegant but comfortable (not stuffy). The chef stopped by and offered some info in the menu. Really appreciated the opportunity to ask questions and hear some of his recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just a fancy name!TootyFoodieAllARootyDined on 11/13/2014Ampersand27 is a great place for a date, social function, or a night out with friends. The menu has a large variety of things for sharing and an awesome drink list to match all the fun an excitement. The service was great and the food was delicious. Definitely try the Pork Cheek which is smoked in house and presented to you under a smokey dome. Mmm Mmm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent new restaurant on WhyteMrRickVIPDined on 11/10/2014Ampersand is an excellent addition to the whyte restaurant scene. The small plates and charcuterie are great for groups (although somewhat pricey). The very small list of mains look very good and the one tried was outstanding. The pizzas were very good.Special Features:
- Ampersand 27 rocks!!Harpo69Dined on 11/8/2014Great night in the yet-to-be-offal-openedAmpera27 on Whyte!! Liked Murietta's, but this new décor and fabulously unique menu is freaking awesome!!! Wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- far from great!AchieveVIPDined on 11/7/2014we came with high expectations as we have followed nathan, we thought wildflower was solid not wow but solid! we were impressed with the decor, energy and enthusiasm of 27 but that's where i would STOP! our service was hectic all nite, too busy for staff! food slow! food cold!!!!!!!! taste very good! concept great! waitress was asked to bring a nice smooth red and she brought a diff one then the one she suggested at 5$ dollars an ounce???????? 5 ounces cost 25$ yikes for a glass in downtown edm!!!!! thats what i pay in hawaii on the ocean at the four seasons on the beach with whales and palm trees!!!!! she didn't even ask if i was ok with that price! we were really disappointed!!!!! shaif jethaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Edmonton restaurant a must try!BillEdmDined on 11/6/2014Tried out the new Ampersand27 restaurant on Whyte Ave last night. What a new and exciting restaurant for Edmonton! I tried the Albacore Tuna as well as selections from the Charcuterie menu. Simply amazing and innovative melding of flavors that combine for amazing dishes. They also put a new spin on the couple cocktails I sampled! It was a splendid evening with excellent service. I will be back........so many more amazing dishes to try!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New & NoteableCleoVIPDined on 11/6/2014Open 4 days and everything was amazing. I am wondering if portions will remain as large as time progresses!? I hope so, it was well worth the money spent. The Charcuterie was one of the best in the city! The ability to purchase wine by the ounce was a novel and brilliant idea! Nathin and his team has captured a concept that is new and refreshing and bound to do well in Edmonton. Kudos to our server, Kevin. Knowledgeable and Humorous! I'll be back, with all my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JackVIPDined on 11/6/2014We were pleased with our first experience at this restaurant. Interesting menu with lots of plates for sharing which would be fun with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food on WhyteedmontondiningDined on 11/4/2014I was recommended to try out &27 by friends. They had just come from dinner and loved it. I am glad that I booked a date there with my wife. We were impressed with the service and the selection of food. We customized a charcuterie board. The presentation was great and the items were awesome, particularly the cheese recommended by our server. We also ordered three appetizers. We loved the maple pork belly and the arctic char sashimi was divine. The cauliflower was only so-so. Kind of bland. But the lentils that it came with were great. We let the server choose our dessert and he surprised us with Rocky Road. It was tasty and most of all, texturally unique. We will return for the many more dishes on the menu that we want to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/1/2014The change in decor was nice. A nice idea to be able to creat own platters of food. Manager was accommodating and came to table to ensure our food was satisfactory.Special Features:
- White Aves Newest GemlmlpattersonVIPDined on 10/30/2014What a lovely experience. We went to the soft opening so there were a few expected hiccups in service, as much of the staff was new. They were extremely friendly and looked to make conversation with customers. The food and menu were excellent -- as was the wine list. We will be back very soon. Sure to become a Whyte hot spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Ampersand27 reviews archive.