Américas - The Woodlands
21 Waterway Avenue
The Woodlands, TX 77380Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Américas - The Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cordua.com/
- Phone: 2813671492x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday: 12:00pm - 4pm
Monday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday and Sunday 10:30am - 3pm
Sunday - Tuesday 11:00 am - 9 pm
Wednesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday: 11:00am - 2:00am
Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Cordúa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With six award-winning restaurants, Américas, Artista, Churrascos, and Amazón Grill to choose from, The Cordúa Group has taken the best of their portfolio and added other unique flavors. The result: a contemporary flavor unique to MjC Events that can be enjoyed outside of their restaurants. Whether you are planning an intimate gathering or a gala of splendor, the finest events always start with MjC Events. Event Managers are ready to help you plan your next event! Please contact them at MjC Events 713.961.0911.
- Private Party Facilities: Américas Woodlands offers four private spaces that are ideal for your next family celebration, company dinner, social hour, or holiday party. For menu options and availability call us at 281-367-1492 or go online to www.cordua.com.
- Private Party Contact: Janine Jones 2813671492x
A word from Américas - The Woodlands
Recognized for its exciting dining and bold architecture, designed by renowned architect Ilan Waisbrod of Studio Gaia, Américas promises to continue the illustrious tradition of the original. Thrilling dishes combine vibrant Latin ingredients with European culinary techniques in an unparalleled setting alongside the Woodlands Waterway.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Américas - The Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Américas - The Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (78)romantic (62)fit for foodies (56)scenic view (56)good for groups (41)great for outdoor dining (32)great for brunch (25)notable wine list (24)great for lunch (23)hot spot (23)neighborhood gem (20)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Too loud for romanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Food, service and ambiance all a 10. I just wish the guy next to us could have used his inside voice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beachgirlDined on 10/18/2014great service and great food. The only thing was it was a little to loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening65VetteDined on 10/15/2014We ate outside next to the canal witnessing a blilliant sunset. The staff was very attentive providing several enticing menu alternatives. All the chosen entrees were excellent. Dessert was a course too far, but dramatic and delicious. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Will not go again!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014My 2nd time in a row waiting 30 min for a drink order. 1st time another waitress notice we didn't have our drinks after 40 min, 2nd time another couple after us received their drink/order before us. Disappointed after seeing a waitress meeting when we walked in... Maybe they forgot to mentionSpecial Features:
- AnniversaryJOlson79VIPDined on 10/8/2014My wife and I had just went to Tommy Bahammas but turned down because the whole restaurant had just been reserved by a Shell group...we had the option to sit at the bar but the receptionist recommended against it for dining on a speacial night. We drove over to America's thinking that the food would be good and that it would be a romantic location. We were a little disappointed. Not only was the food just ok, I was surprised that a "nice" restaurant, knowing that it was our anniversary, did not even offer a drink, dessert or appetizer. The waiter, although very nice, had a hard time with english.Special Features:
- Got the steak rightSteakMasterVIPDined on 10/7/2014I have been here many times before, always ordering the signature cut steak, the churrasco. Sometimes, they don't get it quite right, but tonight it was perfect! Prepared medium as requested, tender and full of flavor. Food was served 7 minutes after ordering. Always a nice ambiance and pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/3/2014My husband and I went there on a friday night around 7. We had made reservations and were seated right away. Our waiter was incredible and the food was outstanding. We don't go out much so this was definitely a treat for us! I would highly recommend this place if you're wanting a romantic night out with you significant other or a date night with friends!! I had there special which was the sea bass on top of risotto and my husband had the ceviche for his appetizer and their steak for dinner. Both of us were very pleased. They have a bar up stairs so we went there for a drink after dinner and the staff up there were incredible as well. Best night we've had out in a long time.Special Features:
- Forced to shareGirllovesfoodDined on 10/3/2014We had dinner with some new friends. The night did not get off too well after our friends ordered 2 caipirinhas that they had to return because they were watered down and tasted like a strong lemonade. This was their first time at Anericas. We ordered 3 churrascos and a skate fish for the main course- after the appetizers- and though the menu says all of these dishes come with rice and lentils etc the server brought the dishes and then placed the smallest plate of rice, lentils and plantains to be shared by all four of us. Never mind that the server got upset when I asked for a spoon to help ourselves with that. Was she expecting we all dig in with our dirty forks?? For the money we spent it was a blah night. Disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New and differentPICKYVIPDined on 10/1/2014Interesting concept in Pan-American cuisine. Mostly south-of-th-border offerings with interesting twists on plantains, beans, and rice. The real gems are the meats and how they interact with the starches and sauces. Very nice presentations and an attentive staff make it a perfect location to break out of the norm with friends or co-workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2014The food was okay, nothing tremendously memorable and far too pricy for what it was.
- Not Impressedjm17Dined on 9/27/2014I made reservations for 4 at 815pm arrived at 8pm and the hostess did not greet us she just asked if we had a reservation, I said yes and she said it would maybe be a 15 minute wait. 25 minutes later, she tells us our table is ready and the dining room had plenty of open tables so we were wondering what the 25 minute wait was for. I was considering ordering their famous Churrasco, but I am glad I passed on that after not being impressed with their Lomo y Mar. The service was rather slow. After we finished our meal we waited about 20 minutes between the time they took our plates to the time the check was brought to the table. This will probably be the first and last time we come to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Dinner Sat. Night, missing waiterEatoutDined on 9/27/2014We have been to Americas before and enjoyed it greatly. However I was slightly upset by the service we received Sat. night. We had a party of 9 women. It seems that after our waiter realized we were not going to be ordering a large amount of food or drinks, he wasn't very attentive. We had to flag someone down to get water refills. When we were ready for the check, our waiter was nowhere to be found. We had to ask another waiter to help us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Their way or the highwaycarmodyjimDined on 9/20/2014In the bar, for a restroom, you must actually leave the building through a passageway to use its facilities. I am sure women like using the Ladies Room of closed for the day office building. For dinner they push The Churrasco, which is a nice slab of tenderloin. The non-optionable vegetables were tasty. However, if you ask for some kind of sauce to add to the meat, they flatly refuse to accommodate you---even if you complain to the chef. Surely, some creamy horshradish, A-1, Worcestershire or something else could be discretely made available on a side dish. But NO, the arrogance of the chef and management require you to eat it THEIR way or not at all. Perhaps, this is why Amreicas is dragging along at 65% on Urbanspoon.
- great time at AmericasSingPTDined on 9/19/20142 sisters out for great food and good wine. We decided to try the Chef's Tastings and Sommelier pairings. It was beautifully presented, great food, good pairings, and nicely explained by the server and the manager. I will do this again with my husband and friends. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and Varied Menuluv4foodDined on 9/15/2014We've eaten at Américas on three different occasions now. When we were there for our Anniversary, we were seated at a table that afforded a view of the sunset over the Woodlands Waterway. This time, we were seated at an out of the way table with a view of the waterway. Each time we have had a different type of food. Once we had fish, and it was excellent, and this time, we had Paella, which was again, exceptional. We did not have a long wait for our food, and the service was excellent. Our server, Jonathan, was very personable and knowledgeable. We will definitely go there again and refer others.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014Ribbons of plantain chips with three sauces (gratis) are addictive. Empanada starter very good. Wild salmon entree with shrimp was so lite and fresh. Mahi mahi with shrimp and okra was a hit with my husband. Salted chocolate and coconut guava sorbets were just the right finish. We didn't have room for the flaming tres leche cake, but it made a spectacular presentation. My husband asked about a bourbon, which they didn't have but the manager (who was extremely knowledgeable), provided samples of several others. A shout out to Jonathan who such a genuinely friendly and attentive server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably good!LindaRVIPDined on 9/12/2014Food is always good here but I don't think it's as good as it used to be. The menu doesn't change much so their selection can get a bit boring.Special Features:
- Noisy and unappealingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Too loud to hear myself talk. Menu recently changed and not for the better. Smaller portions and higher prices. Food flavor not as good as previous visits. Very disappointing and will be very Leary about returning.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014This was my first visit to Americas having dined at the sister restaurants of Amazon Grill and Churrascos. I was overall disappointed. The food was good, but wasn't discernable from the more casual Amazon Grill, so I wasn't excited to pay the higher prices. However, the main distraction was the lack of cleanliness of the place. The chair at the table had food left on it, the floor outside the women's restroom was sticky, the carpets were dirty, the men's restroom toilet was apparently overflowing, and one of the women's restrooms had urine and paper towels on the floor. We were also harassed by a fruit fly the entire time. I'll stick to Amazon Grill with the lower prices and lower expectations.
- One of our FavoritesRobertVIPDined on 8/30/2014This is our favorite restaurant in The Woodlands. Food is excellent, service top notch, atmosphere is gorgeous, and the pricing is not over the top which one might expect with this level of food and service. The cuisine is South American, so those not familiar with this cuisine will need to dine here several times to appreciate the array of foods being served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to home with an uptown vibetrumonDined on 8/26/2014Great meal with excellent service. We partook of the HRW week menu and were dazzled with the great service and the kind attention of the sommelier. Nice wine pairings with the menu. I loved the tuna ceviche! I plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomegigokevDined on 8/24/2014Jonathan was very attentive...the mixs of flavors on each plate superbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Americas always a great night out!eatwelltraveloftenDined on 8/22/2014Love the plantains. Steaks full of flavor. unreal melt in you mouth. Tres leches is a MUST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be...disappointedVIPDined on 8/22/2014I remember this restaurant being more upscale. Unfortunately, it no longer has what it takes to be in that category. The decor says upscale restaurant, the menu and service say otherwise. It took 10 minutes for us to get a server and an order. The food took extremely long to come to our table. They do have a number of waitstaff but it doesn't seem very efficient because they don't seem to speak to one another. We had to find our waiter whenever we needed something. Needless to say, we will not be returning. Unfortunately, I would rather fight traffic downtown and eat at Churrascos instead. It's too bad I can't enjoy their food closer to home.
- Good find in The WoodlandsfmglDined on 8/22/2014Went for lunch but I think the view of the waterway would be better in the evening. Service very friendly and attentive. Their tequila bread pudding is the best ever! It is worth a trip.Special Features:
- God Bless Americas!ShelleyscornerDined on 8/20/2014The impeccable service before our food arrived led me to believe that I would not be disappointed in it. From the hostess calling to confirm our reservations to the waiter serving a complimentary dessert to the manager stopping by to chat....this place gained a new fan! The only negative I have to note is that my entree was so delicious that I don't think I'll ever try anything else! Great job!Special Features:
- AwesomeThomasteDined on 8/19/2014I have visited America's-The Woodlands twice for lunch with several coworkers. Both times we had a 8-15 person group and the restaurant was very accommodating. They even let us split the check! Unheard of anywhere else. The food is delicious. I would recommend America's-The Woodlands any day.Special Features:
- Great for a Romantic Dinnerluv2dineDined on 8/18/2014The wait staff at America's went above and beyond to make my birthday dinner special. The mojitos are always delicious and the food outstanding!!Special Features:
- Good Food, Location and FlavorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014Everything about the restaurant was top notch. Food had great flavor, location was perfect and dining view was excellent. Service a little slow, but friendly. Need more desert options.Special Features:
- Wonderful SurprisefooddoctorVIPDined on 8/17/2014I had their Sunday brunch. EVERYTHING was delicious! That was the concensus of the other 3 persons in my party. That was my first time eating at Americas and I will definitely be back. The wait staff was excellent too!Special Features:
- First timers dream...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014We had a wonderful time! The food was fantastic and we'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary celebrationGkhaDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful anniversary celebration with the fixed menu for Houston's restaraunt weeksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEric54Dined on 8/16/2014Food & service were absolutely great.... Never had this type of food, and we will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!lovelyDined on 8/15/2014Fantastic food but obviously very expensive; would only go for very special occasions.Special Features:
- AmericasOrangeman78Dined on 8/15/2014I have eaten at Americas on South Post Oak several times. This was the first visiting the Americas in the Woodlands. The waiter was attentive tour every need. The seating on the waterway was nice, and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Festive celebrationDuchessDined on 8/12/2014Four friends celebrating a birthday- food was delicious!Special Features:
- Chefs ChoiceFlyingSigDined on 8/9/2014Steal of the night is the chefs tasting menu with drink pairings. Entrees are full size and the value for the portions you get is outstanding.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014For her birthday, my wife and I ate at Americas in The Woodlands. The menu boasted unique options, like lobster corndogs, and all of our food was well-prepared and full of flavor. Our server was knowledgeable and friendly. In fact, the entire staff was attentive and friendly. We will definitely go back and look forward to another wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsJSalasDined on 8/9/2014Went to Americas for their Saturday Brunch buffet. It's was great. The food was fresh, always replenished. I can't wait to go again with some friends or family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WoodlandsGuyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Felt like we were being rushed out so table could be turned faster. Nice environment and food was delicious and well portioned. Pre-dinner drinks were very minimal pours considering the tab.Special Features: