9712 Groffs Mill Drive
Owings Mills, MD 21117Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.american-bistro.com/
- Phone: 4103563100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Friday - Saturday: 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jacob Rivera
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can do off premises catering in your home or office.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that can seat up to 50 people.
- Private Party Contact: Prasasti Prasai 8775327848
A word from American Bistro
Located in the Newtown Village Shopping Center, the American Bistro offers authentic Italian Cuisine and friendly service at affordable prices. Come on in and try our delicious seafood dishes like our Shrimp Scampi and Seafood Risotto. If traditional Italian fare is what you are looking for try the Veal Parmigiana or Chicken Marsala. AB’s Ultimate Happy Hour is the best in Owings Mills offering $2 Domestic Beers, $3 Import and Premium Beers, $4 Glasses of House Wine and Well Drinks and Half off any appetizer on the Dinner Menu. We have only one goal: To ensure a fantastic dining experience for all of our guests! Whether you are enjoying a homemade sangria in the lounge or part of a large group in our private dining room, the staff and management of American Bistro will go the extra mile to make sure that you will want to come back and visit us againContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
American Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- We tried the Indian cuisine.FrequentFoodieVIPDined on 8/31/2013We tried the Indian cuisine. I liked the curried chicken (not the name on the menu but that is what it was). I liked it very much, but I thought the chef could have skipped the jalepeno peppers. Curry is tasty enough. My husband ordered a beef dish and the beef was not of high quality. It was chuck-grade. Not what we would expect. The service was excellent. The atmosphere was good, especially because it was not too noisy. They mentioned the lunch buffet several times, but $9.50 seems high for lunch. If they drop the price, we might consider it. We probably will return, but will steer clear of beef.
- This was our first visit,WmgldgVIPDined on 7/20/2013This was our first visit, We thought the food was really good. I had a veal dish and my husband chose an Indian entree. Both were very tasty. The service was really excellent. I haven't had such good service in much more swanky places. They were very attentive and pleasant as well as helpful in choosing entrees. We will return for sure.Special Features:
- Delicious Indian FoodSlj63VIPDined on 7/8/2013Went for lunch during the week with a group from work. Stellar service and the Indian buffet was fantastic. The garlic naan was the best I've ever had! We will definitely be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise!YummyTummyDined on 6/23/2013A true melting pot! I love Indian food, hubby doesn't so what a pleasant surprise to dine on lamb palak and naan while he enjoyed an Italian chicken dish. My meal was delicious; his was too. The wait staff was very kind and attentive. We're going back again soon!I would recommend this to a friend.
- American BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2013The restaurant was not open. We arrived on time for our reservation and they informed us that they were under new management and only the bar was open. We had a reservation for 6 for luncheon so unfortunately we had to find another restaurant. Seems like a communication issue with Open Table? I do not have any comments about the restaurant.
- Always Good!GreatVIPDined on 6/8/2013We like this restaurant because of the many menu options - and all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian Food FindambercrestDined on 5/31/2013Best mimosas and great curry. Prices reasonable for fine dining. Will have to try for lunch...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A valiant effortOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013We came on the spur of the moment, on Mother's day. Got a reservation through Open Table, no problem. Calamari was properly done, with good sauce. Menu was "special" for Mother's day, so we don't know what it is regularly. Veal Parmigiano was o.k., but not that special. Vegetables to go with had no Broccoli, and were steamed. Broiled would have been better. We tried three times to get a good red wine. The first they were out of, the second was like battery acid, but the third, a Merlot, was not bad. Desserts were appropriate, though the waitress dropped one of them on the platter before serving (should not be serving with a bandaged thumb like that...) The Crab Tortellini was heavy, and the sauce too rich. It overwhelmed the crab flavor.Special Features:
- Great for groupsTLGTDined on 5/12/2013Our Mothers Day experience at the restaurant went smoothly. I had booked our table for 9 about two weeks before and ended up increasing the number in my party twice and they were very responsive and willing to accommodate. Using Open Table's app made it even easier to stay on top of the changes. The table was ready when we arrived, located in a private area so we were able to converse and not annoy others. The food was delicious with a good special event menu. Service was quick and responsive. My family enjoyed our time together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- People Nice, Food NottimewhubbyVIPDined on 5/5/2013This was one of the worst food experiences of all time. If there is a rating lower than poor, I would give it. The American Bistro (so named), specializes in Italian and Indian Food. The crab bruschetta was piled high with soggy and unseasoned tomatoes and scattered crab. It was flavorless and I left most of it on the plate, picking out the crab -- with 0 seasoning -- and leaving everything else. The salad dressing was watered down. The clams casino looked like nasal mucus with onions. I was never able to identify the clams. My dining companion said it was the worst bacon hamburger he had ever tasted. The bacon was not even medium cooked. Ughhhhhhhh!!!!!!
- Great food and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013Great food and great service! Very reasonably priced!Special Features:
- The restaurant itself is nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2013The restaurant itself is nice, very intimate. Which was perfect for a date but the food was bad. I returned my first dish because it was bland. They were very accomdating and offered me another dish. I accepted it but did not like that one either. The food just didn't have any favor.
- Great birthday dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/18/2013Great birthday dinner with a friend. We tried a number of appetizers and they were all good, especially the crab dip. Servings were plentiful.Special Features:
- The night we were there theyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/9/2013The night we were there they were hosting a very loud party. Since the restaurant is rather small, the noise level was very high. They need to figure out a better way to have parties at the restaurant.Special Features:
- It is a shame because theOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/2/2013It is a shame because the food here is very good, but the restaurant appears to be disorganized and chaotic the night we were there. We had a reservation for 7:30 and waited 35 minutes for a table (we were not alone). Everyone was pleasant and apologetic, but they clearly accepted too many patrons--and still accepted another table of 10 in the bar area as we were getting seated. They had the bartendar running to the kitchen for orders--versus someone bringing them to her, which forced the wait staff make drinks. Bus staff made 3 or 4 trips to clear tables versus one with a tray or bucket. Staff needs training, management needs to revisit workflows, and learn to say no. Continue with good kitchen--awesome stuffed mushrooms and salmon!
- Avoid going...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013We had to wait and wait and wait for a seat even after reservation from Open Table. After we set down, no one came quickly to take the order. When we got the order, no one came to check on us for water, bread, or for other necessary items. Lastly, the food was not even close to what they claim to be. It was definitely not authentic Italian. The taste was very lame and without flavor.
- I had purchased a Groupon.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2013I had purchased a Groupon. It was a little pricey, but the food was wonderful. I asked if I could halve my meal as I wanted an dessert, and the waiter said we don't have lunch portions or smaller portions, but will have the chef cut order in half and just cut fee in half. Wow very impressed with our waiter.Special Features:
- They have an Indian sectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013They have an Indian section on the menu... Great!!Special Features:
- Buffet and service was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/26/2013Buffet and service was good. Beverages not great and wasn't hot. Dessert was terrible. Needs an overhall.
- The food was very good. HadOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2013The food was very good. Had the crab raviolli which was very good. The menu was a bit odd as mainly italian, but also indian options.Special Features:
- we were a group of 5 sittingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013we were a group of 5 sitting in the path that everyone must take, yet we recieved very little attention even after having water spilled on our table and 2 guests. our water glasses were not kept filled. we didn't get bread until we asked for it. we had to wait forever to get our check and then for them to pick it up.
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Worst service ever! Food was uninspiring. No ambience. Would not go back if meal was free. Stay away!
- Average.JohnLDined on 1/14/2013Nicely decorated interior. Music and ambiance was very fitting. Booths were very unstable. Simple food. But simple food should be done right. Service was slow and reactive, not proactive. Overall average experience.
- American Bistro has been ourpeacieDined on 1/5/2013American Bistro has been our go-to place since they changed hands a few years. The food is very consistent and always excellent! I have been there with different friends a few times and there has never been a problem with anything! The food is always served hot and delicious. Don't let it fool you that it is in a small strip shopping center. The lamb chops are delicious and I love the Chicken Patricio! Someone at another table had an Indian dish and I may venture to that part of the menu next time. It looked and smelled excellent.Special Features:
- American Bistro NYE dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/31/2012American Bistro was a pleasant surprise for last minute plans on New Year's Eve. When we arrived, we were pleasantly greeted and sat quickly at a table the was very nice. The ambiance and atmosphere was perfect for our tastes. Everything was classy and nice, but still casual and friendly. The staff truly provide great service. Our waiter had only been serving for two weeks, and while you could tell he was a bit nervous - he did excellent. The food was excellent; everything we was received very positively. The meal did come a bit quick on top of the appetizers, soup and salad, but waiter handled that very well. Every course was delicious!!Special Features:
- The food was good, but theOTfoodieVIPDined on 12/27/2012The food was good, but the restaurant was severely understaffed which made the overall dining experience a poor one. I would not recommend this restaurant not would I go back.
- We enjoyed very friendly serviceJlp26Dined on 12/5/2012We enjoyed very friendly service from the staff at American Bistro. We especially enjoyed the fried calamari was light and fresh.Special Features:
- we thaught the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012we thaught the food was very good and we had great service...Special Features:
- The food was good, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/15/2012The food was good, but the music was not fit for a restaurant. The server did not give us her full attention while at the table, but was kind and courteous. Italian and Indian do not go together in my eyes and the name does not fit as none of the food is american by any means.
- Food and service were good.frankDined on 10/27/2012Food and service were good. I liked the Indian food. I also liked the idea of live music on Saturday night.Special Features:
- Very pleasant server but veryericfrommdDined on 10/26/2012Very pleasant server but very slow. Lots of confusion about specials and happy hour. Food was decent. Took forever to get our bill then it was wrong.
- food and service were excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2012food and service were excellent. when we asked if the music could be turned down, it was done immediately.Special Features:
- Our meal was outstanding!AlbertVIPDined on 10/12/2012Our meal was outstanding! Our server was very good - attentive but not overly so. We really enjoyed the evening and will return.Special Features:
- Indian Food at American BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/8/2012The new addition of the Indian Food on the menu is worth a visit. The naan bread was the best we've had. Monday night is half priced bottles of wine.Special Features:
- Unusual selections, give it a try.JimmazVIPDined on 10/5/2012Although called American Bistro, here you will find a large selection of Italian and Indian dishes. Well prepared and nicely served. Worth a visit.Special Features:
- This was our first time butLeptodoraDined on 9/22/2012This was our first time but it is likely to be our last. Two out of four dishes were okay. However, the meatballs were bland, and the lasagna was not only bland but the noodles had been overcooked before the dish was built. There was no structure to it. On top of that, there was live music in the bar area beginning at 8, which was too loud. Not a happy night out.
- Not the cleanest place inOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/14/2012Not the cleanest place in town. Also, service by younger staff is poor and unguided.
- Went with a party of 9. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/11/2012Went with a party of 9. Service was good. Food was Good.Special Features:
- I live in the area and frequentBabyDined on 7/30/2012I live in the area and frequent American Bistro because it is so GREAT (as indicated in my ratings above). Taste and environment are just as they were when the restaurant was Liberatores. I recommend it to everyone!Special Features:
- Work lunch for 9 people. ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/25/2012Work lunch for 9 people. There was 1 server working - taking orders, seating guests, serving food, delivering checks. POOR Service. The food was okay, not great.