1457 Palatine Rd
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amoremioil.com/
- Phone: (847) 358-5506
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
A word from Amore Mio
At Amore Mio, our goal is to provide you with the freshest, most authentic meal possible. We pride ourselves on using fresh ingredients and organic vegetables from our very own garden when in season. What we provide for you, our customer, is produced at a high quality and never less than what we would expect for ourselves. Our greatest joy is providing our community with a comfortable atmosphere, friendly service, and of course, healthy excellent food. We hope you enjoy your meal as much as we do making it.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amore Mio reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)fit for foodies (11)special occasion (7)romantic (6)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- It is Not a Chain!KaylaVIPDined on 11/19/2014Amore Mio is such a delight. As soon as you walk in you know it is a very special restaurant. The decor is lovely and the whole staff makes you feel very welcome. And...the food is wonderful. The regular menu is perfect for lovers of great Italian food. But, the specials always are unique. The pumpkin ravioli was delicious with sauce that made you savor each bite. The special salad had pickled carrots and was delicious and different. You always get a complimentary bruchetta and their wine pours are more than generous. Always leave Amore Mio satisfied and happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good family restaurant and very romantic . A+SamdBarringtonILDined on 11/19/2014Service is fast and friendly. Food is homemade and prepared on order. Ambient is calm and perfect for conversation. Menu is simple and rich. Special are good. prices are average. you pay what you get. Tiramisu is delicious, homemade. Very romantic place for couples, Space is tight but cosy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodChrisVIPDined on 11/3/2014Service was slow the food was average and the wine list limited.Special Features:
- ConsistentdinerDDined on 10/11/2014We have been going to this restaurant since they opened maybe 12-15 years ago and have found the food to be consistently good. They have the best brusetta I have ever tasted and they offer it as a welcoming gift upon arrival at your table. The menu does not change often. The traditional spaghetti & meatballs is deep with flavor and my son loves the cavetelli in meat sauce. The wait staff is attentive and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014We shared an order of pumpkin ravioli and then had veal piccata and veal Marsala. My guest, who lives in NYC said the Marsala was the best she had ever tasted. Food is prepared to order and is always hot and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently greatIceMannDined on 10/4/2014Every time we go to Amore Mio the food is great. I tried the grilled calamari steak for the first time and it was the best I have ever had and I even make it at home! Highly recommend to anyone who enjoys authentic Italian cuisine. Everyone in my party loved their meal.Special Features:
- awesome italian fareHungryBearDined on 9/5/2014The food is made with love and care. The grilled calamari is juicy, tender, and flavorful. Every dish is outstanding, no matter what you order. That is a rarity uncommon in most restaurants. The pasta is fresh, and homemade items are abundant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood GemwindyridgedinerDined on 8/14/2014We dined there for the first time on a Thursday night. Starting with the appetizers through the fabulous desserts we were treated to fine Italian dining with exceptional service. A definite repeat dining experience the next time we are in the area!Special Features:
- Small gemrestaurantnutDined on 8/13/2014We had a wonderful dinner here. The filet of sole was excellent....my husband had lasagne which was also very good. It's a small restaurant in a strip mall .....what a great addition to the mall. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- A Newly Discovered GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/1/2014When traveling to Chicago (Hoffman Estates) we stumbled upon Amore Mio. What great luck. You would never know from looking at the outside that a wonderful experience was waiting for you on the inside. It is small - but decor/ambiance is lovely. It is bright - walls are decorated with small mosaic tiles, light fixtures are contemporary, tables along the wall are separated by partial curtains giving everyone the feel of privacy - and significantly reducing noise from other diners. The waiter was very knowledgable and friendly. The food was better than most Italian food I've had in the downtown Chicago area. It's a bit out of the way - but I'll go back. I thoroughly enjoyed Amore Mio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 21 reviews are from the Amore Mio reviews archive.
- Very pleased.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014I was pleased with everything about amore mio. Food was very good and had no issues with service. Nice touch with bringing out bruschetta to the table with the bread and olive oil. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little find!MikeFVIPDined on 7/18/2014Amore Mio is a great neighborhood restaurant where the food and service are personal. We took friends from out of state there, and they loved the food and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mickVIPDined on 6/28/2014The food at this restaurant was outstanding! For me, the difficulty here is the service. The severs seem a bit inexperienced and maybe they were a bit too busy. We had to ask for appetizers and we had to ask for bread. When they served the bread there was no butter or olive oil served with it and I got a bit tired of asking for things. If they could bring the quality of the service up to the quality of the food this place would be a knockout! MickSpecial Features:
- Awful!!ABdiningoutVIPDined on 6/28/2014I will NOT be going here again! We had a show to catch & I explained that walking in. Out waiter was terribly rude!! Brought out the food slower than EVER!! The people who came after us had their food 1st! Screwed up our order & had an attitude!:( Was on a date& totally embarrassed because he wasn't nice at all!! Ruined experience!! Also u had faked for dressing on side for salad & he forgot & then said the kitchen is just just keep it! I was appalled! Shocked! I go to many restaurants often & if a waiter said that in the city-they'd be fired!! Has another lady at restaurant take care of for us! Even to go order wasn't correct!! Very unhappy & will NEVER eat there again:( Too bad as I was hoping itd have been much better!!
- A great neighborhoos placeSteelblueDined on 6/9/2014We've been here 3 times now, and it seems to hold up very well. Monday night seemed a little understaffed, but food was spot on. Their wine selection is limited but adequate. If you're in the neighborhood, definitely stop by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, againCaseyBDined on 6/6/2014We are so lucky to have this restaurant within walking distance from our house! Just wish we could go there more often. Whenever we have a sitter and want to walk for a great meal, this is our go-to! Fresh produce & seafood - the perfect summer dinner!Special Features:
- Nice dinner with familyBuddysMomDined on 6/6/2014We came in for an early dinner, due to an event at the nearby Sears Center. Service was great, food was very good with bruschetta and fresh bread provided with our meal. We ended with some tasty coffee and shared tiramisu. The food was quite good and we really enjoyed ourselves. This is our second visit to this restaurant and we would definitely come again if we were in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal!RobertDined on 5/31/2014If you want authentic Italian food this is the place to visit! We had another great meal and the service was wonderful as always! We will visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True pleasureDiningQueenDined on 5/23/2014It was truly a pleasure to meet our friends (who were visiting from out of the country) here, have our table ready, have a friendly, knowledgeable, patient waitress serve us a delicious meal. If you want Italians like the Italians eat it -- go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gad we found this place!AdamDined on 5/19/2014Great service, food and ambiance! Dont fill up on the bruschetta beforehand, as i made that mistake. I enjoyed the chicken parm and my mother said the gnocchi was unbelievable. A very important factor to me when dining out is the food temperature. The food here was HOT, not Luke warm sitting under a heat lamp. Note: if you are not from the area (like us) it may be difficult to find but keep searching because its very much worth it! Try the homemade tiramisu. We will be back very soon Amore Mio.Special Features:
- Amore Mio - our kind of place!WineandDine15Dined on 5/5/2014We always have a good time here...very good food, drinks, service, and atmosphere. Everything from the appetizers, main courses, and desserts really hit the spot. We enjoy eating at the restaurant, as well as, take out whenever we can. Any kind of pasta, chicken, or fish dish has been delicious! Prices are reasonable..service is good..this is our kind of place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian reserveFrankieDined on 3/15/2014Ok food; very loud; food at par;nothing to write home about.. Ok in a pinch...a bit over priced...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food hidden in a strip mallLindaLuDined on 3/13/2014This restaurant is hidden in the middle of a strip mall. Once inside the atmosphere is calm and inviting. The veal Marsala was so light, yet full of flavor. Paired with a pear walnut salad and a glass of chianti, the portions were perfect and the taste was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its wart the money!PoorserviceDined on 2/15/2014We were there on a saturday night. We liked the food. Grilled calamari were excellent. The service was great. No problem finding parking. Our reservation was for 7:00 pm and the table was not ready till 7:20. the tables are too small and too close together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huzzah Huzzah!!SteveVIPDined on 1/31/2014We've been to Amore Mio 2x in the last month. Nothing but good things to say! Black-ink Linguine with clams and shrimp - awesome. Zuppa di Pesce - abundanza! Would love to go back again. Small place, attentive service, family run. Very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just good foodBigCatDined on 1/18/2014This neighborhood storefront may not get top awards for plating etc, but always enjoy the food...and service always friendly and accommodating.Special Features:
- New Year's EvejayrVIPDined on 12/31/2013We love the food here and it is one of our favorite restaurants, but on New Years Eve we had the worst server. He ignored us and then told us we had to order as HIS cooks were just standing around. Our reservation was at 8:30 and we out by 10:30. Not sure if we will go back.Special Features:
- We went to Amor Mio on NewCathyDined on 12/31/2013We went to Amor Mio on New Years Eve. The restaurant was small but charming. The complimentary bruschetta was fantastic! The appetizer selection was a bit limited and extremely pricey. The entrees were priced as expected and 3 out of 4 agreed the food was impressive. The service was outstanding and really loved the ambiance. We will definately be making returning to Amore Mio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodChicagoVicDined on 12/31/2013Great food and a wonderful ambiance. The service left something to be desired but the food is worth the trip back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemSandim25VIPDined on 12/14/2013Friends took us years ago, and we forgot to go back. Nearby but not really in our neighborhood. Won't forget, again. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I just moved intoInvernessFoodieVIPDined on 11/25/2013My wife and I just moved into the area, we were pleasantly surprised to find this gem of a restaurant. The decor was nice and simple, great ambience. Romantic I would have to say, food was great. You won't be disaapointed. Probably the best restaurant in our neighborhood hands down. We'll be back multiple times for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.