2425 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4P 2E7Neighborhood:
Yonge and Eglinton
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amoretrattoria.ca/
- Phone: 4163226184
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm to close ,Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Max Mirk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Delivery, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: At Amore Trattoria we pride ourselves in providing the freshest food Toronto has to offer.
We offer full planning services from Business Luncheon to House Party and Weddings
- Private Party Facilities: At Amore Trattoria we have a private room for any function up to 65 people. Please call us to find out about our special packages and pre-set menu
- Private Party Contact: Mike x
A word from Amore Trattoria
Whether you are seeking authentic stone oven pizza, delicious pastas, meat, fish or chicken you will find the best ones at Amore Trattoria. There are plenty of choices for even the pickiest of eaters. Enjoy a large selection of hot and cold appetizers . Serving lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.Continued
Buon appetito Toronto!
Buon appetito Toronto!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amore Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (6)fit for foodies (6)romantic (6)good for groups (4)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- citychicDined on 10/18/2014Friendly, warm service and the menu is varied with something for everyone. The soup de jour is always excellent as are the wood oven pizzas and main courses. My neighbourhood favourite place; have never been disappointed eating in this lovely place with professional service.Special Features:
- One word: Amazing!VerticalSnowDined on 10/8/2014My partner and I went on a Wednesday evening for dinner. I cannot stop raving about this place. The food and service was amazing. You should come here for the pizza. Very well executed. I ordered the eggplant parmigiana and it was spot on. Overall, 5/5. We will certainly be back.Special Features:
- one of the bestAmirDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I go there very often and we are always impressed. If you order pasta and would like it soft, please let them know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- That's ItalianAniJB19Dined on 8/16/2014I ate at this restaurant in the past, remembered it somewhat better. I ordered grouper fish from the daily special menu. Portion size was good, however the fish was overcooked and lacked complimentary condiments, or flavouring. The other person ordered veal parmesan, which was nice. Strange to have to add $2.00 for replacing potatoes with pasta.
- The following 67 reviews are from the Amore Trattoria reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014The food was a bit industrial tasting. Red wine was way too warm, as was the restaurant. Service was ok.
- FoodieDined on 5/24/2014Food was poor quality. Overdone pizza dough. Rubbery texture sea food. Pizza toppings were heavy on the salt
- Very happy...NorthTOGuyDined on 5/24/2014So we decided to actually walk through the doors after walking by this place about 200 times. Overall I was very happy with the food, service and experience and we will definitely be adding this to our regular place. I order a pasta dish and my wife had the pizza. Compared to the other local pizza places she said it is definitely one of the better places (compared to Vita, Trattoria, etc.) We will be back.Special Features:
- Nice Italian placeFudluvrDined on 5/17/2014Made reservations at the last minute. Food was really nice. Service was great. The room is a little cramped (the tables are packed close together) but didn't feel crowded. Lots of choice on the menu. Will definitely go back, lots of yummy sounding food to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers day dinnerAmused2DineDined on 5/11/2014We had a booking after a show. We called and asked to come earlier since the show finished sooner than we expected. We were seated immediately although the restaurant was full. Drinks arrived promptly. Then the service started failing. We did not get the usual bread and we asked for it. We got the salads and still no bread. Then we got the main course and soon after we got some delicious Flat Bred. Otherwise the service was very friendly and competent. We understand that the place was completely full and after the Mothers day brunch it never slowed down.Special Features:
- One of my favoriteAmirDined on 5/10/2014I go there regularly as I like the place and the food. Their food is really good.Special Features:
- Good ItalianADinerDined on 5/4/2014I had a good experience for dinner. Service was attentive and efficient. Food came out more promptly than expected! Well prepared dish. Thoroughly enjoyed experience. TV screen in the bathroom seemed more upscale than expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurant, good food,BradDined on 3/29/2014nice restaurant, good food, not expensive. A place to go when you feel like you want go get out and not break the bank. Service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceReeceDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I wanted to choose a new restaurant for our Valentine's Day. We were tired of the same chains over and over so we wanted to try Amore Trattoria. It was wonderful. The food was delicious and our waitress was fantastic. Very pleasant, friendly, and knowledgeable. The service really tied everything together, especially since it was a busy night all the staff really made us feel welcomed. I can sometimes be hesitant to try new places they I don't personally know much about, but this was a risk worth taking. We had a wonderful evening and will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing excitingtorontotrishDined on 2/1/2014Overall the food was fair -- we had to send back the chicken to be reheated (in probably a toaster oven) as it was cold in the middle (clearly frozen not fresh). I had one of the pizzas, which was OK, but it's hard to screw up pizza. It was generally a nice atmosphere, not too noisy (but it was also a night with a heavy snowfall). If you're looking for top notch food, this won't be it, but for an average dinner out, it's probably suitable.Special Features:
- Perfect for a quiet dinnerYyzgwmDined on 1/16/2014I was after a relaxed, leisurely dinner with good food and drink, so that an old friend and I could catch up, and that's exactly what this place delivered. A great find.Special Features:
- Great local neighborhood restaurantMacKDined on 12/31/2013My partner and I had NYE dinner here. Everything was great about this low key restaurant. Service was great, food outstanding and prices were right on. Seems like many locals were there. I think this was the perfect choice for NYE and away from the crowds. Easy public transport. Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felling Ignored? Then go to Amore.PeterCDined on 11/16/2013Food and wine was good quality and value. Service was over the top. Encountered 5 staff over the course of the evening, all demonstrated an interest in making the experience a good one. Would go again. Bought some piazza to bring back to our university aged daughter and her friend ... They loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and cozy night spotdarealnicVIPDined on 11/8/2013Went for a 9:30pm reservation, and got a window seat. A bit chilly at night near the window, but that was fixed by great food. I had the veal, which was very tasty. The mood was very cozy and relaxed... just what the doctor ordered after a busy work week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leisurely. LunchDrjcDined on 10/29/2013Nicely furnished room, good ambience. Soups were fresh and delicious--especially the minestrone, which had some lovely bright green, wilted spinach leaves, adding to t he taste and attractive colour. I had the Gorgonzola and pear salad. There was plenty of cheese, but the pear needed a bit more ripening to really enhance the flavour. Still, the salad vegetables were crisp and tasty, the dressing subtle and light. My companion had the shrimp salad and reported it to be excellent. The service was friendly and competent--attentive, but not intrusive. We were early for lunch, and it was quiet, but we found the noise level just fine for easy conversation,,,even when the room filled up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy brunchPitchouneVIPDined on 10/27/2013we were 4 had a great meal, place was hoping with family and couples, great frittatas, eggs benecdict different styles,and waffle. Service was quick and friendly even thouhgh by the time we were almost finish the place was busier and busier. A great stop on yonge street shopping along . They were few babies small ones but not a lot of noises..Special Features:
- Savoury not sweet please!FoodifiedDined on 10/17/2013I have been to Italy and tasted great Italian food. In a city that boasts a large population of Italian descent, this was not. The eggplant parmagiana with pasta was a real disappointment.The eggplant was completely coated in a thick dried layer of cheese - probably mozzarella athough not verafiably so- enhanced with an additional dollop of parmesan. Inside was virtualy unidentifiable as eggplant. This was placed on a tomato sauce linguine which had way too much sugar added to it. The waiter was great and when I told him my opinion this, he said he would mention it, so maybe they will change the recipe. Otherwise the atmosphere was pleasant so if you like your pasta sweet - I recommend the place. Needless to say we didn't order dessert.
- Not greatKacey28VIPDined on 9/1/2013We stopped and had dinner while walking on Yonge Street. The patio was the only one not busy, that should have been our clue. The food was boring...and I don't even remember what we had just that it wasn't great. We asked for tap water and were given a bottle we had to pay for...not cool. I didn't complain because it really wasn't a huge deal, but still not cool. There are much, much better restaurants on that strip. We won't be back.
- This is a wonderful place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2013This is a wonderful place! The wait staff were very attentive and friendly. The pasta was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food at great pricebathVIPDined on 7/7/2013we eat regularly at Amore and love the food and friendly atmosphere. service is very attentive and prompt. always have a great meal and enjoy ourselvesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was nice but notOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013The food was nice but not extraordinary, plenty of pasta dishes and some were very similar, the pizza was nice but the crust could of been a little crispier, was a little soft almost mushy. Our server seemed as if he was burnt out and just in a bad mood. Didn't appreciate some of his actions. It is a little neighborhood gem with nice food but the server kind of ruined the experience for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a warm friendly restaurantbathVIPDined on 4/21/2013It is a warm friendly restaurant with very personal service and excellent foodand service. We go there regularly and always have a great time.Special Features:
- Our server, I think his nameOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Our server, I think his name was Devon, was very good. This waas a good compliment to all the good food.Special Features:
- Not the best, not the worst.J9fromTOVIPDined on 2/9/2013Not the best, not the worst. The server was indifferent. And therefore, so am I. But I won't go back. Too many other options.
- Nice place, good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/11/2013Nice place, good service, but food was just ok, mediocre at best.
- Food was good but expensiveRudieDined on 1/10/2013Food was good but expensive for what we got. Waiter kept on trying to up-sell us which became a little tedious.
- I have been there a numberOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/30/2012I have been there a number of times in the past and will continue to be a patron. Menu is quite extensive and the wood burning pizza oven makes the thinest crust pies you've ever had. If I had to complain about anything ... it would be that the ceasar salad was not a creamy based dressing, but oil and vinegar.Special Features:
- great foodVinceDined on 12/30/2012We really enjoyed the pizza and the ambiance was great. We will go there again.Special Features:
- We have been to Amore a fewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2012We have been to Amore a few times and it is always great.
- A fun, tasty place to gobathVIPDined on 12/9/2012We have been many times and the food Is always excellent,,the staff are very friendly and fun. As well as professional they are attentive We always have a great experience at Amore and will continue to regularlySpecial Features:
- Great service, average foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2012Great service, the food was average and the wine list was new and also had a good selection.Special Features:
- The food on the menu soundsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012The food on the menu sounds delicious, but flavour was lacking. We were 6 people and 4 felt the same as I did. Food was okay-just nothing special. The atmosphere and service was fine but for the same money we could do better.
- great lunch with my nieceilovefood0311Dined on 10/13/2012My niece and I enjoyed our brunch... happy they they accomodated to change the cheese on my order... have told my family and friends to go visitSpecial Features:
- Friendly, inviting environment;RJD1VIPDined on 9/21/2012Friendly, inviting environment; Very good food, excellent service, all in all, great value.Special Features:
- This was a good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012This was a good restaurant with average food. The service was great.Special Features:
- Nice dinner. Nothing reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2012Nice dinner. Nothing really amazing but really good food and reasonably priced.