80 Centre Street
Nantucket, MA 02584Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.americanseasons.com/
- Phone: 5082287111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Monday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm (Closed Tues & Wed); Open Seven Days After May 18th
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from American Seasons
Nestled in the center of Nantucket’s historic downtown, American Seasons offers some of the island’s most creative food, along with a one-of-a-kind boutique wine list. Join us as we celebrate our 20th season. Located at the end of historic Centre Street in one of the island’s oldest restaurant sites, American Seasons is widely considered to be one of Nantucket’s premier dining destinations. The kitchen, helmed by Chef Michael LaScola, is renowned for its playful twists on American favorites. Chef LaScola’s emphasis on regional and seasonal produce is paired with Sommelier Orla Murphy LaScola’s equally creative wine list. Featuring over 500, American-produced wines, American Seasons’ award-winning, hard-to-get list is admired and emulated across the country.Cozy yet bustling, the candlelit dining room is adorned by Americana memorabilia, game board tables and harvest murals. During the summer, hand hammered copper tables provide al fresco dining on the restaurant’s covered patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
American Seasons - Best Restaurants in Nantucket ›
American Seasons reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
romantic (26)fit for foodies (26)special occasion (24)notable wine list (20)neighborhood gem (19)great for outdoor dining (12)hot spot (10)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- The best of ACKmowen09VIPDined on 9/22/2014Went here for our 2 year anniversary dinner. The food never stops getting better! American Seasons is the best on the island and we look forward to dining here every time we're on the island. I had the brined chicken, my wife had the cod. Both were equally outstanding. Service was second to none - a must for every foodie!Special Features:
- It's perfect!RegularVIPDined on 9/9/2014We have been to American Seasons numerous times, and it's always a treat. Romantic settng, not loud, creative dishes, perfect service. It's our favorite restaurant on the island.Special Features:
- One of the top East Coast restosewindelsVIPDined on 9/6/2014Outstanding head to toe, every time. We talk about our anticipated visit all year long. Not a lot more to say!Special Features:
- Never miss it when on NantucketDineout2muchVIPDined on 9/2/2014Always a great meal served with distinction. Would recommend you visit American Seasons any time your dining out on Nantucket.Special Features:
- Another Return VisitFloeyVIPDined on 8/17/2014We always try to fit in a meal here - the rye cavatelli was excellent and salads are always imaginative and fresh using the best local produce, as are desserts. The menu changes a good deal from year to year - sometimes that's a good thing but I've been hoping for a return of the watermelon, tomato and feta salad from a couple of years ago (think there were pine nuts and mint involved).Special Features:
- My Favorite Nantucket RestuarantRandyDined on 8/12/2014I love American Seasons and this visit did not disappoint. The food is consistently delicious using fresh ingredients and creative combinations and it is vegetarian friendly. The restaurant has a very relaxed and comfortable decor and it's an easy restaurant - it doesn't have the snooty, fussy feel of other Nantucket restaurants. Our server was attentive, informative, and personable. They have delicious cocktails - definitely try the basil / grapefruit martini or the blood orange margarita - both are fresh and light. The smoked tomato grits side dish is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just too weird - never againOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/10/2014I have eaten here several times over the years and I will not go back. The chef just uses strange combinations of ingredients which don't make sense together. Normally I like a little adventure but this is a step too far. The signature dish of suckling pig should be called pig pie, yes it is that disgusting! I really cannot understand why this remains such a popular restaurant - it is just too weird. So many better choices in Nantucket.Special Features:
- Creative cuisine on NantucketOrangeSquaredDined on 7/23/2014if you're looking for a respite from run-of-the-mill seafood while vacationing on Nantucket, American Seasons merits a visit. Thoughtfully prepared dishes include fresh fish and crustaceans, as well as a stunning variety of house-prepared meats from sausages to terrines and pates. We sampled the latter as part of a charcuterie platter appetizer that proved more abundant than we'd expected (get the half portion if you're in a small party). The pan-seared fluke special I ordered was precisely that--not roasted to a crisp or raw--served over an ingenious assemblage of hominy, sweet onions, and scallions, and topped with a pimento relish. Delicious. We will be back next time we're on the island.Special Features:
- Very Good but not ExcellentBabavicVIPDined on 7/20/2014We dined on the tented patio, by the recommendation of the hostess by phone , (since we had never been there before.) We assumed it would be outdoor tables with umbrellas,lovely gardens, etc. but it was a circus like tent ...therefore the better dining environment is definitely inside the home. The menu is very unusual and some of the items are too complicated. Too many different tastes in a food presentation. For example, I had the brined chicken over chicken hamhock (gristly) with yellow eyed peas . The chicken breast was moist and tasty but the rest of the entree was just ok. Because of the eclectic mix of foods, it is very difficult to make an order decision. You may have to sing an eeny meeny miny moe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedPassiveFoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Made a last minute reservation online not wanting to deal w high end ACK restaurant attitude. Hostess confirming reservation noticed it was booked online and asked whether the 5:30 time was indeed what I wanted as not all slots are available online. I appreciated that v much as 5:30 vs. 6:15 makes a difference. Kudos. Set the stage for lovely evening. It has a romantic setting but also comfortable for taking your in-laws out. Food is excellent. They had a chicken fried lobster app special which was good and the rye cavatelli was excellent. Had the sirloin - great texture with lentils and perfectly cooked / tender. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BKelmDined on 6/22/2014What a find!!! The food was some of the best I have ever eaten. The salmon dish was spectacular. The chef is very creative - interesting combinations create wonderful food dishes. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience, Great Foodjennifer2085VIPDined on 6/21/2014The food and drinks were absolutely incredible! Beginnning to end, great experience. Food portions are a little small, but you definitely will not leave hungry!Special Features:
- A true gemsconsetgirlVIPDined on 6/15/2014This is our favorite restaurant on Nantucket. It is outstanding in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations too high ?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014Perhaps because it was hard to get into and had such an excellent reputation we were expecting more. Service was good, wine list was excellent (plenty of smaller producers) but food was good rather than stunning. The pork confit was excellent but my monkfish dish was let down by the very salty pasta. Desserts were over-simple. We'd go back but there are plenty of others to try.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner for EightNicknameVIPDined on 6/7/2014Our family of eight all here for a brief visit and we wanted a great place to have dinner. American Seasons did a great job of welcoming us, our waitress and other servers were excellent, and we had a wonderful table for eight. We all enjoyed the delicious food. We highly recommend it.Special Features:
- The following 109 reviews are from the American Seasons reviews archive.
- Amazing flavorsHappyTravelerDined on 5/21/2014One if the best meals we've eaten at a restaurant in years. The pan fried trout special was outstanding and the Beef Rib dinner was cooked perfectly. The chocolate mousse with pistachio bark was also delicious. Each selection had a number if interesting flavor combinations that make you want to savor each bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint is the IslandOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/20/2014And this restaurant is everything Nantucket! Charming, small, tucked in a quiet nook! Sit in the garden patio if the weather permits. Regardless, enjoy one of the most relaxing meals in one of the nicest settings the island has to offer. Succulent local scallops will make you think of the old salt in Madaket harbor who procured your first course. The vegetables, the family farmer who toils the sandy soil to deliver tomatoes and greens to your table. The melt in your mouth fresh caught fish. Well, I digress. Local. Delectable. Memorable. Romantic. Hidden (not really). Gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodfrequenttraveler330VIPDined on 5/15/2014We have dined here several times over a period of many years, and the food is consistently very good. Our only reason for not dining here more frequently is the limited menu selection, but the server did a great job of accommodating my husband's food allergy. Our guests were very pleased with their meals as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencehaleyrose84Dined on 5/14/2014Came here with friends, and we had an absolute blast. Great selection of wines plus really delicious food. Comfortable atmosphere - perfect for a group dinner out or romantic date night.Special Features:
- Excellent and innovativeLizkVIPDined on 4/26/2014This has been a main attraction in Nantucket for over a decade.... Gets better every year! Impeccable attention to detail and interesting ingredient combinations. Most beautiful veggie ricotta we ever saw! More vegetables than risotto which we loved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place tiny portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Food was very good but offset by TINY portions. Not a good value. Recommend for romantic occasion or super snobby foodies!Special Features:
- As always, GREAT.mitchelltgDined on 4/24/2014Never had a bad meal at American Seasons. Menu is limited but the food is top notch. Went with three couples, on a busy evening, had a blast. I noted Noise Level as "Energetic" as it was this evening, but when the crowd is on the lighter side, the noise level is just fine. Note, that the lighting tends to be very low, but that seems to be the case in most restaurants in Nantucket.Special Features:
- An Okay DinnerRegularVIPDined on 4/24/2014We have been patronizing AS for years. It is one of our "go to"places, especially during the "shoulder" seasons on Nantucket. For us, it is much more a Spring/Fall place, rather than a place we'd visit during the August insanity. Tonight wasn't one of their best efforts. My salmon was just passable, and the sea scallop appetizer (yes there was just one of them) was wonderful but a downright miserly portion. We were able to find several wonderful wines at very attractive prices. The sommelier is doing their job well. We'll be back after the high season has passed us by.Special Features:
- Absolutely outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2014This is one of the best restaurants and dishes I have had in the past few years. We had different appetizers, main courses, and desserts and they were all outstanding. The ambience was very pleasant, candlelights and low noise. The staff was competent and very respectful. We had our eight year old son with us, and he loved his courses off the regular menu. The service was very prompt without any unnecessary waits. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Incredible experience every timemowen09VIPDined on 12/8/2013We make sure to eat here each time we go to Nantucket. The food, atmosphere, service and unique approach are all without equal. Reinventing the menu leaves just enough from your last visit while also making sure your meal is unforgettable. Cannot wait to be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!napagirlDined on 12/5/2013We had a fantastic meal during our recent stay for the Xmas Stroll on Nantucket. Especially memorable were the Nantucket bay scallops-little nuggets of sweetness with that touch of brine from the ocean. Every ingredient in each dish was of the highest quality and the chef married the flavors together to bring out the best in each dish. We really enjoyed this restaurant.Special Features:
- Consistently awesomeManfromNantucketDined on 10/14/2013We love this restaurant. Orla and Michael do a great job. The menu is a challenge for those without imagination and knowledge of the nomenclature. Get past this and you'll have a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere and food was greatsouthendfoodieDined on 10/5/2013Atmosphere and food was great and most of the staff was also wonderful. That being said, service was slow. At every stage of our meal, we waited eons. We ordered drinks before dinner and half of the group got theirs and then 20 minutes passed before the rest of the group was served. The table next to us sat, ate and left before we got our entrees.
- FantasticmitchelltgDined on 10/4/2013We have eaten here many times and always find ourselves going back. Just a great spot. My only note would be it can be a bit dark at night and since the location is historic, the seating can be tight for larger parties of 4+. Otherwise, outstanding and one of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss it!CatibondDined on 10/4/2013Celebrated my birthday with a group of friends. All 8 of us had exceptional meals. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cannot be missedmowen09VIPDined on 9/24/2013This was one of the best meals we've ever had, and not just on Ack. We started with the kimche pancakes and Bartlett beet salad - both very tasty and balanced. For entrees we had the salmon and sirloin..both were a amazingly textured and delicious. Great wine selection to choose from and cannot wait to go back! Great for a romantic dinner on your 1 year anniversary trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to Amerian SeasonsDCKCDined on 9/17/2013We liked the charm and atmosphere at the restaurant. The food was inventive and well prepared. I had squab that was perfectly cooked, flavorful and juicy, however the portion was miniscule. I communicated that to the server after she asked how it was. I suggest a larger squab or two. The wine recommendation was outstanding and the desserts were very good. We will return and enjoy American Seasons again.Special Features:
- The.Best. Evershamrock62178Dined on 9/15/2013Attentive servers, creative menu, relaxed ambiance, impressive wine list. My only regret is waiting so long to try out American Seasons! It literally was one of the best meals I've ever had anywhere. I highly recommend the carrot terrine with burrata cheese and ginger-- so flavorful and innovative. I hardly ever stray from a standard beet salad that I order as an app wherever I go, but this was a welcome change. I also suggest the Flying Elvis for dessert. The chocolate ganache is sinfully rich and delicious! Can't wait to go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, superb !5july1937VIPDined on 9/15/2013Another great meal at American season. Wonderful food, portions and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint perfect spotCarpersnDined on 9/12/2013We loved everything about our meal at American Seasons, but were disappointed the small plates weren't offered on the patio-only at the bar. That had been one of our deciding factors; however, what we did get was delicious, and the experience made it all ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoxyDined on 9/3/2013We have come to American Seasons year after year and it never fails to disappoint - excellent food and service. Always a memorable meal and never a morsel left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saved only by the Food.SplewisVIPDined on 8/29/2013The food was outstanding... and it needed to be because the service (attitudinally) and the ambience (inside dining room) were fair. Good: My wife and I are foodies so we were not disappointed with quality of the dishes. The steak was tender and the sauces heighten the flavor. The vegetable risotto was interesting because it was made with farro. The kohlrobi soup was tasty. Bad: The tables (4 tops) are very close together; you'll be rubbing elbows with the next table and their conversation will be competing with yours so clostrophobics be warned. Also, there is no kid's menu, unlike other high end restaurants on the Island so I would recommend getting a sitter unless you want to pay $15 for the single "Chicken McNugget" like appetizer.Special Features:
- Nantucket GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2013Arrived early & loved the food & atmosphere. Even the salad was so delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistant over the yearsgorgeousDined on 8/21/2013i have been going to American Seasons once or twice a year for several years. American Seasons has never failed to amaze my taste buds. Who woulda Guessed?; Should be the theme here. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonably Good; Reasonably PricedCantabrigian10Dined on 8/19/2013Not easy to find something with short notice on Nantucket. This was a good choice in a sea of expensive restaurants. Nice ambiance, good menu, generally OK. Good but not memorable.Special Features: