New York, NY 10025Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amigosnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 864-1143
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Amigos
Amigos is exactly what you would want it to be: bright, bold, eclectic and fun! Antique mirrors, vintage license plates, old guitars and hubcaps hang from the vibrant green and ocean blue walls, while Day of the Dead artwork adorns the windows in the main dining room. Rust-colored roosters and white tin sheep make their way through the multi-colored Christmas lights dangling from the ceiling, while plastic dolphins and sharks swim in buckets on the bar, waiting to take a dive into a cocktail. Diners can take a seat on the red banquettes lining the bar, pull up a chair at one of the high-top tables, or gather around one of the large communal tables in the main dining area. A 36-seat outdoor terrace will open in the Spring, the perfect spot to enjoy some ultimate nachos with all the fixin’s in the sun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amigos reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great food - great with kidsMom2boysVIPDined on 11/15/2014We had excellent service, the food was delicious and our children were very happy, which always improves the dining experience. They have paper on the tables for drawing and crayons, TV's with lots of different sports on, and a great kids menu. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoveLanaDined on 10/7/2014Love love love this spot!!! It never fails! I'm live in brooklyn and I travel all the way uptown for their margaritas and quesadillasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican foodLillDined on 8/19/2014great food. fun deals. too busy during Monday and Tuesday "deals" at night. my friend was allergic to onions and told the waiter......got a meal fulla onions. she told the waiter and he goes "oh no, what do you want me to do?" oof.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 12 reviews are from the Amigos reviews archive.
- Don't botherGoinon28VIPDined on 6/29/2014One step above taco bell. Choose one of the innumerable alternatives available within two blocks of this place.
- LanaDined on 6/24/2014amazing drinks amazing food. definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amigos, stop breaking my heart!UWSmomVIPDined on 6/1/2014I lived in Mexico for years and I know from Mexican food, and the cook at Amigos has it going on - the food here is DELICIOUS, with flavors that ring true to Mexican 'sazon' with a little groovy twist. The service, however, is a disaster - why bring four out of five drinks? what happened to our dessert order? Those and other questions about the marx-brothers-like service may remain forever unanswered. The waiters are unfailingly nice, but just as unfailingly incompetent, although of course the problem may line somewhere else along the line, so not sure if I want to shoot the messenger. This place has been a gem in a relative food desert, so I want to see it survive, but that will mean improving the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service suckedLuvfoodDined on 5/5/2014The food was very good but the service on the other hand sucked. Waiting for just a waiter to greet you took forever. The worse part in any dining experience is when you have to hunt down your waiter to pay the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible experienceDsc26Dined on 5/5/2014So disappointing! Yes, I understand it was Cinco de Mayo, and yes, I expected service to run a little slower than usual. But I’ve been to PLENTY of restaurants on Cinco de Mayo and never have I experienced the incompetence and idiocy that befell me the other night. After having to request chips and salsa for the table (standard issue at every other Mexican restaurant I've been to), after having to place our order AGAIN 30 minutes after the first time we placed it because our ticket got lost, after waiting 50 minutes for terrible, overly tart, bitter margaritas, after waiting 1 hour and 10 minutes for food that was the WRONG order, and after NEVER receiving our guacamole appetizer, my friends and I left, never to return.
- Good good, decent service.KKatVIPDined on 5/5/2014The overall experience was great, since we were not in a rush. Our waiter was no where to be found for the majority of the meal, but the food was great. Good music, lively ambience. Recommended for groups in no rush to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anne W.AnneDined on 5/5/2014I love the lunch margaritas! Perfect for lunches! yum yum. the food is awesome as well. LOVE the fresh guac!Special Features:
- Neighborhood DelightChristinaVIPDined on 4/21/2014Fish Tacos are really good. The Red Sangria is amazing and the All-day Happy Hour is a bonus. Love that I can just walk. Weekday deals are so worth it All you can eat Taco and Sangria night for $20 is a bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre ExperiencecolmanDined on 4/10/2014The noise was unusually loud. The waiter had an attitude when I joked about being asked for ID, and continued to make snarky remarks, which he apparently thought were funny. Food was good, though.
- An excellent spot for MexicanpopdebeeckVIPDined on 2/14/2014An excellent spot for Mexican food and cocktails for a cheap price!Special Features:
- The margarita came in a tallOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2013The margarita came in a tall glass & tasted like flavored water. A shorter one provided as replacement was little better. Generic food and servers are pleasant, but not attentive.
- I wish the food had been moreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013I wish the food had been more flavorful because the staff and energy were amazing. But as Mexican goes it could be better for the price point.Special Features: