American Tavern Eatery & Drink
1221 South Harbor boulevard
Anaheim, CA 92805Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
American Tavern Eatery & Drink
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://americantaverneatery.com/
- Phone: 7147580900
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Buffet 6:30am-11:30am
Tavern Menu 11:30am to Close
Happy Hour: 4pm-7pm with $5 Food & Drink Specials
Join us poolside at Hotel Ménage’s Hawaiian Palapa Bar for a front row seat for the Disneyland® Fireworks Spectacular.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Craig Connole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For more information please contact our sales and catering department at 714.758.0900 or email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: American Tavern Eatery & Drink loves to host private events offering classic comfort foods at affordable prices. Book your private event for the holidays.Contact us at 714.758.0900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private Party Contact: Sales/Catering (714)758-0900
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday nights
- Special Events: Hotel Ménage boasts over 5,000 sq. ft. of meeting space including a 2,500 sq. ft. Ballroom, five themed Rooms for intimate dinners and over an acre of Tropical poolside space. Whether hosting a large or intimate wedding, private party, corporate event or business meeting, Hotel Ménage and American Tavern Eatery offers the perfect venue for every occasion.
A word from American Tavern Eatery & Drink
Set inside Hotel Ménage, American Tavern Eatery & Drink offers comfort foods, craft beers and wines by the glass in a casual setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
American Tavern Eatery & Drink reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)neighborhood gem (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Unexpected GemDtoxDined on 6/20/2014The food here was awesome. I was looking for something close to Disneyland, but away from the park as my parents were in for a conference at the Disneyland Hotel. The menu had various portions, from tapas style to gargantuan burgers. All the food we had was good as we ended up trying something from everyone's plate .Special Features:
- Food good, but the rest was poorElephantwalkVIPDined on 6/1/2014I stood for a long time at the entrance before anyone acknowledged me. When I finally got seated I realized it was by the breakfast buffet and then sat through the noise of that being torn down. The service was slow, but the food was good. Wouldn't go back.
- The following 326 reviews are from the American Tavern Eatery & Drink reviews archive.
- Was closed for breakfastKurtVIPDined on 5/20/2014I received a confirmation of my reservation for 730am and the restaurant was closed for breakfast. I set his up for an interview meeting so it did not make me look professional. Kurt
- Pleasant SurpriseRyan92262VIPDined on 5/7/2014Can one really expect decent fare, nicely prepared at a hotel just outside the gates of Disneyland? I was skeptical, but was nicely surprised at American Tavern. Everything was really nicely prepared and flavorful. The menu is varied and shows some creativity. The chef even came out, talked to us about our meals, and told us what he plans for the summer menu. It all sounded great. If I'm back in the area on business again, I would dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Made a reservation for my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014They were not aware of my reservation nor did they have a table ready for my party. 5-7 min later we get seated. No one advises us we need to pay in order to receive a plate. Finally somehow we find where to pay and I let them know we want the unlimited mimosas. Mimosas do not make it to our table for 30 MIN's!!! In the meantime one comes to check on us or bring clean plates. Some of my party used the same plate when returning to the buffet, my husband and I just left our dirty plates on the counter because we didn't know what to do with them. Finally, when we are pretty much done eating we receive our mimosas. I had really high hopes for this place but sadly it did not meet any of my expectations.
- Swank!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Everything was great all the way down to the acoustic guitar player. Very nice, comfortable and affordable. Our server was just awful though. Management and the chef fixed everything. Can not rate this place horrible for one server messing it up. When my wife didn't like the plate she received they quickly brought her something else. They aim to please and are wonderful about it. Thanks to the wonderful management for saving the night. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opentablelvrsVIPDined on 4/17/2014Burrata salad was great but salmon special was over cooked and over salted. Service was very slow.
- Dinner and FireworktaewanVIPDined on 3/2/2014Nice place located in the lobby of a hotel near disneyland. Come at night time and enjoy disney's firework show while you dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service.chienVIPDined on 2/24/2014This was my husband and I's first time at American Tavern Eatery. We decided to try it because of their participation in Restaurant Week. How could we not? A 3 course menu AND beer for $30? Our server was Fernando and he was FANTASTIC! Could NOT have been happier with the service that he provided. He was very friendly and attentive. Our food was delicious and came out at a fairly quick pace. I started off the night with a house salad, then had the Shrimp Scampi for my entree and ended my meal with the brownie sundae. Everything I had met my expectations. We would DEFINITELY come back again!Special Features:
- san diego guest.....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2014This was a great meal to start off our week! Molly was great and was nice to my kiddos! thanks! KimberlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindChrisDined on 2/21/2014Neat spot close to Disneyland that has the right idea, they just need to enhance it a little.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTheHopperDined on 2/13/2014We had our Valentines dinner here. The atmosphere loud. We ordered the bacon cheese fries with wine as an appetizer and it was very basic with fries completely covered with cheese. The cheese overpowered this dish and tasted like a processed cheese. We had the hangover burger and bacon wrapped scallops as our main course. The bacon scallops were again smothered in this processed cheese so at this point we told our waiter about this bland taste. He argued with us about the taste. We ordered a side salad just to get the taste out of our mouth. In the end I was shocked that not only were we charged for every dish, we were also charged for the side salad to cover the bad taste. Very disappointing. We would not go back.
- lucky guesssarahconciergeVIPDined on 2/7/2014We picked this spot randomly and had a wonderful experience! Food, ambiance and service were all great.
- No diners, no servicejcsuperstar333Dined on 2/6/2014The restaurant was not very busy, but that did not improve the dinner service. Our server was very nice, but could not handle the few diners that were there. The food was a disappointment. Usually my complaint is that there is no seasoning. This time the salt flowed in abundance. Honestly one of the worst risottos I've eaten.
- Disney fireworksFamilyofSixVIPDined on 12/31/2013We Had a Great dinner here after a long day of site seeing. The staff was friendly and attentive. I had fish tacos that were very good. Their pretzel bread was a hit with the kids. Given it was New Year's Eve and based on comments from other diners we didn't have high expectations. After dining we were pleasantly surprised. The live two piece band was a nice touch as well. The highlight of the evening was the great viewing spot this place has at the pool bar for the Disneyland fire works! I would go back to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hidden GemjimboDined on 12/20/2013Located inside the Menage a nice little place with great food, and even better prices. Wonderful service and live entertainment on Friday and Saturday. I highly recommend this place for a date or with the family, it is that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needed to eat dinnerAndieDined on 12/9/2013I choose this restaurant as it was in the Hotel Menage (near Disneyland) that we were at attending a meeting. We knew we would be out of the meeting at 7pm, and thought we would eat at their restaurant. It was a cold room, The tables were not attractively set up or inviting. It was more like a fast food restaurant with alcohol. We opted to eat at the bar, as there were more people there, and the Monday night football game was in. We had a cocktail, which was made ok. A little pricey for the place. My husband had their hamburger, which he said was good, but was not served with anything. I just had a flat bread 4 cheese pizza, which was tasty. Probably will never eat there again. This cost us $45.00.Special Features:
- Nice ambianceShorstfDined on 11/28/2013Had the best Thanksgiving turkey dinner at American tavern. It was the perfect place to take my family for a decadent meal on Thanksgiving. The bacon wrapped dates, shrimp scampi, and smoked salmon goat cheese spread were some of our favorites. Along with a delicious Traditional Turkey dinner. It was all to die for! And how could I forget the pumpkin pie and warm brownie topped with vanilla ice cream for dessert. Yummy! Hands down was one of the best Thanksgivings I've ever experienced. Thank you Tavern for giving us a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good hotel restaurantOystersDined on 8/13/2013Located inside Hotel Menage, right next to Disneyland. Nice ambiance, good food. Real nice menu with great selections. All three of our meals and one appetizer was very good. If it hadn't been the non-attentive waitress (had to ask the busboy to find our waitress), who it turns out, walked past our table 4 times without acknowledging us, I would have rated the restaurant higher.Special Features:
- awful.AmazingDined on 8/10/2013I was expecting more from the pictures and description. No one greeted us. We went outside and sat at tables by bar. Then went inside and sat at bar. It was basically a hotel restaurant and would be good if u stayed there. We left after not getting anyone to serve us.
- Food took a long time, wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/29/2013Food took a long time, was cold when it arrived, and seemed cheap. On the positive side, our waitress, Toni, was very kind and did her best to make us happy.
- Was very different when itlapsrusVIPDined on 3/7/2013Was very different when it was "K'ya". Now it's a big empty room with formica tables scattered around. Food was just OK.Special Features:
- With this restaurant's closeheycamsterVIPDined on 3/3/2013With this restaurant's close location to the Disneyland parks, I thought it might be a real find for dining choices! My first visit was not promising. I will give it one more try. The restaurant is in the lobby of the Hotel Menage, and offers free parking. The light and open feel was a plus. Service was inattentive, our orders were incorrect and instead of refilling water, the water glasses were taken away. The food was okay and reasonable. Offering a version of caprese salad that was almost inedible seems misguided. If dining out and prompting your waiter to WRITE THE ORDER DOWN, ASKING for beverage refills, and being patient in an empty restaurant 30 minutes before you can order doesn't bother you, then American Tavern might be for you.
- Great find near Disneyland!!hctcmcmcDined on 6/30/2012Great food, great service, very cool place. Not very busy at all, but it should be. Glad we found this place instead of all the chains and touristy places around Disneyland. In a very cool hotel with interesting decor and felt very comfortable. The kids loved it too. Yummy!!!Special Features:
- I just didn't think it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2012I just didn't think it was as special and different as the website made it seem. The menu structure could use some organizing. I think the idea behind the restaurant is awesome. This place has great potential. I think it is really up to the staff to know their product and help create that foodie excitement.Special Features:
- Is the food good? It dependslapsrusVIPDined on 5/25/2012Is the food good? It depends on what you ordered. The venue, being in a hotel, is not conducive to taking any chances so, despite the descriptions, everything is pretty ordinary. Having said that, it's great for families, due to the varied choices. The place is a bargain, compared to other Disney-local hotel restaurants. Overall, K'ya meets and exceeds their target market's needs.Special Features:
- We were excited to try K'yaCDB1Dined on 3/28/2012We were excited to try K'ya Street Fare because we love K'ya in Laguna Beach. This one was a huge disappointment. It looks like a Denny's coffee shop that they tried to dress up, but they didn't go far enough. You still feel like you are sitting in a Denny's booth. The food was OK. Some dishes were very good, some were marginal. The margarita comes in a water glass, not too classy. We made a reservation on Open Table, but we didn't need to...the place was nearly empty.
- Just a normal placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2012Everything was good, but it started off bad. They let us sit at a tables which was wobbling. I mean, seriously get that fixed or don't sit your costumers there when there are 10 other tables open. The presentation of the food was just bleh. They gave us the food on cheap plates and there was no presentation. The food did taste pretty good, I've got to give them that. But if your looking for ambiance, great food, and some more upscale romantic place for you and your other half. This is not the place.
- K'ya LOVED IT!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2012Loved the food/desserts & the prices!!! MUST TRY THE AMAZING BREAD PUDDING!!! I didn't care for the iceed margarita, great service, beautiful location.Special Features:
- Located within a hotel soBabyblommerDined on 3/2/2012Located within a hotel so only have valet parking. They do not know how to make a good bloody mary.Special Features:
- Major let downJaredDined on 3/1/2012I was really looking forward to eating here w my family. Unfortunately there was a complete lack of service. Our sever was almost never on the floor & if there's a delay in the kitchen keep your guests informed! Either he forgot something or the kitchen did. We waited 30 minutes for drinks after that we complained about the wait but it was pointless as we ended up leaving the restaurant 2 hours later because everything took so long to come out. Their soups and entrees weren't worth the wait as they were lacking in flavor and overly greasy. Great concept of having many cuisines available in one place....they just don't make any of it well. We all had the bread pudding for dessert and that was fantastic. Everything else was a complete let do.
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2012This was my FIRST oc restaurant week and my FIRST place I went to however it was not a good experience. The waiter didn't know anything about the menu. The food service was extremely slow (we were the first group there for lunch special). The food was not well prepared as for a spicy veggie soup there was shrimp and sausage (some kind of meat in it). Main course was poorly prepared as well. By the time we left we had been there almost 2 hours. I will not be going back there again nor will I suggest it. I will be trying another place and I hope this place will improve my experience on oc restaurant week.
- Loved the variety! EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2012Loved the variety! Everything was great with the exception of the spicy tuna hand roll which didn't taste very fresh. The rice in it was hard and the fish tasted fishy. Overall it was pleasant and happy hour prices make it worth it!Special Features:
- Decent but not amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/19/2012Eclectic collection of different types of food. Everything from American to Thai to Korean to Hawaiian. Maybe too broad. Chicken wrap was cloyingly sweet -- very strange for what's usually a savory dish. Waitress claimed dish was good, but perhaps too much mint for her, but no mint evident in my dish. Kim Chee was decent -- how much can you expect for a restaurant within a mile of Disneyland? Coconut shrimp were good, perhaps a little overkooked. Spacious seating and reasonably comfortable booths. Reasonable prices. Maybe better for families with children than for foodies.
- A little bit of everything...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/14/2012Good place when you are in the mood for a little of everything. Nothing over $10 though some portions leave a bit to be desired. Good for groups that want to share a sample various fare. Free valet parking.Special Features:
- Small PortionsJedkydhoVIPDined on 1/1/2012The food portions for dinner are too small as they appear to be appetizer size and you have to get 2 to make a larger size meal. The creme bruele dessert was not that great as it was more like pudding.Special Features:
- Fit for Tourists, Not FoodiesKFinnVIPDined on 12/26/2011The food was mediocre, best suited for tourists. The service was slow - understaffed. The menu was amazingly broad, but perhaps that's why no dish had any special flare.
- We had a wonderful meal. TheLindaVIPDined on 12/21/2011We had a wonderful meal. The menu was very diverse and we tried several selections from different cities. All were terrific with good size portions.Special Features:
- We love K'ya in Laguna andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/17/2011We love K'ya in Laguna and we were not disappointed in the Anaheim, loved it!Special Features:
- Gem place.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2011great place to just talk and hang out.... food was a little small serving size.Special Features: