One Bratenahl Place
Bratenahl, OH 44108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.americanocleveland.com/
- Phone: (216) 541-3900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Bar and Lounge: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm
Pub Menu: Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Executive Chef: Vytauras Sasnauskas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our restaurant is available Sundays for groups of 30 to 50. Receptions. Birthdays. Showers. Our Dining room is available Monday nights for groups of 30 to 50 people. Our Lounge is available for groups of 10 to 30 most nights, excellent for Group Happy Hours. Our Restaurant is available most afternoons for business luncheons for 20 to 50 people. Let us throw a party for you!
- Private Party Facilities: We offer our dining room on Monday nights and our lounge throughout the week depending on size of party.
- Private Party Contact: Cole Davis 216-541-3900
A word from Americano
Original Great Lakes Bistro means good, honest food, combining classic European cooking techniques with the best locally available ingredients. Americano offers a relaxed atmosphere in a resurrected French dining room located within the confines of a spectacular lake front gated community. An intriguing wine cellar, rotating selection of American craft brewed ales, and creative cocktails are available in our dining room, cozy bar, and our spacious lounge. The restaurant features expansive picture windows that frame the lovely grounds of Bratenahl Place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Americano - Best Restaurants in Bratenahl ›
Americano reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)fit for foodies (26)romantic (26)neighborhood gem (21)notable wine list (17)scenic view (14)good for groups (7)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- fussyeatersDined on 11/1/2014The food was delicious, and the presentation was lovely, and the atmosphere was relaxing. I always get the feeling when we're there that we're the only people they're trying to please. I always have a hard time sitting still in a restaurant, this is one of the few places I don't mind dawdling in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Distinctive Food in hidden locationElliotDined on 11/1/2014If you don't know it's there you will never find Americano. Located on the ground floor of Bratenahl Place, there's no sign at the street, no sign in the parking lot, no sign in the lobby. Apparently diners, other than residents of the condo development, are not expected or perhaps even desired, but once you find the restaurant you will be greeted warmly, served professionally and will enjoy an outstanding dinner with creatively prepared fresh food. I went for the modern updates on traditional dishes and had the "waldorf salad" and the macaroni and cheese with grilled chicken. The fresh fruit and greens made a wonderful salad. The mac and cheese was excellent with the chicken a more substantial ingredient than a mere accompaniment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- piece of heavenotchouseDined on 10/29/2014my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Americano...our server brian was attentive and very knowledgeable...what a gem!...the rest of the staff was very welcoming...the food was sensational...we enjoyed the chef's twists of the usual and his creative touches...we also relished the intimate and quiet ambiance of the dining room...this wasn't our first visit here and it won't be our last!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencefoodieVIPDined on 10/24/2014Quality food and varied menu keep us coming back to this gem of a restuarant! Pumpkin pierogi appetizer was to die for! Loved the roasted mushroom and spinach risotto. Have a great wine list. Service is always outstanding. We keep coming back so that speaks for something!Special Features:
- Love It!MissBDined on 10/24/2014Americano is one of our go to restaurants. The menu is seasonal and always fresh. There are also some standards such as the filet mignon always available. Right now I can recommend the savory pumpkin perogi appetizer and the beat salad. (and the meatloaf with root veg was tasty) Quiet enough that you can hear conversation at your table but still lively with the room full of other customers. Bar is small but they make a mean sidecar and other classic drinks.Special Features:
- Always a treat!SueSDined on 10/21/2014Our party of 4 dined here on Tuesday evening & once again, we left satisfied and pampered. Since it was rainy and dark, the tea lights at the tables made the atmosphere lovely & comforting considering what was taking place outside our window. 2 of us had the pork chop & waffles, which is by far the best tasting dish on the menu. The combination of flavors are something you must experience! Chef V is a fantastic chef & Cole Davis makes us feel welcome every time we dine there-a perfect team. The servers are attentive & will do whatever they can to make for an enjoyable evening. One in our party is a vegetarian & the server made sure she had a satisfying meal tailored to her needs. The larger filet special was fantastic! A true gem for all !Special Features:
- One of our favoritesfoodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014We love the food, fresh and never disappoints! Service is great and lovely settingSpecial Features:
- Treasure I share w/ all my friends!GreenpromisesDined on 10/14/2014The Americano is by far my favorite Cleveland area restaurant. Each and every time I am there, it becomes an event and a special occasion. The food is always outstanding and the service is great. I have shared it with all of my friends. Each and every one of them now shares my praise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Americano OctMiamiQVIPDined on 10/11/2014Once again an exceptional dining experience! Swordfish special was outstanding! Brian and the young lady who served us were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!YummyDined on 10/9/2014Everything about Americano was excellent! The service was outstanding, the food was divine! Absolutely everything we ate was delicious. I also loved how there was just enough time in between courses to allow us to leave without feeling so full that our stomachs hurt...because we sure ate a lot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit as great as our firstJanetVIPDined on 9/27/2014Varied menu. Great calamari and luscious mac & cheese. Excellent service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014Food and service were fantastic. Hidden on first floor of Bratenahl Place, but well worth it. Also right on lake erie, for great views, but the food is the reason to go.Special Features:
- TommyCTommyCDined on 9/13/2014Great spot for dining and drinks. Staff is friendly the food is very good and they try to accommodate you. Reasonable price. My wife and I have dined here twice and enjoy it very much, we will be back again soon. The patrons are very well dressed (professional/business casual). The salmon and duck are really good, but there are many other good choices also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmericonnoisseurAndeatDined on 9/12/2014The atmosphere was superb, not a lot of people, food was good and I was hungry. The cappuccino could stand to be hotter, but that's petty compared to the great things this place offers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden awayJoelVIPDined on 8/29/2014We wouldn't have known about Americano if it weren't on OpenTable. It's hidden away off the lobby of a gated high-rise condo in Bratenahl, with no signage whatsoever. We were there early (6pm) on a beautiful Friday evening, so while all the tables outside were full, the inside dining room was almost empty. It filled up later, though. The food, while not extremely creative, was excellent, prepared as ordered and with great skill. The server was knowledgeable and cordial, and staged everything perfectly. Steamed clams were a treat, and the entrees, broiled salmon and grilled lamb chops, were spot-on. A stroll across the beautiful lawn down to the edge overlooking the lake just as the sun was setting was all the dessert needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely TimeCallaghanVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food & service were very good. We were on a date night and very much appreciated Americano being able to accomodate our request to have dessert and finish our wine out on their small patio since the weather was lovely. **It is very _easy_ to get to the restaurant, despite the closure of the I-90 Bratenahl Exit. Simply go one more exit westbound. Get off at the MLK Exit (1 mile at most). Turn north, towards Lake Erie. Follow as the road curves and becoming Lakeshore Drive to the restaurant. A relaxing, few minutes drive at most.**Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/19/2014One of those bizarre restaurants hidden in an office building or in this case condo complex just off the lake. Drinks were good as was the wine and food was good as well. Good neighborhood place! They do have outdoor dining and a good park setting to enjoy. I have spent significant time in Cleveland. There are very few good restaurants in Cleveland, this is one of them. Folks from Cleveland must have extremely low expectations when it comes to food and ambiance as both are lacking in spades. Give Americano a try, they are trying and its better than most.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Better than any Tremont "hot spot," Americano consistently impresses with one-of-a-kind flavor, fare, and service. Absolutely our favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- predictably excellentBarryVIPDined on 8/8/2014We always enjoy dinner at Americano. The other night we both had bistro burgers. Certainly add good as any burger in town, probably better. Everything else was terrific. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- The following 363 reviews are from the Americano reviews archive.
- Overall great experienceJanetVIPDined on 7/22/2014I am already looking forward to the next time that I can dine here! Such an interesting menu....beverages, appetizers, salads, entrees. The presentation of all was lovely. Knowledgeable, friendly staff. Very quiet, elegant but not stuffy environment. On the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommy CTommyCDined on 7/19/2014I had duck and my wife had salmon, both were cooked perfect, service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We have been to Americano before -- a few years ago - a special occasion, either my birthday or anniversary, and I thought it was quite lovely. I don't care for noisy over the top restaurants where it is difficult to hold a conversation or enjoy the company with whomever you are dining with or where the tables are so close together, you can hear everyone else's conversation. That is not the case at Americano! The food was excellent, and the service was very good. I prefer the wait staff to be accessible but not hovering over you or rushing you to go -- again we had none of that! I would definitely recommend it for dinner, which is the only time that we have gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2014Great place. We love the food, service and people. We will return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerClefoodDined on 7/10/2014Superb service, yummy food, old school drinks, great value---can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!!SueSDined on 7/3/2014It was a real treat this past July 3rd when Cole Davis, the co-owner, had on an apron and was waiting tables. He is so personable and down to earth, not to mention well rounded about his knowledge about any topic one brings up, will share with a patron how a dish is prepared, and has an aura of calm about him. Without Cole and Chef V, this restaurant would not be able to survive. The two work hand and hand and make for a spectacular dining experience. Our party of 3 could not decide on dessert and a complimentary dish of mint chocolate chip ice cream arrived at our table. A special dining experience awaits anyone who dines at the Americano! What are you waiting for? Go and enjoy!!!!!!Special Features:
- the air was not workingnotmyfirstchoiceDined on 6/28/2014I was so hot in there the air was not working and no one addressed the issue or asked us if we wanted to go outside to eat - it was not enjoyable at all
- Hidden Gem worth the huntOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014Americano is located on the ground floor of a condo high-rise behind a security gate in Bratenahl. But don't be discouraged. The food here is WONDERFUL! This is the second time we have dined here with family. Everyone finished everything on their plate--quite an accomplishment given that we were dining with picky teenagers. The service was a little slow--multiple servers waited on us and no one server seems to be "ours." But that is the only complaint. The food is well prepared, artfully presented, and quite simply delicious.Special Features:
- Me2222Dined on 6/27/2014Continues to be the best kept secrect for the finest dining spot in Cleveland. Chef is unbelieveable, serving only the freshest vegtables and seafood with great tasting steaks at more than reasonable prices. This is the place to go if you are interested in hearing the person across from you and what they are saying. My favorite in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceTwisted1Dined on 6/27/2014Have a very nice time. Food was good, but the service was great! Staff was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MandDlove2dineouttogetherDined on 6/20/2014great dining experience delicious food great atmosphere great service what else can I say? our third time there!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmericanoSoulman1251VIPDined on 6/12/2014Overall experience was very nice. Atmosphere was a little dated (60s) but view and closeness to Lake Erie was great. Food was good. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteSocietynibblerDined on 6/12/2014I go to the Americano anytime I have special friends in town. The whole experience makes the evening special. I will return again and again.Special Features:
- Great spot hidden by the lake!Cory4girlsDined on 6/11/2014We really enjoyed Americano. The food was fabulous (and I'm picky.) My steak was cooked to order AND to perfection and the walleye my husband ordered was delicious, too. The waiter helped us with wine selections and answered truthfully about dishes that might not suit everyone. We enjoyed all three courses and would like to come again.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our visit - AGAIN!stamandVIPDined on 6/10/2014We had a group of eight with two having attended the wine tasting prior which is a fabulous deal! We shared appetizers of mussels, calamari and chicken wings (and a leftover pizza from the tasting) and barely a morsel left. Two of the party enjoyed the special of Cowboy Steak and it lived up to its name. Another two enjoyed the burgers, another the veal, mac and cheese with chicken and the meatloaf and another with the seafood special. Half the group got take home boxes due to the generous portion size. We shared an assortment of desserts from crème brulee to the chocolate and all were very tasty. The wines kept flowing throughout the meal and you have to try the Bordeaux Blanc! The service was attentive and pleasant.Special Features:
- Never disappointed!SueSDined on 6/3/2014Once again, everything was perfect. The portions featured on the menu are rather small, except for the pork chop and waffles..mmmm..gotta try it! The combination of flavors are a palate's dream come true. The specials have a tendency to be larger, so if you are hungry, try a special of the day, but plan on spending around 10 more dollars. Don't feel like you have to wear a suit and tie. Casual dress is fine, which is right up our alley!Special Features:
- Luv2EatLuv2EatVIPDined on 5/28/2014As usual, the dining experience was exceptional. We were celebrating our anniversary and enjoyed a very nice evening.Special Features:
- ahs55Dined on 5/24/2014we always enjoy our dining at Americano. Keep the beet and strawberry salad on the menu. YUM. As well as the pork chop. We love the place for special occasion dining Keep coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelySheilaDined on 5/17/2014Gracious staff, beautiful room, amazing food. LOVED IT! Would go back again if we are in the Cleveland area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem on the LakeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014If you want a great Dining spot, that gives you Rolls Royce service, then I would recommend this wonderful nostalgic restaurant with an open view of landscape and wonderful luscious trees, where dogs can walk and play, where the outside setting is private, and yet it can be very romantic or just plain fun. Now let's not forget about the food. In a simple word it is DIVINE. It comes out hot and delicious. The right spices to give the food the flavor it deserves, not over the top. The timing for your courses is perfect. You are not rushed and the staff is superb. I would recommend this gem and have to many of my friends. It is the perfect get a away in the summer for a great relaxing evening. Don't forget to take a walk on the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Americano MayMiamiQVIPDined on 5/17/2014As always we had an exceptional experience. We took friends who had not previously been there , and it exceeded their expectations based on our description. Kudos to Brian Carter and the rest of the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.