7559 West Sand Lake Rd
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.americangymkhana.com/
- Phone: (407) 985-2900
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30am
Thursday- Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
Sunday- Wed: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Chef Aarthi Sampath
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Custom menu available on request.
- Private Party Facilities: American Gymkhana offers a private dining areas for events that's seats up to guest. We also offer our veranda area that sits up to 30 people. Both rooms are private and have the ability for presentations with screens, mics and full sound available.
- Private Party Contact: Steven Jones 407-985-2900x
- Entertainment: American Gymkhana will offer world music that will provide an perfect ambiance for your dining experience.
- Special Events: Coming soon.
A word from American Gymkhana
American Gymkhana is an upscale restaurant and lounge that serves Modern Indian Cuisine. Our menu direction chooses to reflect the diversity of India while simultaneously exploring the nostalgic flair of the era of British rule. The balance of traditional Indian fare will compliment dishes that combine Indian flavors with modern technique and pairing of locally sourced Ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
American Gymkhana reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (4)good for groups (3)hot spot (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- What an outstanding addition to Orlando!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2014The food was exquisite. Cocktails, inventive and delicious. Our server, Brittaney was wonderful and it was a pleasure to speak to the chef who was humble but proud to see how much we enjoyed our meal. I simply cannot wait for my next opportunity to dine here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, still need to work on serviceMalinouDined on 11/23/2014Let me first say that the food was amazing. Not your typical take on Indian food. You can see and taste the finesse and elaborate research that went into each aspect of the ingredients. The way they present the food and bring it to the table is special as well. While i understand new ownership only recently took over and restaurant has only been open briefly, service and engagement with clients still needs huge improvements. You could tense that everybody was still very nervous and tense, and therefore wanted to over compensate. Focus should be to engage with the client in a subtle way, know the product/food items on the menu, and clearly speak up in order for your clients to understand. I also would like to see more ethnic staff that are linked with the food and origins, instead of being served / greeted by staff who don't necessarily know the food, and can't even pronounce the names. This will bring more folklore, ethnicity to the restaurant, Bottom line, food is there, just need to work on service and bring it to exceptional levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VegFoodieDined on 11/18/2014Excellent food. Fresh and full of flavor. Arti (the chef) is a gem. The mixology bar is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the American Gymkhana reviews archive.