326 Broadway Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0S5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$51 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.amiciwpg.com/
- Phone: (204) 943-4997
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:Monday to Friday 11:30 am to 2:00 pm Dinner:Monday - Saturday:5:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Patrick Shrupka
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Amici Restaurant
Amici Restaurant strives to ensure that each and every one of our diners enjoys a memorable dining experience. A large number or our clientele are from all points in North America, dining here while in town on business. These and other clients return because they enjoy our creative meals and atmosphere. Our menu changes on a daily basis, yet we still serve some of our classics regularly. We also like to offer some more exotic dishes such as ostrich, wild boar, bison and venison for those who like to try something new each time they visit. The food is always fresh, ordered from around the world and through local suppliers who seek out the best local produce when it is in season. Our serving staff are careful to fulfill any dietary requests including helping patrons to avoid any foods to which they are allergic. We will also ensure a strict vegetarian meal, if requested. Amici Catering is also available for those who would like to enjoy our serviceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Amici Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Winnipeg ›
Amici Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)fit for foodies (33)romantic (33)good for groups (15)notable wine list (15)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Consistently one of Winnipeg's best restaurants!GaryCoVIPDined on 11/19/2014Delicious lamb chops and seafood. Excellent house salad. Very attentive waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Long-standing Favourite in WinnipegOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/17/2014The service was great, the food was excellent. The large party upstairs was a bit noisy. Everyone of our party commented on how much they enjoyed the food and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceSmokyguyVIPDined on 11/14/2014We had supper at Amicii's. The service was extremely good, but nit over done. The meals were were great. Definitely will come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific evening.BigmidasDined on 11/12/2014Excellent dinner. Service, food, ambience was most enjoyable. Ask for table #32 if there's only two of you.Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurantfinedinerDined on 11/1/2014I take my friend there each year (as she also does for me) for our birthdays. We always received very attentive service and the pasta dish I always order is the best I've ever had and I've eaten at many Italian restaurants. The atmosphere is elegant as well as very comfortable (we love our table #32). Every year my friend and I try to think of another restaurant to celebrate our birthdays for a change but we can't think of one and happily go back to our tried and true.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Amici is one of Winnipeg's finest restaurants. The food and service is just right. The duck was to die for and the veggies done perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceSocialDinerDined on 10/25/2014The food was wonderful. Our server was incredibly polite and was legitimately interested in what we were looking to eat and drink.Special Features:
- fun evening at Amici's!LesterDined on 10/23/2014Nice spot to entertain clients! Good variety to the menu, great service, a nice hidden gem downtown. A bit noisy but located on 2 levels which helps. Will recommend for sure. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 807timboDined on 10/10/2014Food was well prepared and delicious with a very interesting daily menu. Service was outstanding, attentive but not cloyingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was not offended...EasterratDined on 10/4/2014...but I was not blown away by anything. Good service but not spectacular. The decor is atrocious and needs to be updated at that price point.
- Excellent Service!GuinnessDined on 9/30/2014My wife & I dined at Amici on Tues 30 Sept 2014. We had the 5-course meal Groupon. The food was excellent! We really enjoyed it all! More of the reason for my email is to say what amazing service we had. Rawle was our server. He was attentive, friendly, courteous and a down-right nice gentleman. From the moment he talked with us at the front desk, to seating us, to taking our order, he was just excellent. We haven't had such good service from a server in quite some time, so I wanted to be sure to pass on these words. Please be sure to let Rawle know, his expertise has definitely encouraged us to visit Amici again in the future - and we hope he'll be our server next time!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014We had a 5 course meal including: 1) Prosciutto-wrapped shrimp with wild mushrooms on soft polenta 2) Carpaccio-vegetable-barley soup 3) Oven-dried tomatoes with buffalo mozzarella and crisp pancetta rings topped with arugula greens and aged balsamic vinegar 4) Double-boned lamb chop served with roasted-garlic-potato puree and pecan pesto 5) Warm pear tart with rum-and-raisin ice cream Though I typically prefer seafood & chicken over red meat, the lamb chop was amazing! All of the food was delicious and beautifully presented. It was a wonderful meal and extraordinary service! We will definitely be back and highly recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceelihDined on 9/27/2014We are never disappointed when we eat at Amici's. The food is always well prepared and presented. The service is pleasant and professional. It is consistently a great dining experience.Special Features:
- kittycatDined on 9/23/2014There was definitely an attitude about being Groupon customers. We have dined here at least twice a year and have always had exemplary service. When we presented our coupon there was a chill! If these people feel they are better than groupon they should not have offered a coupon!Special Features:
- BrentDined on 9/22/2014Food service and ambiance was excellent, only beef (no pun intended) I would have is that my appetizer of shrimp and my main of lamb chops had the exact same beef jus, more like a gravy though, it was tasty but didn't fit with either dish especially the shrimp, might have been better with a butter, lemon, wine sauce, for the lamb I would have preferred more of a jus, not gravy texture. My wife had gnocchi with Italian sausage, again very tasty, sauce was excellent, dessert was lovely tiramisu. Would go back. Very quiet which was nice but it was a MondaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Date NightArowzillianDined on 9/19/2014Wonderful food, very good service and a very pretty place. I found it rather loud at the beginning of our meal (we came in at 8:30 on a Friday) but it quieted down through the night, that was probably just due to several large tables being seated near us. Our waiter was amazing and entertaining and I really enjoyed the meal and had lots of fun!Special Features:
- Consistently greatPegdinerDined on 9/17/2014This is one of the best restaurants in Winnipeg. The food is always fantastic and the service is second to none.Special Features:
- Night out at Amici'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Service is top notch; very attentive. Nice ambience in the restaurant. Nice choice for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to come back to.2ofusDined on 9/9/2014We haven't been there is a while but throughly enjoyed the meal. Service was excellent and ambiance great. We will be back, only sooner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but service very slow!RichardDined on 9/9/2014Went for my dad's birthday. Drinks, appetizer and dinner were good but everything took very long !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!loveforfoodDined on 9/6/2014Always an amazing experience at Amici. Best beef carpaccio in Winnipeg, MB! I would recommend Amici to anyone, especially if you're looking for a quiet, romantic place with high quality food & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just another great night out.SkeeteauDined on 8/30/2014Once again, everything about Amici dining was superb. The ambience is impossible to beat, the service as usual was outstanding, and the food, which is always very good, seemed to be even more deliciously prepared this time. An added bonus was receiving a complimentary desert to help us remember our anniversary. Overall, everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingSpecial2niteDined on 8/30/2014Everything about the meal was outstanding. This is a beautiful place to celebrate a special occasion. Great selection of appetizers and main course. The meal was so tasty and met all of our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet placeGrandmalindaDined on 8/27/2014We went to Amici's on a week night and the place was not busy at all. The service was very good, food was very good and the ambiance was great. It was a semi romantic evening for the two of us and we both really liked this restaurant. We will return. The staff were very friendly, very informative in suggesting a wine choice and a very good description of what the dishes were made up of.Special Features:
- 69 Foodie69FoodieDined on 8/26/2014Excellent 5 course fixed meal experience, with great presentation, service, and dining experience !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive ServiceKatyPerry5Dined on 8/26/2014Although I forget our waiter's name he was incredible hands down one of the best waiters I've ever had! He was polite yet humorous! And his voice was amazingly soft and soothing to listen to! Food was very good and full of flavor. 5 meals and none of us left disappointed including desert! Ambiance was great, I wouldn't say romantic dinner for two ambiance but quiet and relaxing for a small to large group. Only draw back was the washrooms were on a lower level in a "different" restaurant. So unless I missed seeing an elevator very, difficult for a person with a disability to dine upstairs. This was also my first time here though so for all I know the lower restaurant serves all the same food just no view. I will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unassuming, Exceptional restaurantFoodfunDined on 8/23/2014Amici is a gem. Once in awhile you go for dinner and it's an exceptional evening for a variety if reasons. Amici's menu had several choices that all sounded wonderful , it's unfortunate I could only have one! Exceptional food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Food and wine were good. Staff excellent and knew to leave us alone while we talked business.Special Features:
- Wonderful as Always!dhokDined on 8/5/2014Love the food and the ambience. It is our favourite restaurant for special "adults only" celebrations.Special Features:
- Food was Good but PriceyCheapspeedVIPDined on 7/30/2014We tried Amici during Winnipeg Dining Week and had the prix fixe. Even then, the bill for 2 still added up with drinks. The a la carte menu is really too expensive for the quality of food in my opinion. I'm not sure if I will visit again given other options available.
- The following 135 reviews are from the Amici Restaurant reviews archive.
- annaannaDined on 7/25/2014The food and service were excellent. The wine list, however, was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!ShannyDined on 7/25/2014I had experienced Amici's food via catering at a few office events but had not yet dined at the restaurant. The service was exceptional as our waiter was very pleasant and knowledgeable of the menu items as well as the wine. They were very accommodating to requests and the food itself was perfection! I would highly recommend Amici's to anyone who wishes to have a fantastic dining experience.Special Features:
- Great for Business MeetingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Very good restaurant to entertain business guests. Very good service, great menu selection to suit all tastes, quiet location.
- FabulousMrsFDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I both tried the Dine Winnipeg 3 course menu. Appetizer was very good. The duck main was amazing! Dessert was excellent as well. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Wine2muchinforequiredDined on 7/18/2014Would like to see an improved wine list. A smaller list with quality wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & service decor outdatedFungetaways24Dined on 7/14/2014Waiter was excellent and made experience better. Food very good but ambience a little lacking and place was very quiet- Monday night though. Location was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb DiningfoodloverDined on 7/11/2014It is hard too praise the dining experience at Amici's t00 highly. The overall impression is "Excellent". The staff were well-informed, friendly and efficient. The food was superb - and tasty! I would class this as the best dining experience in Winnipeg - and beyond!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- willBbackDined on 7/3/2014We enjoyed dining at Amici's. I have been there for dinner two times in 1 week and the menu has been a great selection both times. A great variety to choose from on the menu. Very good service and you are not rushing to eat. I will return again.Special Features:
- Great place to meet with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2014We will be back. We have friends who travel to Winnipeg from the US (but only in the winter months). I will tell them about your food & serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious fishSimbaDined on 6/21/2014The menu is always great, but the specials are often spectacular. We had the two fish specials; halibut and sea bass. Both melted in your mouth. The serving size is perfect. Always one of our top "go to" restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.