Amore by Wegmans
1750 East Ave
Rochester, NY 14610Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Amore by Wegmans
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.wegmans.com/amore
- Phone: 5854528780
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 days a week
Sunday - Thursday
5:30PM - 9PM
Friday & Saturday
5:30PM - 10PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Chef Russell Ferguson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Amore by Wegmans
At Amore Restaurant and Wine Bar, we celebrate great food and wine in true Italian tradition. Here, our Wegmans Italian Classics come to life in the healthy Mediterranean flavors and classic favorites, all made with fresh, seasonal ingredients for meals you won’t soon forget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Amore by Wegmans - Best Restaurants in Rochester ›
Amore by Wegmans reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (17)romantic (15)great for lunch (15)special occasion (14)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014The salmon did not have much taste and was very raw. Did not like my spaghetti, but artichokes were good. Husband liked his pizza. Wine good!Special Features:
- great food and bargain at AmoreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Amore has fresh, well prepared Italian food at very moderate price, interesting specials and excellent service. A true bargain. Highly recommend this restaurant. We had a special request for table suited for young child and the manager was responsive and professional.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014The swordfish special and scallops were absolutely delicious. All were cooked to perfection and full of flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent dinnerMel9756Dined on 8/28/2014Dinner taste and service were great. They need to improve their salads, very boring compared to others. Also need to improve amount of food, not comparable with other Italian places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amore is great for Sunday dinnerdhc1972Dined on 8/17/2014We like Amore for lunch and dinner on any day of the weekn, but the food, service, ambiance and price point are espeilly nice for Sundy dinner, when Amore offers BYOB. The antipasto offerings and pizzas are great and the specials are very often excellent. (Please don't let my spellingreflect on Amore.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but...FoodieteacherDined on 8/17/2014The physical atmosphere in the restaurant was beautiful, but they were blaring 70s and 80s hard rock music which totally killed the ambiance for us. We just couldn't understand why they chose this type of music rather than something more in line with the romantic Italian setting they seemed to be attempting. Food was delicious, though, and the waiter and host were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner at Amore...Amo Amore!ConnieDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I had dinner at Amore last Friday and had a wonderful dining experience. We ordered the antipasti platter which was great for 2 and the fried gnocchi for an appetizer. (both delicious) The margherita pizza with arugula and prosciutto (as good as any pizza I have had in Italy) and the Amore Steak. The steak was seasoned and cooked just perfectly. The sides of greens and roasted potatoes both very good but the potatoes could have been a bit crispier. (only constructive criticism) :) For dessert the olive oil cake was a traditional italian desert and so very yummy!! We plan on going back tomorrow with our kids and another family we loved it so much.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great PeopleBrianDined on 8/14/2014Simple Italian food that the whole gamily enjoyed! Food quality was great (not fancy, felt more like home cooking). Service was very prompt. We also enjoyed some Italian wines off the wine list. If you are looking for great Italian food for a good value this is the spot!Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014Had a salad, so no way to evaluate Italian offerings. Everything was just ok.
- Good, a bit noisyJustMyOpinionDined on 8/4/2014I've been here at least 3 times now. I find the food consistently good, and the service (though a little inexperienced and young) very friendly and attentive. The décor is a bit too 'alpine' for my tastes... looks more Bavarian than Italian, but that's no big deal. The noise level is a also on the high side. We tried the Monday Wine Flight and it was good. The wines were okay (a lot of sediment in the Rose).. but the $5 antipasto platter was probably the best value of the meal. Not sure if I'd rush back here, with so many other good restaurants on the Rochester scene. Top that with the parking situation at Wegman's on a busy day after work.
- ghg31Dined on 8/2/2014We have had both lunch and dinner at Amore a total of about eight times, and look forward to many more visits. It has become one of our favorite restaurants. The dood and service ar extremely well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- agoodplaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014It was quiet, good food selection, very good attentive service but not overpowering, our first time there and when the staff was asked about explaining the the layout of the restaurant they were very willing to do so. You did not realize the where the "STORE" was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningBabaDined on 7/27/2014Amore is one of the best restaurants in town, and it's too bad it hasn't been discovered by more people. We can't imagine why not.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Food was very Good. My wife had the Veal Saltimbocca, which she said was a bit tough, but tasted fine. I had the steak - ordered medium rare, but it was a little more rare than expected. Taste was outstanding. Would recommend to order a little more done than used to to get correct temp. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014Food and service were great. Loved the red wine flight and the taste of north to south Italy,Special Features:
- Great experienceTalkieDined on 7/19/2014The service at Amore was fantastic, the food was very good and the overall experience was great. I'll definitely visit again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbOregontouristDined on 7/19/2014It seems like Wegmans always gets it right. I am not sure how they go about that but the food is always amazing, the service is top-notch, and they never disappoint. What a great company!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhhRochtourguideDined on 7/17/2014The meal was inconsistent. The gnocchi didn't have a lot of flavor, husband's chicken parm sandwich was too tough to eat. Salads were good. Meat ball was good. Antipasti was so so. First time lunch was great, this time we were disappointed - and with out of town guests! Bathroom was in rough shape. But the greeter at the door was terrific! Liked his manner. Waitress was fine.
- morandcVIPDined on 7/14/2014Great Italian food at a great price. Very nice place for an after work dinner. Excellent selection & very good service. Pizza was good but not exceptional.Special Features:
- Amore is a gem of a restaurantdhc1972Dined on 7/13/2014We have been eating at Amore since it opened and it seems gradually to be catching on (eg, it is more challenging to get last minute reservations.) The food and wine selections are wonderful, the management and wait staff welcoming and well versed in the menu and also more than amenable to guests' special requests. The price point is extremely hard to beat. This is a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Quality diningjoe3gDined on 7/12/2014It is amazing that in a bustling store like the East Ave Wegman's you can find a quiet high quality restaurant. The service was excellent. They have a limited menu that is first rate. What they serve they do right. Reasonable priced first quality meal. My wife and I have enjoyed ourselves here several times.Special Features:
- Amore is wonderfuldhc1972Dined on 7/6/2014Amore is a wonderful restaurant. Its food seems inspired by the Italian love of/respect for food. If you want an excellent plate of pasta and meatballs, you can get it at Amore, but if you are interested in more subtle pasta and meat dishes, Amore serves them up too. The salads are wonderful and varied. The management and service are marked by hospitality, knowledge of the menu, and courtesy. The wine list is interesting, manageable in size, and offers something for everyone. Amore has become our favorite go-to restaurant in Rochester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BartyPartyof4Dined on 7/5/2014We took our kids, ages 9 and 12. They loved the pasta and meatballs and the rosemary flatbread. I was happy to see amore has a kids menu.Overall it was a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CyndieDined on 6/27/2014The scallops on the risotto and asparagus were pan seared perfectly with a bit of carmelization. The salad dressing was fresh, lemony, and really made the salad. I ordered penne with vodka sauce as a side and I thought the sauce was bland - it did have shaved parmesan which helped. The special, which was a lobster on linguini, could have used a little more kick, a well, according to my guest. Prices on the food were reasonable. Wine list was good but price should come down on the individual glasses by about a dollar for most of the brands I saw listed and for what I ordered, as well. Service was excellent all the way from the hostess, bartender, and waiter. We enjoyed our experience and will return for the scallops and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!LivestoeatDined on 6/18/2014My colleagues and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Amore! We started with the zucchini carpaccio which was delicious and beautifully presented and the calamari which was crispy and tender! We all enjoyed our entrees and the olive oil cake for dessert was outstanding. Lovely atmosphere and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Georgeghg31Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent food, attentive service, well-informed server Ambience especially pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening!MaureenDined on 6/10/2014Thanks so much for an enjoyable evening. My husband and I celebrated our 42nd anniversary at your restaurant. We will come back. Maureen StoverSpecial Features:
- Dining experienceBabaDined on 6/7/2014The overall experience at Amore is outstanding, and we intend to keep going there. We especially appreciate the specials and occasional changes in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4FansDined on 5/31/2014We went to Amore with another couple. Each person ordered a different dish. Everyone loved what they ordered. The salads were excellent and fresh. The service was knowledgable and friendly. Absolutely no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Dining Experience...gvsav31Dined on 5/30/2014Our 2nd time at Amore and this was much better than the first. The menu has been updated and has a nice variety of options of great tasting, "not heavy" Italian foods.Special Features:
- Our favorite place! :)krisDined on 5/24/2014The food and service at Amore is unmatched! We eat here about once a month and we've never been let down :)Special Features:
- Very good experiencebzdrDined on 5/24/2014Went for lunch with family. The design is mostly modern, though fairly eclectic, with an overall atmosphere of an Eastern European high-middle class establishment (bare pine tree tables...) Service was friendly and efficient. Food was very good (some fantastic sandwiches and remarkably good salads and specialty pizzas should not be missed) and lunch prices are very reasonable - similar to area bakeries. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 179 reviews are from the Amore by Wegmans reviews archive.
- Relaxed and pleasing, gf friendlyGTTTDined on 5/21/2014Dinner with two colleagues. Amore hit the mark: nice, but informal atmosphere, high quality food, moderate price. We had a range of meals among us: appetizers, salads, fish, and steak–all well prepared and presented. Wegmans' staff (here, Next Door Grill, and supermarkets) are knowledgable and trustworthy when it comes to gluten & other allergies. Similar Next Door, Amore provided a gf bread alternative, which allows me to have something to nibble on while my companions enjoy their bread. Finally, the wine selection is nice and the manager is extremely knowledgeable. The only negative that comes to mind is that I did not find the wooden chairs terribly comfortable and the cushioned bench was too low compared to the table height.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014Both my wife and I found that the oil for the dipping bread tasted old with no seasoning. Vegetable soup was good but heavily seasoned. My Amore Steak was like rubber. Sent it back, still ng. Wifes chick parm was tasty.
- Not recommendedEaters10Dined on 5/14/2014Wegmans is usually a safe bet, but this time it led me astray. The food was way too salty, or had zero flavor, and the service was well below wegmans standard. I'm disappointed!Special Features:
- Remarkably Good!BobLDined on 5/11/2014I never expected a restaurant attached to a supermarket to be this good. A great blend of formal and casual. I have to to say the salmon was equal to or better than the best salmon I've ever had. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOLID/GREAT STAFFfairtakeDined on 5/9/2014Our first time at Amore. Went with family, two teen children. From the moment we stepped in, staff was fantastic. One teen is gluten free, but they provided him with gluten free pasta. The manager came to the table, and said that they would get a separate pot of water going immediately so that there would be no delay, they handled it like Disney does. My son was very happy to get gluten free pasta at a restaurant. You can tell they use high quality ingredients. All enjoyed apps, and entrees. The pizza coming out of the brick oven looked fantastic. Only complaint is that the red wine is kept very warm, this not only impacts immediate taste but I think effects storage. We will definitely be going back to Amore.Special Features:
- fresh & well-prepared foodMrsGDined on 5/8/2014At Amore' you step into an Italian country trattoria where the open kitchen and wood-fired oven create a mouth-watering ambience. Menu ingredients are fresh, fresh, fresh and creatively prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More service & less salt, pleaseJimmyDined on 5/7/2014We have been there a few times, and it is not my imagination - the servers are slow. It is hard to pin point, but we get the impression that the service itself - the act of 'serving' customers - isn't really refined. They take orders, bring food, but not that really interested in terms of how they can improve the experience of the customers. How about smile? How about a little more energy? Also, the foods are great but too salty! I love salt. All my life I loved salt. I put salt on pizza. And even I felt things have been very salty - from soup to scallops to risotto. I don't like low sodium taste, but how about a normal amount of salt? Just use 1/3 less. Chief Chef is a CIA grad - he should manage other chefs.Special Features:
- That's Amore'BigbandssDined on 4/30/2014This restaurant is attached to a great Wegman's supermarket. The menu is steak/Italian. The atmosphere is very attractive, but we were seated facing the open entryway to the kitchen which wasn't very pleasant as we continually watched servers coming in and out. There is a second floor dining are where it seemed there was a group dining. I didn't get to see that area. The menu items we ordered were generously portioned and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.