American Grille - Marriott Vancouver Airport
7571 Westminster Highway
Richmond, BC V6X 1A3Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
American Grille - Marriott Vancouver Airport
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://americangrille.blogspot.com/
- Phone: 6042322804x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00 am - 11:00 am, Saturday - Sunday; 6:30 am - 11:00 am
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00 am, - 4:00 pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday; 11:00 am - 4:00 pm, Saturday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Shane Lamb
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 7 meeting rooms with 5,199 sq ft of total meeting space
Largest meeting room is Coastal Mountain Ballroom with maximum meeting space of 4,295 sq ft and maximum seating capacity of 500
- Private Party Contact: Taka Kuwata 6042322821x
A word from American Grille - Marriott Vancouver Airport
A world of culinary delights awaits you at The American Grille. Located in the heart of Richmond at the Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel, it is the city’s most popular business lunch and dinner destination. Offering a comfortable business-casual setting by day and elegant candlelit dining at sunset, The American Grille is sure to wow you and your guests. Our menus offer the best of the season from the Pacific Northwest, celebrating the richness and diversity of North American cuisine, while incorporating the freshest local products available. Sample one of our specialties or just relax and people watch while enjoying one of our house made desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
American Grille - Marriott Vancouver Airport - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
American Grille - Marriott Vancouver Airport reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (14)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (5)good for groups (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Love this restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Although we had expected to enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner, it was only offered one day. We had a lovely meal anyway and the staff are very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Reliably great!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014We have been here a number of times and always have found the food and service great. The halibut is very good as is the lamb. We understand the chefs have been with the restaurant 20 years or so, which in part explains why the food is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday night eatstidinerDined on 9/26/2014Great server, the food was fantastic. We've eaten at a lot of Hotel Restaurants, but this was a great dining experience. We would recommend this restaurant for anybody looking for a great meal! Definitely going back again!Special Features:
- Good flavor but.SPSfoodieDined on 9/14/2014My wife, my daughter & I went to the American Grille for dinner before they dropped me off to the airport for my trip to Calgary. The restaurant was not crowded and our waitress & hostess were pleasant & attentive. Menu looked good. I had the mixed salad which was good. Our main dishes were a disappointment. I had the smoked sablefish which had a broth. The flavor was good and the broth should be hot but it was warm. My wife & daughter had the salmon which was featured as the special. Again, the flavor was good but it was overcooked. Salmon should be served medium and it was well done & dry. Moreover, it took forever to get our main dish. There were 2 cooks there and they were standing around most of the time.
- FOOD ORDERDISAPPOINTINGDined on 8/31/2014WE ORDER 1 CHICKEN SANDWICH AND 1 HALLIBUT BURGER, THE WAITRESS BROUGHT US THE CHICKEN SANDWICH AND A HAMBURGER. SHE TOOK OUR ORDER DOWN INCORRECTLY. THE OTHER WAITRESS HEARD US ORDER A HALLIBUT BURGER.
- MiriamDined on 8/30/2014Lisa our waitress was very accomadating . Smoked sable was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Delicious Range of FoodAlphaBetaDined on 8/19/2014The Marriott Chefs prepare the food to a consistent hogh standard. We enjoyed the perfectly cooked Sable Fish and their Rack of Lamb is incomparable. Their chocolate dessert was rich and yummy; i wouldnt bother with the Grand Marnier dessert which was bland. We found the wine list limited, but is probably adequate for most diners. A favourite Richmond restaurant, the Grille never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant dining experiencelovetodineDined on 8/18/2014I took an out-of-town guest and my daughter for an early meal. (5.30pm) I had reserved a table with a request for a window table and was seated exactly as I asked Parking was refunded on our bill: we were told we didnt have to pay but just give the car licence # to the server. Good food, (rack of lamb, halibut)| served and presented very nicely. Good service & reasonable prices. Good value for money. We eat here every few months and always enjoy the experience. The room was not crowed but comfortable and lots of space between tables so conversation is private.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeyDined on 7/12/2014Four of us for dinner. We all enjoyed our food. Very good service also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 116 reviews are from the American Grille - Marriott Vancouver Airport reviews archive.
- Sure thing in RichmondchabamanDined on 6/19/2014We dined early with friends as we were going to the theatre in Vancouver. American Grille always pleases us, a nice blend of informality with very good food and our server, Remi, added to our evening's enjoyment. Two of us had 2 appetizers each, including crab cakes, scallops and New England clam chowder, just the right amount pre-theatre. My wife enjoyed the chicken caesar salad, and our other diner opted for one of their delicious hambugers. Service was efficient but not hurried, and we left for the theatre in good spirits. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Reviewray2014Dined on 6/15/2014The sablefish was cooked too long, turned out a bit tough. The baby backribs were cooked well but the flavour was bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Abc123abc123Dined on 6/11/2014Some servers are responsive but some are not. Don't expect a smile from them though. Overall, I enjoy the food.Special Features:
- great food and service!DavidSDined on 6/11/2014This restaurant is good for casual fine dining. It is easily accessible for handicapped since there are no stairs. The food and service is excellent. This time, I needed to have a location for a dinner meeting and it really was a good venue for that as well. It is not too loud to carry a conversation, lots of natural light, with good food and service. I had the blackened halibut, while the others had steaks; everybody pleased with taste and presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantBCBigWeldDined on 5/30/2014Good food, can get a bit noisy after 7:30 PM on Fridays and SaturdaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food and ServicedmenavaDined on 5/18/2014The Grill is a great spot to dine. I highly recommend it. Not much of a location but the food is outstanding.Special Features:
- Reliable and Great RestauranthockeyDined on 5/18/2014The American Grille is always my go to place for good food, excellent service, and a friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Craving Fish and Chips!HavovieDined on 5/11/2014My grandma & mom were craving fish and chips for mothers day, without the news paper cone and stand/eat atmosphere! So, we decided to try American Grille! The fish was perfectly battered (not too much) and fried to a crisp! Delicious fries and coleslaw came with of course! We tried both the Sole and the Halibut! Both were flaky and tender! yum! We also had a burger which was delicious! For dessert we were all very happy with our choices! The Creme Brulee had a nice and crisp sugar crust on it, the apple pie was flaky and the perfect ratio of filling to flaky pastry, and the gluten free/flour less chocolate cake was to die for! I would definitely return for a casual but tasty lunch/dinner! Our server was very knowledgeable and accommodatingSpecial Features:
- UnremarkableseasonedtesterDined on 5/6/2014Disappointed in the food for the price (especially 3 little scallops for $16) and not sure my drink contained what I asked for, I remember this experience to be much better the last time I visited.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinnerdining42Dined on 4/12/2014Good service and nice atmosphere, my meal was not exactly what I wanted but had to put on a smiling face as it was my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great. The atmosphereilee9738Dined on 4/11/2014The food was great. The atmosphere was nice. There is a lot of parking space. Our waiter was a very nice, friendly and informative. He was able to explain clearly to me and my daughters when we asked about the food we were about to order. The prices was reasonable, be not too expensive. The portion of food was just right, not too small or too big.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner for MotherRJV007Dined on 3/26/2014I enjoyed the dinner very much,food was excellent and the service likewise.They only thing I can think of was I was charged for the dessert that the server brought over with a candle for my Mother's birthday.Most restaurants I go to do not charge for birthday dessert.I didn't say anything because maybe that is their policy,aside from that it was an enjoyable evening.I will go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LambGogalDined on 3/22/2014The offering of this dish is outstanding.....well seasoned.....very adaqute amount....done to the individuals taste ( mine is rare) .Served with good glass of Liberty School Cab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find For Fine DiningAlphaBetaDined on 3/21/2014Returned to the American Grille for a special evening; treated to impeccable service by Remi (professional waiter). What does this mean?...he serves us hot food hot, ensures wine glasses are full, makes intelligent suggestions, times the meal in total sync with our pace of eating. Did I mention he is also polite, charming, and witty? The team in the kitchen support the service experience. Expert chefs prepare tasty appetizers and creative entries presented with artistry. The rack of lamb is perfectly cooked--delicious. The Smoked Sablefish....a burst of flavour, with a medley of roasted veggies. Their original version of a creme brûlée--yum. Discover this gem. No hesitation to recommend this establishment for any occasion.Special Features:
- Food was very good. KitchenOpabasDined on 3/1/2014Food was very good. Kitchen was slow getting the food out. Waitress was friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent lunch and okay dinnerKYauDined on 1/25/2014I came here 2 times this week for each lunch and dinner. The appetizers and desserts are wonderful but the entrees always come out a bit short in flavor, especially the sauces for the pastas and spaghetti. For dine out, all the appetizers were fresh, creative and delicious, loved the tuna. The porkchop I had for the entree however was underdone and the vegetarian macaroni my sister had, had an odd sauce that didn't quite fit the ingredients. For experience, the lunch time staff were very friendly and cheerful but the dinner staff were a bit lacking. The host didn't smile nor bother to talk to us, our server was great in the beginning but entirely disappeared as the night went. I'm sure I'll be going back for lunch but not sure of dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineout vancouverdiegoDined on 1/21/2014The food is not bad but it's not great, our server REMI was excellent and the wine was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome MealSoNotVeganDined on 1/18/2014Went for Dine-out Vancouver and had a wonderful meal with the family. The lamb shanks were fork-tender and the cod was moist and flavorful. Seen reviews which were not too happy with the service, but the service we got was wonderful - attentive yet unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What is this?SawaraVIPDined on 1/18/2014Went there for lunch during Dine out Vancouver. I ordered pasta with grilled chicken and taste is so bland. I even couldn't eat it. Can't cook pasta property. Won't go back anymore, will waste your money.
- Great Night Out!TandBDined on 1/17/2014Arrived for first night of the Dine Out Vancouver. A bit hectic in the restaurant. The chefs were still learning the menu, however the food was outstanding and the waitress did her best to keep us occupied during any delays in the servings. Highly recommend for anybody looking for a great meal at a great price.Special Features:
- This restaurant used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/17/2014This restaurant used to be our favourite,,very good food & good service. We are very disappointed with our dinner out this time, it took long, long , long time for each dish to get to our table, the food is not prepared well . It took us almost 3 hours to be able to get out.
- Love the food heresweetcmcVIPDined on 1/11/2014My family and I come here on a regular basis. We love the food here, and with the entertainment book promotion, the value is quite good. The food is always consistently good, although the service can be slow and lacking sometimes. Parking can also be tricky. There is paid parking in front of the hotel and the restaurant will credit the amount when paying for the bill. Overall, we really like American Grille. Their pastas, meat and seafood dishes are delicious. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought it would be betterTravelBugVIPDined on 1/8/2014We didn't think this place deserves such a high rating on tripadvisor. The service was good until dessert when our server pretty much disappeared and we waited forever to see her and ask for the bill. The food was mediocre. The several halibut entrees were dry and flavourless and they had two to choose from. i asked for the blackened halibut with tagliatelle but ended up getting what my friends got which was the halibut with potatoes. I didn't want to send it back and have to wait for the correct entree so i just ate it. Won't be back any time soon.Special Features:
- American Grille, reliable standbyGourmand55VIPDined on 1/3/2014While the food at the American Grille isn't particularly adventurous, it is good, reliable lunch fare perfect for a diverse group of people. Quite quiet, good for conversation or a business meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New year's eveBetterbegoodDined on 12/31/2013We were very pleased with our meal. The special menu gave good choices and the food was fresh and well presented. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ComfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2013We enjoy this restaurant for good service, reasonable price and relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Not too good this timepanmicDined on 12/8/2013We went to this restaurant many times , only this time everything are over-cook, fish, lamb chop...etc..., we notice some young face in the kitchen, maybe that's why.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal of the weekHectorHDined on 11/24/2013I was out on business in Vancouver and Victoria and we ate at a number of what were supposed to be very good restaurants. We did have some good to ok experiences but the American Grille was far and away our best meal of the week. We each had the Halibut which was cooked perfectly and went very well with our bottle of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was slow, it was busyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2013Service was slow, it was busy and it looked like they don't have enough staff to handle all the tables. Had to ask for many things like more water, if we could order, had to ask for the dessert. Waitress didn't even offer coffee.Special Features:
- I frequent this restaurant-FoodiesDined on 10/11/2013I frequent this restaurant- food is great - nice atmosphere - staff is great from chef to server.Special Features:
- Good Food, Unexpected LocationXiaohundanDined on 9/30/2013Had pan-seared duck and it was great! My friend had Cod and it was served in decent portion and It was pretty delicious. I recommend this place for whoever going for fine dining in Richmond where most Asian food are served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.