Amerigo Delicatus Restaurant & Market
2449 Larimer St
Denver, CO 80205Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Amerigo Delicatus Restaurant & Market
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.amerigodelicatus.com/
- Phone: 3038629850x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Italian, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: Iain Chisholm
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Amerigo Delicatus Restaurant & Market
Amerigo is a small neighborhood restaurant offering a menu of "New-World Italian" cuisine prepared 100% from-scratch. Lunch service is a fast-casual format with fresh made deli sandwiches, soups and salads. Dinner is full-service, with a menu that changes weekly to emphasize seasonality. Brunch is served Saturday and Sunday mornings from 10am-3pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Amerigo Delicatus Restaurant & Market reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (32)romantic (13)hot spot (11)special occasion (9)great for lunch (9)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (6)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent food, a little understaffMIkeDined on 7/29/2014Really enjoyed the food, and great value on the house wine. They seemed a little under staffed and could use another body or two. Could have been that they were also catering an event for 75 that night at the art studio.Special Features:
- Best Meal In Denver.thetruetrogDined on 7/26/2014Sunday Dinner menu ($30/person): Sweet potato Flaffel, Pork Loin with Bacon Fat Fingerling Potatoes, Peach Chutney and Warm Corn Tomato Salad with Bread Pudding for dessert. Flaffel: Delicious and light for a 1 course Pork Loin: Cooked to perfection (medium). Still juicy Bacon Fat Fingerling Potatoes: enough said. Bread Pudding: Best dessert I've had in a long time.Special Features:
- JoanneDined on 7/19/2014The food was delicious and the service was outstanding. We will be back!Special Features:
- Incredible.kmelDined on 7/12/2014I loved everything about this restaurant, saying the food was outstanding is an understatement. Would come back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Great find!spritzDined on 7/12/2014We ordered the four-course dinner with wine pairings. You weren't limited in food selection, could choose one from each section of the menu. The build-your-own antipasto platter was fun. Courses were much larger than you would expect in a 4-course prix fixe, between the two of us, we had 3 or 4 lunch servings of leftovers. In vibrant up-and-coming neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodfoodnoobDined on 7/10/2014I have never dined at such a place. It was an amazing expirience. The different combinations of cheeses and meats are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pride of ownershipCASHDined on 7/10/2014Great food and service in this neighborhood gem. The linguine with sweet sausage was too die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Refreshing Menu3GinDenverDined on 6/18/2014We were easily able to get a reservation (during the week) and were seated right away. The menu is not expansive but there is a variety of selections that are all attractive. The food was served in a timely manner and it was excellent! The appetizers and second dishes were all really good. We were able to also have a couple of different cocktails that were also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesPBKWINEGUYVIPDined on 6/7/2014We really enjoy the wide variety of bites that are available.Special Features:
- Italians love AmerigoSBdenverVIPDined on 6/7/2014This is my new favorite place to eat. I can make a meal out of the antipasti and a salad (which are all reasonably priced and delicious.) This is my favorite place to eat Italian in Denver. The ricotta cheese is absolutely amazing as is the roasted garlic and roasted marinated tomatoes. It is small and can be a bit noisy like most happening restaurants, but I plan to go back and also take out for events at home as well.Special Features:
- Terrible ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/6/2014My girlfriend and I went here for her birthday. Our drinks were great - she loved the sangria. However, she ordered the braised lamb, but didn't like the taste and asked to send it back after a couple bites in exchange for something else. Our server returned to tell us that the manager and owner both reported that we would have to pay for both the lamb and whatever new entree we wanted. Are you kidding me? We were so turned off, that we asked to check out and leave. We would've walked right out if we weren't sure that our server would have to foot the bill. Eventually the manager agreed to give us 20% off the check. For the record, our server was wonderful. I also tried the lamb and agreed: it was wonderfully tender, but very bland.
- Don't Miss ItHudsonsDined on 5/23/2014Amerigo Delicatus was wonderful. Great food and the service was attentive and personal. Don't miss the wide range of starters although the main courses are also fantastic.Special Features:
- Did not disappointCandCDined on 5/16/2014Our table was awaiting us as we arrived Friday night for our 7pm reservations. Our waitperson Celeste was very attentive the entire evening, assuring us we could take our time as we ordered from the 4-course special on the menu. Drinks arrived with each course, well paired with the selections we made. Carrie had the gnocchi with pork chop and I the pappardella noodles with shrimp. Both delicious. By the time dessert came around we were both too full to enjoy. I'd highly recommend Amerigo to all my friends and family. We do not eat out often so our expectations were high in hopes of having a memorable dining experience. We were not disappointed and we will dine here again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DownhillAC84Dined on 5/3/2014Used to love this place but after a recent visit, I don't plan to return. I didn't realize I was a picky diner but when all the details aren't there, it can ruin an experience. Our server was good but two staff for the entire front of house is way too few--get a runner/host to help out! Food was terribly underseasoned. Had to eat my soup with a fork and knife. Plates for salad too small. Prices seem higher than in the past and definitely not worth it. A great place that could use some TLC...
- FantasticMarkDenverDined on 4/25/2014This is a small, fun, lively place with CONSISTENTLY great food. The menu is ever changing, the staff is friendly, unique twists on your favorite cocktail. This trip our waitress wasn't totally in the know of the menu or the specials, but she was efficient, friendly which made up for any other snafu's.Special Features:
- The following 87 reviews are from the Amerigo Delicatus Restaurant & Market reviews archive.
- still fantasticzengeminiVIPDined on 4/19/2014We were here a few months ago and had a perfect experience. When deciding where to take friends to dinner, we chose to take them here. I'm always nervous that perhaps a restaurant won't "live up to" the original fun experience in my mind, but Amerigo did NOT disappoint. From my Aperol spritzer, to our second platter of antipasto, through the Quinoa Salad and Eggplant entree until our chocolate cake and cannoli dessert, it was a delicious, fun, relaxed evening. The staff is attentive, but not overly so, and the food is amazing. We won't wait a few months before going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobfilDined on 4/18/2014The food was fantastic with some unique combinations of ingredients. There was, however, a large and very loud party that made it very difficult to hear the waiter or each other. Well worth it though.Special Features:
- Great food! Terrible service!Holladay303Dined on 4/16/2014Great, great, great food as always, but service was truly disappointing. One waitress was serving the entire restaurant and who seemed disheveled and confused the entire night. We were out for a casual mid-week date night and ordered what was supposed to be a $20 bottle of wine, instead the waitress brought out a $75 bottle - opened and poured it without saying a word (or showing the bottle). When we realized the mistake, it was on the bill, and brought to her attention - she simply apologized and still charged us for the $75 bottle. The tab was quite a surprise, when we assumed dinner would be half. Food will never disappoint at Amerigo, but make sure come patient and double check your bottle of wine is the bottle you ordered!Special Features:
- Fantastic foodBjfoodiesDined on 4/15/2014This place is a gem. The love of great homemade Italian food is what shines through. Prices are excellent and Tuesday date night specials even better. Small place and quarters are tight. Make reservations in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed once againPBKWINEGUYVIPDined on 4/4/2014We really enjoy Amerigo. This is our 5 visit and each time and we will continue to to return. Love the small bites, what a great way to snack and chat. The wine list has improved since our last visit which was a nice surprise.Special Features:
- Great food at an afordable pricejoevismaDined on 3/29/2014Delicious food, great build your own anti-pasta dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!SupportSmallBusinessesDined on 3/21/2014Amerigo is a fantastic place to go on a date. We had an amazing, unique, and truly handmade dinner that we wont forget. Our waiter let us take our time and slowly enjoy our meal. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Wonderful placetaikahnDined on 3/11/2014Great food, simple menu, affordable for the quality, and an incredible ambiance. Loved this place, will be back many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeATP516Dined on 3/5/2014It was my first time in, and it was amazing. The service was fantastic and the food was phenomenal. There are rotating drink specials every day. I can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So pleased.SammDined on 3/4/2014The staff is very warm, comfortable and accommodating. Our group had a quality time together, marked by excellent food and drink -- and dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeTinaDined on 2/28/2014This is my third time going and I just cannot stay away!the staff is fantastically friendly and make you feel right at home. Everything is clean and has a very classy rustic feel. Ian, our waiter, was very attentive to us but also very good at giving us our time to eat, drink and talk. I am definitely definitely definitely hooked on the $1 bruschetta happy hour, YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ever-changing and intimateclarkajDined on 2/22/2014This is a great, small place. I have heard this is a fun family-style dinner held weekly (I believe Tuesdays) and the menu changes according to the best ingredients available and the chef's inspiration. They have interesting and delicious takes on dishes and you can buy some fresh ingredients from their market if you're feeling inspired yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip!4ofusDined on 2/8/2014This place is a little out of the way but great once we found it! The "build your own" anti pasta served as a meal for my girlfriend and the prices ($1 - $4 / item) are unbeatable. Our favorite was the house-made burrata. One person had the lasagne and he continued to rave about it for the rest of the evening. The service was attentive and the ambiance is fun and hip but not overdone. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding diningHirecommendation1Dined on 2/8/2014The goat cheese raviolI coated with crunchy panko bread crumbs covered with butternush squash sauce? Outstanding dish. My husband had the beef brisket white lasagna and said the same.....outstanding! Great service and staff as well. We'll go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Little restaurant and a little menu = wonderful food and friendly service. On my list of favorites now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/1/2014Husband and I went with another couple after finding this neighborhood gem on thrillist's list for new must try restaurants of 2013. We were very pleased with our food and service. Loved that EVERYTHING is made in house. We had a great time putting together an amazing antipasto platter and enjoyed eating it even more! I had the gnocchi, which was not your typical gnocchi, but so delicious with an amazing ricotta and goat cheese mixture on top! Husband had a lasagna that was very unique but very tasty! Also, great cocktail list, which is a must for date nights!Special Features:
- excellent food nice pricesRMejiaDined on 1/28/2014My husband and I have been to amerigo twice now. Healthy, from scratch italian food that satisfies every taste bud on your tongue. We went for date night tuesday, and was busy at points but in no way did it take away from a relaxing dinner after work. My husband loves the linguine with italian sausage and red sauce. Homemade noodles perfectly tossed in the italian sausage marinara. I usually get the seasonal rotating menu. This time I ordered homemade spinach ricotta dumplings laid on a bed of carrot and squash puree with sautéed spinach. Delicious! Must try amerigo.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2014The food was amazing and the service was great. I will come back here time and time again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the end of the Chisholm TrailCreativeLibertyDined on 1/25/2014You will find a quaint community style restaurant with incredible food and a knowledgable staff from wine down to the four main entree's on the menu. It's a great place for small groups or a date night. I had the stuffed chicken on rainbow kale I highly recommend it as long as it's there. In April they are opening an Art Bar behind the restaurant so I will have to get back to Denver and check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Loud Placenene722VIPDined on 1/24/2014For such a small restaurant, the noise level can be deafening! Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/23/2014The food was excellent. The pasta and sausage are made there and are very, very, good. The antipasto plates are build your own (great concept) and are cheap and delicious. The pulled pork is to die for. I will be back (hopefully soon).Special Features:
- Best meal we've had!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/23/2014I truly enjoyed everything I had and my husband stayed it was the best meal he'd EVER had! The brisket Alfredo lasagna was a hit! Creative food, local and fresh, I love Italian so what more could you ask for?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightJoshHDined on 1/14/2014My wife and I went into Amerigo this past summer and really liked it. We saw that they do a date night on Tuesdays so we decided to try it out. For $75, we got a really nice bottle of wine, 3 small appetizer dishes, 2 salads, 2 entrees and dessert. The food was amazing. Polenta served with a red wine braised short rib and grilled veggies and their house special - Sausage Linguine. In addition, the service was fantastic. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Quality with Great Price PointOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/7/2014Amerigo is one of our favorite "we don't want to cook" restaurants. Because it's so small, it is necessary to make a reservation, but we can always almost get one for a weekday evening day of. The Menu is small, but rotates enough that there is always something new to try. The servers are friendly and remember your face, so it's a great neighborhood spot. The food is high quality with innovative ingredients and at reasonable price point. It's really impressive what they do for such a low cost. Super hip right now, so great place to take someone you are trying to impress without breaking the bank!Special Features:
- Nice, little placeCoolheatVIPDined on 12/28/2013Amerigo is a cozy place tucked away in a building with several dining establishments. The happy hour Bruschettas were the highlight of our evening. Nice variety of toppings. The beet salad had too much arugula and the beets were uninspired...rather hard to boot. Loved the lamb prosciutto. Caesar salad contained too many "pale" romaine ribs and the dressing did not have the required Caesar "tang". Gnocchi were tasty. Special stuffed chicken was a very hearty portion and more like a stew, but quite good. We'll be back to try some more menu items!