Amore by Wegmans
1750 East Ave
Rochester, NY 14610Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Amore by Wegmans
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wegmans.com/amore
- Phone: (585) 452-8780
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week
Sunday - Thursday Dinner
4:00PM - 9:00PM
Friday & Saturday Dinner
4:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Russell Ferguson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Amore by Wegmans
At Amore Restaurant and Wine Bar, we celebrate great food and wine in true Italian tradition. Here, our Wegmans Italian Classics come to life in the healthy Mediterranean flavors and classic favorites, all made with fresh, seasonal ingredients for meals you won’t soon forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Amore by Wegmans - Best Restaurants in Rochester ›
Amore by Wegmans reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)good for groups (16)notable wine list (15)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (13)romantic (11)special occasion (10)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Amore a hidden delight!BobbyPitzDined on 11/22/2014We arrived early and were treated to a tasteful jazz duo (piano and upright bass) playing just outside the restaurant in an indoor courtyard that felt like being outside in the summer. After sharing a glass of French wine and enjoying the music, we went into the restaurant and were escorted upstairs to a lovely loft dining area, near the beams of the high ceiling. Sounds of the jazz duo floated up while we dined, but we always conversed comfortably. The entree choices might be less diverse than some might like, but we found a tasty blend of appetizers and oven baked pizza that made for a fine evening, We were very pleasantly surprised, and will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, Tasty, Worth a VisitBeepyDined on 11/12/2014First time visit. Decor was warm and inviting. Seated quickly, service throughout the meal was outstanding. Table bread and olive oil were delicious, as was the dinner salad. We had the Rosemary Flatbread and it was a hit with all four of us, even the two skeptics in our group. My scallops over a bed of faro were fabulous, as good as I've ever had. The dish was to include Brussels Sprouts but only a few outer leaves were included so I pointed the omission out to our server. She apologized, hustled into the kitchen, and came back with a promise for a side of roasted b. sprouts asap. They arrived a few minutes later and were delicious. Dessert was a special chocolatey hazelnutty mousse-like creation (sorry, forgot the name) that was excellent. Overall, other than the Brussels Sprouts issue, we had a perfect dinner. The service was top-notch. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceJeCoDined on 11/7/2014Casey gave us great service; she was attentive and friendly, but she didn't hover. We were greeted in a way that made us feel that we were welcomed, and our shared appetizer and all four entrees were delicious as always. We brought friends who had never been to Amore before. It was nice to experience it through their eyes - they said they'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AcephillDined on 11/5/2014WHAT AN EXCITING NIGHT WITH CELEBRITY CHEF - CAN'T WAIT TILL THE NEXT EVENT!!!Special Features:
- Touch of Tuscany in RochesterCiboEVinoDined on 11/5/2014Just attended a special dinner at Amore prepared by Chef Cesare Casella of Salumeria Rosi in NYC. His signature sprig of rosemary in his top pocket also added great flavor to the Parmigiano/Reggiano puff that accompanied the antipasti, which was served on a wooden platter in the shape of a heart (nice tie in to the restaurant's name). My table was split on favorites between the 2nd course, a tagliatelle con funghi and the 4th course, Tuscan pork spareribs with polenta and greens. The seasonings on both were delicious with layers of flavor that were distinctive without one overpowering another. The chocolate hazelnut semifreddo dessert was a great ending after the spicy Costine. Plus the wine pairings offered a great complement throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but.......2dineDined on 10/19/2014Generally it was a good experience with one exception. Two of the people in our party had the vegetable minestrone soup, and it was extremely salty. Salty enough that both of them mentioned it after just one spoonful. Other than that I would recommend Amore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's a grocery storecss64VIPDined on 10/17/2014As one might expect from a restaurant in a grocery store - very good food, mediocre ambience and service. Was a good choice for our family dinner, but wouldn't take a date there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Everything was very good sunday evening. We all enjoyed it very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VeeStarVeeStarDined on 9/19/2014All our dishes were great. Especially the appetizers-fried gnocchi and antipasta tray. The cheeses and meets were wonderdul. one in the party had a pizza and the crust was so tasty, another had the bolognes pasta which was flavorful but not too heavy. The last entree which I split with a friend was the mushroom ravioli special. It came with four beautiful shrimp on top and five raviolis, again very tasty anf fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014The salmon did not have much taste and was very raw. Did not like my spaghetti, but artichokes were good. Husband liked his pizza. Wine good!Special Features:
- great food and bargain at AmoreOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/30/2014Amore has fresh, well prepared Italian food at very moderate price, interesting specials and excellent service. A true bargain. Highly recommend this restaurant. We had a special request for table suited for young child and the manager was responsive and professional.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014The swordfish special and scallops were absolutely delicious. All were cooked to perfection and full of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent dinnerMel9756Dined on 8/28/2014Dinner taste and service were great. They need to improve their salads, very boring compared to others. Also need to improve amount of food, not comparable with other Italian places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amore is great for Sunday dinnerdhc1972Dined on 8/17/2014We like Amore for lunch and dinner on any day of the weekn, but the food, service, ambiance and price point are espeilly nice for Sundy dinner, when Amore offers BYOB. The antipasto offerings and pizzas are great and the specials are very often excellent. (Please don't let my spellingreflect on Amore.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but...FoodieteacherDined on 8/17/2014The physical atmosphere in the restaurant was beautiful, but they were blaring 70s and 80s hard rock music which totally killed the ambiance for us. We just couldn't understand why they chose this type of music rather than something more in line with the romantic Italian setting they seemed to be attempting. Food was delicious, though, and the waiter and host were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner at Amore...Amo Amore!ConnieDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I had dinner at Amore last Friday and had a wonderful dining experience. We ordered the antipasti platter which was great for 2 and the fried gnocchi for an appetizer. (both delicious) The margherita pizza with arugula and prosciutto (as good as any pizza I have had in Italy) and the Amore Steak. The steak was seasoned and cooked just perfectly. The sides of greens and roasted potatoes both very good but the potatoes could have been a bit crispier. (only constructive criticism) :) For dessert the olive oil cake was a traditional italian desert and so very yummy!! We plan on going back tomorrow with our kids and another family we loved it so much.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great PeopleBrianDined on 8/14/2014Simple Italian food that the whole gamily enjoyed! Food quality was great (not fancy, felt more like home cooking). Service was very prompt. We also enjoyed some Italian wines off the wine list. If you are looking for great Italian food for a good value this is the spot!Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014Had a salad, so no way to evaluate Italian offerings. Everything was just ok.
- Good, a bit noisyJustMyOpinionDined on 8/4/2014I've been here at least 3 times now. I find the food consistently good, and the service (though a little inexperienced and young) very friendly and attentive. The décor is a bit too 'alpine' for my tastes... looks more Bavarian than Italian, but that's no big deal. The noise level is a also on the high side. We tried the Monday Wine Flight and it was good. The wines were okay (a lot of sediment in the Rose).. but the $5 antipasto platter was probably the best value of the meal. Not sure if I'd rush back here, with so many other good restaurants on the Rochester scene. Top that with the parking situation at Wegman's on a busy day after work.
- ghg31Dined on 8/2/2014We have had both lunch and dinner at Amore a total of about eight times, and look forward to many more visits. It has become one of our favorite restaurants. The dood and service ar extremely well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 200 reviews are from the Amore by Wegmans reviews archive.
- agoodplaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014It was quiet, good food selection, very good attentive service but not overpowering, our first time there and when the staff was asked about explaining the the layout of the restaurant they were very willing to do so. You did not realize the where the "STORE" was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningBabaDined on 7/27/2014Amore is one of the best restaurants in town, and it's too bad it hasn't been discovered by more people. We can't imagine why not.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Food was very Good. My wife had the Veal Saltimbocca, which she said was a bit tough, but tasted fine. I had the steak - ordered medium rare, but it was a little more rare than expected. Taste was outstanding. Would recommend to order a little more done than used to to get correct temp. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014Food and service were great. Loved the red wine flight and the taste of north to south Italy,Special Features:
- Great experienceTalkieDined on 7/19/2014The service at Amore was fantastic, the food was very good and the overall experience was great. I'll definitely visit again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOregontouristDined on 7/19/2014It seems like Wegmans always gets it right. I am not sure how they go about that but the food is always amazing, the service is top-notch, and they never disappoint. What a great company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhhRochtourguideDined on 7/17/2014The meal was inconsistent. The gnocchi didn't have a lot of flavor, husband's chicken parm sandwich was too tough to eat. Salads were good. Meat ball was good. Antipasti was so so. First time lunch was great, this time we were disappointed - and with out of town guests! Bathroom was in rough shape. But the greeter at the door was terrific! Liked his manner. Waitress was fine.
- morandcVIPDined on 7/14/2014Great Italian food at a great price. Very nice place for an after work dinner. Excellent selection & very good service. Pizza was good but not exceptional.Special Features:
- Amore is a gem of a restaurantdhc1972Dined on 7/13/2014We have been eating at Amore since it opened and it seems gradually to be catching on (eg, it is more challenging to get last minute reservations.) The food and wine selections are wonderful, the management and wait staff welcoming and well versed in the menu and also more than amenable to guests' special requests. The price point is extremely hard to beat. This is a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Quality diningjoe3gDined on 7/12/2014It is amazing that in a bustling store like the East Ave Wegman's you can find a quiet high quality restaurant. The service was excellent. They have a limited menu that is first rate. What they serve they do right. Reasonable priced first quality meal. My wife and I have enjoyed ourselves here several times.Special Features:
- Amore is wonderfuldhc1972Dined on 7/6/2014Amore is a wonderful restaurant. Its food seems inspired by the Italian love of/respect for food. If you want an excellent plate of pasta and meatballs, you can get it at Amore, but if you are interested in more subtle pasta and meat dishes, Amore serves them up too. The salads are wonderful and varied. The management and service are marked by hospitality, knowledge of the menu, and courtesy. The wine list is interesting, manageable in size, and offers something for everyone. Amore has become our favorite go-to restaurant in Rochester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BartyPartyof4Dined on 7/5/2014We took our kids, ages 9 and 12. They loved the pasta and meatballs and the rosemary flatbread. I was happy to see amore has a kids menu.Overall it was a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CyndieDined on 6/27/2014The scallops on the risotto and asparagus were pan seared perfectly with a bit of carmelization. The salad dressing was fresh, lemony, and really made the salad. I ordered penne with vodka sauce as a side and I thought the sauce was bland - it did have shaved parmesan which helped. The special, which was a lobster on linguini, could have used a little more kick, a well, according to my guest. Prices on the food were reasonable. Wine list was good but price should come down on the individual glasses by about a dollar for most of the brands I saw listed and for what I ordered, as well. Service was excellent all the way from the hostess, bartender, and waiter. We enjoyed our experience and will return for the scallops and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LivestoeatDined on 6/18/2014My colleagues and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Amore! We started with the zucchini carpaccio which was delicious and beautifully presented and the calamari which was crispy and tender! We all enjoyed our entrees and the olive oil cake for dessert was outstanding. Lovely atmosphere and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Georgeghg31Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent food, attentive service, well-informed server Ambience especially pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening!MaureenDined on 6/10/2014Thanks so much for an enjoyable evening. My husband and I celebrated our 42nd anniversary at your restaurant. We will come back. Maureen StoverSpecial Features:
- Dining experienceBabaDined on 6/7/2014The overall experience at Amore is outstanding, and we intend to keep going there. We especially appreciate the specials and occasional changes in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4FansDined on 5/31/2014We went to Amore with another couple. Each person ordered a different dish. Everyone loved what they ordered. The salads were excellent and fresh. The service was knowledgable and friendly. Absolutely no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Dining Experience...gvsav31Dined on 5/30/2014Our 2nd time at Amore and this was much better than the first. The menu has been updated and has a nice variety of options of great tasting, "not heavy" Italian foods.Special Features:
- Our favorite place! :)krisDined on 5/24/2014The food and service at Amore is unmatched! We eat here about once a month and we've never been let down :)Special Features: