4277 West 150th Street
Cleveland, OH 44135Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://amp150.com/
- Phone: 2162525333x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Everyday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Jarrett
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bring your party to AMP150 and enjoy dinner in our private dining room. The private dining room sits up to 30 people and is fully equipped with a 50 inch flat screen television that can show anything from your wedding video to your powerpoint presentation.
- Private Party Contact: Nathan White 2167068726x
- Special Events: Please visit www.amp150.com for a calendar of upcoming special events.
A word from AMP 150
Amp 150 is a 200-seat restaurant and bar with an open casual feel playing up-beat rock and roll and serving tasty selections all priced under $20. For chef Dean, being "free" is a given and a way of life, not a marketing tool. With a farm to table approach for over 20 years in his restaurants, chef Max has spent his life exemplifying how ingredients define the experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
AMP 150 - Best Restaurants in Cleveland West ›
AMP 150 reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (23)special occasion (18)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (13)romantic (12)vibrant bar scene (10)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- a foodie gem in an airport hotelcalicuisineloverDined on 8/23/2014Best dining in Cleveland. Farm to table food. Interesting local beers. Recommend the brussels sprouts, blistered tomatoes, short ribs, chicken confit, asian-style broccolini, roasted cauliflower. Strawberry waffle with salted caramel ice cream delicious. Restaurant is in a hotel which is strange. But this is one of those hotel restaurants that is a destination for great good. Very friendly service from passionate foodie. The restaurant was not busy on a Saturday night. This place would be packed in another, more affluent, city.Special Features:
- Try the soupdmpcpsDined on 8/21/2014This is not your average hotel restaurant. The menu is farm to table and is seasonal giving the chef an opportunity to change the menu as great food comes into season. We started our meal with the strawberry watermelon gazpacho - you MUST go get a bowl of this soup! The bouillabaisse was great as was the beef pappardale. Brussel sprouts with speck? A must have! Since it was our anniversary we were presented with a free dessert of our choosing. The milk chocolate panna cotta was perfect! Kudos to the chef for taking a hotel restaurant and making it noteworthy! We'll be back for more!Special Features:
- Just Shy of OutstandingRegularDinersDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I love this restaurant because it is close to home and has great food. This week it was just little off its excellent rating, because of the following: My entrée (short rib) was under seasoned and a bit dry, and my wife's entrée was over seasoned (pappardelle pasta). She loves salt, but this was very salty. Fortunately, I was able to dip my short rib into the sauce that was part of my wife's dish. Our server was excellent, and made the experience more enjoyable.Special Features:
- Another great dinner at AMP 150JeffBucknut1Dined on 8/18/2014My wife and I live in the neighborhood and if you have yet to discover AMP 150, you are really missing out. Yes, it's in a hotel and traditionally that is not a hot spot for great food, but this is definitely the exception to the rule. The food is fantastic and fairly priced for the quality, and if you get Stephanie as your server, you will have an amazing experience!Special Features:
- FlosDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food, but slightly bigger portions are needed.Special Features:
- nice experienceDonaldVIPDined on 8/5/2014had lunch at this restaurant and it was very good. I would suggest for lunch as it is in the lobby of a hotel. The food was very good and the service was excellent. Everyone was very nice and warm.. I would definitely go back but only for breakfast or lunch.. When going to dinner, I prefer non hotel restaurants. But that maybe it is me..
- chubbypopDined on 7/31/2014our 4th time at amp --always great food with variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a Whim...DnttltVIPDined on 7/24/2014We decided to make a last minute reservation at AMP 150 as it is one of our favorites. STILL one of our favorites. We had Lisa as our server and she was excellent. The menu always changes and never disappoints. Don't let the "Hotel" fool you, this is one of the BEST restaurants on the West Side...by far.Special Features:
- GeorgieRoseDined on 7/16/2014Once again, a wonderful experience for my friend and me! The service is always terrific - seversl of the weait staff recognize us when we come in and know ahead of time what our drink order will be and they always have our favorite ice cream for dessert!! A+ restaurant.Special Features:
- When Friends and Food Come TogethermerlynmouseDined on 7/13/2014We went to this restaurant on the recommendation of a co-worker and dragged along another couple - We are pleased and surprised - The restaurant follows the fresh to table concept and everything we ate reflected the quality of the ingredients and the care put into making the dishes imaginative - The watermelon and arugula salad was cool and refreshing, the burgers were juicy and flavorful, the pasta was done just right and the ice cream was plentiful and rich in flavor - Our server was knowledgeable about the dishes and provided some gems of information. It didn't break our wallets either and it made our Sunday evening fun and relaxing - We will returnSpecial Features:
- Beyond our expectationsDeniseGDined on 7/12/2014All four of us had the 6 course chefs choice dinner. It was excellent. Everyone at the table all but licked our plates clean. The variety and combinations of foods and sauces\spices that were served with each course were excellent. There was enough food to leave us full but not stuffed. We had a cold soup, a cold salad and a warm salad, a seafood course, a meat and dessert. Service was great alsoSpecial Features:
- Not what we were looking forDiner29Dined on 7/11/2014The description of the restaurant did not say that it was in the lobby of a chain hotel. We arrived there to find a lobby full of young people just outside the restaurant and it was very loud. Also, another person that had just finished eating was coming out of the restaurant and told us not to eat there because the food was awful. So we left and did not eat at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Gourmet, GourmetfoodreviewerVIPDined on 7/2/2014This is a neighborhood gem. Gourmet meals, small or large plates. All food from appetizers to dessert are to rave about. Casual, TV's, comfortable seats, fun bar area. This restaurant is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RaplhDined on 7/2/2014We enjoyed AMP 150. It wasn't very busy but we were there early. The food was very good, the menu a little diverse which was appreciated. Will definitely return with friends. setting was not typical but also not a negative.Special Features:
- Excellent time @ AMP150 always!JaygerbsDined on 6/15/2014The staff made sure my anniversary dinner planned there was perfect. Great seating, attentive staff, the best Delmonico steaks in town, and dessert on the house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise!luv2eatDined on 6/14/2014The restaurant was not what I expected. I was surprise that the restaurant is located right by the front entrance and the restaurant designed is so open. The lobby traffic really ruined the atmosphere of the restaurant. I believe the restaurant would be a good place to have a drink after work.
- out2niteVIPDined on 6/12/2014Not one of my better experiences here. Service was. Poor and the place was not crowded. Mussels broth was cold instead. Of hot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard to find easy to enjoyFunnightVIPDined on 6/3/2014I didn't realize this was in a hotel. But, once I found it, it was all good stuff!! The food and service were great! The portions are HUGE. Keep that in mind when ordering. You are for sure getting your moneys worth! I would come back a lot but I don't live anywhere near there so maybe on a special occasion I will make the drive again. But for those of you wondering if this is worth it...ABSOLUTELY!!Special Features:
- Wild nightYummysVIPDined on 5/20/2014They have the best wine ever one glass of 8oz will have u tipsy I love wine but never got that tipsy off of one glassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner night!nasrw95Dined on 5/15/2014We have been before, and this time proved to follow in the pattern. Great food! A wonderful staff! cool music, and a nice drink list made this dinner one that will be remembered (for the right reasons).Special Features:
- Daughter's Graduation/Mother's DayOkiaDined on 5/11/2014We had a wonderful dinner. The restaurant served unique and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- eatinoutDined on 5/11/2014The service was great as was the food. We will return.....Special Features:
- Atmosphere and food not worth itRichardDined on 5/11/2014Went there for Mother's Day buffet which cost $35.00 plus 20% tip they automatically included for the three of us. The seating area was in a big conference room, with the buffet tables along the three back walls. Typical brunch food, salads, carved meat, omlets, waffles and the dessert table. The food was just okay. For the price I expected much more. Service was spotty. They cleared our plates real fast, which was nice, however coffee refills were very slow. I don't plan to return.
- The following 514 reviews are from the AMP 150 reviews archive.
- Best on the West SideOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2014Farm to table -- So it's always fresh, imaginative and new items appear seasonally. A great place to take your friends from out of town to show how Cleveland is a great food town. A good strategy is for each person to order a couple small plates and share. Good wine list and mixed drinks also first class. There are a lot of meats and seafood on the menu, but vegetarians will find a good variety of dishes. My favorites are the beet salad and the braised Brussels sprouts. The cheese board has the best from West Side Market vendors is a good way to start while you are looking at the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WASTE OF MONEYOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014MY FIANCE AND I WENT HERE FOR EASTER BRUNCH. THEY HAD THE BRUNCH IN ONE OF THEIR BANQUET HALLS AND WE WERE NEVER TOLD IT WOULD BE IN A HALL. THE FOOD WAS VERY BLAND AND A VERY LIMITED SELECTION. THE ONLY BRIGHT SPOT WAS THE OMLETTE STATION. IF IT WASN'T FOR THAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME
- Disappointing brunchCleve2uVIPDined on 4/20/2014I have had a high regard for Amp 150 since Ellis Cooley came and raised the bar. Now, several years later and after a few turnovers in the kitchen, it seems we're back to hotel food service. The Easter Brunch was held in the banquet room rather than the restaurant, which was a huge disappointment since the restaurant is a very chic setting and the banquet room is non-descript. The tables were the usual folding tables with metal legs and a tablecloth thrown over to "make it nice". Service was spotty. Food was buffet, which we knew going in. The ambiance was so inferior, it made it hard to appreciate the food. This was not a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunchJeffBucknut1Dined on 4/20/2014We live in the neighborhood and have always enjoyed every visit to AMP 150, and this was no exception for the most-part. The food was very good as always, but we were taken aback a little when we were seated for brunch in one of the banquet rooms instead of the main dining room. It's understandable that on Easter you would need to utilize extra space but it appeared as if the dining room wasn't being used at all, and it is a great room! Instead we were in an atmosphere that was more like a wedding reception than brunch at a fine restaurant, which AMP 150 certainly is.Special Features:
- Excellent mealMaxamillenDined on 4/18/2014Our food was delicious and the choices were varied and all sounded good. I liked being able to get a smaller glass of wine and small plate so I had room for the chocolate flan. Don't miss that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's menu adventureBookclubDinersDined on 4/17/2014We ordered the chef's menu and WOW! Not only delicious, but the presentation and pace were off the charts outstanding. The chef came out to talk as we finished dessert - great guy, personable and passionate about his menu. We had a great time and look forward to another visit very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemPattyMDined on 4/12/2014Our party of 4 all left happy - we shared a cheese board and an order of potato chips for starters. My Manhattan was large and delicious. The wine and beer drinkers were pleased with the options and their choices. The cheese board might have been better for 2 people than 4, but we all got a bite or more of each unique cheese. 2 of us ordered from the small bites section (and added a salad) and 2 ordered a large bite pasta dish. The gator in the gumbo was very tender and mild - best I've ever had. The mussels and coconut broth were delicious. We appreciate the small bite options. Our server was very knowledgeable, and had thorough answers to all our questions. She was available when needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure. We usuallyGeorgieRoseDined on 4/11/2014Always a pleasure. We usually have the same waitress who now knows our favorite dessert and offers it as soon as dinner is over!Special Features:
- Nice dinner---Great beer selectionsKarmavoltDined on 3/29/2014We decided to dine in the hotel vs. face the snow outside. This restaurant had very good customer service. The menu is small but fresh as they use farm to table. The waitress says that the menu changes every few weeks. The food was tasty and we enjoyed everything we had. My husband loved the beer list and tried a couple of them. After dinner we moved to the bar area so he could continue his beer journey. The bartenders were EXCELLENT, recommending beers based on what he liked and didn't like. Service again was fantastic. You may not consider eating at a hotel, if you are not staying there, but his one may be worth it!Special Features:
- Good if you are in the areaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/26/2014We had an enjoyable mid-week dinner with our 2 children, ages 8 and 10. My salad was excellent, our entrees were good. I chose two small plates, the tuna was disappointing but the scallops were very good. However the puree that came with the scallops was barely warm. The kids meals (7.95) were both very good but the portions were quite large. Nice choice if you are in the area or staying at the hotel, not sure if I cross town just to try it. Oh and the panna cotta with hazelnut was tasty.Special Features:
- Interesting menuecotravelerVIPDined on 3/15/2014We enjoy restaurants that don't feel the need to provide huge portions. Amp 150 has a wide selection it describes as "small bites" in addition to the usual appetizer, salad and big bite sections. The two of us shared a salad and each had one small bite, ahi tuna for me, gumbo with alligator for her. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we went but never again...MegsDined on 3/14/2014We went to Amp 150 with a couple who had been there for the chef's tasting menu before. They raved about it so we got the six courses for $50/person. This turned out to be way overpriced. The mushroom bisque was just okay, my husband enjoyed the mussels (2 bowls since I hate mussels), the salad was also just okay, the flounder was good and the chicken with sweet potato risotto was tasty. The other couple even said it wasn't as good as their first time there. We won't be back but I'm glad we had the experience.Special Features:
- Going into dinner I was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/13/2014Going into dinner I was really excited, because AMP 150 is a Cleveland Independents Restaurant, and of it's farm to fork selection. However, service was kind but still a little slow, food was way too salty and not hot at all. Coffee was cold, and stale. Decent craft beer selection, but way overpriced. I'm sorry to say I won't be going back.Special Features:
- AMP 150 consistently very goodtootsieDined on 3/10/2014I go to AMP 150 several times a year and am always intrigued by the menu offerings and atmosphere; it is not your typical hotel restaurant. I would not hesitate to recommend AMP 150 to friends, work colleagues, and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have a terrifically preparedSteveVIPDined on 3/8/2014I have a terrifically prepared walu fish dish. However when initially served dish was cool and was sent back to be reheated. After that however it was terrific. Overall this restaurant is far above the typical hotel restaurant and I would recommend utilizing his hotel for one of the reasons being the terrific menu and food preparation in 150 AMP.Special Features:
- not a '$$' restaurant!justine98Dined on 2/24/2014We were very disappointed with Amp 150. Our drinks ( JW scotch) on the rocks were watered down and tasteless. Although the restaurant was less than half full our entrees were almost cold and were not seasoned with any consistency. The appetizers were okay but not really enough to share, especially the chicken liver pate. Our entire meal consisted of a drink each, 2 appetizers and 2 entrees. Bread was not included with our entrees (a pretty common practice at the better restaurants) We spent $100, including the tip. This was not a fine dining experience. I realize that the restaurant is in a hotel, but it just needs a little more class. We've eaten at finer restaurants for less money and much more ambience.Special Features:
- Exceptional ServiceNaeNae74VIPDined on 2/23/2014My experience at Amp150 was beyond expectation. The service was phenomenal and the food devine. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys being treated to a heavenly food extravaganza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.