One Bratenahl Place
Bratenahl, OH 44108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.americanocleveland.com/
- Phone: 2165413900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Bar and Lounge: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00pm
Pub Menu: Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American
- Executive Chef: Vytauras Sasnauskas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our restaurant is available Sundays for groups of 30 to 50. Receptions. Birthdays. Showers. Our Dining room is available Monday nights for groups of 30 to 50 people. Our Lounge is available for groups of 10 to 30 most nights, excellent for Group Happy Hours. Our Restaurant is available most afternoons for business luncheons for 20 to 50 people. Let us throw a party for you!
- Private Party Facilities: We offer our dining room on Monday nights and our lounge throughout the week depending on size of party.
- Private Party Contact: Cole Davis 216-541-3900
A word from Americano
Original Great Lakes Bistro means good, honest food, combining classic European cooking techniques with the best locally available ingredients. Americano offers a relaxed atmosphere in a resurrected French dining room located within the confines of a spectacular lake front gated community. An intriguing wine cellar, rotating selection of American craft brewed ales, and creative cocktails are available in our dining room, cozy bar, and our spacious lounge. The restaurant features expansive picture windows that frame the lovely grounds of Bratenahl Place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Americano - Best Restaurants in Bratenahl ›
Americano reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (27)neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (24)romantic (23)scenic view (21)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (14)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- TommyCTommyCDined on 9/13/2014Great spot for dining and drinks. Staff is friendly the food is very good and they try to accommodate you. Reasonable price. My wife and I have dined here twice and enjoy it very much, we will be back again soon. The patrons are very well dressed (professional/business casual). The salmon and duck are really good, but there are many other good choices also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmericonnoisseurAndeatDined on 9/12/2014The atmosphere was superb, not a lot of people, food was good and I was hungry. The cappuccino could stand to be hotter, but that's petty compared to the great things this place offers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden awayJoelVIPDined on 8/29/2014We wouldn't have known about Americano if it weren't on OpenTable. It's hidden away off the lobby of a gated high-rise condo in Bratenahl, with no signage whatsoever. We were there early (6pm) on a beautiful Friday evening, so while all the tables outside were full, the inside dining room was almost empty. It filled up later, though. The food, while not extremely creative, was excellent, prepared as ordered and with great skill. The server was knowledgeable and cordial, and staged everything perfectly. Steamed clams were a treat, and the entrees, broiled salmon and grilled lamb chops, were spot-on. A stroll across the beautiful lawn down to the edge overlooking the lake just as the sun was setting was all the dessert needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lovely TimeCallaghanVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food & service were very good. We were on a date night and very much appreciated Americano being able to accomodate our request to have dessert and finish our wine out on their small patio since the weather was lovely. **It is very _easy_ to get to the restaurant, despite the closure of the I-90 Bratenahl Exit. Simply go one more exit westbound. Get off at the MLK Exit (1 mile at most). Turn north, towards Lake Erie. Follow as the road curves and becoming Lakeshore Drive to the restaurant. A relaxing, few minutes drive at most.**Special Features:
- NicknameVIPDined on 8/19/2014One of those bizarre restaurants hidden in an office building or in this case condo complex just off the lake. Drinks were good as was the wine and food was good as well. Good neighborhood place! They do have outdoor dining and a good park setting to enjoy. I have spent significant time in Cleveland. There are very few good restaurants in Cleveland, this is one of them. Folks from Cleveland must have extremely low expectations when it comes to food and ambiance as both are lacking in spades. Give Americano a try, they are trying and its better than most.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Better than any Tremont "hot spot," Americano consistently impresses with one-of-a-kind flavor, fare, and service. Absolutely our favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- predictably excellentBarryVIPDined on 8/8/2014We always enjoy dinner at Americano. The other night we both had bistro burgers. Certainly add good as any burger in town, probably better. Everything else was terrific. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Overall great experienceJanetVIPDined on 7/22/2014I am already looking forward to the next time that I can dine here! Such an interesting menu....beverages, appetizers, salads, entrees. The presentation of all was lovely. Knowledgeable, friendly staff. Very quiet, elegant but not stuffy environment. On the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommy CTommyCDined on 7/19/2014I had duck and my wife had salmon, both were cooked perfect, service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We have been to Americano before -- a few years ago - a special occasion, either my birthday or anniversary, and I thought it was quite lovely. I don't care for noisy over the top restaurants where it is difficult to hold a conversation or enjoy the company with whomever you are dining with or where the tables are so close together, you can hear everyone else's conversation. That is not the case at Americano! The food was excellent, and the service was very good. I prefer the wait staff to be accessible but not hovering over you or rushing you to go -- again we had none of that! I would definitely recommend it for dinner, which is the only time that we have gone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2014Great place. We love the food, service and people. We will return!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerClefoodDined on 7/10/2014Superb service, yummy food, old school drinks, great value---can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Never disappoints!!SueSDined on 7/3/2014It was a real treat this past July 3rd when Cole Davis, the co-owner, had on an apron and was waiting tables. He is so personable and down to earth, not to mention well rounded about his knowledge about any topic one brings up, will share with a patron how a dish is prepared, and has an aura of calm about him. Without Cole and Chef V, this restaurant would not be able to survive. The two work hand and hand and make for a spectacular dining experience. Our party of 3 could not decide on dessert and a complimentary dish of mint chocolate chip ice cream arrived at our table. A special dining experience awaits anyone who dines at the Americano! What are you waiting for? Go and enjoy!!!!!!Special Features:
- the air was not workingnotmyfirstchoiceDined on 6/28/2014I was so hot in there the air was not working and no one addressed the issue or asked us if we wanted to go outside to eat - it was not enjoyable at all
- Hidden Gem worth the huntOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014Americano is located on the ground floor of a condo high-rise behind a security gate in Bratenahl. But don't be discouraged. The food here is WONDERFUL! This is the second time we have dined here with family. Everyone finished everything on their plate--quite an accomplishment given that we were dining with picky teenagers. The service was a little slow--multiple servers waited on us and no one server seems to be "ours." But that is the only complaint. The food is well prepared, artfully presented, and quite simply delicious.Special Features:
- Me2222Dined on 6/27/2014Continues to be the best kept secrect for the finest dining spot in Cleveland. Chef is unbelieveable, serving only the freshest vegtables and seafood with great tasting steaks at more than reasonable prices. This is the place to go if you are interested in hearing the person across from you and what they are saying. My favorite in Cleveland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceTwisted1Dined on 6/27/2014Have a very nice time. Food was good, but the service was great! Staff was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MandDlove2dineouttogetherDined on 6/20/2014great dining experience delicious food great atmosphere great service what else can I say? our third time there!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmericanoSoulman1251VIPDined on 6/12/2014Overall experience was very nice. Atmosphere was a little dated (60s) but view and closeness to Lake Erie was great. Food was good. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteSocietynibblerDined on 6/12/2014I go to the Americano anytime I have special friends in town. The whole experience makes the evening special. I will return again and again.Special Features:
- Great spot hidden by the lake!Cory4girlsDined on 6/11/2014We really enjoyed Americano. The food was fabulous (and I'm picky.) My steak was cooked to order AND to perfection and the walleye my husband ordered was delicious, too. The waiter helped us with wine selections and answered truthfully about dishes that might not suit everyone. We enjoyed all three courses and would like to come again.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our visit - AGAIN!stamandVIPDined on 6/10/2014We had a group of eight with two having attended the wine tasting prior which is a fabulous deal! We shared appetizers of mussels, calamari and chicken wings (and a leftover pizza from the tasting) and barely a morsel left. Two of the party enjoyed the special of Cowboy Steak and it lived up to its name. Another two enjoyed the burgers, another the veal, mac and cheese with chicken and the meatloaf and another with the seafood special. Half the group got take home boxes due to the generous portion size. We shared an assortment of desserts from crème brulee to the chocolate and all were very tasty. The wines kept flowing throughout the meal and you have to try the Bordeaux Blanc! The service was attentive and pleasant.Special Features:
- Never disappointed!SueSDined on 6/3/2014Once again, everything was perfect. The portions featured on the menu are rather small, except for the pork chop and waffles..mmmm..gotta try it! The combination of flavors are a palate's dream come true. The specials have a tendency to be larger, so if you are hungry, try a special of the day, but plan on spending around 10 more dollars. Don't feel like you have to wear a suit and tie. Casual dress is fine, which is right up our alley!Special Features:
- Luv2EatLuv2EatVIPDined on 5/28/2014As usual, the dining experience was exceptional. We were celebrating our anniversary and enjoyed a very nice evening.Special Features:
- ahs55Dined on 5/24/2014we always enjoy our dining at Americano. Keep the beet and strawberry salad on the menu. YUM. As well as the pork chop. We love the place for special occasion dining Keep coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 342 reviews are from the Americano reviews archive.
- LovelySheilaDined on 5/17/2014Gracious staff, beautiful room, amazing food. LOVED IT! Would go back again if we are in the Cleveland area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem on the LakeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014If you want a great Dining spot, that gives you Rolls Royce service, then I would recommend this wonderful nostalgic restaurant with an open view of landscape and wonderful luscious trees, where dogs can walk and play, where the outside setting is private, and yet it can be very romantic or just plain fun. Now let's not forget about the food. In a simple word it is DIVINE. It comes out hot and delicious. The right spices to give the food the flavor it deserves, not over the top. The timing for your courses is perfect. You are not rushed and the staff is superb. I would recommend this gem and have to many of my friends. It is the perfect get a away in the summer for a great relaxing evening. Don't forget to take a walk on the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Americano MayMiamiQVIPDined on 5/17/2014As always we had an exceptional experience. We took friends who had not previously been there , and it exceeded their expectations based on our description. Kudos to Brian Carter and the rest of the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!3fordinnerDined on 5/17/2014Our dinner reservation was for six people, but we were pleasantly surprised by the arrival of a 7th guest! The staff quickly set another place. From cocktails and tasty calamari appetizer to well-prepared entrees, salads and desserts (wine too) the seven of us enjoyed being with each other Saturday evening to celebrate a birthday. The staff is great and treats you as a welcome guest. Will definitely return. We have always enjoyed our dinners at Americano. Lovely setting too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful/Enjoyable Evening.2dinersDined on 5/16/2014Never felt rush by the staff which were very accomodating. The walleye dinner was delicious. The filet was done the way my husband like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatwineauxDined on 5/10/2014This is my fourth visit there and as usual, everything was great. The food is wonderful and the service is outstanding. They make you feel as if you are friends who are dining at there home while still remaining professional. The veal chop was very large and done to perfection. I will beback soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemLdSRTDined on 5/10/2014Food is good and tasty. Good service. Friendly staff. Service was quick. Cheesecake Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- has potential if service improvesEdwardVIPDined on 5/6/2014Servers dont get it! its the details that are overlooked. wine glasses never refilled, no serving spoons provided with dishes, even when they know the food is being shares with the table. what a shame since the food is good. some light classical or smooth jazz background music would help the mundane armosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding establishmentMaullaceDined on 5/1/2014The food here is amazing. The staff was passionate about the dishes and so friendly. The restaurant is gorgeousSpecial Features:
- cedarfairmountfoodieDined on 4/25/2014I love this place! The food is superb, the service is great and it is well-priced. The relaxing, quiet atmosphere in the dining room makes for a very pleasant dining experience. The bar is fun--very high-energy. The place is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food. Great ValueTasboomDined on 4/17/2014Americano is a great little restaurant find in the middle of scenic Bratenahl. The food is always good. The menu never fails to offer numerous options. The wine list is just fine. The ambiance is upscale. And with neighbors and friends typically in the bar or restaurant, you can always count on a nice evening.Special Features:
- Each guest is special.WillowDined on 4/15/2014We were served promptly and felt unrushed as we lingered over our flavorful entrees from Americano's interesting menu. The dining always feels special at the Americano.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They did it again!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2014Excellent food, excellent service. We felt a little uncomfortable bringing the kids, but it worked out perfectly, even though, I would have to say that it's not really kid friendly. I had the salmon, which surprisingly was a little too salty. I have had nothing but great experiences, therefore, I will still go back again and again. My husband had the short ribs, which he thought was excellent. My son had the chicken Mac and cheese, I tasted it and wound definitely give it two thumbs way up! The younger boys had grilled chicken breast sandwiches on challah and fries, another excellent bite. Lastly, desert was phenomenal! We shared the creme brûlée, banana ricotta cheese cake, and a brownie sundae! Excellent, excellent, excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favorite!betterthanmecookingDined on 4/12/2014We celebrated my mom's 70th birthday at Americano and had a great experience as always. We had the entire family along and the staff helped to make our 2 year old comfortable and entertained so we could all enjoy our meal. The food was excellent and we will definitely be back!
- Wonderful Dinner!RWM1906VIPDined on 4/11/2014We again enjoyed another outstanding dinner at Americano on Friday, April 11th. The service was great and our dinners were fabulous, including the sinfully delicious desserts. We will be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.