Amici Ristorante - Richmond
3343 West Cary Street
Richmond, VA 23221Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Amici Ristorante - Richmond
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amiciristorante.net/
- Phone: (804) 353-4700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Carlo M. Gaione
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Amici has a private dining room for 30 to 40 people. Perfect for rehearsal dinners, business meetings, birthday parties, anniversaries or other social gatherings. We have semi-private dining for 16 people or 25 people also.
- Cross Street: Freeman & West Cary Streets
- Public Transit: GRTC transit stops two blocks west of Amici at the corner of Nansemond and West Cary Streets.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is parking on the street; parking across the street at Carytown cleaners after 6 pm; and also a public parking deck across the street between Crenshaw and Dooley streets.
A word from Amici Ristorante - Richmond
Mamma mia Amici!! Going on 20 years of business, Amici has been consistently recognized for its simple, Northern Italian cuisine with a twist. Recently redecorated, the ambiance is fresh and light, yet still as romantic as ever. Located in the heart of charming Carytown. "Our aim is for everyone to enjoy their experience so we can enjoy their smiles. This is the Italian way!" Welcome to Amici, Carlo, your host.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Amici Ristorante - Richmond - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Amici Ristorante - Richmond reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (21)romantic (14)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)good for groups (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- YumCymbDined on 11/16/2014The black pasta with smoked trout is amazing. My friends had rockfish with a wonderful cucumber lime saice. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing birthday dinner!Samatee44Dined on 11/9/2014Went here for my husbands birthday dinner. Amazing choice! The salads, the apitizers, the main courses, everything was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for dinnerspiderDined on 10/29/2014Amici is in Carytown which is a great atmosphere. We had a very nice dinner. The asparagus and carpacchio appetizers were excellent as was the soup. Main courses were ok. The veal was the best one. We found the quail and pancetta pasta only ok.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amici was just OKRunnerRickDined on 10/25/2014The service was great however the food was just OK. Appetizers (stuffed peppers :: stuffed prosciutto) were average lacking any pizzaz. Ravioli were luke warm at best. Farfalle (bow tie) pasta was hot, but once again, lacked any ingenuity or flare. I was disappointed.
- restaurant week treatfreqfoodieDined on 10/24/2014Waiter and owner fully answered our menu questions. Food was fabulous. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014Went to Amici for the first time this week for restaurant week and had a great experience. The service was great; prompt and polite. The food was fantastic. The bill was cheap because restaurant week is amazing, but this experience left us knowing that Amici won't disappoint and is worth their regular menu prices. We'll certainly be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumshagyDined on 10/21/2014exncellent in every way, hospitality, service, food presentation, delightful salmon, gorgonzola stuffed peppers and tiramasu. Will go back sooSpecial Features:
- Great during Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2014I went with a friend during Restaurant Week and everything I ate was amazing. They had a very small beer selection, but other than that my courses were great. Best salmon I have ever had...perfectly done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014We love this small restaurant in Carytown. The food is delicious and the staff is very friendly and very professional. After 6:30PM, we park in the dry cleaners parking lot across the street.Special Features:
- Special RequestplaygroupDined on 10/11/2014We made a special request when we made our reservation and they were ready to fulfill it.Special Features:
- Great MealBillyDined on 10/6/2014I was a little concerned on arrival because they had a very slow night but the food and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always treated lik family!quietmanDined on 9/29/2014We have been going to Amici's for years and we are always greeted and welcomed back , like family!! The food is excellent and my wife is almost always able to find her dinner from the specials!! we enjoy the a nice red wine and cap it with one of their homemade deserts . you cant go wrong for any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!HowlerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Amici is always dependable. From entering to exiting, everything is flawless. The specials are always varied and delicious.Special Features:
- Lovely surpriseWhitelinengoodwineDined on 9/19/2014Came to Richmond for parent's weekend at UR (which I attended a few years ago!). Needless to say, Richmond has really changed (for the better)! Booked a reservation here on a Friday night at 6:30 (what was available on a Friday night). We were seated in the bar area which was fine as the small dining room was full. The service was friendly and very good - prompt without feeling rushed. We SE people at the door who were all treated very politely whether or not they had a reservation. The food was excellent (we had carpaccio, caprese salad made with very local tomatoes, filet and grouper). My only warning would be that the carpaccio was more a dried beef version, than plain raw sliced beef, but was still very good. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- JacksonDined on 8/22/2014The food was very good. I would Have rated it higher but they used store bought tomatoes when the farmers market is two blocks away. It ruined a good caprese salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfulHowlerVIPDined on 8/16/2014Amici is clearly one of the best, most dependable restaurants in town. The specials are always spot on delicious. The salads are beautifully presented and perfect sized. The wine selection is outstanding.Special Features:
- Solid Carytown ItalianJKwhiskeyDined on 8/12/2014Took my girlfriend here on the last night of our trip, showed up around 9 on a Tuesday night, so it was almost empty, but the servers were very friendly and professional, and the house foccacia was phenomenal. Food was prepared very quickly (unsurprisingly) and presentation suited the upscale feel of the restaurant. Highly recommended to any couple visiting the Richmond area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmiciifsroddertDined on 8/8/2014The service was impeccable and food was delicious. The wine list was appropriate but not ostentatious, overwhelming or exorbitantly priced. My wife and I had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014The food, service and ambience were very good. The quality and taste of the food was exceptional. The food was pricey considering the amount of food you recieved.Special Features:
- Great Italian RestaurantLetsgoski2006VIPDined on 8/1/2014We love going to Amici for dinner at least once a month. The pasta is homemade and delicious. They frequently change the menu with more delicious foods to try. The staff is friendly and fun.Special Features:
- The following 242 reviews are from the Amici Ristorante - Richmond reviews archive.
- Pasta Perfection Right in Carytown!DiningOutDivaDined on 7/22/2014From food to service, this quaint little spot always shines! The rosemary flavored pasta is both unique and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Carytown's great secretschrisDined on 7/7/2014Every time my wife and I have had the great opportunity to enjoy Amici, we have opted for the four-course meal where the chef chooses what you will be served. It's hard for me to imagine any other way to enjoy this restaurant. Each course has been very well made, very flavorful, and paired with a great wine. I imagine their "normal" entrees are fantastic, but it's such a treat to have so many fantastic surprises in one meal.Special Features:
- I usually love everything hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Every time has been great. Unfortunately, my last visit on Sat, 6/21 had me a little disappointed. I had a LivingSocial promo code from my mother for dinner that she bought for $20 that was good for $40 when we used it. When the waitress came back with only $20 taken off instead of $40 I questioned it and she said that because it was expired, she only took off $20. I hardly ever use promo deals like this and I always check the expiration dates before I go. I am 99% sure that it didn't expire until 2018. If it was expired, I don't expect any discount, but if it's still valid but treated as invalid because the total bill won't be as big to tip off of by honoring it, that's shady. I'd make sure to tip accordingly either way.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/15/2014Wonderful evening! We had a Father's Day celebration!Special Features:
- DrlipidDined on 6/4/2014Gazpacho was fresh and the black spaghetti with smoked trout with a cream sauce was a different and delicious mealSpecial Features:
- Amici RistoranteFundineDined on 5/15/2014Amici is a classy, small restaurant. The staff is very friendly and attentive. Food is delicious. Wonderful spot to enjoy a special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THANK YOU!acevedo762Dined on 5/11/2014Not only was it Mother's Day (5/11/14) but my daughter graduated college on the same day.. doesn't get much better than that. We had a group of 17 for lunch & what a great experience.. they did a great job handling such a large rowdy group (:)).. the food was excellent, thanks a lot for a great lunch experience.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014It was our first time but not our last. Food and atmosphere was excellent. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2014My boyfriend and I had a wonderful dinner at Amici's during a Saturday night, Restaurant Week. Great Restaurant Week selections. For 3 courses for $25 each, it was a great deal. My boyfriend loved their pork entree. I had pasta for my entree, not great but a good taste and portion. My boyfriend LOVED his salad as the first course. I had fried artichoke. We both had chocolate moose for dessert. Overall, romantic and delicious meal.Special Features:
- restaurant week bummerlking4nuplace2dineDined on 4/24/2014Seated right away. Server forgot to bring beer ordered and out of wine listed on menu. Appetizer lacked flavor, enter did not have ingredients listed in menu. Server spent most of time laughing with table next to us instead of delivering orders. Would probably not visit again.Special Features:
- DisappointmentdesPagesDined on 4/23/2014We dined here during Restaurant Week and were very disappointed. We had different appetizers: my husband's (fried artichokes) was warm rather than hot, mine was out-of-the-fridge cold and not as described (a different cheese). The pasta was not memorable, the braised calf's cheek was not tender, and served with a gravy rather than a sauce. One dessert was very good, the other was described as a creme brulee, but was a slice of flan. We were rushed, main courses arrived before we finished our appetizers. There were three different wait staff, resulting in our getting the bill rather than requested coffee immediately after dessert. Our entire dining experience, for three course and wine ordered before the meal, was over in one hour.
- wonderful pastaaem1Dined on 4/22/2014I had guests in from out of town and I brought them here for restaurant week. Everything we ate was fabulous and I will come back to Try the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaulDined on 4/19/2014The food and the service were "as good as it gets". We will be returning. PaulSpecial Features:
- Love Amici!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Amici is my go to restaurant for a long wine-y lunch - always creative, fresh and beautifully presented dishes. I have never been disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amici - always fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2014I've dined at Amici's for years and am never disappointed! The food and service are always extraordinary. If you have never been - go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food consistentlyTasterDined on 3/25/2014Amici provides a small, intimate environment with superbly prepared food. Having been to Amici several times, I have never encountered a bad choice on their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amici is worth the tripOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014Great food great staff. All in all a wonderful experience. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceWillreturnDined on 3/7/2014We went to Amici for the first time to celebrate a wedding anniversary and found the food and the service to be outstanding. This was one of the best meals we have had in Richmond in many years. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food.corvairDined on 3/1/2014Always enjoy an evening at Amici! Very good northern Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable eveningLilyDined on 2/16/2014I had not been to Amici in many years but loved all about the evening - the welcoming owner and staff, the fresh pasta, wine, and expanded space. Amici has been around for a long time and get bypassed in favor of the newcomers on the scene, but I definitely want to go back more often. The chocolate mousse was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.