1601 West Lake Street
Minneapolis, MN 55408Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amorevictoria.com/
- Phone: 6128230250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday & Sunday: 4:00pm -11:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am (Bar is open until 1:00am); Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alex Victoria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Casual and Formal Events. Call 612-823-0250 for details.
- Special Events: Two rooms available for Private Dining. Our Wine Cellar which seats up to 60pp, and our Boutique, which seats up to 50pp. Please contact us for details or visit the Open Table Private Dining Page.
A word from Amore Victoria
Amore Victoria is a locally owned neighborhood restaurant hand-crafted by the owners themselves. Jenna & Alex Victoria have created a unique, timeless, old world space built and designed with their own hands. Serving scratch Italian classics which run the gamut from homemade Gnocchi, Frutti di Mare, and Chicken Marsala, to more contemporary fusions, like Mushroom Passion, and Pear Risotto, you are bound to find something on the menu to suit your taste. Our signature Lasagna and Tiramisu have been labeled "excellent" and "near perfect" by critics from both Mpls St Paul Magazine and the Star Tribune. ~A Word About the Menu ~ We believe in food with integrity. Our produce is hand-selected by the owners themselves, many times organic and/or local to the region. Our chicken & veal arrive fresh and all our meats natural and hormone free. Seafood wild, never farm-raised. Our full menu offers progressive variations on classic Italian dishes, and a chef’s page that evolves with the seasonsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Amore Victoria - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Amore Victoria reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)romantic (30)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (29)great for outdoor dining (26)good for groups (17)notable wine list (14)late-night find (11)hot spot (9)great for lunch (8)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Never againEasyDinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014Returned to Amore Victoria because we really enjoyed a previous visit. Service was terrible (wait staff could not agree whose section we were seated in); 1 of 3 drinks didn't show up; we had to ask for an ice-bucket for the wine. Bread basket showed up after appetizers were done. Food was very low grade. Risotto took my wife back to college meals of Rice-a-Roni; my son was convinced his pizza was DiGiorno; Veal Pot Roast special seemed to be all fat & gristle. All plates were left on the table with 50%+ untouched. We hurriedly declined the offer to box anything. Should have stayed home and saved $110 by cooking the same "back to college" meal for $20 in Cub Foods packaged foods. Never again.
- excellent foodahoriticaDined on 10/7/2014love the food and atmosphere. service is a bit slow.Special Features:
- Reservations don't matterNODinerDined on 10/4/2014We arrived at 7:00 for our 7:00 reservations. We were told that they regularly overbook because they expect that not everyone with reservations will actually show up. They said they should be able to seat us in about 15 minutes. It took 40 minutes before we actually got our table. While we were waiting we heard them give the same story to several other groups.
- Poor serviceannikajoyh64Dined on 9/27/2014I came with a group of 6 high school seniors before our last homecoming dance and we got just about the worst service in the world. He rolled his eyes numerous times, acted very condescending towards us and never once cared enough to check up on how we were doing. We saw him few times.Special Features:
- 5 year anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014My wife and I had a remarkable and memorable meal here on our 5th year wedding anniversary! The sangria has no equal in the Twin Cities, unless it is someone's private concoction. Mussels were smaller than anticipated yet well seasoned and joyously prepared; possessing firm but yielding texture (aka - NOT rubbery). The scallops were what I would expect from fine dining locally, abroad, or from my Italian grandmother's kitchen. Our server (Nicole? Nikki?) had impeccable timing - it was as if she knew exactly how to anticipate whatever we wanted and provided it when we needed it. She took such pride in her work that she enabled us to have an even greater dining experience with her candor and professionalism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014Two of four entrees arrived cold and when they were replaced they were still cold. That was the unacceptable part of the experience.
- special occasionmarybDined on 9/24/2014Great food, great service and reasonably priced! Definitely worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just found it!SusieFoodieDined on 9/20/2014What made the evening: the food (skirt steak dish was wonderful!); wine (never had a Tempranillo that was so good and our server Wren (she was attentive, reviewed the entrees very thoroughly, and stopped to check on us just often enough).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DateForTwoOutOnTown13Dined on 9/13/2014"Great food" every course came in timely manner. All the dish were splendid. I would go back again with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio - Dog Friendly!DustpuppyDined on 9/7/2014Had dinner upstairs on the patio, and brought along the dog - they were very friendly! Gave the pooch his own water bowl, and most of the staff wanted to stop by and say hi to him. For being on Lake St. the traffic noise was quite limited, and patio was large, but cozy and intimate at the same time. The food was quite good, and I was pleasantly surprised by the wine selection. All in all a very good experience.Special Features:
- A lovely evening mealplatinumbeardDined on 9/3/2014Great starter, the salads were lovely and light, the main course a bit heavy - the pasta had a little too much butter & cream, and the reasonable bottle of house read was quite nice. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disorganized, carelessIronLadysbiggestfanDined on 9/1/2014Employees ignored us for almost ten minutes when we arrived for our reservation. Someone finally came to answer the phone ringing off the hook and didn't even greet or acknowledge us. Menu different than one online, no real explanation given. Server disappeared for ten minutes or more at a time. Riesling tasted like bad Pinot Grigio. Lasagna was very good but not nearly good enough to warrant a return trip. Thanks for crapping all over our anniversary.
- UptowndinerDined on 8/31/2014Very good food. Too big portions! Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!AlydarDined on 8/31/2014We felt like we had been invited to a friend's house for dinner, it was truely spectacular. The service and food were amazing! I brought my mother in law there for her birthday and she keeps asking when I'll take her back their for lunch. We plan to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tribunimpressedDined on 8/26/2014We have been there twice lately. Our waiter provided better service than our waitress did. Both of them served warm bread, flavorful salads, and richly flavored pasta dishes. We will be back. Great rooftop space.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood SpotRayaDined on 8/24/2014I love Amore Victoria. I have been there several times and their food is really good. Last year they opened the rooftop and I absolutely recommend it before it gets cold.Special Features:
- Very good Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/17/2014First time in Twin Cities so wasn't sure where to go. This was a good find in the up and coming Uptown neighborhood. Good menu with lots of choices, good wine list and the food was very good with good portions. Would revisit next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing foodCLR13Dined on 8/16/2014The food was amazing! They make their own pasta and it was delicious. The whole experience was great. Our server was energetic and made some great recommendations. Overall, I highlyrics recommend it. Next time I would love to try eating on the rooftop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service can be improved.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014We made a reservation in advance - they seemed to be short staffed. We had to flag down our waiter for almost everything - including placing our orders. He was nice, but when we have to constantly waive down the staff it takes away from the dining experience Food was good. May go back again. Not a wonderful impression based on promptness of service.
- It was very goodlovefoodDined on 8/9/2014I had my birthday dinner here. It was recommended by a friend. It was very, very good. We had calamari and mussels as appetizers. Some of the items my friends ordered were steak, chicken alfredo, garden salad and veal. All the dishes were well presented. Everything was delicious, but the only complaint is that the appetizers and main course came out all at once. Too much food at once, that we barely finished our appetizers by the time we were done with our main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fresh ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014The food is good here and prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Great food and excellent service. Cute Italian motifSpecial Features:
- Special occasion dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014We haven't eaten here in years, but it was a great re-introduction. Service was great and the food - all of it - perfectly prepared and delicious. This was in celebration of a birthday, and four of us enjoyed cocktails, wine, salads and four different entrees. We highly recommend it and plan on coming back soon.Special Features:
- Anniversary made specialMartiniDined on 7/21/2014In my reservation I noted that it was our anniversary and that we had our first date at Amore Victoria and they sat us in a private spot with curtains. It was very romantic and we were treated like the restaurant was open to only us.Special Features:
- Food very good - service needs workFAJ1VIPDined on 7/18/2014Loved the rooftop and the food was very good, but would not go back based on the poor service. Busy Friday night & we had to wait 10 minfor a rooftop table so got drinks at the bar. Once seated we waited 15 minutes and no server. Finally asked the hostess to find him & took another 10-15 minutes to get water and bread and had to flag him down for more drinks. Biggest issue was that entrees took nearly an hour & when they did 1 was the wrong dish. Waiter gave excuses about backups in the kitchen - I really don't want excuses, just apologize and make it right - and perhaps comp us some drinks for the trouble - but no. Two tables next to us left early because they had been waiting over an hour for their food as well.Special Features:
- Wonderful as always.KBRWDined on 7/13/2014Love their food and love the rooftop dining! (Though the inside is nice too, just a bit noisier in the evening).Special Features:
- 1 on 1 Perfect StartDesignMan47Dined on 7/8/20141st face to face meeting. Location,ambiance, charm, good food and wine became the perfect choice for a new beginning. Chose inside seating and quiet corner for conversation. Service attentive, recognizing intimacy. Both enjoyed salmon entre with an excellent red wine. Will recommend. The new 'we' will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roof top diningFoodieDined on 7/2/2014Was my first time dining here. And it was a 2nd date. Wanted a romantic dining experience. While it was the furthest thing from romantic it was still a good experience. The roof top dining is incredible. My date and I both love eating al fresco but really don't like eating on a sidewalk with cars and people going by. So this gave us a great table and view of the lake Calhoun...sun was setting and was a beautiful evening. Food was delicious. A bit pricey but to be expected for uptown. Service is what you come to expect here in the twin cities. Unsure of why that is since they make a living from tips. However I would eat there again...for the food and roof top deck. Not for the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2014Food and service were fabulous. Rooftop dining is a must on a summer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome AmbianceRockOnDined on 6/28/2014I just love the small town ambiance of this place. The food was great.Special Features:
- Service a go-go (gone)NickyDined on 6/28/2014Service was S-L-O-W!! We had to ask several people other than our waiter for refills on water, bread, additional bread, pepper, etc. Frustrating. Food was okay--about average for an Italian restaurant.
- The following 1313 reviews are from the Amore Victoria reviews archive.
- Anniversary mealEnglandersDined on 6/19/2014Great experience from start to finish. Warm welcome from all staff, felt they wanted to serve us as well as they possibly could. Food was outstanding, served in a lively atmosphere. Would recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- JohnnyDined on 6/17/2014Great charm, character and ambiance. A wonderful Italian option with a fun rooftop for drinks in uptown. Great for a date or dinner with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Our first visit to Amore Victoria was because we "won" a gift certificate at a silent auction. We saved the card to use on a special occasion for us. We stood at the door at least five minutes before any wait or bar staff recognized our presence. When we were finally seated, the waitress did not offer water or aske for a drink order. We were told she would " be right back". After another 15 minutes she came to take our drink and order. We had to ask for an appetizer....That being said, the food was excellent from the olive oil on. But the staff was not good-nor did they look good either-kind of sloppy...Special Features:
- Everything was greattanyaleeDined on 6/15/2014Everything was great. Service was very good. Food was unbelievable. We were just disappointed that the roof top was closed. I brought a party of 6 and it was all of our first time there. We had to decide between Stella rooftop and Amore. Since I had seen people on the roof at Amore and never been I really wanted the new experience. But I understand that there probably were not enough servers or something to prevent the rooftop opening before 3 this past fathers day. I will be back to experience to rooftop someday...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bankerBankerVIPDined on 6/14/2014good food nice evening 1st time there and would definately go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experience1happydinerDined on 6/14/2014Due to a busy evening of events, my family required an early evening reservation. We were looking for an Italian menu, and secondary to a good rating we booked. We were very pleased with our service and the food was excellent. I thought the atmosphere was very relaxing, and the prices were reasonable for very appetizing food. We will return.Special Features:
- Delicious food poor timingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2014We had a Living Social coupon which entitled us to a 3 course meal with wine. The food was excellent and beautifully presented, however, we were served our salads prior to our appetizer. When the appetizer was served (while we were enjoying our salads) there was no place on the table for the dishes. Our entrees were served while we were trying to finish our salads and appetizer. The timing was completely off and as a result we felt very rushed! I would give this restaurant a second try, but would not return if There was a repeat experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinnerbthomps4Dined on 6/9/2014We returned to Amore Victoria with a Living Social Coupon. So did 6-7 other couples. Nice ambiance. tables are a little close together. The Sausage and Peppers were good, however only 1 sausage, last time we visited we got two. The Chicken Fettuccini alfredo was good however it was little blandSpecial Features:
- RushedATCMODined on 6/6/2014First the table we were seated at had a very loose top that would start rotating with the slightest touch and the bread plates were dirty. Our sever was kind enough to let us move to another table and he replaced the plates and silverware. While the food was excellent we felt rushed through our date night dinner. Our appetizer arrived before our drinks and our main course very quickly after. It would have been nice if the server had not placed the entire order at the same time leaving some time between courses. This restaurant, like so many others, has different staff bring food to the table leaving me to wonder what the job of a server is considering they don't actually serve you anything anymore (a policy that escapes my understanding).