American Grille - Marriott Vancouver Airport
7571 Westminster Highway
Richmond, BC V6X 1A3Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$30 and under
American Grille - Marriott Vancouver Airport
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://americangrille.blogspot.com/
- Phone: (604) 232-2804
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00 am - 11:00 am, Saturday - Sunday; 6:30 am - 11:00 am
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00 am, - 4:00 pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday; 11:00 am - 4:00 pm, Saturday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Shane Lamb
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: 7 meeting rooms with 5,199 sq ft of total meeting space
Largest meeting room is Coastal Mountain Ballroom with maximum meeting space of 4,295 sq ft and maximum seating capacity of 500
- Private Party Contact: Taka Kuwata 6042322821x
A word from American Grille - Marriott Vancouver Airport
A world of culinary delights awaits you at The American Grille. Located in the heart of Richmond at the Vancouver Airport Marriott Hotel, it is the city’s most popular business lunch and dinner destination. Offering a comfortable business-casual setting by day and elegant candlelit dining at sunset, The American Grille is sure to wow you and your guests. Our menus offer the best of the season from the Pacific Northwest, celebrating the richness and diversity of North American cuisine, while incorporating the freshest local products available. Sample one of our specialties or just relax and people watch while enjoying one of our house made desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
American Grille - Marriott Vancouver Airport - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
American Grille - Marriott Vancouver Airport reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)neighborhood gem (12)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (9)great for brunch (8)romantic (4)good for groups (4)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Don't know what happened today,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/9/2012Don't know what happened today, but food is worse than the last few times we've been here.
- What a surprisepanmicDined on 9/7/2012food and wine menu not much selection, but everything taste good. Server Remi really do a good job, he can recommend wine pairing to food, outstanding.Special Features:
- The food was very good asSulomoDined on 9/2/2012The food was very good as was the service, although we were there for an early dinner and there weren't many people in the restaurant.
- I was given a coupon fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2012I was given a coupon from the restaurant last week. So, I brought my son to have a lunch there. It seemed that the waiter didn't feel happy when I was showing him the coupon. Especially when I paid for the bill, I took out a hundred-dollars note. The same waiter asked(not so politely) if I could give smaller notes instead. So I paid the bill with smaller notes then and he just took the cash without saying any thanks. I felt being looked down because of using the coupon.
- Not as good as our last visit.JoeyDined on 8/24/2012Not as good as our last visit. Food was not quite up to what we would expect here.
- You have to try this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2012The oven roasted rack of lamb was awesome and the steak was great as well. With the entertainment book membership card, it was a very good deal too.Special Features:
- subtle and professional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012subtle and professional service in an atmosphere where you can hear yourself think! Bit of a novelty for eating establishments these days.Special Features:
- The service was okay, as theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2012The service was okay, as the waitress could have asked whether we needed more water, or check on us more. The food was quite tasty, but our entrees took about 40 minutes to arrive. My family noticed that those who ordered sandwiches/burgers and fries got their orders more quickly.
- Richmond Closely Guarded SecretOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012We didn't expect to receive both food quality and service quality in a hotel restaurant. Our server was professional, conversational, but not too in our face which often occurs. The food was great - terrific value. I live close by, but would drive from across the bridge to get to this 'find'.Special Features:
- The food was great but notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2012The food was great but not enough waitress/waiters to serve the full house restaurant. The $2 for $28 is a very misleading menu. They should advertise as 2 for $28 course meal rather than just 2 for $28, as many people assumes it's for 2 for $28 for 2 people!Special Features:
- Nice service. Food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/17/2012Nice service. Food was great! Ambience was quiet. I did not notice any music.Special Features:
- Great crab cakes. My halibutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/2/2012Great crab cakes. My halibut is perfect. Prawn and avocado salad dressing is so yummy, but the greens could have been fresher.Special Features:
- Really appreciate that myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012Really appreciate that my request was taken seriously - I requested scone and there were two baskets full of scone on the table when we arrived. Guests were impressed and really happy with the service. thank you very much!!Special Features:
- Food very good, service somewhatlatenightDined on 5/18/2012Food very good, service somewhat slow, told they were very busy, and a bit too noisy for our liking!Special Features:
- Food was exceptionally goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2012Food was exceptionally good and definitely highly recommended.
- restaurant you won't pickOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2012didn't enjoy my dinner with my special guests, too noise, extremely slow service
- The food and service was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2012The food and service was very good, The tables were a bit close and there was more noise than expected.Special Features:
- Found the service to be lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/15/2012Found the service to be lacking (not very attentive) and a bit slow, although the food itself was quite good.
- Food always great and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012Food always great and service friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- A Less Than Leisure BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012Been here before and thought they are one the best restaurants serving West Coast cuisine in Richmond. However, what I've anticipated to be a leisurely Mother's Day brunch had turned out to be a lousy experience. Our reservation was at 10:45am. An hour and 45 minutes should allow us to enjoy the brunch at a nice pace. Half way through, our server informed us that we have to clear our table by 12:15pm! This is unacceptable when the restaurant had clearly advertised end of the brunch being 12:30pm. We left at 12:15pm as instructed but felt very much rushed through the last half of our meal. We probably would've finished around 12:15pm anyway but being rushed had greatly ruined our meal.Special Features:
- A hidden gem in Richmond!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/6/2012This was the first time to this restaurant and we would definitely recommend and go back. We had such a perfect dinner - the food and the service (Linda was so attentive) were 110%. We tried the musselles as a shared appie and it was just right for the two of us - I had to stop myself from consuming all the french fries. We both love lamb so we had the rack of lamb - YUMS!!! They were done to perfection and the serviing was huge so we ended up dogging bagging them for dinner the next night. We ended the evening with the banana creme brule whch was just the right amount. Make sure you make reservations as we are sure that this will become a favorite for everyone who tries this placeSpecial Features:
- Parking could be scarce in123eatDined on 5/1/2012Parking could be scarce in peak times. Very courteous and friendly service. We had blackened Halibut with angelhair pasta, it was very good. Pasta was made with veg. sauce and fresh tomatoes. Yummy cheese cake-very creamy.Special Features:
- Both quality and quantityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/29/2012Both quality and quantity are great! No gimmicks of fancy or fusion menu to reap off the customers.Special Features:
- The servers were polite howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2012The servers were polite however there were too many customers and not enough serverthe main course is small portionSpecial Features:
- The steak was cooked to perfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2012The steak was cooked to perfection - melt in your mouth filet. The veggies were hot and the meal was visually appealing. We really enjoyed the banana brule for dessert-the bananas and biscotti on the side were a nice touch.Special Features:
- Good food and good service,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/16/2012Good food and good service, portions are big. They reimburse parking which is definitely a plus and convenience. Free drink at the hotel lobby makes it even more tempting!
- Relaxed and friendly environment.SuEJVIPDined on 4/6/2012Relaxed and friendly environment. Used a travelzoo voucher which made this an excellent deal. The halibut and rack of lamb that we ordered were both excellent. High quality food.
- We have been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/30/2012We have been to this restaurant a few times and have never been disappointed. I wouldn't think a hotel restaurant would have this level of quality and service but they do.Special Features:
- Food was alright. PortionsKrispyBitesVIPDined on 3/25/2012Food was alright. Portions were huge, so it was good value for the price. But service was so very slow. Most of the time we sat around waiting for someone to notice us so that we could place our orders or ask for something. I wouldn't be back again just because of the service.
- I sat close to their kitchenWinOneVIPDined on 3/23/2012I sat close to their kitchen pass and I noticed that the staff were all doing their own thing. Team work was lacking hence the delivery of the food was painfully slow. Very disappointed considering the food tastes decent if brought out on a timely basis.
- YUM YUM YUM!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2012I have been to the American Grill many times throughout the years and I have never had a meal that I didn't love. I would highly recommend the blackened halibut pasta dish and the rack of lamb. Those are the two standouts on the menu for me. Their appetizers are also amazing especially the crispy crab spring rolls.... YUM! Great food. All freshly prepared and cooked. Fantastic every time!!!!!!Special Features:
- Excellent Smoked Sablefish,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2012Excellent Smoked Sablefish, Rack of Lamb and Beef sliders! However, parking limit of 2 hrs is a hassale.Special Features:
- A place that serves a rackdisgustedVIPDined on 3/9/2012A place that serves a rack of lamb with 8 bones. Amazing!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/3/2012Excellent food and service, really delicious and generous. Very inexpensive.Special Features:
- Outstanding rib-eye! CourteousOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/1/2012Outstanding rib-eye! Courteous and pleasant staff. Great service every time.Special Features:
- Service was good but the kitchenWinOneVIPDined on 2/25/2012Service was good but the kitchen was a bit slow. From appetizer to entree it took well over 40 minutes.Special Features:
- steak was great..fish a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012steak was great..fish a little over cooked. Service great but matre'd was not great to deal with. We had a travelzoo coupon for the restaurant and apparently the starting date in which you can use the coupon was incorrect. According to the manager/matre'd, that was the fault of the online company so he said we couldn't use it til tomorrow which was when the starting date of the coupon should really start. Really?!?! you are going to punish your customers who have never been to your restaurant pay for a mistake that you should take it up with the online company. That was very unprofessional and we were not immpressed. You should always honour what is PRINTED regardless of if it wasn't your fault. Take it up with the online company!
- Food is great and offer varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Food is great and offer variety of selections. Ambience is cozy and romantic. Waiting time for your meal is a bit long.Special Features:
- Service was slow - ahi tunaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2012Service was slow - ahi tuna was too well done, making it dry & tough. The server never did come to ask how our meals were & when he came to clear the table, I told him about the ahi, as most of it was left on my plate. He said he was sorry to hear that. When he brought the bill he said he had made an adjustment to the bill. He gave 15% off of the price of that plate. I doubt that I will go there again for dinner. They do well with lunch & breakfast.Special Features:
- Online reserv staff please noteSheeDined on 1/28/2012A great place to have lunch with 5 girlfriends after a morning of shopping. Quiet & fantastic servers & chefs. It would have been helpful if the restaurant had told us when confirming the reservation online to ignore the required parking machines & to give our license plate number to our server or host for a 2 hr grace period instead. We all paid for hotel parking & brought our receipts in for validating & reimbursment which made so much more work for the waiters (who were gracious & wonderful). They took all the parking charges off our checks & it was explained to us that it would have been easier if we did not pay for the parking outside at the machines & just gave them our license plate number. (Online reservation staff pls take note).Special Features: