American Q in Orlando
1905 Hotel Plaza Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
American Q in Orlando
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.americanq.com/
- Phone: 407-827-3080x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am-11:00am
Bar Hours: Mon-Fri 2:00pm-12:00am; Sat-Sun 12:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Justin Leo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from American Q in Orlando
American Q, a collaboration between the lifestyle hospitality brand B Hotels & Resorts® and the acclaimed New York City restaurateur Jeffrey Chodorow, will redefine classic American barbeque. Inspired by industrial farmhouse-chic, the showpiece of the restaurant's design will be a vintage flatbed truck that will house the salad portion of the all-you-can-eat buffet. Savory favorites including homemade soups and chili, a baked potato bar, peel and eat shrimp, a selection of hot and cold seasonal vegetables, pasta and potato salads, and a 20+ item salad bar will be served from the flatbed. Enjoy a selection of barbeque favorites, from Carolina to Kansas City classics, carved tableside.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
American Q in Orlando reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (6)special occasion (6)hot spot (6)neighborhood gem (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Unique Find in Lake Buena VistaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/16/2014Outstanding dining experience near Downtown Disney! The meats were delicious - unique savory tastes and not a bad item on the line-upSpecial Features:
- Could be betterkdmeitVIPDined on 10/14/2014Great concept, Brazilian BBQ with American fare. But it's a miss. Not inexpensive but spread not as large or interesting as a traditional Brazilian BBQ joint. The salad bar had normal items such as corn (mooshy after steeping in water the whole time), beans, potatoes (with fixings) and salads. Pretty boring. The meats were just a few, turkey, and a few different beefs. No brisket the night we ate. Desserts were a shame. Although the croissant bread pudding looked good and came in a skillet, it was cold. The place was nearly empty and cavernous. Service was great, with a fun waiter. That's about the only thing memorable about our visit.Special Features:
- Over-hyped, under deliveredBatdogDined on 10/11/2014Food was mediocre at best and very inconsistent. The best thing we had was the brisket, but only the first time it came out. The second round was like a whole different cu of meat and almost like they had passed it by the smoker for about 30 seconds before serving it. Chicken and turkey entrees all tasted like smoke and nothing else. Even bacon couldn't save the bacon-wrapped chicken thighs. You have to try pretty hard to make chicken thighs dry, but somehow they managed. Servers were friendly but extremely slow and it was not very busy so that is not an excuse. There were many times that there were absolutely no servers on the floor for 10 minutes or more at a time. This is definitely not worth the $35 price tag!
- Great find!ckspireVIPDined on 10/5/2014Fantastic food and service. Really enjoyed our dinner and atmosphere and energy of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now that a knifeYummy2014Dined on 10/3/2014The hotel is very new and the restaurant is still getting settled. The best part of our night was being served by Lee who seemed to enjoy his job and gave the best service in Orlando. Food selection from the grill was mixed and beware the Sausage it has a taste like no other. Would recommend for the cool location and service.Special Features:
- Fuze of two love of my lifefoodaholic2011Dined on 9/25/2014Thus restaurant has everything it's a Fuze between Barbaque Meets brazillion steak house with a side of a buffet of soups salads and a potato and corn on the cob! Dont forget to try the potatoe salad with Bacon.We were looking for something new we were on vacation to Orlando read the reviews and we came, my husband and I loved the food Atmosphere and the Service was awesome! Lee was our server and he was awesome and funny, made dinner fun experience. Ask for Lee! When you go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceCindyDined on 9/14/2014I was very surprised by how much I liked American Q. Normally "buffets" are not something I seek out. My husband and I saw this new place and thought the aspect of an American style churrascaria was interesting. The food was amazing, all hot and fresh and well prepared. The concept is original and different. The flat bed truck of items would be enough just by itself. Once you turn over your card, the meat keeps coming and coming until you say "UNCLE". Every item was good and the service was exceptional. Great and attentive without being too much. This is a place I will come back to!Special Features:
- Great American Q!CoasterGDined on 9/6/2014Took a group of 8 to American Q based on a friend's recommendation, we loved it! We had the BBQ "buffet" style, they had servers come around with different types of BBQ - beef, pork, chicken and sausages. Plus there is a old truck set up as a buffet line with soups, chili, corn on the cob, salads, etc. The corn on the cob was outstanding, perfectly cooked and with a toppings bar. The sweet potato salad was excellent and the kidney and black bean soup was good. The BBQ itself was great - the pork shoulder, brisket and chicken wrapped in bacon were excellent, juicy, perfectly cooked. Also, try the candied bacon as an appetizer, it's tasty.Special Features:
- Great themed BBQ in OrlandoDaynaDined on 8/31/2014I saw that this was a new place. It sounded like a great place to try out. I decided to give it a try and wow I was I surprised. This place is just awesome! The food, the service the ambiance was just wonderful. You get the complete package Our waitress was Xiomara. She was the nicest person you could ask for. She was very knowledgeable about the different types of BBQ smoking and the way that they did there. She helped us with the menu and explaining what options that we had. We decided to go with the Buffet. The best meat out of all that they brought was the Brisket. That was a really nice and juicy piece of meat. The others were good as well and all the BBQ sauces were delicious. Our favorite was the Kansas City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!GoBlue09Dined on 8/31/2014A must eat at restaurant. Great food!! The buffet is the way to go & the s'mores dessert is awesome!! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique concept and good foodKatieMarqVIPDined on 8/29/2014This place is like Brazilian steakhouse meets BBQ joint. Chef Jason works magic with the meat and smoke. The buffet option gives you the best opportunity to try as much variety as you like. The "build your own" potato section and corn on the cob station are truly unique and genius. The potato salad and cole slaw were delicious and the cornbread is the perfect combination of sweet, moist, and crusty. The meats are great. The showstoppers were definitely the beef brisket and the turkey. They are brought to your table and carved off of a skewer (like in a Brazilian steak house) so you can have as much or as little as you'd like. The bar snacks are the prefect little bites as well. We had the Swine Candy (a sweet and spicy bacon) that was greatSpecial Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the American Q in Orlando reviews archive.