Amor De Brazil
2225 Matthews Township Pkwy
Matthews, NC 28105Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Amor De Brazil
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amordebrazil.us/
- Phone: (704) 841-1241
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday 11:30/2:30pm
Tuesday - Thursday 5:00/9:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00/10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Amor De Brazil
Our newest & one of a kind fine dining Brazilian Steakhouse. Amor de Brazil, first of its kind in the Matthews area, is a high-quality, fine dining steakhouse, & showcasing the best of the Brazilian experience & culture. Amor de Brazil promises to each guest the highest quality in its selections of slow cooked rotisserie-style meats, Salad Extravaganza, cheeses, delicious desserts & fine wines. Yo...u will enjoy a fine dining experience with sixteen cuts of high quality grilled meats. All meats are prepared on skewers & sliced tableside by our experienced Gauchos with continuous tableside service. Amor's Wine Resort is composed of a superb wine list with wines from around the world. Sit back and enjoy the best meal in town!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amor De Brazil reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (15)romantic (13)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great and affordableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014This is everything the more expensive Brazillian steakhouses are but at a reasonable price. No special occasion required to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014This was an okay dining experience. Something about paying $40 a person and having a big screen TV on while dining. Service was good, meat selections ok--they came out slowly and seemed to taste alot alike. It was a Saturday evening and there was open seating.
- YumyumfoodDined on 10/25/2014The food was not fantastic and the service was not good. We had to wait a Long time for the food to come around. But the price was about half of the price compared to other brazillian restaraunts in the area which is why I would recommend it for lunch to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulRickDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I went to Amor De Brazil to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary. My wife had been here before with others and wanted to return. It was wonderful. Our guest loved it too and want to go back. My wife had already recommended it to another couple who went and loved it also. Put on Facebook that we had gone here for dinner and several people wanted to know if we recommended it and we of course did.Special Features:
- Always good!luvfoodDined on 9/27/2014Amor De Brazil is always good - wonderful fresh food with great service. You can't go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodluvBrazilianFoodDined on 9/26/2014We eat here at least once a week and always find the food and service to be superb! The only downside is there are fewer items on the salad bar and with the meat selection Monday thru Thursday. Sunday nights they have live Brazilian music.Special Features:
- Great restaurantJP785Dined on 9/20/2014Has more of a family setting which is why we didn't grade it out as high in the ambiance. However, the salad bar was great and the food was pretty good. Only issue was that we did have to wait at times for certain meats to be available to us. Otherwise, the service was outstanding as we were checked on more than enough to make us feel like the staff there cared about our visit. Definitely would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!CrystalDined on 9/20/2014It was our first time at a Brazilian steakhouse. We will definitely be repeat customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No "love" for Amor De BrazilMKsWife35Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I went to Amor De Brazil for my birthday and were seriously disappointed. To describe Amor De Brazil in a few words think cafeteria, diners in flip flops, absolutely no ambiance, and stingy portions of over cooked meat. Having gone to Brazilian steakhouses in Dallas and Phoenix I made the terrible mistake of thinking they were all similar.....clearly they are not. The drinks were over priced, the salad bar, which is generally a big draw in these types of steakhouses, was no better than a Chili's and the meat was under seasoned and over cooked and that is when they were serving which was very infrequently. Pass on this place unless you are fond of cafeteria fare at over $50 a person.Special Features:
- a bit shortluvtoeatDined on 9/9/2014we noticed that the food selection was not as extensive as last time we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun ExperienceHappyMomDined on 9/6/2014Great food, great service and our current favorite Charlotte restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- Worth the experience50thBirthdayDined on 8/30/2014If you haven't been to a Brazilian steak house, this is an experience. It is a meat extravaganza. Continual service of skewers of beef, pork, chicken, lamb, and an occasional fried pineapple. They want you to fill up on the "salad" bar, but don't. It's interesting, but the meats are the focus. Brazilian fare tends to be heavy garlic on the meat and quite a bit of citrus and mint. I only rated it a four star because some of the meats tended to be a little bland. However, I would highly recommend the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb and a ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Armor beats Chima in uptown at half the price and just local to South Charlotte at Matthews. I'm delighted. I'll be back. A more varied and full salad and side bar than Chima which had no potatoes at all- and Amor had mussels too. Meats were complete from beef to pork to chicken to lamb and they kept coming. All in all a gem. Desserts were another surprise -- a top quality variety -- with strong coffee.Special Features:
- Great food, noisy neighborOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Food was great. Service was on point, fresh cuts of meat. Fantastic smells. Fairly quiet with good ambiance. However our table was too close to another so that we heard way too much of a guy's rant about sports during our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't plan to use a couponaficionadaDined on 8/16/2014We had a "buy one dinner/get one free coupon" and when making the reservation we requested that they contact us if using the coupon would be a problem. When we got there we were told they were under new management and would only allow a buy one/get one 50% off deal. The food on the salad bar was fair, but on a positive note, the meat was delicious.
- My wife and I were very impressedNewthingstogetherDined on 8/15/2014The food was great and so was the service! This was our first time here and it was excellent. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite DelightfulfastlanebDined on 7/27/2014The variety of food at Amor de Brazil was expansive. The salad bar actually had more options than some of the higher end churrascaria restaurants I've been to. They also had a wide array of meats. They weren't the best meats I've ever had, but they were still very good and quite satisfying. This is a solid 4 star experience.Special Features:
- Show up hungry!EdisonReviewDined on 7/25/2014All the food is delicious and if you like a variety of meat you'll love this place. You will roll out of there for sure!Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014From the moment we walked in we felt welcomed, the customer service is outstanding! From the hostess to our attentive waitress to the rodizio men who serve meat, each person was knowledgeable and friendly. We came on a weeknight to avoid the weekend crowd. Salad bar is AMAZING & gourmet, no iceberg lettuce here! Think antipasti taken to a whole new Brazilian level. Meats are varied & perfectly cooked. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 298 reviews are from the Amor De Brazil reviews archive.
- ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014Great casual yet upscale location. My boyfriend, who is a good ole country boy, felt very at ease and so did I. Food and service were great. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLetseatoutDined on 7/22/2014The food was fresh and good. The Salad bar had much variety and really appealed to everyone's taste. It was a great first experience and we will definitely go back. It's a great environment for groups based on the service style, and the food is always hot when they bring it to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live Music a little loudamgncDined on 7/20/2014Went for Restaurant Week - the deal was excellent, and I really enjoyed the food. However, the live music was just too loud for conversation - at least by our table. The musicians were good, just a little loud. The only complaint I would have is that the food came out in odd ways - my table was full before the ribs ever appeared. I understand cooking times, but we were there about 7 pm on a Sunday night, not generally the busiest time, and it was fairly quiet. Otherwise, the servers were very attentive, and our waitress was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful surprisehaddyDined on 7/20/2014A date night with my husband led us to Armor De Brazil. There was live music, an abundant salad bar, and an endless line of freshly prepared meats carved tableside. The wine list was ample and the desserts divine. I Highly Recommend Armor De Brazil.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very averageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014I had high hopes for this restaurant but came away with a very mediocre experience. The salad bar was average with the high point being the cranberry cheese. The meats were generally decent but the gaucho's were spread too thin and we waited a long time between meats. The cheese rolls were good. The mixed drinks were tiny for $7.00 each. Their local competition is Chima and they are behind. Both could learn a great deal by visiting a Texas De Brazil.
- Awesome ExperienceSuronDined on 7/19/2014Food selction was good- nice salad bar good variety. We were able to try several meat selectons. Desserts were very good. Service was above and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Different Dining ExperienceatrufoodieDined on 7/18/2014Chose this restaurant from the list of Queen's Feast participants. The food and the service were great, the staff was terrific. Would recommend this place to friends and family who would like to enjoy a different dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurant!!GinaDined on 7/18/2014This was the first time my husband and I ate here and we will definitely be coming back. High quality food and salad bar had a great variety!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding AnniversaryJulieDined on 5/22/2014We celebrated our Wedding Aniversary since it was day before. The salad's and the meats were pretty good. There was nothing wrong with the service. Didn't have to wait to be seated.Special Features:
- So SoJaxRauDined on 5/11/2014Got put in the back room even though we had a reservation and there were empty tables in the front area. Service was lackluster. Our waitress was very absent. Food was good and salad bar had good variety.Special Features:
- Mothers DaySushiVIPDined on 5/11/2014Had reservations. Had to wait 30mins. However there were many tables available for seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blair's ExperienceMy2EaglesDined on 4/27/2014My date and I enjoyed the salad bar tremendously. Very creative use of differing food items there. The meat was very good. Will have to admit I think Chima's steaks are more juicy but this was very good. The noise level was too much...the entertainer was very good, great voice, good music...however, we found the entertainment to be too loud. We couldn't talk, we had to raise our voices a bit to hold a conversation. Hope the singer lowers his music volume a bit next time. This is why I rated the ambience low on your scale above...the interior of the restaurant was great but the entertainer needs to realize that he is not the main attraction, the food and the date we were on was the core of why we're there, not to see/hear him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was amazing!Nightwing123Dined on 4/25/2014Our son wanted to go here for his 13th birthday dinner. All the family was here and the service was the best!Special Features:
- Disappointing.FrankBeansVIPDined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter Dinner special and was highly disappointed. Meat tasted funny, not fresh. Most meat was well done only . They only brought around four different meats to our table. Salad bar looked like it hadn't been freshened up all day. This was our second visit and our last.
- Great.MSMCDined on 4/19/2014A very enjoyable meal! Great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent ProposalMrProposalDined on 4/12/2014The area and the atmosphere was perfect. The waiters kept serving us until we busted...lol Very romantic place. Only downfall is that my request for flowers and a private dining area went unnoticed. Instead I was seated in the corner of the main dining area with grapes and wine on my table....Not exactly what I asked for but nice nonetheless. Drinks were great. Hostess were excited for my proposal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as it used to beJPadDined on 4/3/2014We have been to Amor De Brazil many times previously and always enjoyed the exceptional food and service. We'd heard the restaurant was under new ownership but thought nothing much would have changed. We were wrong. The entire staff had changed. The quality of meats (the star of any rodizio) was inferior and poorly cooked and seasoned. We were offered many meats that were "well-done" which meant they were overcooked and chewy, and almost everything lacked salt. Our waitress was somewhat inattentive in refilling our water glasses though very pleasant as was the rest of the staff. They just all seemed to be out of their depth. Even the live music was cheesy. We may try one more visit to see if this was a fluke, but if not, we won't be back.
- The service was good, theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014The service was good, the food is excellent, my only problem was that the lady who took our wine order did not seem to understand what I wanted and brought red wine instead of the white wine I ordered, but I just went with the redSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presently SurprisedHappyandfullDined on 3/9/2014My wife and I went on a whim because we noticed that they were running a special on Sunday lunch for 19.99. Honestly, I thought there salad bar was better than Chima's. The meat was excellent, although there was less selection. I believe we had 8 or 9 to choose from. The sirloin was my favorite. The staff was well trained and very attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but lacking hospitalitydatenightDined on 3/8/2014We entered the restaurant and no one greeted us. It looked like they were going to have a big party in one of the rooms the way the tables were set up. the hostess finally greets us. We tell her we have a reservation. She said they are backed up do to a party that didn't even start yet. She said if we wanted to eat would would have to wait an hour and told us to go to the bar. We could not believe it. We said, "but we have a reservation". She said, "sorry but some other patrons came in before you and they filled up the reservation section". What? We were upset since we have never eaten here and it was our date night. Some of the meats were wonderful while others were over cooked. On a good note, our waiter was very nice.
- MeatBryanDined on 3/1/2014...meat, and more meat!. Overall very good and a fun experience. Louder than we expected and combined with the thick Brazilian accent of the waiter it was difficult to hear and understand him. Otherwise very good and will return.Special Features: