52 Vanderbilt Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ammosnewyork.com/
- Phone: (212) 922-9999
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 11:30 pm , Sunday available only for private events.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Bruno Marino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ammos Restaurant now delivers. We cater and set up your entire event. Ammos Special Event Coordinator will be very happy to create a unique menu for your event. We also can accommodate up to 125 persons to our restaurant and up to 25 persons to our private “ Mezzanine” Wine Room
- Entertainment: Live Greek music every last Friday of the month from 10pm until Late...
- Special Events: Happy hour * 2:30-5:30 @ the bar & Lounge area - 50% All Drinks
Happy hour: All house liquor and house wine $6 from 3pm to closing.
No Corkcage fee on Mondays
A word from Ammos Estiatorio
***** SEAFOOD GREEK RESTAURANT ***** Located in the Heart of Midtown, steps away from Grand Central Terminal. Ammos provides upscale, authentic cuisine from various regions of Greece. The menu features a wide array of mezedes and pristinely fresh seafood as well as whole grilled fish. Ammos is the Greek word for "sand" and the restaurant’s airy, open design, light woods and weathered stones conjure the sun-drenched atmosphere of the Greek islands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Ammos Estiatorio - Best Restaurants in Midtown East ›
Ammos Estiatorio reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (62)good for groups (59)fit for foodies (55)neighborhood gem (45)special occasion (43)romantic (38)hot spot (32)notable wine list (28)vibrant bar scene (25)great for brunch (12)late-night find (8)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Worthy of multiple visits....LucyVIPDined on 11/15/2014...and with all the options in NYC, this one is worth a visit, or two, or three, etc. The service was attentive and friendly -- and the food was delicious. Their Grilled Octopus Salad is a must -- plenty to share -- and could also be a meal by itself. The octopus was prepared to perfection. We will return to this great find.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014We had a lovely dinner for 10 people here last Saturday night. What they failed to tell us in advance was that the space was booked for a private party and that we'd have to leave about 90 minutes after our reservation (which would be fine if half our table didn't arrive late!) Though we were told this, we did not feel rushed until the private party guests started to show up - until then, the food, service, and ambiance were exactly what I was looking for for my birthday! I highly recommend the octopus appetizer, as well as the grape leaves. My risotto was heavenly and cooked to perfection. One of the major plusses is it's proximity to Grand Central Station, making the commute a breeze from Westchester (where most of us were coming from)! I will definitely go back :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findScottStamfordVIPDined on 11/14/2014I love this place. The bar area is a little small but the whole place is very cozy and warm. The staff are wonderful and the menu is quite varied. The food was amazing and the wine. It was a great night and I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood!KiKi0410Dined on 11/14/2014I took a colleague for lunch. I ordered the Prix Fixe lunch and my colleague ordered a la carte. I had the grilled calamari to start and it was wonderful - perfectly done and seasoned. It was also quite a healthy portion so I was able to share. My colleague had the octopus arugula salad for her entrée and it was very yummy - again octopus cooked perfectly. I had the "fish of the day" which was a "greek dover sole" fish stuffed with spinach in a light white wine sauce. Really yummy - and again a healthy portion. Sadly as I was getting full, I left some on my plate. The wait staff was very attentive! My colleague ordered a zesty lemonade and at first they apologized and said the juice bar had closed - then within a minute the manager came over and said they had re-opened the juice bar and here was her lemonade. Greatly appreciated. The whole lovely lunch was done in roughly 70 minutes - without feeling rushed and it was unnecessary to say we had limited time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VincentVIPDined on 11/13/2014I've taken clients here since they opened. The foods very good as is the service. It' vibrant but you can have a nice conversation without screaming, It's elegant but you won't break the bank. It's also right next to Grand Central so it's a great location for your guests who need to catch a train.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing place..alex90ccmDined on 11/10/2014is a very delicious food very good restaurant great service recommend this place to have a good time .. !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a great experience at Ammos!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Ammos estiatorio it's a beautiful restaurant with wonderful and romantic atmosphere.The service was phenomenal and the food was delicious.My fried and I we had an amazing experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful PlacelovelyplaceDined on 11/8/2014Not only is nice and quiet the food and service are also very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Greek seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Incredible ambience with romantic atmosphere,delicious traditional plates and fresh fish.. Really good service kindly and friendly with you and good food is all that you need to have a great time when you go out..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood In TownGutoDined on 11/7/2014Great food and service. I always have great time coming for Dinner or Lunch at Ammos. Would highly recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wow!what a nice place to visit!SaminamusaDined on 11/7/2014It was amazing, food was delicious, service was friendly, place was charming,DrinK was classic,music was melodious and everything Was fantastic overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new MNF spottJloveVIPDined on 11/6/2014I love Monday nights at Ammos,great spot to watch MNF,there special of a bucket of beer and a free app for $36 is unbeatable !!!! Me and my friends found our new Monday game spot.keep it up AmmosSpecial Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014We came to celebrate our daughter's birthday. We were seated right away. We loved the Atmosphere. The place is spacious and warm at the same time . The service was friendly and professional. We love greek food so we ordered a lot .. All was delicious!! Definitely coming back! Thank you Ammos!Special Features:
- I Love Greek Food!Foodies4Dined on 11/6/2014I always thoroughy enjoy eating at Ammos, which I have done 4-5 times over the last year. It is undoubtedly one of the best Greek restaurants in the City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous wine listFoodieVIPDined on 10/31/2014Perfectly served and cooked seafood along with a very unique wine list!!!!Special Features:
- Small Tables/Treacherous stairsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/30/2014Too many diners, including my group, were squeezed into tables that were much too small. Ascending the stairs to the upstairs room (Siberia of sorts) could be tricky for some.Special Features:
- Preferred Prior MenuCNF60Dined on 10/29/2014the sautéed chicken with vegetables, and the sautéed lamb with vegetables (both served on pita bread) were extremely disappointing, unless you love onions, which was the "vegetable" with each dish.
- Food was great. Service attentiveRonpVIPDined on 10/28/2014Great lunch spot. Prixe fixe was good deal. Fish was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!Blj2Dined on 10/25/2014Have been there twice- great place to meet friends with attentive staff and excellent food! Best place we've found near GC, love pre-theatre menu.Special Features:
- Fabulous mealiLovedItDined on 10/22/2014This was one of the greatest meals I've had in New York City. First the ambiance - wow. This restaurant is not your typical NYC spot. It's actually quite large. It's one of the most beautiful restaurants in New York - there are wine bottles lining the wall - and a very distinct Mediterranean vibe can be felt no matter where you are. We sat an a secluded table by the window with plenty of room to spread out. The food was - of course - amazing. We ate horiatiki salad, Lavraki fish, moussaka, and a side of mushrooms. The Lavraki was amazing - perfectly cooked - moist and flakey. The vegetables were also fresh and flavorful. Make sure you save room for dessert - we had baklava - it's not to be missed!Special Features:
- Can't get enoughJloveVIPDined on 10/13/2014This will be the million times that I go to Ammos for happy hour and i am never desapointed ,from the first minute you walk in they make you feel like family , love the new changes on the cocktail list, the Godiva espresso martini is amazing, guilty pleasure is just delicious, I will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Amazing SeafoodAnnaSmith09Dined on 10/13/2014This is an absolutely 5 star seafood restaurant with wonderful fish menu and wine list. The setting is trendy, stunning and the ambiance is lively! This was matched with excellent and attentive service. The servers are very knowledgeable about their menu. They even recommend an incredible food and wine pairing. Highly impressed. Inside is a bustling trendy atmosphere. Their Chilean Sea Bass, slow roasted piglet and organic Scottish Salmon are all excellent. On Monday nights, no corking fees!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014It's a really delicious traditional Greek seafood restaurant with amazing ambience and very good service.. And also I recommend yiu to try the delicious moussaka which is one of my favorite traditional Greek food..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No more chickenTomHDined on 10/11/2014Great ambience but how can you run out of chicken on A Saturday night at 7.30 with only about 25 people in the restaurant. ( not even a quater full)Special Features:
- Special lunchvadikDined on 10/10/2014Went to Ammos for lunch to celebrate our anniversary. Why lunch? Because we couldn't celebrate that night. Chose it because it was very close to my wife's office and we like Greek food. When making a reservation on opentable.com, I included a note to be seated at the most remote table. I didn't think anybody would even pay attention, but I was wrong. Not only did we get the most private table there, but we also got congratulated on our anniversary, which was nice (no free desert though :)). We shared horiatiki salad and both got a whole lavraki, which was very good. It was a little pricey and next time we will do a pre-fix menu.Special Features:
- Greek paradiseammosfanDined on 9/30/2014that was my first time eating in a Greek upscale restaurant. The food was phenomenon, far away from what I have experienced before. Octopus, spreads, salad, lamb rack...all great flavors..beautifully represented. Place was rocking.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014We are big fans of Ammos Estiatorio. Always consistent in food and service. Phenomenon seafood, always fresh and cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Food loverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I was here about two nights ago with my family I can not describe my satisfaction to you about every detail starting from the food it was out off this world everything was cooked to perfection and the service exceeded my expectation we just love Ammos and I will bring all my family member to try this havenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't get enoughJloveVIPDined on 9/25/2014I ve been to Ammos many times , always exceed expectations, service, food and atmosphere.i will be back for my Octopus and Arni again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReminiscingAndrewDined on 9/15/2014Met with college roommate from 30 years ago and his wife with my wife. We ordered up and down the menu with excellent wine choices and had a fantastic evening. We really appreciated the special attention from the maitre d' and the waitstaff were first class. We will be back!Special Features:
- DdMmVIPDined on 9/12/2014The service was lacking. The food was mediocre. We had to beg for a waiter to come over and give us a menu.
- Perfect business lunchBusinessLunchDined on 9/8/2014Let me say that food and service far exceeded expectations. I regard myself as a foodie and more critical then accepting. I almost always discount reviews like this one that praise, today I want you all to listen and please read. I will return to Ammos Estiatorio because for what it is, it is prefect. One note, it is not a "wine cellar" for those that have a sophisticated wine palate. On arrival there was concern that the construction directly outside the doors facing the street would interfere with our meeting. It turns out the room is amazingly quite despite the jack hammers. If it can hold off that noise this place must be stellar when their not raising the street!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Santorini in ManhattanOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014If you want ottentic Greek cuisine in Manhattan, then Ammos is the place to go!!!! Great food,and make your pick from the variety of Greek wines they offer, excellent service , I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hi, AmmosAnaAnaDined on 9/6/2014My name is Ana and I was there last night for a dinner, and it was entirely amazing food and restourant atmosphere. I had a specific dish with the specific taste of octopus and the doversole fish, and it was served perfectly perfect, thanks to chef and to all who are involved to that, the restourant it's so specious and high ceiling with the romantic view. Can't wait to come back again. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014Everything was to the point. Food was very good as it was the ambiance, but service was a little slow. I guess because the place was crazy busy it is very hard to please everyone.Special Features:
- best Seafood in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014Ammos offers the best octopus in NYC. We shared a Greek Salad, and the 5 spreads, all great. My wife had the Tuna, cooked perfectly and I had the roasted piglet, to die for. We will return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!katyDined on 9/3/2014Ammos has a beautiful ambiance, delicious menu, and most importantly, a friendly and attentive service staff. From the moment we were greeted at the door, we felt very welcome and at-home. Everyone raves about their Octopodi and King Shrimp, and now I know why! Our waiter showed us their fresh fish selection and explained all of the fish to us. I will definitely be returning. Also, it's located right next to Grand Central so who can beat that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Never disappointing from food and service. If you are visiting Midtown - Ammos is a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeRJBLADEDined on 8/16/2014Highly recommend for anyone that knows great food. Fish was fresh and cooked to prefection,appetizers were great but most of all the grilled octopus was above all. It was prepared like no other way we have ever had. Ambience was beautiful, comfortable and service was on top of there game. Be sure not to miss this gem.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/15/2014Great meal and fabulous attentive service. Will definitely return. Convenient Grand Central location.Special Features: