American Cut - Revel Casino
500 Boardwalk, Revel Beach
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
American Cut - Revel Casino
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.revelresorts.com/dining/signature/american-cut-by-forgione
- Phone: 6092259860x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Iron Chef Marc Forgione
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from American Cut - Revel Casino
American Cut is Iron Chef Marc Forgione’s take on the modern American Steakhouse. The dark wood and leather banquettes of the main dining room lend to the space's edgy vibe amplified by sexy and soulful rock and roll, and large windows allow for stunning ocean views. Energy exudes from the open kitchen where guests might catch a glimpse of Chef Forgione preparing some of his signature fare including his take on the ultimate surf and turf, succulent Tomahawk Rib Eye Chop and Chili Lobster.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
American Cut - Revel Casino - Best Restaurants in Atlantic City ›
American Cut - Revel Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (59)romantic (46)notable wine list (44)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (32)hot spot (22)scenic view (16)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- NYC style steakhouse in ACpkerr116Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I had a fantastic dining experience at American Cut. We went because Revel was closing and we wanted to experience the casino and as much of what it had to offer before it went away, including the restaurants. The wine list is awesome. The steaks were awesome. Sides and desserts - perfect. And the service was as good as I've experienced anywhere. I do hope now that the casino has been sold that some things change at Revel - not the steakhouse though! The only "complaint" I have is that the two restaurants on this level are by themselves, downstairs from a specific corner of the casino floor. Improved access is the only thing I'd change though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlantic City losses Fine Diningfun2dineVIPDined on 8/27/2014American Cut was one of the finest dining venues in AC. Hopefully, it shall resurface in another venue as it shall be missed. The food, service, room etc were all fabulous. We were regulars and while we enjoyed one last fabulous meal in this spectacular setting, it was bitter sweet. Thank you, American Cut.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MelaDined on 8/25/2014Steak was cooked perfectly but overall food was a bit too decadent for my tastes. While the cauliflower had a unique blend of flavors it felt heavy as did the potatoes. The steak is so delicious I reccomend sticking with simple side dishes (ie steamed veggie). I expected better service for the price point, but maybe that was because Revel was closing in a week. Portions were large. One side could feed three people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantAnnieVIPDined on 8/18/2014Eveything was great!! The martini's cold and made perfectly! Steak and sides so good!! Had no room for dessert, but it sure looked good too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST !!!stuartVIPDined on 8/16/2014By far and away THE BEST Steakhouse of any I have ever been to...the appetizers oustanding, the caesar salad THE BEST I have ever had ( and I eat one every time I go out ), the side of Twice baked potatoes was to die for, and the Wagu steak was THE BEST steak I have ever had. I went on line to buy Marc Forgione`s cookbook as soon as I got home .Special Features:
- Amazing steak, great scene!rUyummyVIPDined on 8/9/2014Every single thing we ordered was amazing: oysters, octopus, steak, sides... And drinks were great, too! Rivals the best steakhouses of NY, but with a better ambiance. Great modern decor, but not too out there, and lively vibe, but not too loud. Definitely recommend as one of the absolute best (if not, the best) restaurants in AC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Excellentfun2dineVIPDined on 8/6/2014I can imagine Atlantic City without Revel, but not this always full and happy, magnificent restaurant. The beautiful room, staffed by very professional people, offers fine dining at very reasonable prices. The food is creative and delicious. We have dined there many times and it gas always been fabulous. Hopefully, some other venue shall upgrade its steakhouse and American Cut shall live once more. You must try this terrific venue before the resort closes in September.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ServicesrsteachDined on 8/6/2014We had a wonderful experience at American Cut this past week. It was our second visit; our first was a year ago. We loved it so much we decided to make it a tradition for our wedding anniversary. Our server was outstanding. He was very attentive, knowledgeable, and didn't rush us. After a fantastic meal, we decided to order coffee, but not dessert. Because it was our anniversary, our server brought us the Cracker Jack Sundae with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate on the plate. We were so full, but I will say, that sundae was AMAZING! We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceDanandNikkiDined on 8/6/2014Great experience while in Atlantic City except for the fire alarm that happened between the bread service and the appetizer. Not there fault and they handled it well. I highly recommend the Tuna tartare and the twice baked potato with truffle, both very yummy. I really hope the Revel finds a buyer so this gem can remain.Special Features:
- Chef eager to go homeMKL2DVIPDined on 8/3/2014The Service was wonderful, the appetizer were great, but we were very disappointed with our meat entrees, the meat was undercooked and then when they brought them back, the fantastic cut of meat got dry, its seems that the chef was in rush to get home.Special Features:
- Worth every pennySteakloverDined on 8/3/2014Excellent food and the waiters are very attentive. Can't wait to go back soon. It's not cheap but well worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ExperienceCraigItsFrydayDined on 8/2/2014Made reservations to American Cut after a friend's recommendation of "having the best steak he's ever eaten" for my buddy's bachelor party. The eight of us thoroughly enjoyed our dinner and experience. The restaurant is classy but not snooty. All of the service was friendly and well informed. Drinks at the bar are top dollar but you're getting what you paid for. The steak selection is vast and pricy but again, worth it. I had the $45 Filet (cheapest cut, also my favorite) with the Scrapple and Brass Knuckles potatoes. Amazing. Other friends had the Wagyu ($135) and loved it. Normally I'm a casual diner, but I'm glad we splurged for this special occasion. Try the Maker's 46 Old Fashioned as well.Special Features:
- Dissappointed92FoxbodyDined on 8/2/2014I had very high expectations for this restaurant. The venue, the name of Marc Forgione, and the prices all made me think of a first class operation. The restaurant is huge and well appointed with many staff. My wife and I both ordered the 10oz filet and I ordered the twice baked potato along with it. The steak wasn't as good as steaks I've had at other well named restaurants. It had a crisp exterior on it like I have never seen before and neither of us really enjoyed it. The twice baked potato came served with 3 of them in a small pot looking device. There was more exterior to the potato than interior to enjoy and I did not quite like the taste. I was disappointed in the experience.
- Disappointing ExperienceDisappointingDined on 7/28/2014My wife and I had a reservation for her 40th birthday on July 28. The setting was beautiful and the decor was perfect. Our service, though, was fair at best. The restaurant was empty and I was surprised as to how slow the service was. We waited 15 minutes from the time our meal was done to the time the waiter brought out the dessert menu. We chose to forego dessert and get our check. We waited another 15 minutes to get our check. I am always an excellent tipper but this time I could only get myself to give a minimum 15%. The food was ok. Salads were excellent and sides were delicious; however, my ribeye had no seasoning at all. I needed to use steak sauce sauce.Special Features:
- superb servicejulieDined on 7/27/2014This was the second time we dined here, and it was great again. The service was superb. Attentive but not too much so. Highly recommend for a nice night out.
- As Always, Simply Superbfun2dineVIPDined on 7/23/2014American Cut is one of the great restaurants anywhere. A favorite of ours since our first visit, it is notable for great staff, a lovely room and most important, outstanding food. This night another nice crowd, all obviously enjoying themselves. The wait staff is terrific, their willingness to be helpful and friendly make the evening quite refreshing. The food, once again, was dazzlingly. Delicious cocktails accompanied by bar-b-que oysters and grilled octopus , then incredible lamb and the best scallops I have eaten in a long time. A great glass of wine, a popcorn sundae for my wife and a special coffee for me. It is impossible to describe the explosion of flavor you shall experience here. It must be sampled first hand. Try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Higly RecommendzingDined on 7/22/2014cons: dark dining area. one steak came out medium instead of medium rare. They offered to re-cook a new one so they remedied it right away. pros: food and service was outstandingSpecial Features:
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014This was our third time staying at Revel, and our third time dining at American Cut. This was our greatest meal we have ever had, anywhere, period. The ambience is elegant and inviting. Every part of the meal was flavorful and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/21/2014This was my first time at American Cut and I would DEFINITELY go back! Highly recommend this restaurant, food was prepared perfectly and the wait staff was fantasticSpecial Features:
- Awesome!MikeDined on 7/21/2014Would definitely go to this place again if staying in the Revel and was in the mood for great steak.. The steak was cooked to perfection and the sides were unbelievable. The wine list was quite extensive and the bottle we chose was really good as well. Highly recommended and the prices aren't out of your normal upscale steakhouse range.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime TimeBiGGzDined on 7/21/2014This is my second time eating here. Each time was incredible. I'm not a steak eater but my friends are. They had the filet and AC cut. Both of them were blown away. I had the short rib and --- well --- it was nothing short of heavenly. Try it - you won't be disappointed. I'm returning to AC next month and I'm praying Revel is still open so I can go to American Cut and have the short rib again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in ACmfisherVIPDined on 7/21/2014This was a great place to have a nice dinner in AC. The food is expensive, but the amount and quality of food you receive are worth it!Special Features:
- GreenbankDined on 7/19/2014The food, service and wait for dinner was excellent however, the noise level was way too loud. The people around us were complaining also. It was crowded and everyone was trying to be heard over the music. It was ridiculous. Was looking forward to eating there but truly disappointed in the fact it wasn't very relaxing while eating your food. I would recommend the place though because of the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Excellent steak dinner, service was prompt- restaurant was packed and we were 40 minutes late for our reservation and they accommodated us without any issue. Steaks were cooked to order exactly. And were excellent quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/16/2014Location was great for girls night out. The staff was great and the good was good. Steaks were prepared as ordered. Portions are plentifulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedmorrisparkguy62Dined on 7/13/2014I don't mind spending a lot of money on a steak dinner but I expect it to be exceptional and memorable. This dinner was not. Nice looking place, good service and great music (classic rock). Not the quality of food I was hoping for. Oh well...
- Fun but Ok foodKingskellVIPDined on 7/12/2014This place is a lot of fun and very energetic. The staff is excellent. Wine list very good. Food is just average. Appetizers were pretty good. The lamb chop was supposed to be medium and was closer to rare. The rib eyes were cooked correctly but the seasoning was too potent and overwhelmed the taste of the meat. It had a lot of fennel or anise like flavor which did not work well. The Sommelier was wonderful. This is the kind of place that you want to be seen and check out the very pleasing sites and have fun. If you just want to go there to have a great meal and don't care about the ambiance than do not go there as it will disappoint.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodbenventureDined on 7/10/2014The food was outstanding. My friends and I eat dinner here and we all enjoyed the food. Wine list was extensive, and I had a 14 yr scotch that was fantastic. Note: it is pricey. you get what you pay for... and it was expensive... and it was worth it. I can't say that about all Atlantic City restaurants. I had a 90 day aged steak that blew my mind it was so fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFineDinerDined on 7/9/2014I love Marc Forgione so wanted to go there. The food was mediocre. 2 out of four steaks weren't properly cooked, the creamed spinach was flavorless as were the mushrooms. I enjoyed the twice baked potato and the biscuits were scrumptious. Not enough choices for appetizers. As a foodie, it was terribly disappointing, especially considering the amount of money you paid for good food.Special Features:
- greatplaygroundDined on 7/9/2014Been there a few times what a great spot great food everything. It one of the rare places that are expensive but you don't mind because the food is great and the service is tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2014We love this restaurant and make a point to eat here every time we stay at Revel. The twice baked potatoes are phenom and the meat is always delicious. And such fab desserts! Gave only 3 stars for service however; we sat in the lounge and the bartender was our server. It isn't the bartender's fault he couldn't take care of us properly- after all, he is only one guy and with a busy bar and doing double duty on the service bar, he can't possibly come out and give good service. But we still love the food and will recommend it to friends and continue to go ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbCAMariaDined on 7/5/2014First time at American Cut. Wine list had a nice price mix but you did have to search for the sub triple digit selections. They could probably back off on the wine prices a bit. Service was top notch, steaks were perfect. A winner in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just do it!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/4/2014Been here many times... It gets better each time I come... If u like food ull like this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A stunning steak house!TracyVIPDined on 7/4/2014The food is very good and the room is very beautiful !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jap12345Dined on 7/4/2014A little too expensive .. Especially the wine list ...Special Features:
- excellentvincygyalDined on 7/4/2014Went for my birthday had a great time with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad Revel is in CH11Budman54Dined on 7/4/2014I'm not sure how to describe this considering everything leading into this gem was beginning to feel as though the casino has given up. Walking through finger-print-ridden glass doors to an escalator to a sun-bleached carpet with a color I can't imagine lies a restaurant that belongs in a better place. The Hiramasa (yellowfin tuna) was delicious and overwhelmed the rest of the meal. The bone-in filet was cooked to perfection. The 2# lobster was a bit too spicy for the couple who ordered it at the table and had to go back for a fliet replacement. Kudos to the wait staff who handled this quickly and exactly as expected. Iron Chef Marc Forgione did a fine job with an outstanding restaurant and service. Too bad it's stuck in Revel.Special Features:
- Great fooddiana156VIPDined on 7/3/2014Loved the Steaks, it was perfect & mash potato puree out of this world ...Special Features:
- American Cut Shinesfun2dineVIPDined on 7/2/2014While Revel may be struggling , American Cut continues to draw large crowds and it is easy to see why. The room is magnificent, every server treats you as if you were a regular, and the food is nothing short of magnificent. This is fine dining at its best, with surprisingly reasonable prices. We are fortunate to dine here frequently and we have never been disappointed. On this occasion, oysters bar b q style and grilled octopus as starters and roasted chicken and salmon for the entrees . Each dish was superb, the quality of presentation, the taste, everything was prepared with great care and was perfect. Too it off with their fabulous cocktails, a glass of fine wine and the now famous popcorn sundae and you have another perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceRZ85Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I had dinner here on a sat night and we couldn't be anymore disappointed at the management and service. We ordered a couple appetizers and steaks for entrées. The wait was so long I was falling asleep at the table. We waited for nearly 2 hours for entrées to come out. The waitress was very slow, took like 20 min for her to bring menus. Food wasn't bad but overpriced. Overall not a good experience, plan to wait a long one for your food.