1454 Camino del Mar
Del Mar, CA 92014-2510Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.americanarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8587946838
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Randy Gruber
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chef Randy would be happy to help you plan a special event on or off premises.We can handle any kind of catering event.
A word from Americana Restaurant
Americana, a little gem of a restaurant has been located at the prime corner of 15th Street and Camino Del Mar in Old Del Mar for 12 years. A comfortable and inviting sidewalk café wraps around the restaurant surrounded by lush vegetation and ocean views. Americana serves a great breakfast, lunch & dinner with a full bar in the day light hours. Many say the Bloody Mary’s are the best in the county. Americana Restaurant does not require reservations for Breakfast or Lunch so please come on it. At night time, the lights dim and the restaurant becomes a quaint bistro serving Mediterranean influenced fare with carefully chosen wines and great cocktails. Bon Appetit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Americana Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (4)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)fit for foodies (2)romantic (1)special occasion (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Bustling corner gemSteakdinnerDined on 8/22/2014A warm, inviting atmosphere in the heart of Del Mar offers a menu with something for everyone. I hear it is great for breakfast but dinner (especially the unique Kale salad) was wonderful. The massive banana split was the best I have ever had and perfect as a group dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLacartesilvousplaitDined on 8/1/2014Americana Restaurant was definitely a poor choice for my family and guests really because of the food. We were a party of seven and each one of us felt disappointed in the taste and quality of our meals. In fact, being quite hungry when we arrived, none of us even completely finished our meals and discussed making dessert at home to satisfy our still somewhat empty stomaches. The very overpriced and disappointing entrees have left us no desire to return. Americana Restaurant has a great location and that's all.
- Scenic, different menusjameshjrDined on 7/31/2014Very European in feel, with Del Mar Village right out the many windows. A block from 15th Street beach scene, perfect for walking to before or after dinner. The best part was the menu, with unusual takes on American-friendly food. A Del Mar neighborhood gem and a very good value with extremely friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for breakfast or lunchpoppyDined on 6/13/2014Have always loved this place for breakfast and lunch, but was disappointed in the dinner service. The food was over-priced for the quality, and the service was pathetically slow despite not being very busy. Will be back, but not for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Americana Restaurant reviews archive.
- One of my favoritesEricDined on 5/24/2014Great place for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The menu is well conceived and unpretentious in its sophistication.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute, Quaint with great foodmwbfoodieDined on 4/12/2014This place is so cute and quaint. They have a great food selection with indoor and outdoor dining. The outdoor dining has a beautiful fire place for those chilly nights. They have several wines to choose from, and a great selection of food for both vegetarians and meat eaters. They have an bar also inside if you don’t want a bite to eat, and also a wonderful selection of baked goods to sample if you are just passing by, or want a delicious after dinner treat. This place is a must try when you are in Del Mar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/29/2014Great placde for family friends and clients, Highly recommended for any time and any season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentRichardDined on 3/8/2014The food was excellent and the service was perfect. Great location and setting. You could not ask for a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehSD74Dined on 2/14/2014We weren't very impressed with our Valentine's dinner at Americana. I called ahead for a gluten-free menu and received a prompt call back stating there would be plenty to eat. Our waitress didn't know gluten from Elmer's glue, so our ordering experience was a bit academic. She called in back-up and we were able to order. The wine took a while to come out and I think she forgot about our appetizer until we reminded her. I'm pretty sure our entree was under a heat lamp while we ate our appetizer since it was hot on the outside and cool on the inside by the time we got our meal. My wife ordered medium well and the steak was fully cooked. Maybe it's not a dinner place, I think I'll try it for breakfast since I've heard it's OK then.Special Features:
- Great serviceJImmyVIPDined on 2/14/2014Good was very good. But not a place for a special occasion. Went here for Valentines Day and felt like I had to apologize to my wife. The food was great and the service was very good. But didn't not serve the purpose for a special occasion dinner. Too many better choices on same street. Better place for lunch or for a family.
- Wonderful Surprise !pswanDined on 12/31/2013Our group of 6 had the most amazing meal on New Years Eve! Osso Buco was to die for and well as the Cioppino was superb! A low key cafe ambiance with a very talented chef, we will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehfurryDined on 9/19/2013great location on the corner of 15th and the main drag of Del Mar. it was strangely empty for restaurant week. The three of us ended up ordering from the regular menu as most items were not that expensive and we usually only order one appetizer and one dessert between the three of us (myself, husband and 24 year old son). Bread was good and came with a very tasty garlic butter. Veg stack was intimidatingly huge, excellent pesto but the cheese was a bit rubbery. Fig flat bread was not balanced between the figs and cheese, too many figs and the flatbread was rather dry. The Caesar salad was excellent and fresh but the chicken on top was ho hum. Service was good.Special Features:
- Great food, great time!NorthCountyDinerDined on 9/18/2013We've been meaning to stop in for a long time, and restaurant week finally gave us the excuse we needed- such an awesome date night! We ate on the patio, which was pretty quiet but right on the sidewalk for fun people watching. They just rolled out a new craft cocktail menu- my sangria was lovely and sweet, his gimlet was strong but just fruity enough to be enjoyable. Dinner was great. Highlights were the appetizers for us- garlicky mussels in a white wine tomato broth and, surprisingly, wondefully seasoned deviled eggs. Service was great- our server was open with her advice, and suggested modifications when she thought we were getting dishes that were too similar to share. She timed everything so that we could relax and enjoy ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2013We went on a Tuesday night and had plenty of empty tables around us. The waitress was very attentive, but not hovering. The food was exceptional. My friend took advantage of the prix fixe menu and was very happy with the meal. I ordered a la carte and was just as satisfied. She had salmon and I had a shrimp & prosciuto appetizer and a flatbread BBQ chicken pizza. GREAT stuff all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak I had was just so-so...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2013The steak I had was just so-so... but we sat outside on the north west side of he building and had a view to the ocean. The view and the ambiance were worth the trip. The server was great. The manager had us move because the corner table had been reserved (even though there was no reserved sign) and then the mystery reserver's never showed.... but it was a fine restaurant for the price and the outdoor seating was greatSpecial Features:
- Worst serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/3/2013We were looking forward to eating at American Restaurant, however our experience was not such a good one. The service was beyond slow, which ruined the mood. The drink and food were good, but not even the best meal could have made up for the service.Special Features:
- Lovely views of the oceanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2013My husband and I had a great dinner while watching the sun set. We were seated outdoors and we loved it. I ordered a rigatoni while he ordered a turkey burger. Both were really good. We didn't like the fried calamari which we ordered as appetizer as it was pretty bland. Americana is a nice place to go for a casual and relaxing time. We would definitely return for breakfast or lunch.I am sure it will be just as good an experience on a sunny day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!!!mbx2Dined on 4/27/2013Glad Americana is on Open Table or we may not have found this wonderful restaurant. Happy Hour and Prix Fixe are great deals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2013food was good but I think they were shorthanded because service was slow although server was very nice. It took about 15-20 mins to get our bill then she forgot to deduct the groupon. again she was probably stretched to limit I still would recommend restaurant but not very stronglySpecial Features:
- A great find!Kerri2tjDined on 3/16/2013Came here on a Friday for dinner and the food/service was great! I would come back again. The Cesar salad with chicken was a huge portion and worth the price. My friend ordered the linguii and ate the entire plate stuffing her self with goodness!Special Features:
- The food was outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2012The food was outstanding, the service was prompt, curious and friendly. I would highly recommend the restaurantSpecial Features:
- A Del Mar GemDelMar1Dined on 6/9/2012Chef Randy Gruber grows his own herbs, the menu is seasonal and the restaurant is unpretentious. Service is attentive but the wait staff don't hover. The portions are generous - two could split a salad although the salads are so good, you'll want your own. The noise level is low so you can actually have a good conversation inside. The patio is dog-friendly complete with dog bowls and biscuits. The side sidewalkpatio has ocean views. The halibut is always excellent and the pastas never disappoint.Special Features:
- Consistently good.NMNATIVEVIPDined on 4/18/2012My dining partner and I both had halibut but served 2 different ways. Mine was a standard off the menu with a delicious pesto, served with risotto and asparagus. I've had this many times before at Americana and it is consistently delicious. My dining partner had the halibut special, blackened and served with sautéed spinach and rice. It was also very good and the portion of fish and spinach was ample. Very good, very consistent.Special Features:
- The Jem of Del Mar DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2012I've been a regular at Americana for years now, one of my wife and my favorite restaurants in Del Mar. The food and service is great, the ambiance is always fantastic, whether your dinning late at night or at sunset you can view the beautiful ocean on the right side of the restaurant or the historical aspects and shops at the front, both equally fantastic. The server's are well trained and always on top of what your needs are, taking orders quickly and refilling drinks quickly. The food is very good for the price, they have a Prix Fix dinner with many specials on it which includes a three course meal for 30. You can't find that anywhere else in Del Mar with a New York Strip & Green lip muscles. Quiet, friendly and pet friendly outside!Special Features: