412 South 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amisphilly.com/
- Phone: (215) 732-2647
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday:5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00am
Sunday 5:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.
Sunday Brunch 10:00a.m -2:00p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Brad Spence
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: .
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com -215-763-0920x
- Special Events: Please call to reserve tables for 6 or more. We can accomodate parties of 6 to 80.
A word from Amis
Simple small dishes, clean flavors, nothing hidden...old school cooking at it's best. This is the stuff that makes people feel good & puts a smile on their face.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Amis reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (181)neighborhood gem (124)special occasion (78)hot spot (63)romantic (53)good for groups (48)notable wine list (46)vibrant bar scene (35)great for brunch (29)great for outdoor dining (24)great for lunch (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Saturday night at AmisOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014Food was delicious and service was great. It was very loud due to the smallness of the space but a fun and lively atmosphere. The swordfish meatballs over polenta were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different and delicious!DeelongVIPDined on 11/15/2014We sampled a number of things, but the best were the Brussels sprouts, and the finale-- polenta cake with whipped cream and caramelized popcorn! Wines are profound.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Goog restaurant with good food and good wineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Like I said in the tittle this restaurant aside of it's contemporary cachet inside offer a great food and great wine. The service is perfect, timely and ready to assist. The only dark point IMHO was the level of noise. But this is just a small detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food, really slow serviceLadyCheetahVIPDined on 11/10/2014Went to Amis on Monday night before an event at the Kimmel Center. The food was pretty average and the service was very slow. It took more than 10 minutes for my dining partner to get a glass of wine. Our bruschetta appetizer took more than 20 minutes to come out. Way too long after we ordered. I hadn't been there for quite some time and now I remember why. I would not go back.
- Perfect mealJrosDined on 11/8/2014From the neat list of craft beers, to the small plates that we all sampled, to the awesome entrees and desserts, we had a great and fun family meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flour+Eggs+Talent=AWESOME!bogeyDined on 11/8/2014Our reservation was for 5:30 on Saturday and within the next 20 minutes or so, the whole place was full, so one might want to get there earlier rather than later. Our server was friendly and helpful. The house-made mortadella was rich and flavorful and the sweetbreads were lightly crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside and melted in our mouths! And the PASTA! We had the cacio e pepe, so rich and toothsome, and the duck bolognese, tender pasta bursting with flavor! The atmosphere was vibrant, if a bit noisy. This is a better place for a fun get-together than an intimate dinner, but with your mouth filled with such fantastic food, who needs to talk? Note that your bill will come with an option to donate to the Vetri Foundation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Arrived ColdNASAKenVIPDined on 11/7/2014All three (3) dishes arrived cold (too long on the pick-up counter), but well prepared and tasty, especially the truffles and butter on pasta. I mentioned the temperature issue to my bartender/server about all the food arriving cold to which he responded "Oh"..........nothing further.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Good FoodPhillyPhoodieVIPDined on 11/7/2014I liked the atmosphere. The music was great classic rock. The mozzarella app was very good. The pork chop was the biggest and thickest I have ever seen. The chicken sausage was good. Pear cake for dessert was really delish. I don't know why but I wouldn't go back. The food wasn't outstanding and for those prices I expect outstanding. We got there at 5 so there was only one other party there but the tables were so close together that I would HATE to be there at prime time. I'm sure it would be loud and uncomfortableSpecial Features:
- Will try againOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/31/2014Very nice bar and love the open kitchen, lots of energy. We were then seated in a corner with about 3 inches between tables, almost impossible to get out! Much nicer tables were available. Horrible overhead lighting. Should have stayed at the bar. Appetizers were excellent, loved the quail, cauliflower, and ricotta bruschetta was one of the best I've ever had. Bread was seasoned and grilled perfectly. Meatballs were tasty a little too much salt. Dinner entrees were good not spectacular. Pasta special was spicy even though we were told it wasn't but it was very good. The lamb was a bit greasy and the potatoes were too large and very dry, needed an au jus or something. Desserts, loved the olive oil cake, unique! rice pudding was excellent .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatpackardgrandeDined on 10/30/2014Sat at the chef's table...definitely a must. Randomly shared various dishes with us throughout our meal. Tried the new brisket pasta with root veg and it was some of the best pasta I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful every timeDebbVIPDined on 10/30/2014Wonderful service and food Only hesitations is red wine serviced too warm and too many dishes had pork products mixed in such as turkey sausage etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a fine dinnerThunderSamVIPDined on 10/25/2014I visited this place after enjoying some the other restaurants by Mark Vetri. Amis didn't disappoint. The flavor palette is very similar to what you'd get at Vetri or Osteria, and the quality of the food is high. I also recommend the chocolate dessert (i forget the name, but it's a chocolate cake with cooled chocolate syrup and cherries), which was awesome.Special Features:
- Amis please!KjwdVIPDined on 10/24/2014This restaurant is still one of my top 10 favorites in Philadelphia. The service is wonderful, the staff professional and knowledgeable and the food makes you wanting to come back for more! Like the following day!! Portions are on the smaller size, almost like tapas and meant to share. Delicious lamb special that evening served in various ways. We ordered the lamb stuffed cabbage and it was comfort food served top notch. Always get a pasta, a must, and one of the starter bruschetta's. Love the escarole salad, def Brussels sprouts and any of the secondi choices. Excellent cocktails and great wine list. If you can't get a table, get a seat at the bar, even better on a date. Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/23/2014Great place. Food was outstanding, service was equal. Very interesting menu and wine list. Very nice decor and great ambiance. Would go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Small plate appetizers outstandingdineoftenVIPDined on 10/23/2014Excellent waiter -- personable and very knowledgeable of their beers, wines and food. He offered very good recommendations. For our party of four we all shared 4 of the small plate appetizers. They were each outstanding. The main course entrees however were disappointing by comparison.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful, interesting menu!BobbyEDined on 10/21/2014Always delicious and unusual ingredients, but not overly intimidating. Very helpful wait staff. Bartenders are amazing...get a martini!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent birthday brunch!teenagewitch1Dined on 10/19/2014Everything is great, the food especially. I ordered the mozzarella with pumpkin and pesto as a starter, and the polenta pancake as my entree. I was not disappointed. The server I had was a tad bit slow, but everyone's nicety made up for it. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best in the citygeedubVIPDined on 10/18/2014always great, one of our favorites; never thought I could have so much fun with a meatball; order apps for the table and share, you'll lover items you might never order!Special Features:
- choachobarDined on 10/18/2014Hi, I live in the Philly area and often travel the country on business so I go to many bars and restaurants. We enjoyed Amis’s menu items, food was good, the service was good, and the décor was nice. I know you are in the business to make money but we felt rushed and there was a lack of dining atmosphere or total experience. We did have an early dinner but we were in and out in 65 minutes just not what we’re use to when it comes to finer dining. Still number one for us is SoBou NOLA for bar/restaurant dining. At some point we will try Vetri’s, we couldn’t get in last weekend, and see how that stacks up to our favorite restaurant in the country Commanders Palace. Thanks again for dinner, no put downs, just trying to make you better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmisjfoodDined on 10/17/2014The cocktail I ordered (Fall belini) was one of the best I have ever had. The food was delicious. Service was good, despite how busy it was. It was very loud, but we didn't mind. If you do not like dining in a loud atmosphere, you might want to avoid eating here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't have a conversation heremonkeyfrogDined on 10/16/2014The noise level was so extreme that it made for a less than relaxing or enjoyable evening. I had to lean half-way across the table to hear my husband, we both had to almost yell to hear each other, and the waiter had also to practically yell for us to hear him. For us, a meal means not just good food, but also good conversation, and that was not possible. Otherwise, reasonably good food, although we have had better. Insipid bread; not certain whether the squid were really squid: there was an off-putting slightly offal-like smell when the dish arrived. On the other hand, once we started eating it, we could not tell about the smell, and the dish was very tasty. Fried cauliflower was oversalted; chicken was good. A+ service!Special Features:
- Love it!KManariDined on 10/15/2014We went for a birthday celebration and the hostess was WONDERFUL in helping me get drinks to the table before everyone arrived. We love love love the food. We'll be back over and over again.Special Features:
- Amis Is An Old City, Treasured FindFoodieOnSkatesDined on 10/11/2014Don't miss Amis! The atmosphere, the food, and the service is impeccable. We shared the brussels, pork chop, jalapeno pasta, and the pecorino cheese. All was delicious. We had a couple of hiccups during the meal and there were handled magnificently. I have no complaints for suggestsion for Amis. They know how to treat their patrons. Oh, and don't miss the Tiramisu if they have it. You may need to ask for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love itmofoodDined on 10/10/2014great food good for large group for sharing more dishes will be beck soonSpecial Features:
- Divinely Delicious!FruitFulVIPDined on 10/8/2014The small plate concept works exceedingly well here. The mozzarella bruscetta is fabulous and so creamy on the lightly toasted bread served with it. Sweetbreads, for those who eat such things, were tender and tasty without being overly salty. Swordfish meatballs, sounding very odd, were absolutely delicious with a very unique and subtle fish taste. Dessert was the hit of the evening with a tartuffo type creamy gelatto confection that took 2 of us to eat most happily. Service was attentive without being overbearing. We will be back again soon, but never on a weekend. We were there mid-week, and the noise level was barely tolerable. Weekends are over the top noise level wise.Special Features:
- Good food, odd layoutJareenDined on 10/3/2014The food is very good, and the house wine is good enough, so that getting the carafe for 2 people offers good value. You must try the polenta and swordfish meatballs. The entree I got was a rigatoni with some pork which I found gamey. The only problem was the layout. The 2 person tables are a bit long, but placed elbow-to-elbow, so you will likely be closer to the person next you than the person you came with. This makes it hard to have a conversation. I would come again, but maybe during an "off peak" time, if there is one.
- It has been a while...NYCPHLVIPDined on 10/1/2014New items on menu; many vegetarian-friendly! Eric was a wonderful server! Wednesday night so not as busy but still loud noise-wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!AliciaPDined on 10/1/2014My friends and I really enjoyed our first experience at Amis. Our server was incredibly knowledgeable and the food was great - a bit too salty for my specific taste, but very delicious and flavorful. Outdoor seating was great on one of the last warmer nights. Great experience overall!!Special Features:
- Never DissapointsReluctantFoodieVIPDined on 9/30/2014We visit this gem frequently. Friendly knowledgeable staff. Vibe is casual. The food, from presentation to palette, is consistently high quality. on a budget? don't sleep on the carafe of house red. Snag a kitchen counter seat to enjoy the performance art of preparing your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningRomanfoodeverDined on 9/30/2014Amis is excellent. Outstanding food, great service and attention to details and customers. I took a group of colleagues there and, as always, I made an impression.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!BillrVIPDined on 9/27/2014Reliably awesome every time. Love to sit at the bar, taste different beers and have a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must GopmizzleDined on 9/26/2014Great cocktails, good wine, amazing food dish after dish, energetic modern atmosphere, fantastic service, and fun. If the cockles are on the menu when you go I highly recommend them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Amis never disappoints. Marc Vetri is without a doubt the best chef in Phila. by a long shot. The menu is so varied, interesting, and delicious. The service is warm and impeccable. The tiramisu is a dream! My only complaint is that some of the food is much too salty. I had the papardelle with pork ragu special. I loved it except for the heavy use of salt. I have noticed this problem before at Amis and hope they correct it.Special Features:
- Great for Brunch Too!TJMoirVIPDined on 9/21/2014We have dinner at Amis all the time, but never brunch. Wow, what a great experience. The brunch food was amazing, interesting dishes with great flavor and presentation. The service and cocktails were fantastic too. Thanks to Eric for great service during the day.Special Features:
- The menu's getting boringNewsyrobVIPDined on 9/21/2014I've had brunch at Amis at least four times in the past year, and the menu has barely changed. In addition, I don't eat meat, and I find the options are quite limited.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014Great, as always. Just a bit too salty this time.Special Features:
- As advertised!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014This place was as good as everyone said and better! I think that this is one of the best restaurants I have been to in Philadelphia. Apps were delicious (Squid, Meatballs, Fried Cauliflower). Entrees were Salmon dish that was a special and pork chops, both were great. Last but not least, the tiramisu was fantastic. Overall a really good find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014We went to enjoy a great meal, which we received completely. Our server was new but acceptable but the noise level was so loud that we could not talk We would return but not sit by the barSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything great - Service Superb!DonotOwnaKitchenVIPDined on 9/16/2014I eat here too often, but hard not to. The food is great, love the atmosphere and the service is always perfect. The manager always come by the table and welcomes us by name. The servers are great - really hard to beat this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing brunch!GinaDDined on 9/14/2014I would highly recommend Amis to anyone for brunch! I was very surprised it wasn't packed because the food was amazing! I can't wait to go back and this time try the dinner menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.