1601 West Lake Street
Minneapolis, MN 55408Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amorevictoria.com/
- Phone: (612) 823-0250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday & Sunday: 4:00pm -11:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am (Bar is open until 1:00am); Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alex Victoria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Casual and Formal Events. Call 612-823-0250 for details.
- Special Events: Two rooms available for Private Dining. Our Wine Cellar which seats up to 60pp, and our Boutique, which seats up to 50pp. Please contact us for details or visit the Open Table Private Dining Page.
A word from Amore Victoria
Amore Victoria is a locally owned neighborhood restaurant hand-crafted by the owners themselves. Jenna & Alex Victoria have created a unique, timeless, old world space built and designed with their own hands. Serving scratch Italian classics which run the gamut from homemade Gnocchi, Frutti di Mare, and Chicken Marsala, to more contemporary fusions, like Mushroom Passion, and Pear Risotto, you are bound to find something on the menu to suit your taste. Our signature Lasagna and Tiramisu have been labeled "excellent" and "near perfect" by critics from both Mpls St Paul Magazine and the Star Tribune. ~A Word About the Menu ~ We believe in food with integrity. Our produce is hand-selected by the owners themselves, many times organic and/or local to the region. Our chicken & veal arrive fresh and all our meats natural and hormone free. Seafood wild, never farm-raised. Our full menu offers progressive variations on classic Italian dishes, and a chef’s page that evolves with the seasonsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Amore Victoria - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Amore Victoria reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (73)special occasion (51)fit for foodies (50)romantic (48)great for outdoor dining (35)good for groups (29)notable wine list (23)hot spot (16)late-night find (13)great for lunch (10)scenic view (10)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (4)Show More
- Amore VictoriaLuckyyDined on 11/21/2014Great food and service. We did not like the seating downstairs. It was cold and seating was cramped with other guests. More booth seating would be preferable. I made reservations for a booth and did not get one. They only have 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2014Chicken pasta dish was very tasty but dry. When I mentioned this to our server she told me to put olive oil on it and she would check back. Didn't happen.
- Good food, rude hostDivaDinerVIPDined on 11/19/2014The "host" has mastered the art of ignoring guests. We stood at the host stand and watched him pass by several times -- each time looking away so he wouldn't make eye contact. When he finally came over he didn't acknowledge that we had been standing there. As we left that night he was standing again at the host desk practicing the art of ignore as we left the restaurant - no smile, thank you for coming, enjoy you evening. Our waitress was very helpful and the food good but the first and last impressions of rudeness made it unlikely we'll soon return.
- We were very impressed and will be back!gillyorDined on 11/15/2014It was great that they accepted reservations. Our table was ready and the service very attentive. Fun atmosphere. Nice and cozy. The food was excellent! We had 4 in our party and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the experience at Amore Victoria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerIndeedIamDined on 11/15/2014This was a great spot. Artichoke dip for apps. Rosa di pesto is a hot menu item for a good reason. The ribeye was delicious as well. Great service by Danny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!KrisDined on 11/14/2014The food was great and so was the service. The only thing slightly negative is that it is a little loud and tables are too close together. This will not stop us from going back however. Food and service outweigh the negative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014We had a delightful experience using our Living Social coupon. The staff members were friendly, attentive and helpful. The food was ample and absolutely delicious. Parking is available in back. The restaurant is old and darling and comfy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie53Foodie53Dined on 11/8/2014Nice restaurant. All ages accepted. Menu choices very deep. Noise level very high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liked this place but were rushedSneezersDined on 11/7/2014Our first time dining here and really liked the food and menu. Other than being rushed through dinner (salads were brought while we were still eating appetizers - main courses brought out while we were still eating salads!) we will give Amore Victoria another chance. They had a private party in the back room which caused a backup for seating in the main dining area. However, that is not a good reason for rushing patrons through their meal.Special Features:
- Poor service was notableCrustoldguyDined on 11/2/2014While the food was good the experience was not good due to inattentive service
- katieVIPDined on 11/1/2014Other than waiting over 45 minutes with a reservation, food was good.Special Features:
- dine4twodine4twoDined on 11/1/2014We came for a birthday celebration. We had a nice large booth facing the bar area. It was extremely busy, vibrant and romantic. We had a living social deal. Our server was outstanding!. He was very polite, friendly and made us feel very comfortable. The food was out of this world. Amazing restaurant would go back in a heat beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Few BumpsDougVIPDined on 11/1/20142nd visit and food and service were excellent! Shared app of mussels prepared in a delicious garlic-wine sauce, great for dipping the accompanying crusty baguette. I ate them right from the shell because I had no silverware, but this was promptly remedied. A shared cucumber salad was beautifully presented, scrumptious, with very fresh endive, tomatoes, peppperoncini, and kalmata olives. But there were no cucumbers! This oversight was quickly corrected by our terrific and efficient server, Molly, who shared a great sense of humor! For entree, spouse ordered chicken marsala. The chicken was buttery tender and the sauce and mushrooms were fantastic. I chose tortellini alla panna, in a rich alfredo sauce which was delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty goodChitowneatsDined on 10/25/2014Service/drink/food was good. nothing to write home about but everything tasted good, came quickly and service was solidSpecial Features:
- Yum!SuzyQDined on 10/25/2014Amore Victoria is excellent! The depth of flavor in the wonderful sauces, the beautiful presentation of the food, and the variety of delicious menu offerings makes Amore Victoria a great place to eat. I dream with anticipation of which dishes I will enjoy on my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal!KenSVIPDined on 10/25/2014We are frequent visitors but had a terrific night there this past Saturday. We were delighted to put at their special "curtained-off" table, and we ordered their special Veal Pot Roast with Pumpkin Squash Tortellaci. Think... Osso Bucco without the shank. The sauce was wonderfully complex and it was all I could do not to lick the plate... YUMMY.Special Features:
- StephenDined on 10/25/2014made reservations online for a private dining cove and was placed in regular boothe. Wanted the romantic vibe but was told afterwords that you need to request it...which is what I did online. Needs to be communication between the online and resturant staff and management. Also, if a customer sends in email questions. Please respond next time.Special Features:
- Great NightMoosegal235VIPDined on 10/24/2014We had a wonderful night! Our food was great as always. We had an appetizer of gnocchi, we each had a salad and both loved our entrees...one was the veal stuffed pasta (AMAZING...a definite order) and the scallop risotto special. Will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014I have been to this restaurant several times. My dish pot roast was excellent my husbands pasta dish was not what he expected so that was disappointing. Need to choose wisely next time.Special Features:
- Diverse Italian Menu - Great FoodOldtraveladyDined on 10/18/2014Food is always really good, with lots of choices. They have real Italian entrees of meat and seafood, not just pasta entrees. The only menu changes I'd like to see are: more pasta choices with more veggies and without meat (i.e. pasta as a first course as in Italy) and more veggies with entrees. My husband and I like to share a pasta and then an entree so that we can try more things. We don't really need double meat and would prefer more veggies with the entree, and in the pasta rather than meat. But, wonderful food overall and a marvelous menu that has lots of choices for everybody. And, if you prefer to have pasta as your entree, this is a great place for that because most pastas do come with a protein.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it but higher prices,less foodLovegoingoutVIPDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant has been a favorite of mine for years and go there for special occasions, after church for lunch with parents in their 80's, or a romantic date. I have to commend them on making efforts for gluten free eating. But, what I've noticed recently is that the portions are MUCH smaller as I used to be very impressed with needing to take food home and appreciating the value, where now I'm hungry after dinner. It's a significant portion size smaller and I'm very small. I ordered gluten free pasta and the up charge was a bit high, but felt even higher because I was still hungry as my portion was so small for the extra money. I miss the old A.V. They've raised their prices too much. I loved the service that day & I will go back.Special Features:
- Never againEasyDinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014Returned to Amore Victoria because we really enjoyed a previous visit. Service was terrible (wait staff could not agree whose section we were seated in); 1 of 3 drinks didn't show up; we had to ask for an ice-bucket for the wine. Bread basket showed up after appetizers were done. Food was very low grade. Risotto took my wife back to college meals of Rice-a-Roni; my son was convinced his pizza was DiGiorno; Veal Pot Roast special seemed to be all fat & gristle. All plates were left on the table with 50%+ untouched. We hurriedly declined the offer to box anything. Should have stayed home and saved $110 by cooking the same "back to college" meal for $20 in Cub Foods packaged foods. Never again.
- excellent foodahoriticaDined on 10/7/2014love the food and atmosphere. service is a bit slow.Special Features:
- Reservations don't matterNODinerDined on 10/4/2014We arrived at 7:00 for our 7:00 reservations. We were told that they regularly overbook because they expect that not everyone with reservations will actually show up. They said they should be able to seat us in about 15 minutes. It took 40 minutes before we actually got our table. While we were waiting we heard them give the same story to several other groups.
- Poor serviceannikajoyh64Dined on 9/27/2014I came with a group of 6 high school seniors before our last homecoming dance and we got just about the worst service in the world. He rolled his eyes numerous times, acted very condescending towards us and never once cared enough to check up on how we were doing. We saw him few times.Special Features:
- 5 year anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014My wife and I had a remarkable and memorable meal here on our 5th year wedding anniversary! The sangria has no equal in the Twin Cities, unless it is someone's private concoction. Mussels were smaller than anticipated yet well seasoned and joyously prepared; possessing firm but yielding texture (aka - NOT rubbery). The scallops were what I would expect from fine dining locally, abroad, or from my Italian grandmother's kitchen. Our server (Nicole? Nikki?) had impeccable timing - it was as if she knew exactly how to anticipate whatever we wanted and provided it when we needed it. She took such pride in her work that she enabled us to have an even greater dining experience with her candor and professionalism.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014Two of four entrees arrived cold and when they were replaced they were still cold. That was the unacceptable part of the experience.
- special occasionmarybDined on 9/24/2014Great food, great service and reasonably priced! Definitely worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just found it!SusieFoodieDined on 9/20/2014What made the evening: the food (skirt steak dish was wonderful!); wine (never had a Tempranillo that was so good and our server Wren (she was attentive, reviewed the entrees very thoroughly, and stopped to check on us just often enough).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DateForTwoOutOnTown13Dined on 9/13/2014"Great food" every course came in timely manner. All the dish were splendid. I would go back again with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio - Dog Friendly!DustpuppyDined on 9/7/2014Had dinner upstairs on the patio, and brought along the dog - they were very friendly! Gave the pooch his own water bowl, and most of the staff wanted to stop by and say hi to him. For being on Lake St. the traffic noise was quite limited, and patio was large, but cozy and intimate at the same time. The food was quite good, and I was pleasantly surprised by the wine selection. All in all a very good experience.Special Features:
- A lovely evening mealplatinumbeardDined on 9/3/2014Great starter, the salads were lovely and light, the main course a bit heavy - the pasta had a little too much butter & cream, and the reasonable bottle of house read was quite nice. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disorganized, carelessIronLadysbiggestfanDined on 9/1/2014Employees ignored us for almost ten minutes when we arrived for our reservation. Someone finally came to answer the phone ringing off the hook and didn't even greet or acknowledge us. Menu different than one online, no real explanation given. Server disappeared for ten minutes or more at a time. Riesling tasted like bad Pinot Grigio. Lasagna was very good but not nearly good enough to warrant a return trip. Thanks for crapping all over our anniversary.
- UptowndinerDined on 8/31/2014Very good food. Too big portions! Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!AlydarDined on 8/31/2014We felt like we had been invited to a friend's house for dinner, it was truely spectacular. The service and food were amazing! I brought my mother in law there for her birthday and she keeps asking when I'll take her back their for lunch. We plan to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tribunimpressedDined on 8/26/2014We have been there twice lately. Our waiter provided better service than our waitress did. Both of them served warm bread, flavorful salads, and richly flavored pasta dishes. We will be back. Great rooftop space.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood SpotRayaDined on 8/24/2014I love Amore Victoria. I have been there several times and their food is really good. Last year they opened the rooftop and I absolutely recommend it before it gets cold.Special Features:
- Very good Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/17/2014First time in Twin Cities so wasn't sure where to go. This was a good find in the up and coming Uptown neighborhood. Good menu with lots of choices, good wine list and the food was very good with good portions. Would revisit next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing foodCLR13Dined on 8/16/2014The food was amazing! They make their own pasta and it was delicious. The whole experience was great. Our server was energetic and made some great recommendations. Overall, I highlyrics recommend it. Next time I would love to try eating on the rooftop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service can be improved.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014We made a reservation in advance - they seemed to be short staffed. We had to flag down our waiter for almost everything - including placing our orders. He was nice, but when we have to constantly waive down the staff it takes away from the dining experience Food was good. May go back again. Not a wonderful impression based on promptness of service.