Américas - The Woodlands
21 Waterway Avenue
The Woodlands, TX 77380Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Américas - The Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cordua.com/
- Phone: 2813671492x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday: 12:00pm - 4pm
Monday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday 10:30am - 3pm
Sunday - Tuesday 11:00 am - 9 pm
Wednesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am
Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Cordúa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With six award-winning restaurants, Américas, Artista, Churrascos, and Amazón Grill to choose from, The Cordúa Group has taken the best of their portfolio and added other unique flavors. The result: a contemporary flavor unique to MjC Events that can be enjoyed outside of their restaurants. Whether you are planning an intimate gathering or a gala of splendor, the finest events always start with MjC Events. Event Managers are ready to help you plan your next event! Please contact them at MjC Events 713.961.0911.
- Private Party Facilities: Américas Woodlands offers four private spaces that are ideal for your next family celebration, company dinner, social hour, or holiday party. For menu options and availability call us at 281-367-1492 or go online to www.cordua.com.
- Private Party Contact: Janine Jones 2813671492x
A word from Américas - The Woodlands
Recognized for its exciting dining and bold architecture, designed by renowned architect Ilan Waisbrod of Studio Gaia, Américas promises to continue the illustrious tradition of the original. Thrilling dishes combine vibrant Latin ingredients with European culinary techniques in an unparalleled setting alongside the Woodlands Waterway.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Américas - The Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Américas - The Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)romantic (68)scenic view (65)fit for foodies (49)great for brunch (46)good for groups (42)great for outdoor dining (38)notable wine list (29)hot spot (27)neighborhood gem (26)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (23)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014This was my first visit to Americas having dined at the sister restaurants of Amazon Grill and Churrascos. I was overall disappointed. The food was good, but wasn't discernable from the more casual Amazon Grill, so I wasn't excited to pay the higher prices. However, the main distraction was the lack of cleanliness of the place. The chair at the table had food left on it, the floor outside the women's restroom was sticky, the carpets were dirty, the men's restroom toilet was apparently overflowing, and one of the women's restrooms had urine and paper towels on the floor. We were also harassed by a fruit fly the entire time. I'll stick to Amazon Grill with the lower prices and lower expectations.
- One of our FavoritesRobertVIPDined on 8/30/2014This is our favorite restaurant in The Woodlands. Food is excellent, service top notch, atmosphere is gorgeous, and the pricing is not over the top which one might expect with this level of food and service. The cuisine is South American, so those not familiar with this cuisine will need to dine here several times to appreciate the array of foods being served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to home with an uptown vibetrumonDined on 8/26/2014Great meal with excellent service. We partook of the HRW week menu and were dazzled with the great service and the kind attention of the sommelier. Nice wine pairings with the menu. I loved the tuna ceviche! I plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomegigokevDined on 8/24/2014Jonathan was very attentive...the mixs of flavors on each plate superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Americas always a great night out!eatwelltraveloftenDined on 8/22/2014Love the plantains. Steaks full of flavor. unreal melt in you mouth. Tres leches is a MUST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be...disappointedVIPDined on 8/22/2014I remember this restaurant being more upscale. Unfortunately, it no longer has what it takes to be in that category. The decor says upscale restaurant, the menu and service say otherwise. It took 10 minutes for us to get a server and an order. The food took extremely long to come to our table. They do have a number of waitstaff but it doesn't seem very efficient because they don't seem to speak to one another. We had to find our waiter whenever we needed something. Needless to say, we will not be returning. Unfortunately, I would rather fight traffic downtown and eat at Churrascos instead. It's too bad I can't enjoy their food closer to home.
- Good find in The WoodlandsfmglDined on 8/22/2014Went for lunch but I think the view of the waterway would be better in the evening. Service very friendly and attentive. Their tequila bread pudding is the best ever! It is worth a trip.Special Features:
- God Bless Americas!ShelleyscornerDined on 8/20/2014The impeccable service before our food arrived led me to believe that I would not be disappointed in it. From the hostess calling to confirm our reservations to the waiter serving a complimentary dessert to the manager stopping by to chat....this place gained a new fan! The only negative I have to note is that my entree was so delicious that I don't think I'll ever try anything else! Great job!Special Features:
- AwesomeThomasteDined on 8/19/2014I have visited America's-The Woodlands twice for lunch with several coworkers. Both times we had a 8-15 person group and the restaurant was very accommodating. They even let us split the check! Unheard of anywhere else. The food is delicious. I would recommend America's-The Woodlands any day.Special Features:
- Great for a Romantic Dinnerluv2dineDined on 8/18/2014The wait staff at America's went above and beyond to make my birthday dinner special. The mojitos are always delicious and the food outstanding!!Special Features:
- Good Food, Location and FlavorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Everything about the restaurant was top notch. Food had great flavor, location was perfect and dining view was excellent. Service a little slow, but friendly. Need more desert options.Special Features:
- Wonderful SurprisefooddoctorVIPDined on 8/17/2014I had their Sunday brunch. EVERYTHING was delicious! That was the concensus of the other 3 persons in my party. That was my first time eating at Americas and I will definitely be back. The wait staff was excellent too!Special Features:
- First timers dream...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014We had a wonderful time! The food was fantastic and we'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary celebrationGkhaDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful anniversary celebration with the fixed menu for Houston's restaraunt weeksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEric54Dined on 8/16/2014Food & service were absolutely great.... Never had this type of food, and we will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!lovelyDined on 8/15/2014Fantastic food but obviously very expensive; would only go for very special occasions.Special Features:
- AmericasOrangeman78Dined on 8/15/2014I have eaten at Americas on South Post Oak several times. This was the first visiting the Americas in the Woodlands. The waiter was attentive tour every need. The seating on the waterway was nice, and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Festive celebrationDuchessDined on 8/12/2014Four friends celebrating a birthday- food was delicious!Special Features:
- Chefs ChoiceFlyingSigDined on 8/9/2014Steal of the night is the chefs tasting menu with drink pairings. Entrees are full size and the value for the portions you get is outstanding.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014For her birthday, my wife and I ate at Americas in The Woodlands. The menu boasted unique options, like lobster corndogs, and all of our food was well-prepared and full of flavor. Our server was knowledgeable and friendly. In fact, the entire staff was attentive and friendly. We will definitely go back and look forward to another wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsJSalasDined on 8/9/2014Went to Americas for their Saturday Brunch buffet. It's was great. The food was fresh, always replenished. I can't wait to go again with some friends or family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WoodlandsGuyDined on 8/8/2014Felt like we were being rushed out so table could be turned faster. Nice environment and food was delicious and well portioned. Pre-dinner drinks were very minimal pours considering the tab.Special Features:
- EnjoyedChataVIPDined on 8/8/2014We enjoyed our food and service was very good as to pleasantness and great disposition. Our only discomfort is that the hostesses at the entrance are never friendly or inviting. Overall food is good. Their tres leches is excellent and the alfajores are the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014The food was very good, from the apps to the dessert. The service was very slow and the server was not attentive at all. Also, she never wrote anything down. This was for a party of 7. I might understand if it was a party of 2. Also, my father ordered a $35 bottle of wine. We ended up getting 3 total bottles. When the bill came, each bottle was $130. The names were similar, and my dad accepted when she presented the wine, but she should have been more clear. Manager discounted the price a little, but was not very nice about it. Embarrassing. Another patron came by our table indicating that this location is known for doing this.Special Features:
- DinerDined on 8/7/2014Consistent great food - returning with group next week for lunchSpecial Features:
- Great FoodBigtexan1Dined on 8/6/2014Ordered from the menu supporting the Houston Food Bank and got 3 courses that were excellently prepared with some great drinks. Only negative was that of service from the waiter taking a long time to serve us between courses and to give back the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- America'sfoodiefoo2Dined on 8/3/2014My husband chose America's for his birthday dinner. Our 2 adult boys came as well. We all loved what we ordered. Our oldest son lived in Belize 2 months last summer and said many of the dishes were like the food there. The desserts are awesome as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatJeffVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten at this group of restaurants numerous times for all occasions and we have never been disappointed. We particularly love this location for the views of the waterway and for the food options. Children ages 5 and over fit in very well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!!BarbieDined on 8/1/2014We love all of the Cordua restaurants! America's Has a vibrant feel along with great food. My favorite is the chimchuri. Steak but since crab was in season we had the crab fingers which is also a favorite. We tried the empanadas for the first time and they were delicious! We also love the fact that was restaurant week so got to try some different things. Our guests at our table agreed that Americas does it ALL well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Americas', the bountiful!CyberdocVIPDined on 8/1/2014Very interesting menu items. Service very good. Eclectic crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMattandMKVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great dinner and drinks celebrating MK's birthday. Parents in town had never been to Americas, got them out of their comfort zone, and they loved it. Complimentary Tres Leches was a nice finish for the birthday girl.Special Features:
- Best mojitosadamVIPDined on 7/25/2014Excellent! Waiter Jason took great care of us on our first time and remembered us after so we'll keep coming back to him. Manager was invested in making our dining experience top notch and came by the tables to check on everything. Food is a nice change from steakhouses, mojitos are the best that I've found in the Woodlands, possibly this side of Miami. Definitely recommend for an upscale latin dish.Special Features:
- Unorganized hostess area!Luv2eatDined on 7/25/2014Made reservations for our Anniversary at 8:00 on Friday, requesting a quiet table by a window. We were seated at 8:20 in a long line of tables for 2, with tables on either side approx one foot apart, in the loudest area in center of room! Waited 20 more minutes, 8:40, for a window table in a quiet area. Another couple was seated by a window when both arrived at 8:00. Not one mention the entire evening about our anniversary. Every other fine dining restaurant always acknowledges it and thank you for choosing their restaurant for the occasion. Not so here. Food was good, not great, Service was very good. Will not return or recommend Americas. There are too many restaurants in The Woodlands that are much better, and certainly more organized.
- luv2eatDined on 7/21/2014The restaurant was empty upstairs but about 1/3 full downstairs on a Monday night. Our waitress was very attentive, nice & honest about the food. They were very good about keeping my water glass full. The appetizer was the mixed ceviche which was not traditional ceviche at all. It was a small amount of whole shrimp, thick pieces of tilapia & chopped avocado on top of a half of a pineapple. It was okay but not what I'm used to. It lacked flavor. I had the skate which was very thin with a sweet sauce. It didn't taste fishy at all and came apart like pulled pork which was awesome. Not crazy about the plethora of onions it came with. A waste for sure. The crab meat was placed on top. No flavor. Spouse had the steak which was tender & flavorful.Special Features:
- Good food, good view, high pricesfoodforallDined on 7/12/2014The quality of the food is on par with the other America's locations, but the atmosphere is lacking a bit. The restauarant is decorated very plainly (by comparison to other America's locations) and loaded with tables, but it's nice and dark so makes for a good date spot. The best seats are along the windows, which show a wide view of the Waterway. The bar upstairs was completely empty on a Saturday night, which is not surprising to me if they are the same bartenders responsible for my mango habanero margarita. It tasted like it was made with whiskey, not tequila. The Tres Leches never disappoints. Valet costs $12.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not againOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014Americas used to be my favorite restauants. Not anymore. I asked for an experienced server,and got a rookie. The food was ok...nothing special. My friends ordered the same dish and the did not receive the lobster tail that was supposed to be served with the dish until thirty minutes later!! The checks were wrong,and frankly, I won't be going back.
- Disappointedjosem330VIPDined on 7/5/2014We have been regular customers at Churrascos every time we visit Houston, it is one of our favorite restaurants. Many years ago we visited Americas at the old Galleria location and had a great experience. So we were excited to visit Americas at The Woodlands, which is a bit closer to Dallas, where we live now. The ambiance and the service were excellent. However the food quality was disappointing. The appetizers (salmon ceviche and empanadas) were excellent, but our sons ordered the churrasco and it was tough, not what we are used to. We also had the seafood paella, which was tasty, but the rice was overcooked and dry. Tres Leches was good. We expected better quality. Not sure if it was an off night or what, but not the same.
- it was ok but..........gr8chefwalkerDined on 6/29/2014We have been going to that americas for years to celebrate special events but everytime we go it seems to get worse. This last time our server when asked what were the specials said they didnt have any but everytime we go thats the first thing they tell when they come to the table. Every menu item I asked her she didnt seem to know about and had to "ask". The dips were as good as they normally are and food consistency is a major problem at this restaurant. You can go and have a great sangria this week and next week its totally not the same. They brought out two of the plates to share one had cheese on it and one didnt. Probably have to find another "goto" in the woodlands
- Must Try TreasureFineDiningFoodieDined on 6/27/2014Found this hidden treasure online and decided to visit for a late lunch. Food was beautifully prepared with Exceptional seasonings. Chef visited our table. They were really marketing their Brunch. We will come back and try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunch placepitiburronDined on 6/25/2014Staff very courteous. Excellent quality. Delicious Corazon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.