Amerigo - Jackson
6592 Old Canton Rd.
Ridgeland, MS 39157Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Amerigo - Jackson
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.amerigo.net/
- Phone: 6019770563
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Schramkowski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Whether you're serving 10 people or 500 people, Amerigo will deliver our fresh, hand-crafted meals right to your door! Our catering menu is perfect for family gatherings, business functions, or any special event.
A word from Amerigo - Jackson
For over 18 years, Amerigo has been a local Jackson favorite. Traditional, yet contemporary Italian cuisine is accompanied by friendly, professional service. Whether it be an aniversary for two, or a family reunion for 60, Amerigo welcomes groups of all sizes for lunch, brunch or dinner!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amerigo - Jackson reviews from OpenTable diners
- Sunday lunchluvdessertDined on 2/2/2014Enjoyed the taste and amount of food. We only ate part of our appetizer and meal so we could have the dessert. The brownie with the praline ice cream was HUGE and delicious! Waitress/server was attentive and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waitress messed up myduckmanDined on 1/21/2014The waitress messed up my order a little -- bringing the wrong fish but it was still delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodBeanDined on 1/12/2014Four of us were dining. Two of the entrees had to be sent back because they were either barely warm or cold. They were replaced with new entrees; however, two of us finished eating before the other two. We did not ask, but Amerigos took those two entrees off our bill. This was appreciated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First VisitTS89Dined on 1/6/2014This was a very nice first -time visit at Amerigos. The host/server was attentive to thier surroundings. I ate during dinner hours, alone. The mood of the room was very relaxing and mature. I would love to visit again In the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out with friendsCoachDined on 12/22/2013We have eaten here several times and the food is always good. We also enjoy the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent, itPatriciaDined on 12/4/2013The food was excellent, it was by far the best Italian that I have bought in a extremely long time. This was our first experience at Amerigo's but it WON"T be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going out on Tuesday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/26/2013Going out on Tuesday night didn't think we would need a reservation but made one anyway, and we got there to much to our surprise the place was packed. Walked in and they had our table ready for us to be seated. The food, atmosphere and service was top of the line. Will definitely go back for another round of good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amerigo - JacksonSisterJDined on 11/17/2013Amerigo is consistently good and offers an excellent choice of items at a very good price. The wait staff are well trained and attentive without being obtrusive, and the atmosphere is invitingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentknoxieDined on 10/29/2013We have enjoyed Amerigo for years and still consider it one of our favorites in the Jackson area. Food is always well prepared and at a reasonable price. Service is friendly and efficient. Our table enjoyed the veal piccata, shrimp scampi, and a very tasty Mediterranean pasta salad last night. We have their rewards card which covers four restaurants and are looking forward to our free desserts if we ever have room for them after such satisfying meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing atmosphereStephiLynnDined on 9/22/2013The food was great and waitress took care of us. There was no wait when we arrived and kid friendly. I would recommend friends to try it out if they have never visited the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationloveeatingoutDined on 9/16/2013My husband and I had a very enjoyable dining experience at Amerigos. It was his birthday, and from start to finish was very nice. The manager gave him a free dessert which we shared. His veal was not quite as tender as it should have been and that was listed as complimentary as well. The service was exceptional. and we tipped very well because of it. We will certainly be going back to Amerigos in the future. My meal was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Amerigo's!UltimatedinerfinderDined on 9/1/2013This restaurant is always our 'go to' place! Amerigo's has been around for years. It's consistently great! Whether we dine in the bar area or in the dining room we love this restaurant. Every dish is good. I love the Salmon Caesar salad, the shrimp scampie, and the lasagna. But just a bottle of wine and their bread can be a meal!! Always enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect, all around for ourDenoil24Dined on 8/19/2013Perfect, all around for our 35th anniversary, thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor and disinterested service.BRUCEVIPDined on 8/18/2013The waitress was clearly disinterested in presenting the menu or in establishing a relationship My partner's lasagna was "good' but swimming in too much sauce. My seafood pasta was also overly drenched, the seafood component was sparse and the pasta mound almost inedibly mushy and overcooked. A very disappointing meal and experience. Quite unlike previous visits.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/20/2013We celebrated our 48th wedding anniversary at Amerigo's because we knew the food would be wonderful and the service outstanding. The fact that there were a lot of people there just reinforced our views. We commented that we should go there more often.Special Features:
- BirthdayIzzyDined on 6/13/2013It was my wife's birthday... I noted it on the reservation... A small piece of her favorite cake Tiramisu... Not only i had to order it again but they charged me for it.... Not happy about it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Spot for a BirthdaycbearDined on 6/12/2013We went to Amerigo for my 50th birthday -- and it was the perfect place! The service was great -- warm, friendly and attentive. Our food was outstanding -- which is always the best part of Amerigo! And the ambience was pitched just right for this special occassion. Amerigo is always one of our favorite places!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great. Waitress madeCme4buxVIPDined on 6/10/2013Food was great. Waitress made me feel rushed. She was knowledgeable of the menu, but never poured our wine after the initial pour. She took food away before I was finished, and seemed like she was in a hurry on everything. Prompt service is good, but feeling rushed was annoying. Pushed me on the check before I was ready to leave. Maybe she was having a bad day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amerigo's has never disappointedKmacDined on 5/27/2013Amerigo's has never disappointed me with the quality & quantity of food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rediscovering Amerigo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2013Restaurants come and go - Amerigo's remains a great place to enjoy excellent food in the Jackon area. Service was outstanding for our pre-movie dinner. We loved it and plan to go more often in the future.Special Features:
- Worth the tripRexfordDined on 5/19/2013We drove up from the coast to celebrate our wedding anniversary with some friends in Jackson. We had dined there before and knew that the food was excellent. We came for a late lunch (with reservations) and arrived a little early. The hostess sat us despite being about 15 minutes before our reservation and having a packed house. The food was fantastic and the service was good. The only oddity was that when we ready to order dessert, our server seemed to have disappeared. He did return, and the Tiramisu was awesome. It was definitely worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as Memphis.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/14/2013If you have eaten at the Memphis you are in for a disappointment. Food was average. Calamari was over cooked, Crawfish pasta was lacking of Crawfish. Will not be eating at this restaurant again. Are favorite Jackson restaurant is Shapley's hands down.
- Local GEM!!!!!BrendaOntheGoDined on 4/24/2013Amerigo's is a long time favorite. We try to go a few times a year when we are in the area. Favorite Chilian Sea Bass....must try.Special Features:
- Our favorite for special familyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/8/2013Our favorite for special family celebrations as well as a private couple's dinner. Everyone's good was good. The shrimp bisque was great.Special Features:
- The manager, Cole Lawler,rwlakeVIPDined on 4/7/2013The manager, Cole Lawler, is always there working hard and doing a great job.Special Features:
- Great Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/3/2013Great Italian food at moderate prices. We always eat there when we come through Jackson.Special Features:
- Nice Italian CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2013We had really good service. The food was better than most of the other Italian places in Jackson, but I would not say outstanding overall. It was really heavy and cheesy as you would expect from an Italian restaurant but they had some light options.Special Features:
- My friend and I attended theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/25/2013My friend and I attended the wine tasting. The service was awesome,the guy hosting it was nice. We really enjoy the evening.
- The food here is top notch.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/19/2013The food here is top notch. You will forget that your anywhere near Jackson, Mississippi. Try the tiramisu for dessert too. It is the best I've ever had anywhere.Special Features:
- My wife loves the fettucineOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013My wife loves the fettucine alfredo at Olive Garden. Once she tried this at Amerigo's... she was amazed...Amerigo's dish tastes better! Great service.Special Features:
- A romantic setting but appropriateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013A romantic setting but appropriate for kids, too. Love Amerigo!! Server was attentive and polite!!Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/6/2013The food was very good and the atmosphere was very nice. We had a large group seated close to us however this was not at all.Special Features:
- This was my first time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/15/2013This was my first time eating at Amerigo's. The food was excellent (the cheese fritters as an appetizer were outstanding), the wine list is very comprehensive from cheaper wines to some pretty pricy ones, and the service was good. They messed up our order, but they propmtly fixed it with no fuss. The food was sort of medium to high pricing, so maybe not a weekly place to eat, but defintly worth going for a good night out.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the whole experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2013Enjoyed the whole experience. First but not last time.Special Features:
- Amerigo was wonderful.. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/6/2013Amerigo was wonderful.. Service was wonderful and our waitress was wonderful. My fiancee and I were there for our anniversary and it was the most romantic setting, candle was lit and light were dim.. I would highly recommend it to anyone..Special Features:
- Surprisilngly creative foodBillyDined on 12/26/2012Surprisilngly creative food for the area, and good wine list as wellSpecial Features:
- dinner was good but thinkOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/10/2012dinner was good but think i should have gotten dining points. i feel deceptive when you click to open table and do not get points. i would have chosen another restaurant if i had know this fact before i made reservation.
- Needz moar scrimpOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/2/2012Food tasted like I could have prepared it myself. The crawfish had just run out so it was replaced in my fish with a grand total of four shrimp. Other than that a decent experience.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2012I took my boyfriend for his birthday. He had never been to Amerigo's and i was so pleased that the experience was enjoyable and positive! Our server did not keep my drink filled and i had to ask for a refill (water). Our food was delicious and we will definitely go again.Special Features:
- I have enjoyed dining at Amerigo'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012I have enjoyed dining at Amerigo's over the years. The interior of the restaurant is a bit dark due to the blinds being closed. Some outside light would be welcome during early evening hours. The food was cooked as ordered, and the taste of the food was greatly improved over my last visit. The waitress was excellent.Special Features: