2018 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10029Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amorcubanorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 212-996-1220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Heriberto Herrera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room for 20 to 30 guests. Decorated to resemble a patio, with a working fountain, plants and hanging clothes.
- Private Party Contact: Leticia 212 996 1440
- Entertainment: Live music from Tuesday through Sunday.
- Special Events: Special menu will be served on new years eve. Prices are : $150 per person incl. open Bar. $100 per person incl. 1 drink
A word from Amor Cubano
Escape to a world of Cuban delicacies at Amor Cubano. The authentic 1950's Havana setting combines the classic golden age of Cuba with a younger, hip and sexy atmosphere. The air is filled with dancing, singing and performance art as you dine on Cuban cuisine at this truly unique restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amor Cubano reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- CityGirlVIPDined on 7/13/2014The food was great. They have a nice variety of Mojitos - I loved the Cojito. It can get a bit loud if you're in the front room and there's live music but there are 2 smaller rooms in the back. I have been here several times and it has always been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/6/2014I will say this & this only……you MUST try the mango sangria! Delicious!Special Features:
- good neighorhood findjojobean80Dined on 5/24/2014The waitress was very efficient and took care of my family and I. The starters were great and the drinks were well made. They have live music (full band set-up) with room to shake your tailfeather.Special Features:
- The following 181 reviews are from the Amor Cubano reviews archive.
- Charmingly noisy mothers day:)Tira2Dined on 5/11/2014Sprending five days in New York, we wanted something different the last evening- cuban food came up as an option, and under Zagats review we found Amor Cubano. Made an reservation on net and had a wonderful taste meal accompanied by energetic cuban music - and dancing mothers ( i guess!) Very friendly and charming waitresses - good mojitos!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/8/2014Thursday nights are great. They have an awesome show live band; definitely a treat.Special Features:
- Doesn't fail to disappointNYCBookwormDined on 4/26/2014Amor Cubano is an amazing restaurant at a location many may not expect. The food is consistently delicious, the portion sizes are generous and I haven't found a restaurant that can make a vaca frita like AC can. Lovely place for celebrating any occasion with friendly waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Cuban Restaurant in NYC!!. .jlrealDined on 4/26/2014It was a great experience with the family. Honors its name 100%. Food was excellent and felt like home. The service with a personalized touch that makes you forget you're in NYC and transports you to the Caribbean. I can't wait to come back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh... not bad!jeatsalotDined on 4/20/2014Brunch was just okay. The service was nice but the food wasn't very good. I ordered Huevos Rancheros for brunch and the eggs were over cooked. It was flavored well so I ate it. I was worried that if I sent it back the food would take FOREVER. The waitress was a sweetheart. I'll give it another shot.Special Features:
- Small but great!!ProutaxDined on 4/18/2014This is a great place to eat. The food is outstanding and the drinks are great as well. the place is a little small so whenever someone has to go to the restroom, you will have to move in your seat. The best thing about the restaurant is that is reasonably priced. You won't experience sticker shock with the menu. This is a great place to take your spouse, girlfriend, or go out as a group to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and live latin musicakuaviDined on 4/5/2014Great ambience, great entertainment, extremely friendly staff, great drinks, good food. A perfect night out to have fun with friends or a date if you like latin music, but want a small intimate placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MojitosMidtownerDined on 3/28/2014This place was delicious! The mojitos are AMAZING. My friend & I have the mango version. Food was great, had chicken and Spanish rice. Large portion. Can be a little loud as later in the night they had a live band. Music was great, but tough to have a conversation. While we were drinking coffee after the meal, we were asked to move because they needed the table. This was an issue because we were still finishing and we shouldn't have to leave our table. That's why I gave the service a "fair" rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/22/2014food not bad, but not great. I had much better cuban food downtown. Service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place, good but not greatjoethelawyerDined on 3/21/2014Fun place, good but not great food. Plantains are everywhere. Great music, very friendly, attentive service that isn't overbearing. I'd go back for sure. Terrific cocktails.Special Features:
- Loved it!ChelzDined on 3/14/2014The ambiance was amazing! I went on a Friday night so a live band was playing. Almost felt like I was on vacation. The food was great too. I opted for the arroz con pollo which was delicious and the portions are definitely more than enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeCBreezeDined on 2/23/2014The food was good but slightly under-seasoned. Overall the experience was good though because the place is run like a family establishment with excellent and courteous service. There was also a live band on Sunday that was excellent.Special Features:
- Special CelebrationInlovewithAmorDined on 2/15/2014Absolutely wonderful. Brought my son here for his 25th birthday celebration. Everything from the drinks to the food and service were excellent. Hostess was very warm and welcoming. I had called earlier in the day and spoke to Vivian, the hostess to figure out the best way to get to the restaurant since the weather was bad. Vivian was very helpful with her suggestions. The food was exceptional. Everything was as we hoped and expected it to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Location for a Night OutanonymousDined on 2/14/2014Outstanding food / service and the live band was Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Cuban FoodNYCBookwormDined on 2/14/2014I enjoy my dining experience every time I go to Amor Cubano. The ambiance is warm, friendly and one can easily forget they're in Spanish Harlem and not Miami. The Vaca Frita is always flavorful and delicious and their Coconut Mojito is my fave drink. I recommend this place to all my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Harlem FindcoachpatDined on 2/14/2014Pleasant staff, yummy food and great music. my wife and i had the paellas. I had the one with sausage, chicken and seafood, my wife seafood. both were great. plenty of food. in fact, neither of us were able to finish the ice.We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great music and atmosphereTizLozVIPDined on 2/1/2014We had a great live cuban concert, the atmosphere and the cocktails are very good but the food is just fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too cold to enjoyNicelysurprisedDined on 1/24/2014Unfortunately, the restaurant does not have something in place to keep very cold drafts from spoiling the ambience of diners who sit too close to the door. The food and live music was very good.Special Features:
- SpeechlessOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/23/2014Best restaurant I've been to in a long time!!! wowSpecial Features:
- The Best of Cuba in the AppleJezebelDined on 1/18/2014The food is only surpassed by the music that fills the air and adds to the ambiance. the flavor of the place. Everyone was extremely nice and very attentive.,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Cuban Restaurant!Hil2014Dined on 1/18/2014We have been to Amor Cubano many times and each time we go it does not disappointment. The service and the food is excellent. Its small and cozy and the live music is a plus later in the evening if you are looking for some entertainment with your dinner. This is my go to place when we have family and friends from out of town to show them a good time with great food.Special Features:
- Mojito Madness!!!NJoyFudDined on 1/14/2014Coconut mojitos are to die for!! Food was delicious, staff was friendly, establishment was clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!MellDined on 1/6/2014The food is great, the tres leche dessert is my fav! Nice place for a romantic dinner for two. Should be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Cuban Food and Ambiance!CalilaVIPDined on 1/4/2014This is by far one of the best Cuban restaurants in New York City, better than any Cuban restaurant in Miami too! The food is amazing and the mojitos...oh my, the mojitos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The total packageJTorricoDined on 12/26/2013This place is in the heart of east Harlem. Vibrant neighborhood, the hostess was welcoming and the waitress was sweet and attentive. The drinks were strong and delicious. We had the grilled steak, paella and arozz con pollo. Everything was cooked perfectly. Don't forget to order the chocolate cake with ice cream for dessert. They dim the lights and the live music with a singer with tons of energy made the place come alive. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amor AmorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2013Loved the food, ambiance, service, and cuban music! Definitely a winner!Special Features:
- lipstick on a pigwonkmanDined on 12/21/2013The décor and the service were spot-on. The special mojito was perfect.I expected more from the food based on the past reviews.Special Features:
- Local FavoriteJeffDined on 11/28/2013We've been to Amor Cubano several times now and have really enjoyed the energy and vibe. The food is always outstanding, flavourful and different. New to the east side of Harlem we've found many great local restaurants but few sit down dining joints, Amor Cubano is the exception. This past Thanksgiving we had a last minute change of plans and decided to go out to eat, Amor Cubano was not only open but has a special Thanksgiving meal that was fabulous. Always to accompany any meal there was a pitcher of Sangria, perfectly sized and always refreshing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Besos a Amor CubanofoodchicDined on 11/28/2013Kisses to Armor Cubano. We dined there on Thanksgiving and found it to be exactly what we wanted - a taste of the tropics on a cold day. Although they offered traditional turkey dinner, we opted for cerviche and then paella and tres-leches cake for dessert. A couple of mojitos, cafe con leche with Sambuca and it was a wonderful day. The price was right too. The staff was solicitous. The bartender was generous. I highly recommend Amor Cubano.Special Features:
- Diamond in the roughycookVIPDined on 10/29/2013This place knocked our socks off. Came here for lunch and everything from the Sangria to the dessert was fabulous. Prices great and home cooked delicious tasting food.Special Features:
- Great FoodFoodieDined on 10/18/2013Celebrated a birthday and were not sure what we would experience. The food was exceptional, service over the top and the dessert very festive. If you are in upper west side NYC don't miss this wonderful food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, but small portionsSamsoniteVIPDined on 10/6/2013Food tasted good, but the portions have gotten a lot smaller. In particular the beef dishes were very small
- Great Spot!FeedingMyInnerBigGirlDined on 10/4/2013Took my 10 and 12 yr old here for dinner on a Friday evening. We were seated right away and the service was great, very attentive but did not hover. Amazing guava mojito. Food was great (chicken with rice and shredded beef) The dessert menu wasnt all that exciting and the lava cake was just ok. Music started shortly before we left but it wasn't loud like others said. It was pleasant and just added to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant but not what we expectedLaurelai2Dined on 9/25/2013I dont know why but I expected this place to be more lively and bustling. The outside looked kind of bland, perhaps the owners should brighten it up to bring more attention to it. However the inside was very nice! Very clean and the staff very very friendly. The food was nicely presented to us and very good. I would love to again whem there is a crowd and when they have live music. I would definately recommend this place!Special Features:
- Can’t go wrong w/ Live music+foodcb1487Dined on 9/6/2013Service is great, waitress was friendly and very attentive. Food was very good, tasty and fresh. They have live music so it’s a plus if you like Cuban music. The place is kind of small but cozy and romantic. I’ve been here a couple of times and never disappoints. Overall, good service and food, so we left the place satisfied and happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and atmosphrereRustyboyVIPDined on 8/30/2013It is always a pleausure when we go to Amor Cubano. I highly reccomend !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMVACDined on 8/24/2013Excellent cuban food with live music in a Saturday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.