1093 Seven Locks Rd.
Potomac, MD 20854Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amicimieiristorante.com/
- Phone: 3015450966x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:30-10:00pm
Weekend Brunch: 10:30 am-3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Davide Megna
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: CATERING IS ALSO AVAILABLE
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate up to 120 people.
- Private Party Contact: Roberto Deias 301-545-0966x
- Special Events: Amici Miei ristorante will open on Easter Day from 11.30 pm until 9.00 pm.
A word from Amici Miei
Amici Miei is an award winning restaurant, offering authentic Italian cuisine. We offer a wood-burning brick pizza oven, pastas, bread and desserts made daily on the premises. We serve only the finest local and imported meat, fish and produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Amici Miei - Best Restaurants in Potomac ›
Amici Miei reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (21)great for outdoor dining (19)special occasion (9)great for lunch (8)romantic (7)good for groups (7)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wonderful foodTeddyMac56Dined on 8/20/2014Despite its unassuming location in a strip mall, this place has always provided outstanding and enjoyable food! My last visit for a business lunch left all upbeat and commenting on the food. Starting with a Bruchetta to share the freshness of the tomatos and basil on toasted french loaf were evident. Two colleagues had the daily pasta in a meat sauce and proclaimed it very good. I enjoyed a suateeed veal liver in lemon that was expertly cook and delicious as well. Some nice wives at reasonable prices noted. Great spot that I have enjoyed more than a dozen times. Worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ItalianTennisaceVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food as usual was teriffic. The pasta we had was home made, and the fish was fresh and well parpared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MillieDined on 8/15/2014We are practically regulars at Amici Miei and have taken many friends there. This should speak for itself.
- Great for outdoor eating!Sigu4dineDined on 8/9/2014Pasta is amazing, fish perfect, and even better when combined with great wine and friendsSpecial Features:
- Quiet Lunch, Good Food and ServiceVegetarianDined on 8/6/2014A friend and I met for lunch to catch up, so the quiet atmosphere was very welcome. The lunch special was just the right size and a nice amount to spend. The salad was crisp, fresh, and delicious with it's light touch of vinagrette, and they customized my enjoyable sandwich to make it vegetarian. The server was very attentive, unobtrusively keeping our iced tea glasses full. Most of the customers were outdoors, but my friend and I enjoyed the air conditioning and ability to hear each other. The server kept refilling our tea and let us sit and talk for a good hour after we'd finished our meal, which we appreciated. A really nice ladies' lunch, and I plan to return for dinner with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EricDined on 8/2/2014When we arrived there was as many waiters at filled tables, yet we sat with closed menus for 15 minutes as servers passed by. We walked out. The man who sat us said "sorry" as we left but made no effort to retain our business. It is obvious why there were so few tables on a Sat night
- very good foodArtDDined on 7/31/2014Our first visit to this restaurant found a sure hand in the kitchen. Both of us had a grilled whole dorade (sea bream) that was tender yet thoroughly cooked. Appetizer of charred octopus with white beans, cherry tomatoes and onions in a light vinaigrette was also perfectly prepared. House-made fresh spaghetti had a wonderful texture. Wine list was not huge, but offered good variety and was reasonably priced. Service was attentive and correct.Special Features:
- Neighborhood ItalianJohnHVIPDined on 7/21/2014We always enjoy Amici Mei. Service is friendly and attentive. Food is well prepared. We enjoy the ability to order half servings of pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyReturnCustomerDined on 7/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The food was delicious and I highly recommend taking advantage of the specials. Our service was also great. The dress code is a little more casual than we expected which is just fine with us. This is a neighborhood place so come prepared to dine with kids even on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- A slice of ItalyJaneDined on 7/18/2014Went here with friends for a ?Friday night dinner. Food was delicious and service was excellent. We felt as if we were eating in Italy! All great. I would recommend to anyone looking for a great italian meal with comfortable surroundings.Special Features:
- satisfiedVIPDined on 7/13/2014the stuffed quail that was offered as a special was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bernie & HeleneBoinieDined on 7/12/2014Always wonderfully seasoned dishes. Authentic Italian cooking for those who like the real thing. Excellent service as well. Easy access from interstate 270.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish food, enjoyable experienceEllenBDined on 7/11/2014I've been a few times, and each time the food is delicious and looks lovely. The maitre d' and wait staff are welcoming and helpful. A great place for moderately priced Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhylDined on 7/11/2014The best lasagna in town.............................Special Features:
- ExcellentLuluVIPDined on 7/4/2014Food here was always great. Never had a problem..service is great, professional and attentive . Clean and quiet..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvinVIPDined on 6/27/2014Service was excellent and the treatment of the fish on the menu was extremely good. A varied menu for the discerning diner. Well done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesLindaDined on 6/26/2014We love to come to amici Miei . We are assured of excellent food every time, good service, lovely ambience and being able to hear what our friends have to say! It is a bit pricey, so we save it for special occasions.Special Features:
- OutstandingRabelaisDined on 6/24/2014although a local restaurant, the food is better than downtown posh restaurants! Service is excellent and friendly. I have been here many times since they opened and never disappointed. Menu changes frequently. Good for gourmets and excellent variety for youngsters with less sophisitcated taste!Special Features:
- Unpleasant Waiter can ruin dinnerGiGi4204VIPDined on 6/21/2014The food was good but the waiter was arragant and unpleasant. I said, "Having a bad evening?" That put him on notice that he was being unpleasant.
- Pleasant eveningBobGVIPDined on 6/21/2014This was our first visit and it was very pleasant. The food was very good and Ivan did a good job in explaining items and the overall service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spot.JHB52Dined on 6/9/2014I have had dinner many times at Amici Miei and it has always been very good. This was my first lunch and it was also very good. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Dinner at Amici MieicservDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I had dinner at Amici Miei and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal. I had the calamari and shrimp appetizer and my wife had the stuffed prosciutto rolls. There were many good choices and found it hard to choose just two apps,but we were very happy with our choices. For our entree I had the veal scaloppini, and my wife had the ravioli and both meals were excellent and neither of us wanted to share with the other, which is a good sign. For dessert I had the cannoli, which was delicious and my wife had the hazelnut cake. I was very happy with the service and quality of food and will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitmicrosmithDined on 5/11/2014Looking for something for dinner. Saw an older good review and that the restaurant was Italian and not difficult to get to from our house. Result a reservation and a vist. Outstanding! Food was special, the meat and cheese plates among the best we've ever had, staff knowledgeable. In short, a family restaurant that goes way beyond standard fare and will allow you to eat 'authentic old Italian'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still wonderful, but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/10/2014We had not been to Amici MIEI for a couple of years, when their prices suddenly skyrocketed and we could dine as well for less elsewhere. But we returned a couple of nights ago and found the restaurant packed, the food delicious, the service still warm and attentive without being intrusive, and the prices now more in line with other restaurants. Given the portion sizes I feel they should be 10-15% cheaper than they are, but the quality is excellent. For 4 adults we had: a bottle of wine, 2 soups, 4 entrees, 2 desserts and 3 coffees which totaled over $200 including tax and tip. We will return, but not frequently, and continue to order very carefully.Special Features:
- Not a good place to eat!foodfoodieDined on 5/10/2014I was disappointed about this place.. since many places were all booked out, we decided to give this a try. Their eggplant dish was horrible, I accidentally swallowed something foreign that must've fell into it so I stopped eating. I would not recommend this place.Special Features:
- The following 414 reviews are from the Amici Miei reviews archive.
- Dining ExperiencePhaedraMacDined on 5/1/2014My husband and I went there to celebrate his birthday. The atmosphere and the service was excellent! The staff was very attentive and hospitable. My only two disappointments were that his lasagne didn't come with side salad, and my salmon dinner, which was served with steamed spinach and a fava bean purée, was stacked on top of each other and some of the cooking oil from the fish seeped into the spinach. Also, I don't liked food to touch, but that is no reflection on them as I know many restaurant present entrees stacked one on top of the other. Everything else was great! I'd go again; maybe for lunch next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On our "A" listWestbrommickDined on 4/12/2014With so many choices in our immediate (Bethesda) area, we do not dine often at the same restaurant. We continually try new places, and some we do not come back to. But there are a few places we put on our "A" list and return to several times a year. Amici Miei is on that list. It's spacious, the service is old-style professional with a touch of Italian sass, and it's QUIET. That's important when you are more interested in your dining companion than hearing what's going on across the room. The food is very good, from pizza to more sophisticated dishes, and a guy raised on New Jersey Italian restaurants finds it authentic all the way. We ate there the other night, and it stays on our "A" list.Special Features:
- Great for a varied groupOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2014We went to Amici Miei on a Friday night hoping for a special dinner to celebrate my mother's birthday. At the last minute, we found that the grandchildren (ages 5-15) might be able to join us, too. Amici Miei was both able to accommodate the increase in the group, but also had kid-friendly fare. They also seated us in a section where we didn't feel shunted off, but where we didn't have to worry too much about bothering other diners. The food and wine offerings for the adults in the group were quite delicious - good combinations of unusual sauces and vegetables with the main courses. The salmon was perfect. Pizza that the kids had looked great, too. The service was wonderful - so patient and friendly despite our somewhat chaotic group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A piece of Italy!MarianaLVIPDined on 4/5/2014One of our favorite restaurants that is on past with those in DC. Delicious, authentic food in a lively but elegant setting with gracious service. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level just right forA123Dined on 3/31/2014Noise level just right for an older crowd. Food was very good and good variety.Special Features:
- Unimpressed & DisappointedUnimpressedDined on 3/28/2014We went to Amici Miei with high expectations, as we were seeking another nice local restaurant. We were unimpressed. The food was mediocre, and that was the best part of the experience. Other than the host, the wait staff was not particularly friendly. The ambience was rather glum. We won't be going back.
- Nice, friendly, warm restaurant.DCVisitorVIPDined on 3/22/2014Nice, friendly, warm restaurant. Always very welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or missRockEaterVIPDined on 3/22/2014Stick with the basic pastas and sauces and you will be impressed. Anything else will be a disappointment. Really disappointed in the quality of the olive oil provided with the bread.
- Great Service, Good FoodDianeDined on 3/22/2014The wine and desert were excellent. Main dish and salad were not outstanding.Special Features:
- Food fair, service goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2014This restaurant was recommended by a friend who really liked it. We were disappointed. We found it overpriced and the food only fair. The salads were expensive so we expected more. They were average in size, not worth the price. Our table ordered eggplant Parmesan and veal dishes. None of us felt our food was more than fair. The service was excellent, waiter and staff were all very nice.
- Every Neighborhood Needs OneCCWriterDined on 3/8/2014But they aren't usually as luck as the folks who live in this corner of Rockville/Potomac. The two Italian partners have established themselves as host and chef of a creative, consistent neighborhood restaurant that delights in showing off all that Italy has to offer.Special Features:
- Veal scallopini was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/2/2014Veal scallopini was excellent, perfectly cooked and the Branzino as always was great. This time we tried the octopus. It too was excellent, not chewy ! We found out it was fresh from Italy, yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely neighborhood restaurantann472Dined on 3/1/2014Menu is original. Pasta is great. Service is friendly, but professional. It is my go-to place for celebrations.Special Features:
- Thanks for a lovely eveningPat01Dined on 2/24/2014I had a lovely birthday dinner and I will definitely be back again. I particularly enjoyed trhe wild board sausage with polenta and the option to choose gluten free pasta, which was very tasty. Grazie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014You cannot have a better dining experience. Very relaxed atmosphere. Non stop table service all night. We were celebrating a birthday which I noted at the time of reservation and after the check arrived the server told us not to leave as the owner wanted to send us a drink on the house. Turned out it was to celebrate the birthday. All and all, I will be returning here. Pricing was just perfect, food was amazing. Save room for dessert, and try the risotto balls for an appetizerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.