1601 West Lake Street
Minneapolis, MN 55408Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amorevictoria.com/
- Phone: 6128230250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday & Sunday: 4:00pm -11:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am (Bar is open until 1:00am); Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alex Victoria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Casual and Formal Events. Call 612-823-0250 for details.
- Special Events: Two rooms available for Private Dining. Our Wine Cellar which seats up to 60pp, and our Boutique, which seats up to 50pp. Please contact us for details or visit the Open Table Private Dining Page.
A word from Amore Victoria
Amore Victoria is a locally owned neighborhood restaurant hand-crafted by the owners themselves. Jenna & Alex Victoria have created a unique, timeless, old world space built and designed with their own hands. Serving scratch Italian classics which run the gamut from homemade Gnocchi, Frutti di Mare, and Chicken Marsala, to more contemporary fusions, like Mushroom Passion, and Pear Risotto, you are bound to find something on the menu to suit your taste. Our signature Lasagna and Tiramisu have been labeled "excellent" and "near perfect" by critics from both Mpls St Paul Magazine and the Star Tribune. ~A Word About the Menu ~ We believe in food with integrity. Our produce is hand-selected by the owners themselves, many times organic and/or local to the region. Our chicken & veal arrive fresh and all our meats natural and hormone free. Seafood wild, never farm-raised. Our full menu offers progressive variations on classic Italian dishes, and a chef’s page that evolves with the seasonsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Amore Victoria - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Amore Victoria reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)special occasion (47)romantic (43)great for outdoor dining (42)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (16)good for groups (15)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (11)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- UptowndinerDined on 8/31/2014Very good food. Too big portions! Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tribunimpressedDined on 8/26/2014We have been there twice lately. Our waiter provided better service than our waitress did. Both of them served warm bread, flavorful salads, and richly flavored pasta dishes. We will be back. Great rooftop space.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood SpotRayaDined on 8/24/2014I love Amore Victoria. I have been there several times and their food is really good. Last year they opened the rooftop and I absolutely recommend it before it gets cold.Special Features:
- Worst meal and experience.meideDined on 8/16/2014There is not enough room to express how terrible this experience was. From start to finish, horrible. Came here for a romantic honeymoon dinner with my husband. Was sat at a tiny table sandwiched between the wall and another table. We kept getting run into by the staff. Ordered the mushroom pasta, and the frutti di mare. Wow, were they both terrible. Both were like pasta soup. Swimming in sauce. Frutti di mare had minced fish, and small frozen shrimp. No other seafood was found. It was extremly salty, and the angel hair was mushy, not at all fresh tasting. I sent my meal back. We were offered a desert. We decllined. The last thing we wanted was to stay for more. Our tab was $80, nothing was comp'd. It was a slap in the face.
- amazing foodCLR13Dined on 8/16/2014The food was amazing! They make their own pasta and it was delicious. The whole experience was great. Our server was energetic and made some great recommendations. Overall, I highlyrics recommend it. Next time I would love to try eating on the rooftop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service can be improved.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014We made a reservation in advance - they seemed to be short staffed. We had to flag down our waiter for almost everything - including placing our orders. He was nice, but when we have to constantly waive down the staff it takes away from the dining experience Food was good. May go back again. Not a wonderful impression based on promptness of service.
- It was very goodlovefoodDined on 8/9/2014I had my birthday dinner here. It was recommended by a friend. It was very, very good. We had calamari and mussels as appetizers. Some of the items my friends ordered were steak, chicken alfredo, garden salad and veal. All the dishes were well presented. Everything was delicious, but the only complaint is that the appetizers and main course came out all at once. Too much food at once, that we barely finished our appetizers by the time we were done with our main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fresh ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014The food is good here and prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014Great food and excellent service. Cute Italian motifSpecial Features:
- Special occasion dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2014We haven't eaten here in years, but it was a great re-introduction. Service was great and the food - all of it - perfectly prepared and delicious. This was in celebration of a birthday, and four of us enjoyed cocktails, wine, salads and four different entrees. We highly recommend it and plan on coming back soon.Special Features:
- Anniversary made specialMartiniDined on 7/21/2014In my reservation I noted that it was our anniversary and that we had our first date at Amore Victoria and they sat us in a private spot with curtains. It was very romantic and we were treated like the restaurant was open to only us.Special Features:
- Food very good - service needs workFAJ1VIPDined on 7/18/2014Loved the rooftop and the food was very good, but would not go back based on the poor service. Busy Friday night & we had to wait 10 minfor a rooftop table so got drinks at the bar. Once seated we waited 15 minutes and no server. Finally asked the hostess to find him & took another 10-15 minutes to get water and bread and had to flag him down for more drinks. Biggest issue was that entrees took nearly an hour & when they did 1 was the wrong dish. Waiter gave excuses about backups in the kitchen - I really don't want excuses, just apologize and make it right - and perhaps comp us some drinks for the trouble - but no. Two tables next to us left early because they had been waiting over an hour for their food as well.Special Features:
- Wonderful as always.KBRWDined on 7/13/2014Love their food and love the rooftop dining! (Though the inside is nice too, just a bit noisier in the evening).Special Features:
- 1 on 1 Perfect StartDesignMan47Dined on 7/8/20141st face to face meeting. Location,ambiance, charm, good food and wine became the perfect choice for a new beginning. Chose inside seating and quiet corner for conversation. Service attentive, recognizing intimacy. Both enjoyed salmon entre with an excellent red wine. Will recommend. The new 'we' will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roof top diningFoodieDined on 7/2/2014Was my first time dining here. And it was a 2nd date. Wanted a romantic dining experience. While it was the furthest thing from romantic it was still a good experience. The roof top dining is incredible. My date and I both love eating al fresco but really don't like eating on a sidewalk with cars and people going by. So this gave us a great table and view of the lake Calhoun...sun was setting and was a beautiful evening. Food was delicious. A bit pricey but to be expected for uptown. Service is what you come to expect here in the twin cities. Unsure of why that is since they make a living from tips. However I would eat there again...for the food and roof top deck. Not for the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2014Food and service were fabulous. Rooftop dining is a must on a summer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome AmbianceRockOnDined on 6/28/2014I just love the small town ambiance of this place. The food was great.Special Features:
- Service a go-go (gone)NickyDined on 6/28/2014Service was S-L-O-W!! We had to ask several people other than our waiter for refills on water, bread, additional bread, pepper, etc. Frustrating. Food was okay--about average for an Italian restaurant.
- Anniversary mealEnglandersDined on 6/19/2014Great experience from start to finish. Warm welcome from all staff, felt they wanted to serve us as well as they possibly could. Food was outstanding, served in a lively atmosphere. Would recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- JohnnyDined on 6/17/2014Great charm, character and ambiance. A wonderful Italian option with a fun rooftop for drinks in uptown. Great for a date or dinner with family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Our first visit to Amore Victoria was because we "won" a gift certificate at a silent auction. We saved the card to use on a special occasion for us. We stood at the door at least five minutes before any wait or bar staff recognized our presence. When we were finally seated, the waitress did not offer water or aske for a drink order. We were told she would " be right back". After another 15 minutes she came to take our drink and order. We had to ask for an appetizer....That being said, the food was excellent from the olive oil on. But the staff was not good-nor did they look good either-kind of sloppy...Special Features:
- Everything was greattanyaleeDined on 6/15/2014Everything was great. Service was very good. Food was unbelievable. We were just disappointed that the roof top was closed. I brought a party of 6 and it was all of our first time there. We had to decide between Stella rooftop and Amore. Since I had seen people on the roof at Amore and never been I really wanted the new experience. But I understand that there probably were not enough servers or something to prevent the rooftop opening before 3 this past fathers day. I will be back to experience to rooftop someday...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bankerBankerVIPDined on 6/14/2014good food nice evening 1st time there and would definately go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant experience1happydinerDined on 6/14/2014Due to a busy evening of events, my family required an early evening reservation. We were looking for an Italian menu, and secondary to a good rating we booked. We were very pleased with our service and the food was excellent. I thought the atmosphere was very relaxing, and the prices were reasonable for very appetizing food. We will return.Special Features:
- Delicious food poor timingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2014We had a Living Social coupon which entitled us to a 3 course meal with wine. The food was excellent and beautifully presented, however, we were served our salads prior to our appetizer. When the appetizer was served (while we were enjoying our salads) there was no place on the table for the dishes. Our entrees were served while we were trying to finish our salads and appetizer. The timing was completely off and as a result we felt very rushed! I would give this restaurant a second try, but would not return if There was a repeat experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Dinnerbthomps4Dined on 6/9/2014We returned to Amore Victoria with a Living Social Coupon. So did 6-7 other couples. Nice ambiance. tables are a little close together. The Sausage and Peppers were good, however only 1 sausage, last time we visited we got two. The Chicken Fettuccini alfredo was good however it was little blandSpecial Features:
- RushedATCMODined on 6/6/2014First the table we were seated at had a very loose top that would start rotating with the slightest touch and the bread plates were dirty. Our sever was kind enough to let us move to another table and he replaced the plates and silverware. While the food was excellent we felt rushed through our date night dinner. Our appetizer arrived before our drinks and our main course very quickly after. It would have been nice if the server had not placed the entire order at the same time leaving some time between courses. This restaurant, like so many others, has different staff bring food to the table leaving me to wonder what the job of a server is considering they don't actually serve you anything anymore (a policy that escapes my understanding).
- Romantic Italian ResterauntOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Very romantic Italian restaurant with great food and service. Girlfriend loves going there. The small table can be to small for two people with your bottle of wine, appetizer, bread, candle, wine list, salad, and then dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & service were only decentstpmeg13Dined on 6/3/2014The food was okay, but nothing to call home about. We just got some small plates from the bar. They're affordable though (especially during happy hour), so I didn't feel like I was wasting money on mediocre food. The service was also just okay... our pizza, brucshetta and artichoke dip took almost an entire hour to come out. The restaurant seemed pretty empty to me. Our server was a little rude. Both the menu and the hostess (when I called ahead) said the happy hour went until 7:00, but when we got there at 6:10 he said it ended at 6 and looked annoyed when he said he would "honor our drink orders anyways." Don't go here if you're looking for good service and great food. If you're looking for cheap happy hour eats then go ahead!Special Features:
- A Hidden Treasure!Appreciative11Dined on 6/2/2014I've lived in MN for almost 14 yrs and have now just discovered this gem! The food was perfectly seasoned and served HOT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost PerfectSaratoriDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I love Amore Victoria. Wonderful food, great service and great ambiance set the standard. Our visit on Saturday fell slightly short. The mussels appetizer was smaller than I remember and there was less of that terrific sauce. I had veal piccata. It seemed over cooked and sauce could have had stronger lemon and garlic flavors. My wife had chicken Rosa de Pesto which is always wonderful. The insalata de parma and the organic spinach salads were very tasty. Tiramisu was excellent. Finally, ambiance in the dining area that included the bar was very noisy and hard to carry on a conversation. Other parts of the restaurant are quieter. Still we realize even the best of us stumble from time to time. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Lovely EveningJujuDined on 5/31/2014My husband and I came here for date night and had a lovely evening. We were seated back in a romantic corner. Our service was exceptional! Our waitress was attentive without hovering and we never felt rushed. The woman refilling water glasses was phenomenal - she must have come around 5 times, that's a touch that can be overlooked, especially when a restaurant is busy. The food was fantastic! I had the skirt steak with roasted tomatoes and it was awesome. The portion was huge, I have enough left over for two lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but slowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2014Food was excellent, though the kitchen was backed up and waited over 2 hours for food. Hoping it was an anomaly. Plan to go back though!Special Features:
- vikes75Dined on 5/24/2014We love Amore Victoria and have been there many times and this was the 1st time we'd ever had lousy service. Jeremy was our server and after taking our order, never once came back to check on us. Our drinks sat empty and we had to flag him down if we wanted anything - which he then seemed annoyed that we asked for something. He came across very unfriendly and overall annoyed with having to wait on us. If it were based just on the service, I would never go back there again. But we'll be back, with our fingers crossed we never get him as a server again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful experienceLMM1966Dined on 5/19/2014We went for lunch on a rainy day. The restaurant was fairly empty--4-5 tables with guests. One waiter. Took 15 minutes to get a soda, 50 minutes to get our meals of soup, salad, a sandwich and one order of pasta. The soup was cold, the veggies mushy and unseasoned. My salad had so much dressing on it that it was inedible. They did credit me the cost of the salad.
- Great Sunday Evening DinnerSpockDined on 5/18/2014A close friend and I dined at Amore Victoria after seeing a musical. It was quiet and quite cozy. We enjoyed watching the passersby on the street while we were eating. The bread was absolutely fantastic! She had a mushroom dish and I had gnocchi, both of which were quite delicious. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Excellent!AndrewDined on 5/17/2014Food was great, service was excellent (we were there on prom night so everything took a while), noise level was perfect for conversations with our friends. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- date nightbillythekidDined on 5/17/2014Had a good date night on a nice friday night. Food was good, decent pricing. Wait staff was friendly but service was terrible this evening. Not sure if it was overly busy but had to wait a long time for food and drink. Got complimentary dessert. Would definatly return and hope for better serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Fruiti da marDisappointedDined on 5/17/2014Better than restaurants we have tried in Hawaii, Bahamas, chicago, etc. A great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow servicegreenbeeDined on 5/17/2014Our food was delicious. It took an unusually long time to get our food. There were a number of customers who were going to prom that night. Maybe that's what held up all of the food. I hate to give them a lower rating. Another time we were there, also on a Sat. night. The service was fine that time.Special Features: