80 Centre Street
Nantucket, MA 02584Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.americanseasons.com/
- Phone: (508) 228-7111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Monday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm (Closed Tues & Wed); Open Seven Days After May 18th
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from American Seasons
Nestled in the center of Nantucket’s historic downtown, American Seasons offers some of the island’s most creative food, along with a one-of-a-kind boutique wine list. Join us as we celebrate our 20th season. Located at the end of historic Centre Street in one of the island’s oldest restaurant sites, American Seasons is widely considered to be one of Nantucket’s premier dining destinations. The kitchen, helmed by Chef Michael LaScola, is renowned for its playful twists on American favorites. Chef LaScola’s emphasis on regional and seasonal produce is paired with Sommelier Orla Murphy LaScola’s equally creative wine list. Featuring over 500, American-produced wines, American Seasons’ award-winning, hard-to-get list is admired and emulated across the country.Cozy yet bustling, the candlelit dining room is adorned by Americana memorabilia, game board tables and harvest murals. During the summer, hand hammered copper tables provide al fresco dining on the restaurant’s covered patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
American Seasons - Best Restaurants in Nantucket ›
American Seasons reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (27)special occasion (17)romantic (17)neighborhood gem (17)notable wine list (16)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- The.Best. Evershamrock62178Dined on 9/15/2013Attentive servers, creative menu, relaxed ambiance, impressive wine list. My only regret is waiting so long to try out American Seasons! It literally was one of the best meals I've ever had anywhere. I highly recommend the carrot terrine with burrata cheese and ginger-- so flavorful and innovative. I hardly ever stray from a standard beet salad that I order as an app wherever I go, but this was a welcome change. I also suggest the Flying Elvis for dessert. The chocolate ganache is sinfully rich and delicious! Can't wait to go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, superb !5july1937VIPDined on 9/15/2013Another great meal at American season. Wonderful food, portions and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint perfect spotCarpersnDined on 9/12/2013We loved everything about our meal at American Seasons, but were disappointed the small plates weren't offered on the patio-only at the bar. That had been one of our deciding factors; however, what we did get was delicious, and the experience made it all ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoxyDined on 9/3/2013We have come to American Seasons year after year and it never fails to disappoint - excellent food and service. Always a memorable meal and never a morsel left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saved only by the Food.SplewisVIPDined on 8/29/2013The food was outstanding... and it needed to be because the service (attitudinally) and the ambience (inside dining room) were fair. Good: My wife and I are foodies so we were not disappointed with quality of the dishes. The steak was tender and the sauces heighten the flavor. The vegetable risotto was interesting because it was made with farro. The kohlrobi soup was tasty. Bad: The tables (4 tops) are very close together; you'll be rubbing elbows with the next table and their conversation will be competing with yours so clostrophobics be warned. Also, there is no kid's menu, unlike other high end restaurants on the Island so I would recommend getting a sitter unless you want to pay $15 for the single "Chicken McNugget" like appetizer.Special Features:
- Nantucket GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2013Arrived early & loved the food & atmosphere. Even the salad was so delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistant over the yearsgorgeousDined on 8/21/2013i have been going to American Seasons once or twice a year for several years. American Seasons has never failed to amaze my taste buds. Who woulda Guessed?; Should be the theme here. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonably Good; Reasonably PricedCantabrigian10Dined on 8/19/2013Not easy to find something with short notice on Nantucket. This was a good choice in a sea of expensive restaurants. Nice ambiance, good menu, generally OK. Good but not memorable.Special Features:
- We will be backRonayVIPDined on 8/18/2013Its our 4th yr in Nantucket but first time to try American Seasons. Why did we wait!!! This place is wonderful. The service is fantastic - the barmaid was particularly helpful. The chicken nugget is to die for. Delicious. Lots of charm and a nice busy vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!PuppykayDined on 8/11/2013Use to live on Island, have dined at American Seasons many times! Have never had a poor meal. Back on island last weekend, and reality was as good as memory! Great meal, wonderful service, lovely ambiance! Can't go wrong with American Seasons!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightfulJennDined on 7/10/2013delicious - Day Boat Scallops Bartlett’s Farm Fried Green Tomatoes & Smokey Crayfish Butter terrific flavors - Summer Succotash & Fried Pickles hearty! - Farro “Risotto” Mushroom Broth, Summer Vegetables, Vermont Cloth Bound Cheddar, Soft Egg as a southern raised gal, the fried pickles and green tomatoes were spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nantucket's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/6/2013The food preparation and presentation at American Seasons is truly exceptional. We've enjoyed some of the best restaurants on Nantucket, but none, in my opinion, are better than American Seasons. Our reservation at Figs at 29 Fair by Todd English was cancelled because of a gas leak in their kitchen. So, we all agreed to go back for a second time to American Seasons to assess whether it really was as good as we imagined earlier in the week. We all ordered something completely different the second visit, and it also was equally phenomenal. The service is as outstanding as the food, too. We particularly enjoyed the charming servers, three of whom are from Bulgaria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was top notch. MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/2/2013The food was top notch. Menu might be limiting for some. I guess the only drawback I had was the place itself - old and I thought a little too dark. Just didn't seem very summery too me.Special Features:
- Honestly, one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/1/2013Honestly, one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at from the ambiance to the service to the meal (the food was outstanding). Truly outstanding, and as a hard to please New Yorker that is saying a lot!!Special Features:
- A Nantucket MustReneeVIPDined on 6/29/2013You get a real sense of Nantucket as the dining room is divided into small, quaint spaces and each table is hand painted with a game board lit by a giant hurricane lamp. Dark atmosphere and the table becomes your private world. The menu is outstanding and the food is better than the menu. It's a "Must" if you visit Nantucket!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryRickranDined on 6/13/2013We celebrated our 25th here. It was the ideal choice. The right blend of food and ambience. Spectacular menu options (a tuna special put on the board due to a fresh catch that morning). Noise level was perfect for an intimate evening.Special Features:
- Creative menusOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2013A lively and memorable dining venue with a very creative chef. Casual and sophisticated, but crowded with small tables. Excellent food and young attractive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but super slow bar.....LizkVIPDined on 4/27/2013Always a favorite when on Nantucket...... Just can't figure out why it takes 15-20 minutes to get our drinks from the bar.....have to have a drink before going next time and not be in a hurry for the next one!Special Features:
- Perfect Dinner - Historic setting.JohnVIPDined on 4/27/2013A terrific meal in an elegant enclosed porch. The Char was perfectly prepared but surpassed by my starter - the scallops on a fried green tomato. Would have had 5 portions of this - quite amazing. My companions meal was equally impressive, smoked trout followed by pork tenderloin. Very fresh food, great flavors, elegant presentations. My only negative complaints, the plastic folding chairs (it is a porch) were not a match to the elegant setting. In addition, a large group of young girls in a bachelorette party were lively and fun to observe, but a bit too noisy for me.
- Nantucket at its best!OrelseDined on 4/27/2013Exquisite presentation, lovely 'Nantucket' ambiance. Attentive, helpful waitstaff.Special Features:
- This was a very disappointingMoxieMVIPDined on 4/27/2013This was a very disappointing evening. The Menu was challenging, the preparation not great and the service laughable.
- The wait staff was not asOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/14/2013The wait staff was not as attentive as other restaurants on the island. However, the food was terrific.
- Beautiful Winter Eve in Nantucket!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/7/2012We have been eating at American Seasons for years but this is the first time we were there in the winter. The fall menu was delicious, hearty, and flavorful. The ambiance was romantic and festive with the approach of the holiday season. It was a lovely evening!Special Features:
- the food was inventive andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/1/2012the food was inventive and tasted delish!! Service was friendly but knowledgable!Special Features:
- Wonderful, wonderful meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/1/2012Wonderful, wonderful meal! We couldn't have asked for a better dinner!Special Features:
- We have been going to Am SeasonsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/23/2012We have been going to Am Seasons for 20 years and were so disappointed. The menu is not regional any longer and the portions are ridiculously small. My son (12) had a $37 steak which was three small strips of Sirloin. My husband had the pork loin which was equally stingy and not even well placed on the plate. We wont go back. Too many new and better restaurants on the island.
- Wonderful and eclectic menu.KReneeDined on 11/21/2012Wonderful and eclectic menu. The service cannot be beat.Special Features:
- American Seasons has the mostAckDebVIPDined on 11/9/2012American Seasons has the most creative cuisine on the island!Special Features:
- Beautiful meal at American SeasonsfreshfoodieVIPDined on 11/1/2012Our dinner at American Seasons was the best dinner we had in Nantucket all year, and that is saying something with so many outstanding restaurants here. We had the Duck, Cod and the Pork, all outstanding choices. We highly recommend the charcuterie appetizer. Service was lovely.Special Features:
- 3rd time here. Inventive,CdMlocalVIPDined on 10/12/20123rd time here. Inventive, fresh, local food, intimate service, with a strong Nantucket splash of attitude. Love it.Special Features:
- Overrated, Pretentious & OverhypedCommAveVIPDined on 10/6/2012We went to American Seasons with high expectations. Highly recommended and reviewed, I have rarely been so disappointed with a restaurant. The space and energy were nice, but the menu and the experience were extraordinarily pretentious, even for Nantucket. The menu simply tries too hard. I'm a foodie, and this was just, well, weird. Instead of introducing a foodie element into the new presentation of a dish, American Seasons is all foodie elements and, in the case of the "risotto" (quotes theirs, not mine), very little actual food. If you're on Nantucket and looking for a memorable, special dinner occasion, give American Seasons a wide berth. Ignore the hype and seek excellence elsewhere. You won't find it here.Special Features:
- As good as everOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2012We enjoyed our dinner at American Seasons very much. We were shown to our table by the ivy-covered wall of the covered patio immediately upon arrival. The service was outstanding and very personable. My husband had the pork belly appetizer and I had the smoked tongue. Both were delicious, melt-in-your-mouth experiences. As an entree, my husband out ordered me with the tobacco rubbed duck. It was subtle and sublime, perfectly married to the sides that it rested atop. My sirloin was perfectly cooked, but tough. I should have followed my instincts and gone with the fish. We have been dining every year at AS and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- We ate here twice in a weekwilltravelforfoodDined on 10/2/2012We ate here twice in a week and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Great service and food! Couldn'tLesleyRNVIPDined on 9/22/2012Great service and food! Couldn't say enough positive!Special Features:
- We always have a fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/12/2012We always have a fabulous meal at American Seasons!!! This summer's three visits were no exception! What DID change this summer was the service. Upon arrival, it took far too long for someone to arrive an take a drink order, fill our water glass, offer bread, butter, and / or olive oil. This same lack of attention was repeated throughout the meal. Our waiter/waitress who took our dinner order was delightful and attentive but the "extras" were somewhat less stellar.Special Features:
- We have been to American SeasonsRegularVIPDined on 9/10/2012We have been to American Seasons several times. The food is always spectacular, and we recommend the restaurant to anyone who asks our advice on where to eat on Nantucket. This visit the waitress was very slow from the start. It took almost 15 minutes to get my husband's before dinner drink and my wine. Fortunately, we were not in a hurry because our entrees were equally tardy. We had to ask for bread to be brought to our table when we saw other tables enjoying theirs. The noise level is high, but the ambience is so appealing that we look beyond that. We will go back and continue to recommend it. Hopefully we will have a more attentive waitress on our next visit.Special Features:
- The food is just sublime.KadiDined on 9/4/2012The food is just sublime. Blood orange margarita is DELISHSpecial Features:
- We ate with a wine affectionadoFancyThatVIPDined on 9/4/2012We ate with a wine affectionado - so it was on his list of restaurants to try. He seemed happy with the offerings on that score. As for the food, my delicate summer squash soup was garnished with diced radish - a harsh contrast which detracted from the dish. My entre was an overcooked, thin ribeye steak with way over-rosemaried potatoes. Overall, I'd say they tried too hard to use what they had available and did not marry the flavors well. Sorry - but we have had better dinners there in the past.Special Features:
- Food over the top, but afterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2012Food over the top, but after 4 visits, drinks are always late to the point you cancel or waiter is apologizing. Shouldn't take 25 min for a martini when rest. Is 1/4 full. Just wrong when staff asks for menu choice before drinks arrive!!!!!Special Features:
- Really nice meal and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/25/2012Really nice meal and very inventive menu. Big improvement since the last time I dined here. I appreciated that the wine prices were reasonable compared to some other local restaurants and the list was really good.Special Features: