111 North Washington Street
Boston, MA 02114Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amicisnorthend.com/
- Phone: 6177422998
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
We will open for parties of 25 or more on days we are not scheduled to open.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We have party trays. Please call for more information and/or pricing.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private downstairs dining room
- Private Party Contact: Lynn Bova 617-742-2998
- Cross Street: Commercial
- Public Transit: Take the orange line to North Station and we are directly across the street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is a parking lot directly across the street (on North Washington Street)and one at the end of North Washington Street (a one minute walk).
A word from Amici Restaurant
Welcome to Amici Restaurant, where friends meet friends, in the heart of Boston's historic North End. Located on the Rose Kennedy Greenway just a few minutes away from the TD BankNorth Garden and accessible to many T stops. Ours is one of the few family run restaurants around. We are open for dinner on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. We are also open for dinner on TD BankNorth concerts and Celtics Home games and welcome private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amici Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)romantic (6)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (3)special occasion (3)good for groups (3)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Dinner before a Bruins gameSuziqbDined on 10/11/2014There were plenty of open tables. Food was good, service was good and prices were very reasonable. Although would not travel into Boston just to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingVinalDined on 10/10/2014Very tight seating, I was near the door so cold air kept coming in and I kept getting bumped as people entered. Short staffed so slow for serving of the main entrées. Veal Valdostana was good but Shrimp Alfredo was less than impressive. Credit Card machine broke so they had to call in every card which slowed checkout, not their fault but critical as most folks were heading to a concert. Probably try someplace different next time. On a positive note they are located very close to TD Garden.
- close to the GardenElpesoteVIPDined on 10/10/2014Amici's close proximity to the TD Garden makes it the perfect spot for a pre event dinner which is what we did the night we attended the Fleetwood Mac concert. Made 5:30 reservations(which are a must here, it is very small). It was a leisurely 25 minute walk thru the North End from our B&B on the harbor. Immediately seated with waitress arriving a couple minutes later to take our drink order. Ordered shrimp scampi and shrimp Grand Marnier as appetizers. followed by Caesar salad with homemade dressing, then Veal Romano; veal scallopini rolled, lightly breaded w/prosciutto fontina cheese, artichokes, mushrooms, mozzarella in sherry wine sauce. Wife had Farfalla Con Pancetta. Everything, from beginning to end was Absolutely Delicious!Special Features:
- poor service, delicious food.PoorserviceDined on 9/27/2014It took 30 minutes to order, one person was skipped in the drink order, and our card was lost at the end of the night. The gratuity was already added at 20%, which we would not have chosen to pay were we left to decide.
- fair food, horrible servicecchicDined on 9/27/2014Sure it was a Saturday evening- but the place was horribly hot, crowded and very loud. Small space with lots of people crammed in. Servers were focused on local friends of the owners and comped some of their bill for the long delay/heat but certainly didn't do that for everyone. Food was not up to North End standards. Would not go back when there are so many better options.
- Not great and over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I wouldn't go again. It's really overpriced for the quality of food. The bread is terrible.Special Features:
- North Ends Best ! ! !VinnyDined on 9/20/2014You will not go home hungry after a dinner at Amicis. The food is cooked to order to its always hot and always amazing. Go there once and you will be hooked. Best spot in the North End ! ! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new favorite north end spotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Both my husband I agree that this it by far the best we have had in the north end for a chicken dish. We both had chicken prepared in different ways. Both wonderful!Special Features:
- JohnDined on 8/2/2014As usual, Tracy and her Mom provided a family friendly dining experience. They make you feel like part of their family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good/excellent waitress too!foodie4lifeDined on 8/2/2014We were one of the first to arrive (5 PM) so it was relatively empty. The wait staff greeted us warmly and sat us down. Went over the specials with us, genuinely easygoing and friendly attitude too. We ordered an order of mussels to share to begin and following that up with another shrimp appetizer that had 4 good sized shrimp, both excellent! He had Di Mare (?) which was basically seafood over linguini which looked outstanding. I had veal parmagiana which was also outstanding. Generous portions. We were unrushed and taken care of perfectly. At the end she asked us if we wanted dessert and suggested the homemade cannolis. Being full already, we decided to split one. Excellent and the outside crisp, inside sweet! Will visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North End's Hidden GemAnnunziataDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I took our 3 young kids and couldn't have been made happier by the choices, service, and friendliness. Away from the hustle and bustle of Hanover Street, this little restaurant had delicious, fresh food and a great staff. We definitely plan on going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long food & service wait timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/19/2014Food was poor, took forever for the food to arrive. Bread was awful. Very noisy
- VinnyDined on 7/18/2014Great food and great service, what else could you ask for?Special Features:
- The following 365 reviews are from the Amici Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great meal, friendly serviceBillVIPDined on 6/20/2014Found this little gem based upon TripAdvisor reviews and ratings, and all expectations were exceeded. The food was expertly prepared, and promptly and pleasantly served. Family owned and operated. Will return on our next visit to Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindCLD1VIPDined on 6/6/2014We had an excellent meal on Friday night. The food was excellent. The owner, Mary Ann made us feel at home. We have just moved into the neighborhood and we will make this one of our regular places.Special Features:
- Unpleasant dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014I came here for my graduation celebration on a Saturday night. I had made reservations for my party a month in advance, and got a call from the manager two days before our reservation saying that they wouldn't be able to accommodate us. The manager was completely unapologetic but finally, after a half hour of arguing, agreed to seat us at two separate tables. The appetizers were good. But then one of our tables got their food and the other table had to wait a full half hour before their food arrived. Again, the manager was unapologetic and just said that she had "warned us" about this happening. They filled up our water glasses once the entire dinner. A very unpleasant ending to what was a supposed to be a celebratory day.
- Superb!ItalianDined on 5/9/2014I had a guest from Italy, who visited several restaurants in North End. He found Amici is most authentic Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soMarathonDinerDined on 4/20/2014Went here for a pre Boston Marathon dinner with friends and fellow runners. The food was average and the service was indifferent. I wasn't drinking, but the beer and wine list was also very uninspiring. Based on my experience, I was surprised by the higher ratings on TripAdvisor and OpenTable.
- Party of 9OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2014We were in town for the Boston Marathon. We had a party of 9, the night before the marathon and it was Easter Sunday. I had made a reservation and they were ready for us when we arrived. Their waitstaff was so very kind and very helpful. The food was yummy. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place but a bit smallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014We had a great time at Amici. The food was good and the waitress was really nice. My only problem was that it was very small. We had a group of 5 and it felt like we couldn't move much. With 2 of us sitting on the far end of the table, it was annoying to have people walking by so closely and having to make sure that our feet or arms were not in the way. I would recommend this restaurant for small groups of 3 or dinner between 2 people.Special Features:
- not good at allOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014Went with a group of five people. We were not impressed. The pasta sauce was watery and noodles were overcooked. All in all, could have made every single thing that we ordered for far less at home, and it would have tasted much better. These dishes were about 25 a plate, but they should not have cost more than 12 for this poor of quality. One of the chairs at our table was a metal folding chair.
- The food was delicious butMstreatedDined on 4/9/2014The food was delicious but we were disappointed when we ordered coffee. The waitress informed us that there will be "no coffee or dessert this evening !" Then why did she ask us if there would be "anything else?" What difference does it make if we all were going to the concert? We had plenty of time to relax and still make the show. There were 2 gentlemen waiting after us and got the better seats. I don't appreciate being seated near the bathroom. Although the food was great I will not recommend this restaurant.
- We went here with a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014We went here with a group of 15 and the staff was very accommodating! Food was delicious! I would definitely go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never got our dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/27/2014Made reservations for 90 minutes before the Bruins game. After 45 minutes and no food, asked multiple servers to check on our order, kept being told it would be "just a minute", or "almost up". Finally, I think it was the owner, came over and said the chef burned his arm terribly and the food would be up in a minute. I told them we were rushing for the Bruins game. After waiting 75 minutes and 15 minutes before gametime, we just walked out. If they had told us upfront how long it would be, then we could have decided to wait, or leave. Instead, they kept us hanging on waiting one more minute, and as a result we got no food, and were late for the game. I am sorry about the chef, and hope he is okay, but an awful experience for us.
- GREAT food!onethreeDined on 3/21/2014Loved Amici! A must try. Chicken Marsala was delicious and the service was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!MichDined on 3/21/2014I came here with 6 others for a bachelorette party celebration. The waitresses were so kind and acted very excited for the bride! The owners also came and spoke to the bride and set a great tone for the evening. Thanks Amici!Special Features:
- Very GoodPhyl2013Dined on 3/21/2014We picked this restaurant because it had to accomodate a gluten free person in our party. The homemade gluten free pasta was excellent. The entree was rotini with shrimp,rotini and rabi in aioli. It was delicious. One of the others in our party got the veal layered with prociutto, fontina cheese, mozzarella, artichokes, mushrooms in the sherry wine sauce. She couldn't even finish it, the portion was so large. The waite staff was very attentive. All in all it was a great pick. Definitely would go back again.Special Features:
- Close to TD GardenmcreganDined on 3/14/2014This restaurant is close to the TD Garden if you are going to an event there. The service was great and the food was good. They were prompt and we were out in plenty of time to make the game. They seem organized and committed to providing their customer with a good meal. I would eat here again and recommend to friends. The atmosphere is pretty casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diners before abobjDined on 3/8/2014First time diners before a concert at the Garden. Food and service were top notch.
- Game nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2014First time visit for us. Chose it because it had pretty good reviews and it was walking distance to the garden. Four of us ordered meals and we were happy with our choices. The chicken marsala, chicken parm and veal parm were all tasty. While I would not go out of my way to go again, next time I go to the garden it WILL be on my list of choices. We all drank beer (short list) so I cannot speak to wine lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCoCoDined on 3/1/2014We chose this as spot to meet before a Celtics game. The staff was super nice and always available. They handed us a menu and a separate one for specials. The 'special' menu had Home made meatballs... We ordered some but were told the chef decided not to make them....he didn't have time.. Our party had four people and none of us were happy with the food.. It tasted pre-cooked...by days! Nothing tasted fresh, which explained the extremely quick turn over. We ordered the meals and minutes later it arrived. So, with that said, the waitresses were really nice and always there to help. It seemed like we had three waitresses, not one assigned to us. I wish this restaurant's food met the quality of service...
- Comfortably ItalianAllieDined on 2/28/2014Was seated in the area near the door, very cozy. Our server lost a little interest once he realized we weren't going to drink (we were with a good friend that doesn't drink because of religious purposes.) Entrees were pretty good, service was attentive. I'd go back, but not with a large group. It's an intimate setting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food, nice serversKrisDined on 2/14/2014We went on Valentine's Day, when it was obviously very full, and had such horrible luck with transportation that we ended up extremely late for our reservation. We tried to call but their phones go straight to voicemail, although it could have just been for the holiday. Although we were certain they wouldn't serve us, they were so sweet and accommodating that they found a table for us within fifteen minutes and treated us no differently than the other customers. They were a wonderful group of women who were so friendly and funny. The food was also amazing to top off a great holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Valentine's Day DinnerPowerBrewDined on 2/14/2014I made an 8:00pm reservation, showed up at 8:10pm due to traffic, and was asked to wait for about 15 minutes before being seated. Make of that what you will. This restaurant is quite small. The food took about 45 minutes to arrive at the table. The staff is on the plain side, but they refilled our bread which I always appreciate. I had a glass of the cabernet sauvignon, which was excellent The lobster ravioli was a 7.5/10. The portion was generous and the lumps of lobster on top were a nice touch. My date had the chicken parm. I would give that an 8/10, and I am not a big chicken parm guy. The sauce was sweet and the chicken was flattened nicely. Overall we had a pleasant experience, but would not go out of our way to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat next to the owners ofNorthendDined on 2/14/2014Sat next to the owners of the restaurant, on a quiet valentines date, but they were being so loud it disturbed everyone around. Food was not up to par with the restaurants in the north end.
- Great spot for before TD GardenTerryDined on 1/31/2014Short walk to the Garden. Lots of interesting choices and excellent service to get us out in time the Cesar salad and bow tie pasta with peas in cream sauce were excellent. Would go again if in the area. Pinot noir by the glass was excellent according to my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great small place. LocallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/24/2014A great small place. Locally run, attentive service and a great place for dinner with friends and family. We went there in the early evening before a Celtics game and we will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All good... pre-Celtics MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/15/2014Excellent location when attending a TD Garden Event....Family Style Italian...Good selection on the menu...reasonable prices and very tasty food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2014loved the upstairs and downstairs, great food, friendly service and right around the corner from the Boston Garden! Would definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in the North End!PVDtravelerDined on 12/27/2013This was my first experience dining in the North End of Boston. I took my date here before a Boston Bruins game at the TD Banknorth Garden. Being a frequent traveler to the Federal Hil section of Providence for authentic italian dining, I will say that Amici topped all of the italian classics in Federal Hill. The food was simply superb with a very impressive wine list. The atmosphere was perfect for a quiet dinner for two with your special loved one. Would certainly recommend dining in the basement level for an even better romantic occassion. Will definately frequent again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.