412 South 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amisphilly.com/
- Phone: 2157322647x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday:5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00am
Sunday 5:00p.m. - 10:00p.m.
Sunday Brunch 10:00a.m -2:00p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Brad Spence
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: .
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org -215-763-0920x
- Special Events: Please call to reserve tables for 6 or more. We can accomodate parties of 6 to 80.
A word from Amis
Simple small dishes, clean flavors, nothing hidden...old school cooking at it's best. This is the stuff that makes people feel good & puts a smile on their face.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amis reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (153)neighborhood gem (108)special occasion (72)hot spot (46)romantic (44)good for groups (28)notable wine list (27)vibrant bar scene (26)great for outdoor dining (25)great for brunch (25)late-night find (9)great for lunch (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Not for the Lactose IntolerantBarbaraManDined on 8/31/2014We went for brunch. The menu is limited and most things have cheese. Stay away if you are lactose intolerant. There really aren't any healthy options. I enjoyed the warm salad the and the bruschetta. We didn't have the bread basket, but it looked very good. Service was attentive.Special Features:
- Fresh, innovative ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Everything at our dinner was fantastic. We had the baked pecorino with almonds and honey to start, with the straciatella crostini. The later came with delicious heirloom tomatoes and the most delicious fresh ricotta I have ever had. The pasta was excellent, seved with a veal bolognese that was delicious. We finished with a delicious stone fruit cobbler. Our server was great, friendly and with great suggestions. The only quibble I had was the noise level--too loud. Overall, one of the best meals I have had in philadelphia (I have lived here for 20 years.Special Features:
- Birthday Celebration.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Got to Amis around 45 minutes early. Sat at bar for a drink and then was told we could sit for dinner when we were ready. Server was very attentive. Food was brought in a timely manner and was excellent.Swordfish meatballs were great. Eggplant appetizer was also top shelf. My wife had Scallops which were perfect and I had the braised veal which was a little salty for me. Wish I had the Pork Chop which looked great. Dessert was Belgian Waffle , wonderful and finished off a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverVIPDined on 8/27/2014The food is very good! It is just very noisy at the restaurant. Cocktail is good and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Awesome Dinner at AmisBaltPhillyFoodieVIPDined on 8/23/2014The appetizers we ordered were the veal tartare (amazing), the cockles with corn and chorizo (great), the swordfish meatballs on polenta (super awesome and interesting), the pork belly with stone fruit (very nice contrast in flavors), and the baked pecorino with almond honey. For entrees the tonnarelli "cacio e pepe" with pecorino and black pepper. We also ordered 2 orders of the lamb shoulder with potatoes and also a pork chop cooked medium rare. The lamb was unreal, they roast the shoulder after brining it then shred it then make a nice steak and throw it on the flat top to get it hot again and crisp up the outside, just super enjoyable to eat. The pork chop was at least an inch thick and cooked medium rare.Special Features:
- AbeCDined on 8/23/2014The wait staff was excellent and the food so darn yummy!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience but average foodMikeDined on 8/21/2014I had high expectations for my first Vetri visit but the food was pretty average. The atmosphere and servers were great.
- Excellent variaty!!ALROVIPDined on 8/20/2014Excellent food, gourmet italian dishes. We really enjoyed. The wine was not the best though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingFineDining1VIPDined on 8/19/2014The service, food and atmosphere at Amis are excellent. You can enjoy a meal fit for foodies at a fair price. Enjoy the excellence.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Excellent meal with awesome service. Small space, can get loud.Special Features:
- Yo, Farrell - happiness is Amis!CrustyCurmudgeonVIPDined on 8/17/2014La vita è buona. We hadn't been back in too long & were very pleased to have been remembered anyway. Sunday dinner at Amis is how we put off dealing with Monday - we just focus on the experience. Order course by course & savor the presentation, aromas, taste & feel of each bite. Squid w/ potatoes & hot peppers...oooh! 3 great pecorinos (hard, soft, in-between)...yes! Sweetbreads w/almond dust & fennel marmalade...incredible! Brussels sprouts w/lemon, fresh corn & Jersey tomatoes - farm to table's not a fad, it's just what's for dinner. With what may be the best house wines in town and just one more course (pasta), it was another superb evening at Amis (always is). This is simply great stuff, inizio a fine! I gotta learn to speak Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome brunch!NoelVIPDined on 8/17/2014We love the brunch food here! It is definitely mostly on the rich & heavy side, but absolutely delish! It is always pretty empty for brunch/lunch on weekends, which is very strange considering how amazing the food is. The atmosphere is great, the restaurant is very pretty. Service is decent. Mimosas and fresh squeezed OJ is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic Roman in PhillyMoltoMerrillDined on 8/14/2014Whenever I dine at Amis, I'm sorry my stomach isn't bigger. I never miss the almond-dusted sweetbreads and on our most recent visit, the fettuccine with corn and scallions was to die for. As was the Amish chicken--in the form of both the chicken liver pate starter and the grilled chicken main course. The pate was so fab, I took an additional serving home, even though I was staying in a hotel! Amis thoughtfully wrapped it to fit in our minibar. My most fervent wish would be to have an Amis outpost in NYC. Any thoughts about this, Mr. Vetri?????Special Features:
- 3rd time not a charmOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014Have been here twice before and the food was exceptional as well as the service. The only turn off then was the high noise level. This time the food was good but portions seemed exceptionally small. I don't like large portions, but these were tooooo small. We left hungry. Service was not very good as we waited a very long time to order drinks and then again to order dinner. Then the dinner came out in a couple minutes! Had to have been prepared way ahead?! But it was al dente and good.
- Michael L. Kay, mdbonbonDined on 8/14/2014fabulous food, service and ambiance...Sal's meatballs were fabulous, as were all the other dishes we had. Definitely cannot wait to go back.. thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aly332sDined on 8/12/2014Everything we shared was excellent.Must tries: the bucatini with jalapeños and almonds and the swordfish meatballs. Service was great. The waiter brought out extra bread with our small plates which was much appreciated. I do agree with reviews below that prices were overall too high for the amount/quality of food served.Special Features:
- Awesome dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Food very flavorful, service very attentive, great atmosphere. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What is happening?phillydocDined on 8/10/2014Brunch is usually the absolutely best, but they seemed to have slacked off on their breakfast basket. The items were routine; not so very special as they were our last visit. The same sort of experience happened when we recently went to dinner here. Not sure what has taken place but something is going on. Still very good and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousFoodie4444Dined on 8/10/2014The brunch at Amis was absolutely amazing. The bread basket is a must and you can't go wrong with the entrees. I'll be craving their coffee for a month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerBuddieDined on 8/9/2014Great food and service. Swordfish meatballs are special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/8/2014Amis is a great example of accessible fine dining. No pretentiousness just great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014Thinking about the best meals we have had over the past two years in Philadelphia led us back to Amis to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were not disappointed. Excellent food and service once again.Special Features:
- Too too noisyRonnaDonna1VIPDined on 8/7/2014We had to shout over the table to be heard. The food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014Disappointed. We were seated next to another couple, even though there were open tables. Meatballs and salami very disappointing.
- DisappointingYogaGirlDined on 8/6/2014The restaurant was extremely noisy to the point that I could barely hear the waitress, and conversation with my husband was difficult. When we were seated I was hit by the pungent smell of the roasted cauliflower being eaten by the couple next to us and then the strong smell of their scallops. (And I love roasted cauliflower and scallops.) The waitress was prompt but clearly rushed with the bare minimum interaction and no suggestions. Baked pecorino was delicious. Pastas were tasty but not remarkable. Chocolate semifreddo was fine. We will not go back. There are too many great restaurants in Philadelphia.
- Excellent!VinogalDined on 8/4/2014Great meal as always! Service, food, drinks- Amis is always the best of the best in Philly! Loved the scallops on the summer menu. You must try the swordfish meatballs, caccio e pepe, and bucatini with jalapeño. I highly recommend Amis, whether for a weeknight dinner or romantic night out. We were celebrating a birthday and an engagement and the staff couldn't have been friendlier. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely brunchLgleglVIPDined on 8/3/2014From the spicy bloody Mary to the pillows of polenta gnocchi, everything was delicious and served professionally. We started with the bread basket of house made muffins, breads and other goodies including sweet butter and a strawberry rhubarb preserve. Next came the "gnocchi" in 2 inch squares with a lovely ragu. Made with polenta rather than potato made them light and fluffy, definitely a nice surprise. We also had the San Marino tomatoes with poached eggs and chorizo. I didn't love these as much as the gnocchi but they were good. The service was attentive but not intrusive. The only negative was the tables are packed so tight it was impossible to have a more intimate conversation or avoid hearing other's.Special Features:
- Delicious pasta and great drinks.HappyDaysDined on 8/2/2014You can't go wrong at Amis foodwise. The Alto cocktail and the pasta with peppers and almond paste are my favorites. There is a great deal of energy in the room. Just beware that, if you're looking for a quiet place, this is not your spot. It's very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!PhillyPhoodDined on 8/2/2014For date night, my husband and I made early reservations at Amis. We order the carafe of house wine, which was very good - and we ordered a few small plates - and ate family-style. Stand outs: the ricotta bruschetta & the rigatoni. Service was attentive and helpful & we had a lovely time. Overall: delicious, upscale food and casual atmosphere.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable dinnerToddDined on 8/2/2014Amis has a great selection and excellent quality and taste. My wife needs Gluten free items and they have a good selection of items that she could pick from. They tables are a little close together so it can be a little louder but still a great dinner spotSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Food was delicious, staff was courteous and well informed, lively atmosphere. Look forward to going again.Special Features:
- VetriSwelksVIPDined on 8/1/2014As always, Vetri does not disappoint. From the impeccable service to the delicious food, everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner at AmisCwoodPaulDined on 8/1/2014This was my first time at Amis and it was a great experience. It's a cozy (but a bit loud) spot. Our server was excellent. She was very friendly and made some great recommendations. We were going to start off with some small plates and then order entrees but we enjoyed the small plates so much we stuck with them all evening. Glad we did because they brought out two complimentary courses as well. Try any of the cheese or home made salami plates. Octopus was yummy as was the pork belly. We shared at least 10 plates and liked every single one.Special Features:
- Great food!BostonIsTheBestDined on 7/26/2014Though the noise level made it hard to hear conversations, the food was excellent, especially the small plates and tagliatelle dishes. I had a salmon tar tar appetizer special that was incredible, an all around great dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IF YOU ARE A FOODIE YOU MUST GO.AnitaDined on 7/25/2014We made last minute,late dinner reservations; called at 8 pm and got a table at 8:45 on a Friday night. The servers, well informed. The food came out quickly and was AMAZING. Everything was bursting with flavor and you don't need volume when it's so good and you order various plates of appetizers and sides to share. The grilled scamorza with tomato marmalade and bread crumbs: perfection! Very nice menu selection and very inventive; not your typical Italian fare. I ordered the olive oil cake, a super moist yet crisp pound cake server with macerated strawberries, fresh whipped cream and black pepper, so different and wonderful. ALL fabulously prepared and SO tasty. Best cup of coffee I ever had, for certain. IF YOU ARE A FOODIE YOU MUST GO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amis experienceCindy2dineDined on 7/24/2014We dined this past week at Amis and it was a wonderful experience. The food was sensational. We started with swordfish meatballs and the salumi plate which were delicious. We the shared two pasta dishes for entrees which were also excellent. To our surprise we were treated to a third pasta on the house! The wait staff was also very good. Even the cappuccino was top notch. We are fussy and highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dining experience!EricVIPDined on 7/23/2014Wow! Amis is truly one of the city's shining hot spots. IMF you are a foodie, then you know the food is spectacular. The service is first rate and the presentation and variety of selections second to none. This was a return visit and was not disappointed. Awesome meal!Special Features:
- LoveLoveLoveLoveoveLoveLoveLoveLoveVIPDined on 7/19/2014LoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/19/2014Great food. Our server was a Little inexperienced. It is loud but fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LTimmonsDined on 7/18/2014Fav neighborhood spot! Very Vegan friendly! Excellent food!Special Features: