52 Vanderbilt Avenue
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ammosnewyork.com/
- Phone: 2129229999
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 11:30 pm , Sunday available only for private events.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Bruno Marino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Ammos Restaurant now delivers. We cater and set up your entire event. Ammos Special Event Coordinator will be very happy to create a unique menu for your event. We also can accommodate up to 125 persons to our restaurant and up to 25 persons to our private “ Mezzanine” Wine Room
- Entertainment: Live Greek music every last Friday of the month from 10pm until Late...
- Special Events: Happy hour * 2:30-5:30 @ the bar & Lounge area - 50% All Drinks
Happy hour: All house liquor and house wine $6 from 3pm to closing.
No Corkcage fee on Mondays
A word from Ammos Estiatorio
***** SEAFOOD GREEK RESTAURANT ***** Located in the Heart of Midtown, steps away from Grand Central Terminal. Ammos provides upscale, authentic cuisine from various regions of Greece. The menu features a wide array of mezedes and pristinely fresh seafood as well as whole grilled fish. Ammos is the Greek word for "sand" and the restaurant’s airy, open design, light woods and weathered stones conjure the sun-drenched atmosphere of the Greek islands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ammos Estiatorio reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (78)fit for foodies (57)special occasion (49)neighborhood gem (49)good for groups (48)romantic (40)hot spot (34)notable wine list (32)vibrant bar scene (24)late-night find (7)great for brunch (7)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- AwesomeRJBLADEDined on 8/16/2014Highly recommend for anyone that knows great food. Fish was fresh and cooked to prefection,appetizers were great but most of all the grilled octopus was above all. It was prepared like no other way we have ever had. Ambience was beautiful, comfortable and service was on top of there game. Be sure not to miss this gem.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/15/2014Great meal and fabulous attentive service. Will definitely return. Convenient Grand Central location.Special Features:
- Resturant Week DinnerHappyhumanVIPDined on 8/15/2014I have really taken advantage of Restaurant Week (Month) this year and for the most part all the restaurants have been very good. Ammos Estiatorio was excellent. The entrée I selected was Lamb Chops which was a $9 supplement. I am still thinking about how wonderful they were days later. My wife had the chicken entrée with which she was pleased but could not finish as the entrée portions were much larger than most of the other restaurants we visited for Restaurant week. For me that is a good thing. Very enjoyable meal and ambience next to Grand Central.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makes you feel specialopentableguestDined on 8/12/2014I loved Ammos hospitality. Ammos team made my birthday special. Thank you!!!! Food is to die for....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2014Went here for lunch. Decor was interesting. Feels like you are in Greece by the sandy beach restaurant. Service was attentive and fast. Had the greek salad for appetizer and mousaka for entree. They were both very delicious and enough for 2 ladies to share. Probably good for dinner as well since they participate for restaurant week dinner only.Special Features:
- Gorgeous roomgoodlifeDined on 8/11/2014Gorgeous room. The food was amazing as always. Attentive, but not fussy, service. Ammos never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch for threeHappyCamperDined on 8/8/2014I have been to this restaurant twice for lunch. Each time the food and the service were great. It is not too quiet or too noisy. The menu is large -- lots of choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2014The lamb dish was tender and delicious, the salmon was cooked perfectly, crispy on the outside and tender and juicy inside.Special Features:
- Mediocre food and service.mamadocDined on 8/7/2014A disappointment in this city of wonderful food. Nothing special in the fish or the service.
- Great BreakfastlovewineDined on 8/7/2014I am a regular at Ammos for lunch, but this time I try their breakfast. Omelets were fantastic, my favorite is Ammos omelet. Also have great fresh juice list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch destinationexcellentDined on 8/6/2014Ammos offers the best three course lunch menu in town. Fish of the day was at least a 10oz Black sea bass fillet of fish on top of a veggie guinoa.....excellent. Apps and dessert was excellent also....great portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Greek RestaurantGRA34Dined on 8/5/2014Overall this restaurant was a good choice. The food was excellent, the service was great but the noise level was a bit loud. Not a place to go if you want a quiet dinner.Special Features:
- Good RW ExperiencecanuckinbklynVIPDined on 8/5/2014We often use Restaurant Week to explore places we've never tried before. Usually we are disappointed; most restaurants don't seem to put much effort into their RW menus. Not so Ammos; the food was delicious and the portions were ample. Good job, Ammos.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't get the Shrimp Salad!Campbellsoupgal88Dined on 8/5/2014Came for lunch, got the Tiger Shrimp salad for $24 and was severely disappointed in size and quality of food. Some shrimp over cooked, others under. Maybe I just got the wrong dish. But wouldn't venture back, especially during lunch (packed)
- Somewhat disappointingNoisyVIPDined on 8/4/2014I have always loved the food here, but I was surprised at the menus. The heavy menus were in need of replacement (tearing and dirty) and the graphics were downright tacky. This is a great place - put some money into upgrading the setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceDayDeCzDined on 8/1/2014First time at a Greek restaurant. The ambience is very welcoming and service was great. Our waiter gave his suggestions since he knew it was our first time. Gave a brief description of the dishes he was suggesting. One thing I learned is that if you want to try original Greek food, you must try Masaka. Which is a traditional dish. Delicious (I tried 6 items from their menu, and I was pretty impress).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super service and great food!TiffanyAFDined on 7/31/2014Great selection on the dinner pre fixe menu. Our waiter Denny was helpful with explaining items on the menu. Everything we had was delicious. The service was quick considering the busy location. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysluv2dineDined on 7/31/2014Consistent food quality, great service and one of the most beautiful restaurants in NYC. Octopus is a must.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comeback againSaminamusaDined on 7/30/2014It was amazing , great pleasure, delicious food, wow not to forget to tell about (grilled fish, octopus, calamari ,dips, salad with feta, side of lemon potato,& deserts - share flan,yogurt,walnut cake ,baklava with pig ice cream) taste , clean, full service with melodious moment . Every one should come and experience this greek seafood .Special Features:
- An oasisNYCgirl24Dined on 7/30/2014I would definitely come back here again. The restaurant had a beautiful interior, making us feel as if we were in the Mediterranean. They served us a nice bread basket with olives while we decided what to order. Food was pretty good. I had the roasted chicken which was very tasty. The service was fair. I say that only because I felt the servers were a little rushed as they placed our plates down...not served with much elegance, but this is not a big complaint. I look forward to going back!Special Features:
- Nice but noisyFood4lifeDined on 7/29/2014Food quality has dipped in recent periods with portion sizes leaving a lot to be desired. Service was adequate but noise level was much higher than what one would normally expect for a Tuesday night. May need to consider shifting the seating plan.Special Features:
- CAN'T GET BETTER THAN THATlovelyDined on 7/29/2014We visited Ammos for lunch. We ordered their special three course menu. Food was fantastic as it was the service. Place was packed with business people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spotjrod144Dined on 7/26/2014The food was great and so was the service. Loved the décor of the restaurant could have used some musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midtowns gemGinaaDined on 7/25/2014Best restaurant in midtown. Was there with a few friends, the food was amazing very friendly staff, overall great experience. Would deff go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant week menu in townFoodieDined on 7/23/2014I went there for restaurant week! What a surprise! Ammos was using their amazing prix fixe pre theater menu for their restaurant week! Simply the best in the Grand Central Area! Although the place was extremely busy their service was tremendous! The good thing is that they have this menu all year around, week days until 7pm and Saturdays all night! I ll definatly be back for their octopus and lamb chops anytime!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant weekbestinNYCDined on 7/23/2014Amazing Food quality and huge portions. it worth every penny.Special Features:
- Great servicePholipDined on 7/23/2014Greek hospitality, Gorgeous ambiance. Our server was very accommodate with all our requests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2014but the portions were so small and pricey. service was good but hard to get when you needed something. we waited 2x with empty drink glasses. I wouldn't go backSpecial Features:
- romantic restoOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/23/2014great for dates - service was great and so was the foodSpecial Features:
- Greek Food near GCTMaureenMDined on 7/23/2014I have been here twice, once for lunch, once for dinner. Both times I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. On the $$$ side....Special Features:
- Restaurant week trialBGT1Dined on 7/22/2014Loved the food and restaurant. One of best salmon dishes I ever had. We will be back!Special Features:
- It was fineOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/22/2014Perfectly fine food and service. The waitress recommended the octopus, the meatballs, and the zucchini fritters. They were all very good.
- Restaurant week disserviceOpentablefangirl8Dined on 7/21/2014Ambience was the only saving grace to our dining. Food was lacking in basic seasoning (salt). But the most disappointing of all is the service. The courses did not come out punctually, and despite following up thrice on the dessert and advising them we are in a hurry- it took over 20min and a check to arrive first before we left our tables upset. Awful. Just awful.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/21/2014Ammos is a very solid midtown restaurant. The food at this Greek fish restaurant is very good. The lunch special is reasonable given the location, ambience and quality. My only complaint is that the general pricing is a bit on the high side, but I would still recommend it as the other attributes of this establishment more than offset that one flaw. I would certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Greek!SchaefcandDined on 7/19/2014We were pleasantly greeted upon arriving, the manager checked back with us a couple of times and the server Denny knew his stuff. From the basic Greek we were very impressed by the unusual selections such as roasted piglet ( it was very good) to a wonderful selection of fresh fish. Portions were very good and for New York City in the shadows of Grand Central station was good value!Special Features:
- Amazing Greek food!EatpacoDined on 7/19/2014Back to Ammos for dinner, as always, the best food and service. I'll defenely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't get more GreekbeautifulrestaurantDined on 7/10/2014Ammos is the absolute Greek hospitality experience you can get in NYC. Staff is extremely helpful and very knowledgeable on both food and wine menu. Food is exceptional. Will come back with more friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOOOOOVED ITbatistaDined on 7/9/2014Everything was delicious, as expected from this glamorous Seafood restaurant in the heart of the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall goodGTPETEDined on 7/7/2014Recently had the opportunity to have dinner at Ammos and overall i would have thought it would have been better for the price I was paying. Wines way over priced but it's NYC right next to GCT so you can't be that surprised I suppose. Food like I said was good not extraordinary. Service was great though and ambience was very nice. Couldn't hear the music even when restaurant was just half full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!RandallDined on 6/30/2014The food, the service and the ambiance were excellent! We had a terrific lunch and will certainly return again.Special Features: