Vuz Restaurant and Vuda Bar
12234 S. Draper Gate Dr.
Draper, UT 84020Neighborhood:
Salt Lake City
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Vuz Restaurant and Vuda Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vuzbar.net/
- Phone: 8016178600
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:30pm Bar: Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 11:00pm Dinner: Friday-Saturday 5:00 - 10pm Bar: 5:00pm - Midnight Sunday Brunch: 11am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Kaharim Beccera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Vuz offers private dining for your event that is comfortable and inviting. The ambiance of our dining room is both spacious and elegant, offering all of the amenities to make your evening memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Ali 8888853162
- Entertainment: Live entertainment
A word from Vuz Restaurant and Vuda Bar
Vuz restaurant & lounge provides patrons with a young and sophisticated contemporary American restaurant, perfect for a quick bite or business lunch. By night, Vuz restaurant & lounge transforms into an exciting and energetic indoor/outdoor ultra-lounge serving flavorful and decadent plates, and offering a full service bar; ideal for unwinding with co-workers or a fun filled night with close friends. Vuz lounge boasts a warm inviting ambiance and relaxing atmosphere that offers drinking, dining and entertainment with an emphasis on exceptional customer service. Vuz professional staff will ensure that discerning guests are the highlight of any occasion. Vuz restaurant & lounge brings a new level of a luxury and opulence to the Draper.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vuz Restaurant and Vuda Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Poor FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/15/2013The food was way below standards for the price. The steak was overcooked. The halibut dish had so much butter it was worse than unhealthy. The food had so much salt I had to have a few glassed of water when I got home. The service was great. We felt very welcome but with the food so bad I doubt we will return. The prices are very high end. I am more that willing to pay a high price but not here.Special Features:
- Just awful....Guerraint11Dined on 3/9/2013This restaurant has two sides. The bar and restaurant. The restaurant is a bit cold in atmosphere while the bar is a bit warmer. The food left much to be desired. My partner ordered a rib eye. What he was served looked like a Salisbury steak TV dinner smothered in gravy....not to mention the flattest looking rib eye I have ever seen. The presentation was awful and tasted about the same. I ordered a risotto paella. When it was served to me it looked like it had Been under the warming bulb for too long and the surface of the risotto looked dried out. For a restaurant to charge such extravagant prices, .........look, appeal, taste, atmosphere and upscale service should come along without question. I can't recommend this place to anyone.
- A nice restaurant for theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2013A nice restaurant for the Draper/Sandy crowd. All our items were delicious and our server was cheerful, but she lacked some of the finesse you would expect when spending $30+ per entree. Appetizer portion was small, entree was large, dessert was enough to share. Would highly recommend a reservation if planning on a Fri or Sat evening. Thankfully we had one as it was packed on Friday. If you're hard of hearing (like us) or want a bit more intimacy, you should ask for a booth or something to the side as we had trouble with our conversation. Lesson learned. Have also dined on the patio in the summer-- it can be a bit warm if there is no breeze but it's nice to have an outdoor seating option with a view down here in this part of the valley.Special Features:
- GO for the bar not the restaurantkdaveVIPDined on 2/16/2013The bar is nice, the restaurant is a little like Vegas with fancy waiters, LED lighting and clouds on the ceiling. The food was fine but did not match the price tag. Great view and a good place to get a drink in the bar.Special Features:
- Our Valentine's Night at VuzOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Our Valentine's Night at Vuz was Fabulous and the food was simply delicious , thanks for the cook , he did an AWESOME JOB :) keep up the good work :) GREAT Service as well , thanks for making our night so special :)Special Features:
- We loved the Vuz Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013My date and I love The Vuz. The food was great and the atmosphere was romantic. Our waitress was always attentive to us even though it was a busy night. I will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Great valentines dinner. choseLovetoEatVIPDined on 2/14/2013Great valentines dinner. chose the preset menu and it did not let down. Had a later reservation, got there a little early and they made space for us even with a full house. Will go back for sure.Special Features:
- simple meals at high prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013not overly impressed for the price and food presentation. food is not over the top, rather bland in it's chefs presentation. waiter took 3x request to reload bread. we asked for water no ice...that never happened until the 3rd refill when the waiter finally caught on. once guest at our table did not order the price fixed inclusive meal, which included a starter and desert. the wait staff was horrific, and should have made point at very least offer that person a starer and/or desert, he was apparently unskilled at food serving. Vuz's markets themselves to be top end restaurant with superior chef's menu and dining atmosphere. sorry, just not seeing it. when you dare charge $50 a plate subtle thing can and do make all the difference.Special Features:
- This was for St.ValentineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013This was for St.Valentine day so the menu was different than usual but still as good, service was slow especially after we have been seated and the time we get the menus...Special Features:
- My wife and I both orderedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013My wife and I both ordered the steak which was a big mistake. Probably the worst steak we both have had from an upscale restaurant. It was very thin, no taste, full of fat. The rest of the food was very good..just not the steak.
- not so great this time...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We went to Vuz for Valentine's Day and a Birthday celebration with anticipation of a great evening of food and friends... unfortunately, the staff was not ready for the evening. The staff while friendly, seemed overwhelmed and not really that busy considering the day. We were there over 2 hours and most of that time was waiting for service of taking our order, or our meal to clearing our plates. I was surprised as we have been there before and loved everything. The food was OK. not what I remember from past visit. The pasta I was told, quite bland and the Kurobuta Pork dish was mediocre at best that evening and was told it was a house specialty by our waiter. I will try Vuz one more time, during my favorite time of year... Patio tiSpecial Features:
- Underwhelmed by the food..VegasTravellerVIPDined on 2/14/2013Underwhelmed by the food.. Was asked if I had just ran a marathon because apparently I was drinking too much water.Special Features:
- Always WonderfulBetinaVIPDined on 2/14/2013This is one of our favorite places. The bar is a great place to pop into after work for drinks with friends and the dining room is wonderful for a romantic dinner in one of their deep booths. We attended a reception here as well, held in the private area, and the staff and food, again, was fabulous. Lollipops to start is always good, chef's recommendation for entree, lobster bisque is a favorite and the mac and cheese is a hit too. The service is always great and they don't hover, but there when you need something. They did a special menu for Valentine's and I had the steak. The bread pudding was really good, and I love their bread.Special Features:
- Our waitress was beyond terrible,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Our waitress was beyond terrible, she was slow, had no knowledge of the drinks, forgot the sauce for our appetizer manager had to bring it out, then our food came and she took our appetizer when we weren't done with it, never brought our to go boxes, ya terrible waitress, other than that the food was amazing, and very nice environment
- Great Draper dining optionDisappointedDined on 2/9/2013Attentive service and creative menu, it is so nice to have an fine dining option in Draper. The waiter was very helpful as one of us has food allergies. The chef offered to prepare a version without the problem ingredient. The flatbread appetizer was delicious, the ahi & hears of palm salad is highly recommended. The lobster bisque rich and smooth. The scallops were done perfectly, and the fish special was very nice. We thought some of the entree sauces were heavy on the salt, but otherwise nice. Don't miss the chocolate souffle - it is definitely worth the 15 minute wait.Special Features:
- Never Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2012Took my wife to Vus for a New Years Eve romantic evening. I made my reservations through Open Table 3 days prior. We had an 8:00 pm reservation. As we entered we were sat in the dining portion of the bar. To make this short, the service was absolutely horrible (First time I have never tipped). Loud obnoxious DJ music began playing a little after 8:00. Food was okay. I truly could not understand this horrible music blasting away a little after 8:00. Save it for 10:00 pm and allow people to have dinner in peace. My wife and I could not even carry on a conversation. I have bought better Rib Eye at the local supermarket. And my wife's Halibut was very dry. There are too many better options in this valley for a nice quiet (expensive) dinner.Special Features:
- Food was delicious. WaiterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Food was delicious. Waiter was very busy but took the time to give us complimentary desserts. I would dine there again.Special Features:
- This was the second time we'veOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012This was the second time we've dined here. Both times the service has been extremely SLOW. And the food is just ok. We won't be going back.
- The waiter was a little frantic,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012The waiter was a little frantic, but it was New Year's Eve so maybe that is why he was so anxious. The menu offered gluten free options, which was perfect for one of our diners.Special Features:
- Food was good, but for theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Food was good, but for the price they could do better if they went with higher quality ingredients and smaller portions for the entrees. The appetizers were good, but not outstanding. Could tell what the chef was trying for, but didn't quite make it. Example, the deconstructed lobster mac and cheese was really spaghetti noodles with a few chunks of lobster. The chocolate souffle for dessert was tasty, but very undercooked. For a Saturday night the place was "dead." May or may not eat there again. For the price we paid there are many other restaurants that are just as good or better. Alcohol and wine selections were better than average, but still not outstanding. The food was just GOOD.
- Christmas dinner 2012OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/21/2012The resteraunt and the staff were all very nice. Experience was great..Special Features:
- The food was good. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2012The food was good. Service was good up until the end. Took a long time for our waiter to finally bring our check. There were only two other tables at the time. Not sure where our waiter disappeared to.Special Features:
- This was a very nice experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012This was a very nice experience. I heard about this place and it certainly did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Great restaurant! The foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012Great restaurant! The food and service was great!!! Will definitely go back!!!Special Features:
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012This was our first time at Vuz and it was for Thanksgiving dinner. The food was very good and the staff was friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed our experience and will be back.Special Features:
- As good as beforeBobBVIPDined on 11/22/20122nd time there. Just as nice as before. Went to the bar before going to dinner, it was nice and we even ordered an appitizer that Edguarto (bartender) reccomended. It was duck tacos and they were excellent - would reccomend them to anyone. Dinner was there Thanksgiving special that was really good and slight bit different. Would reccomend it to anyone for next ThanksgivingSpecial Features:
- Excellent! High quality foodkethompsDined on 11/22/2012Excellent! High quality food at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- A service sensationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Some of the best service I have ever experience. A lot of attension, but no hoovering. The food was great and plentiful, but I found the desert skimpy. The house white wine was a zinfindel which I found too overpowering for the turkey. Overall it was a great experience and I look forward to returning in the spring or summer to sit on the balcony and enjoy the view.Special Features:
- A return is plannedBobBVIPDined on 11/13/2012Had a great experience. First time there, went to the bar and had a glass of wine prior to having dinner to check it out. Made reservation so had time for drink first. Found it very enjoyable and Eduardo was gracious and very helpful since no Sauvignon Blanc by the glass. Went to dinner and view and dinner were excellent. I agree with another comment I saw, I ordered my rack of lamb med rare and it was just right.. My wife's dinner was excellent also. Our Service at dinner was great till we were done, we really had to wait to pay our check for quite some time. We difinely will add this restaurant to our return list.. I really want to try their Sunday Brunch the menu looks great.Special Features:
- Good, not great....FenderDined on 11/2/2012Overall experience was good. I had the lamb shank which was very good. My wife had the scallops. She thought they were spiced up a bit too much. Service was okay, nothing extraordinary. Not sure we will go back since there are a couple other places we like better.
- Food and atmosphere just amazing,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Food and atmosphere just amazing, will do my rehearsal dinner here.Special Features:
- Fantastic as always...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012As always with our trip to our favorite restaurant we had a wonderful time. Our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves and we loved our outdoor seating. The food was amazing and the service is always top notch (thanks Jose!). I had the Maui Onion soup (superb!) and the lamb shank, which was cooked to perfection. All meals looked wonderful. The only complaint came from my wife when she was told that they had run out of both chocolate deserts. Other than that...a perfect evening and I HIGHLY recommend this as one of Utah's best restaurants.Special Features:
- The waiter Julio is especiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012The waiter Julio is especially charming. He is courteous, professional, involved and intuitive. Best wait service I've had in a long, long time. His knowledge of the menu was encyclopedic, he was present without being overbearing, he was particular about my steak temperature, and he made the experience very enjoyable. Girlfriend and my first time; will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Best establishment south of FlemingMarcandMayVIPDined on 9/8/2012Best place in the South-East end of the valley! The staff is very professional and the food is incredible. We were there for our 4th visit to celebrate my Mother's 90th Birthday and our party included my 13 y/o daughter and "biker" brother. Everyone felt comfortable and well-served. Thank you so muchSpecial Features:
- Always exceptional!sbllivingwellDined on 8/25/2012This is our favorite restaurant in SLC! This is a "must try"! The food is fresh and innovative, with creative flare. The service is always excellent.Special Features:
- We are frequent guests. ThisDaveVIPDined on 8/22/2012We are frequent guests. This last time, with 2 new guests was very disappointing. A very long wait for the wine we requested to be served, and after the original wait to find out first choice of wine was not available. Overall food was excellent BUT CremeBrule was totally terrible. Worse than canned custard.Special Features:
- Vuz - improved and terrificJLDCEOVIPDined on 8/17/2012I don't know if they changed chefs or I just got them on a good night, but the food at Vuz (this time, but not last time) was terrific! I had the filet, my wife the halibut, and our guests the scallops and risotto respectively. All were VERY good. The food came our hot and the flavors were interesting and compelling. In my view, the best thing I had during the meal was the "mussel shooters". Spicy, but not overly so, and the flavor of the mussels was not overpowered by the myriad of spices and herbs included in the dish. A real unique and satisfying starter to what turned out to be a great meal. If they can consistantly perform to this level, which up to now has been a challenge, they will see much, much more of me!!Special Features:
- Amazing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Simply Wonderful! The Outstanding Service!, I have never had such quick, and courteous service, the food was cooked to perfection!, Prices are a bit high, but to me it was worth every penny! I will be returning in the near future..Special Features:
- This was our first time atbrentVIPDined on 8/10/2012This was our first time at Vuz - it was nice, but it will be a while before we go back. The food was mediocre, at best. The pricing was expensive, comprable to the nicest restaurants in Salt Lake City, but the food wasn't even close. We ordered wine, appetizers, soups, entrees and desserts. The appetizers - the crab cakes and lobster mac & cheese - were okay, nothing special. The soups - the lobster bisque and the onion soup - weren't freshly made and were not good. The lobster bisque tasted fine, but was thick and the texture was off. The onion soup was horrible. It was really greasy and we sent it back to the kitchen (but it was still on our bill at the end of the night). The entree, wine & dessert were good, but that's about it.Special Features:
- Unique experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Really enjoyed the food and the experience. Had both the flat bread and tuna appetizers and the pan seared chicken. I was blown away by the tuna and the flavor. The interior of the restaurant is a bit unnerving for some reason (wished the feel of the lobby/bar carried over into the dinning area).