Ammos Authentic Greek Cuisine
324 North Great Neck Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23454Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Ammos Authentic Greek Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ammosvb.com/
- Phone: 7573404343
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Ammos Authentic Greek Cuisine
NEW LOCATION! 324 N. Great Neck Road. You can travel 5,000 miles for an original Greek dinner or you can come on down to Ammos Authentic Greek Cuisine. Home made authentic Greek food using local produce. Open for lunch and dinner Tues-Sunday with live belly dancers on select nights. If Greek food is what you are craving, then let John and Antonia show you all about Greek FILOXENIA (hospitality)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ammos Authentic Greek Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Virginia Beach ›
Ammos Authentic Greek Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (13)good for groups (12)special occasion (12)fit for foodies (9)romantic (8)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Greek FoodSpikeDined on 9/4/2014This restaurant has been here for some time now and the food is always great. The waiters/waitresses are very knowledgeable and can steer you to some wonderful specials and whatever your taste buds desire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great serviceBklyn55Dined on 8/31/2014Ordered the Lamb pita....overall pretty good. One negative: the french fries were soggy and extremely oily. Great service.Special Features:
- DeliciousSallyDined on 8/22/2014For a true, authentic Greek restaurant, Ammos' is the place. The menu is extensive and the food was plentiful and delicious. I even took home and had enough for the following night's dinner. Be sure and ask if there are specials because our waiter did not inform us of such.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I went with my wife for a romantic dinner and we spend a great time, good Greek food, excellent service, and great ambience! I highly recommend the Baklava Chessecake it's amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dinnerGPaG30Dined on 7/26/2014If you like good Greek food, this is definitely the place. We went here for dinner one night during our vacation in Virginia beach. There were 7 in our party, including 2 children (9 and 10) and everyone enjoyed the food. Ordered the Mezze sampler appetizers and all were excellent, especially the Keftedes (meatballs). Portions were large. The Pastitsio was great. Service was terrific. Our waitress was extremely pleasant and made us feel at home. Wish we lived closer, as we would definitely go back on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent findporokeDined on 7/2/2014Excellent Greek food. Large portions and terrific service. Prices are very reasonable. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMMOSOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014Authentic Greek food with very good service, until interrupted by a dance studio routine for 20 minutes> Why ruin a nice evening!!??Special Features:
- Lots of foodMudhenDined on 6/28/2014There was a good variety of appetizers - I won't attempt to list the - on the sampler. Reminded me of my trips to Europe. Food was pretty good, too. Plenty to take home for another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite intimate dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2014Ammos is a little hard to find with all the road construction, but well worth the effort! The service was excellent, the food was delicious and the prices are reasonable. The fresh fish choices are exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodSLI6Dined on 6/21/2014Have been here several times trying different dishes and have always been very satisfied.Special Features:
- First dining experience at AmmosgirlofsummerDined on 6/14/2014The restaurant is very appealing, the food was excellent. The only thing that I would perhaps say in the negative is that it is loud, so it's difficult to carry on a conversation without raising your voice (which only exacerbates the problem). I suppose it's a tough thing to fix due to all the hard surfaces (which is part of what makes the decor there so appealing). A very nice dining experience regardless.Special Features:
- Fun but noisy!PuddycatDined on 5/31/2014Dined with other couples on a Saturday night. Friendly, efficient service.We had a delicious cheese appetizer wrapped in flaky phyllo. I enjoyed the fish special which was a grilled whole red snapper. Others enjoyed the moussaka and the grilled salmon. After 8 PM the belly dancing show began. The dancers were entertaining but the music was very loud and took away from the enjoyment. We left while the dancing was still going on. We definitely will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MandMDined on 5/25/2014Service was outstanding and the food was spectacular!Special Features:
- Good GreekGoodFriendsDined on 5/24/2014Wonderful Greek food right off Great Neck Road. The fish we had was cooked perfectly and the sauces we chose were outstanding. I especially like the seasonal vegetables that had wonderful spices. Tried a nice Greek red wine that was outstanding. The portions were generous and bread and olive oil sere also very good. Overall a great experience and the belly dancer on Sat night was a lot of fun - first time there and we took out of town guests who were very impressed and want to come back next year. Our waitress had only been on the job for 3 days and she was great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014I enjoyed EVERYTHING about this restaurant. The food and wine were amazing. The service is top notch. This was some of the BEST Greek food I have ever had. I will tell all my friends!!!Special Features:
- DelightfulMbordelonDined on 5/22/2014This was my first time at Ammos. We were quickly seated and our server was at our table within the minute to introduce herself and get our drink order. The food was delicious! And the Greek red wine (a syrah) was not bad. The service was well timed - not too fast or slow and we were allowed to linger and talk. Delightful evening - we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Ammos Authentic Greek Cuisine reviews archive.
- LuvgreatfoodDined on 5/11/2014Our Mother's Day dinner experience was great! Petar was our waiter and couldn't have been better. The food was plentiful and delicious. We will be back for special events. Wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014My wife and I have been going to Ammos for about two years and we love it. The food is very good and the service is always great. The restaurant is owned by a very nice family that really makes you feel welcome.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/1/2014Good food, not outstanding for the price, but left satisfied. My companion had an upset stomach later that night, but there is no way to know if it was related to his dinner (meat lover's platter) or just a fluke. Our waitress was very friendly and was professional. We would probably return.
- Good Greek Food...but very noisyScottDined on 4/12/2014The food is good, but the restaurant itself is very noisy. If you are looking for quiet, this isn' the place. The server was very good, but the kitchen didn't help much. My wife's appetizer, dolmades, came out before mine, which a simple cup of soup. it was a good five minutes betweeen the arrival of both appetizers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superlative food and ambience119PulleyDined on 4/6/2014Our first visit to Ammos fulfilled all expectations and then some. We were greeted and served with warmth and consideration. The range of Greek food on the menu was extensive and appealing. The presentation was beautiful. Each bite of food delighted the taste buds. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2014Recommended by a friend and was not disappointed. This is definitely in my top 3 restaurants in VB. The place was hopping but the service was still spot on. The food was fantastic authentic Greek and the Greek wine pairing was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.