Amerigo - Memphis
1239 Ridgeway Road
Memphis, TN 38119Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Amerigo - Memphis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://amerigo.net/
- Phone: 9017614000x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00-2:00; Lunch Daily: 11:00-4:00; Dinner Monday-Saturday: 4:00-10:00, Sunday 4:00-9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ben Hickey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Whether you're feeding 10 people or 500 people, Amerigo will deliver our fresh, hand-crafted meals right to your door! Family-style salads and made-to-order pastas make the perfect meal for your meeting or special event. We will also cater for large off-site events, such as wedding receptions and holiday parties.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining space is available for groups up to 40 people. The room can be divided to seat 20 guests on each side. Audio Visual Screen, wireless internet and customized menu service is available at no extra charge. Give us a call today for your next meeting or special event!
- Private Party Contact: Allison Swan 9018484009x
A word from Amerigo - Memphis
Amerigo is a casual, energetic, affordable neighborhood Italian restaurant serving a blend of traditional and modern Italian cuisine. Authentic pastas, hand-made pizzas, fresh seafood and wood-fired steaks offer something for everyone at Amerigo. Our restaurant is warm and inviting, with friendly yet professional service. Whether it be a romantic dinner for two, or a family reunion for fifty, allow us to provide you with an unforgettable dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Amerigo - Memphis - Best Restaurants in East Memphis ›
Amerigo - Memphis reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)romantic (32)good for groups (30)great for lunch (24)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (13)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- CJH6075Dined on 9/10/2014When I book with Open Table, Amerigos is very prompt, great food and has extremely good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable eveningLovetoeatDined on 9/8/2014Every time we eat at Amerigos we have enjoyed the meal. We wonder why it takes us so long to come back. We plan to come more often.Special Features:
- AwesomeRobJr84Dined on 9/5/2014It was Awesome, very beautiful and upscale in the inside, and the waiter Heath did an excellent job.. I will be back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to fave!MamaFoodieDined on 8/29/2014You simply must try the artichoke dip. It's unbelievable and the main reason we keep returning. Don't get me wrong, the other food is amazing too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatfeespeopleDined on 8/23/2014Food was delicious and service was outstanding.will highly recommend and will most certainly returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Food was excellent and the service was good. We were seated promptly and drinds were served quickly No issues at all. Bathroom was clean. .Special Features:
- Wine TastingJimmDined on 8/20/2014The food and Italian Wine tasting was awesome. The seating was much better and the food was out of this world👍. We loved the Wine choices picked out for us. Definitely a good place to meet new friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!crwillnerDined on 8/16/2014Amerigo's has been our favorite restaurant for years. Food is always good, service is knowledgable, prices are reasonable. The recent wine tasting have been wonderful. Malka and Ruban are outstanding servers.Special Features:
- VignetoDined on 8/15/2014attentive service and outstanding consistantly excellent foodSpecial Features:
- Nice Saturday Evening!UgadawgDined on 8/9/2014This was our 2nd visit. We were not disappointed. We had reservations and were quickly seated. The waiter, Jimmy, started the service with a smile and good recommendations. The pace of the service was just right. Food quality and quantity was very good and came from the kitchen piping hot. Absolutely perfect. Amerigos was clearly a popular place because the resturant was full!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJuliesDined on 8/2/2014This has been around a long time, but I forget about it. That won't be the case anymore, we ate there Saturday night and it was fantastic. Food, Service everything top notch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite for cedar plank salmonCordovamomDined on 8/1/2014Very good. Many choices of pasta, pizza, salads and fish. Love love cedar plank salmon.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerEatingoutDined on 7/31/2014Amerigos was a great choice to hVe. Y mother's 86th birthday party and my husband's retirement celebration. Janie, our server, was so attentive to all our needs and especially kind to my mother. We will always return for special occasions or just to have a night out. The early bird specials cannot be beat and the house wines were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine TastingJimmDined on 7/16/2014We had a great time. I wish the gathering rooms were bigger but then a lot of people showed up. Great place and funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodDocQ2BDined on 7/12/2014One of my favorite places to eat fish on a wood plank. Great taste plus 2 big sides and bread for $25-30 which makes it a great value as well. Wife loves the pizza and other Italian dishes. Bread and olive oil served at all the tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and nice atmosphereVirgDined on 7/10/2014Business lunch. Good good, not rushed and not too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We had excellent service, food, and ambience. It is nice to be able to talk and not have raise your voice for your guest to hear you. The server was very attentive to the needs of her customers. I have recommended this restuarant to others to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticDined on 6/14/2014Food was great....romantic outing ; perfect for celebrating and quality timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's Favorite RestaurantRobsWifeDined on 6/14/2014We love going to Amerigo because the food is delicious, the staff is always engaging and professional and it has such a relaxing ambience. Amerigo is not a restaurant that I would take small children as I think the diners of this establishment are expecting a quiet/romantic experience.Special Features:
- Very uneven mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014There was some good and some bad with the most recent dining experience. The good.. Service was good Chicken Acuto/Kid's Meal/Chesse Fritters were all very good The bad.... Member of dining party got the Mahi Mahi Wood Plank Grilled Meal for $26. The veggies that accompanied the meal were good although serving size was small. The potatoes were dry. The fish was flavorless and small, especially for $26. On top of that, it was riddled with bones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidFoodcritic812VIPDined on 6/13/2014We eat here on a regular basis. It never let's us down. I typically get the cedar plank salmon it is very good. My wife is gluten free and they have great pasta choices for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhill38119VIPDined on 6/8/2014Used to be a very consistent place. Started with service and then food. Finally gave it another chance for a quick lunch. Ordered lasagna and received it cold in the middle. Straight out of the fridge cold. Sent it back and waiter dropped it off. Room temperature this time and even some of the cheese in the center was melted. Server didn't return for more than 15 mins. Finally flagged down another server and asked for a manager. The manage offered to bring me another entree but at this point we were 45 mins into what was supposed to be a quick lunch so I declined the offer.
- love itOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/4/2014Excellent food etc., with awesome gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhartonReunion63Dined on 5/31/2014We find the quality of food and service to be consistently high. Have not been disappointed yet.Special Features:
- First time to MemphisAlexDined on 5/31/2014My boyfriend and I took a road trip to Memphis, this being our first time visiting, and chose this restaurant on a whim, and ended up loving it!! It was the best date we've had in a year and a half.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 241 reviews are from the Amerigo - Memphis reviews archive.
- DELICIOUS!passionataDined on 3/30/2014Our party of four enjoyed an excellent lunch. All of our dishes were to our liking and served promptly and courteously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding business dinnerCharlieDined on 3/24/2014A colleague and I had a very pleasant evening this week, dining at Amerigo in Memphis. I've been a fan of Amerigo since visiting the first location in Jackson, MS many years ago. We were promptly greeted when entering the front door and seated. Pamela, our server, was attentive, professional and a delight. I'll go back again and highly recommend Amerigo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our first time visiting,PamelaDined on 3/16/2014It was our first time visiting, but will not be out last! Great food and excellent, excellent service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent East Memphis DiningCitTeeNibblerDined on 3/15/2014Amerigos can have my patronage all of the time. My guest and I felt welcomed from the moment we entree Amerigos. The bartender was vey friendly and energetic and so was out sever Jennifer. Jennifer's time was on point along with the ambiance of the restaurant she made me feel that all of my choices were just fabulous. The three courses were hot fresh ingredients tasty and great portion sizes. I must start coming back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious. TheJackvDined on 3/13/2014The food was delicious. The Cedar Plank Salmon was perfect and paired with vegetables and potatoes. The three cheese tortellini with fresh lump crab meat was perfection. I truly recommend this restaurant, first thing we asked ourselves was, do we have one back home? This is a Memphis jewel to dine at and lives up to fabulous Italian food. Go tonight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad selection is lackingMemphisLawyerDined on 3/11/2014Eaten @Amerigo many times. Currently on Weight Watchers, tho, & reviewed their salad selections online b4 dining, & they looked fantastic. Unfortunately, my friend &I were disappointed in our salads. I had insalata nona (adding grilled chicken), & she had arugula w/ flame-grilled apples (adding salmon). We agreed that our meat selections were tasty, but the salads themselves were bland. Both salads had light-tasting dressing but not nearly enough -- should've both asked for more. Both felt hungry after we'd finished the salads, which would seemingly be good for our waistlines, ... except that we both went home & ate something else! Long story short: their regular entrees are delicious & filling, but the salads aren't great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodCindyDined on 3/9/2014Amerigo is a nice, dependable restaurant. The food was good, as always. Service was friendly and attentive. I wish they would add a few items to the dinner menu, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service are alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2014The food and service are always acceptable. Location is great, but that wouldn't matter if the food and service weren't so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed an excellent dinner.GreysonDined on 2/28/2014We enjoyed an excellent dinner. Our sevier, Jennifer was excellent. A perfect setting and evening for a special occassion. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryPatriotDined on 2/28/2014Wife and I went for our anniversary. Great food and service. We both had different entrees and sampled each other's food choice and both were outstanding. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service badOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014I had a very bad waitress. I had to ask three other waiters for helpSpecial Features:
- Great Food and AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/21/2014Trying different restaurants throughout Memphis trying to get out of my comfort zone. Have gone to Amerigos long ago but had forgotten how great the restaurant is from the food to the atmosphere and fabulous service. I would recommend this restaurant if you want great service as well a excellent food for a very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Taste and reasonable prices...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014Great atmosphere, cool jazz in the background, top notch service and of course very good food... Calamari was BOMB!!!! No strain on the old pocket book either, I might add....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceThis1JustDined on 2/15/2014This was a very enjoyable evening. Great server, decent pricing, and delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodAJB2Dined on 2/13/2014I am a frequent diner at Amerigo and I have not had a bad experience yet. Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features: